No Love For Valentine

By beautybreezy

There's no love for Valentine. For as long as she could remember, Valentine have never felt loved. Growing up... More

Chapter 1 : A fresh new start
Chapter 2 : There's Neighbors ?
Chapter 3 : Whose boy is that ?
Chapter 5 : Its just business
Chapter 6 : Its Just Business Pt2
Chapter 7 : All in the family
Chapter 8 : Just Friends ?
Chapter 9 : Can't You See ?
Chapter 10 : Back to the money
Chapter 11 : Puppy Love
Chapter 12 : Reunion. No Family.
Chapter 13 : Home Sweet Home
Chapter 14 : She's Back
Chapter 15 : Not Mine
Chapter 16 : Are You The Enemy ?
Chapter 17 : Switching Sides
Chapter 18 : Back To The Old Me
Chapter 19 : Plan A
Chapter 20 : Failed
Chapter 21 : Try Again
Chapter 22 : Game On
Chapter 23 : Caught Up

Chapter 4 : The Get Back

378 27 1
By beautybreezy

The Get Back....

"Girl.... If you don't get out that mirror," Sydney paused as she watched Valentine comb her fingers through her now red and curly hair. "I'm going to leave you and make sure Marcus leaves you too." She teased making Valentine laugh and look her way. It was now a month later and Valentine stuck to her promise. Keeping her distance. Minus from Marcus, he made it his business everyday to stop by her house. Especially when he didn't have any football practice, he would stop by. "Now why would you do that?" Valentine asked as she coated her lips in some lip gloss. The only reason she started to hang out with Sydney as well because they had bumped into each other at the mall and from then on, they were cool. No judgment, no bitterness, just friends. Sydney even taught Valentine how to put on her own make up. She wasn't the best yet, but she never went outside looking crazy either. "Umm maybe because you won't move from the mirror!! I get it! You're cute! Marcus will think the same!" Sydney teased making Valentine suck her teeth. She wasn't checking for Marcus. He felt more like a close friend or older brother to her. So she didn't look at him in that way. "Now we're smacking our lips, hm." Sydney teased and the two shared a laugh. "I really dislike you, but let's go get this boy." Valentine said grabbing up her black bag that held her necessities. Heading out the door, Valentine sure to lock up before making their way over to Marcus house. "Hey baby!" Ms. Mary smiled as she was on her way out the door. She was doing a double shift at the hospital. "Hey Ms. Mary, how you doing?" Valentine asked with a smile. Being that Marcus and Valentine had became so close, she also had grown a bond between Ms. Mary and Mr. Hendrix, Marcus's step father. "I'm good baby, how you doing?" She asked before waving over at Sydney. After hearing what went on between Chachi and the girls, Ms. Mary was never a fan of any of Valentine's friends. Well associates, that's what she chose to call them. "I'm fine. You heading to work?" Valentine asked making Ms. Mary nod her head in response. "You and that boy better behave yourselves and get home safely." Ms. Mary said grabbing her jacket. "We will and you do the same Ms. Mary, goodnight." Valentine said. Ms. Mary winked before leaving out of her house. Walking deeper into Marcus house, you could already smell his cologne as it lingered through the house. "So you're not about to rush bae?" Sydney teased in a whisper making Valentine laugh and take a seat on the couch. Following after her, Sydney took a seat before pulling out her phone. Hearing laughter as it grew louder and louder, both Valentine and Sydney looked in the direction of the staircase. And here came Marcus with his best friend, Geo. "Oh shit! Ya scared me. Where did my moms go?" Geo asked as he placed his hand over his chest. Marcus smiled before shaking his head. Geo was straight bullshitting. He was just upstairs saying how cute Ms. Mary looked to him and how he's going to marry her. But now, that's his mom. "Out. Ya ready?" Valentine asked while Sydney stared at them with a bored look. "Yeah come on." Marcus said tossing up his keys before catching them. The girls stood up and headed out the door with the boys right behind them. "Whose car are we riding in?" Sydney asked. They had four choices. "We could ride in my car being that I could drive you home." Geo said as Sydney started to smile and nod her head. This what the date was all about anyways. These two having a interest in each other, but neither wanted to be alone. So they dragged Marcus and Valentine along.

"We should've left their asses." Marcus whispered to Valentine while they sat back watching Sydney and Geo playfully bump each other. "Right? But then again it is fun kicking their asses." Valentine smiled. They ended up at the bowling alley and was on their third game. "Right, we make a kick ass team." Marcus said and the two started to laugh. Watching as Sydney and Geo making their back way over to the table, both Marcus and Valentine stood up being that it was their turn. "Ha! Try and top that!" Sydney bragged as if she didn't just score six points. Marcus and Valentine looked over at each other while laughing before slapping each other fives. "We got this." Valentine said making Sydney playfully slap her thigh as they walked by each other. "Yeah okay!" Geo said making Sydney laugh and agree with him. Standing in front of the aisle, Valentine grabbed herself a bowling ball and sent it rolling down the aisle with full speed. Watching as the ball knocked down each and every pin, Valentine looked back at Sydney before winking. Stepping aside Marcus acted as if he had to warm up making Valentine laugh at him. "You play too much." She giggled making him smile and grab one of the heaviest balls. "Watch this." He bragged before swinging the ball and making it bounce against the floor. "What? No!" Valentine yelled as she laughed as Marcus laughed with her. "Watch this though." He chuckled pointing to the rolling ball. The ball rolled before knocking down only five pins and the two laughed uncontrollably. "Maybe next time." Valentine giggled as she patted Marcus arm being that his shoulder was out of reach. "So who got that game?" Sydney asked as she crossed her legs making Valentine and Marcus laugh at her. "Us." Both Marcus and Valentine said before slapping each other a high five. "We got the next game Syd, don't worry." Geo said and the two shared a handshake making Valentine smile. "Is that a handshake? Oh okay!" Marcus cheered them on while Sydney began to blush. "We out to the basketball shit right?" Geo asked ignoring the question. "Don't hold your breath." Marcus bragged making everyone laugh at him. "Yeah whatever, yo ass play football." Geo said and they laughed once more. Cleaning up their area and switching back to their original shoes, the four of them headed out of the bowling alley and went downstairs to the arcade. "How many rounds are we doing?" Geo asked feeling confident in this game. Basketball was everything to him. So he had no worries. "With all these damn kids in here? Let score be twenty one." Marcus said making Geo smile and hold the door open for the rest of them. "Good looking loser." Marcus said patting the top of his head before going inside. Valentine stuck her tongue out at him before thanking him and Sydney winked his way. Geo started smiling before shaking his head and following behind Sydney. Putting his arm around her, Sydney started to smile and inhale his scent. "We about to kill them, they don't even know it." Geo whispered making Sydney giggle. "For real this time?" She asked and the two shared a laugh. Geo said that about bowling and look how that turned out.

Laughing as they all sat around waiting for their food, Valentine could've sworn she seen Isaiah. But he had walked by too fast for her to catch a glance at her face. "That three though. Who did you think you were?" Geo asked looking over at Valentine. She sucked at sports. They were never her thing. Dancing ? Yes. Singing ? Maybe. Sports ? A big no. "Your favorite ball player." She teased making Marcus and Geo chuckle. "Nah, not him." Geo said making Marcus laugh some more. He's the only one who knew that Geo's favorite basketball player was himself. And its been that way since his hands ever touched a basketball. Geo had this theory that when you have a specific favorite player, they always seem to let you down. But being that he did his thing in ball, he only cared to root himself on. "Who's your favorite ball player?" Sydney asked being that Geo nor Marcus couldn't stop laughing. Geo calmed his laughter before smirking. "Me." Sydney and Valentine looked each other's way before laughing. This must be a joke ! Sydney laughed to herself. Geo didn't come off as the 'me ! Me ! Me' type of guy. "What? I'm serious." He said making Valentine shake her head. "You're a mess. So who's your favorite football player, Marcus?" She asked turning Marcus's way. Giving a small smile, Marcus licked his lips. "My favorite football player is Rob Gronkowski, he's on the Patriots." He said as the girls nodded their heads not knowing who the hell Marcus was talking about. "I'm back!" The waitress cooed as she held their food on a big plate. "Aye! You the real MVP!" Sydney cheered making everyone at the table and the waitress laugh at her. "Thank you." She smiled placing everyone's food in front of them. Waiting for her to walk away, everyone started to pick at their food. "Mhm." Marcus moaned as he chewed on his fry that was coated in some ranch sauce. His favorite. "Is it that good?" Sydney teased before smirking. Valentine silently laughed to herself knowing Sydney was going to tease her later on. "Want some?" Marcus asked making Geo chuckle. He knew what he was about to do. "If you making all of those noises. Why not?" She said making Valentine laugh at her greedy ass. "Here." Marcus said before sliding her his plate and when Sydney went to reach for a fry, he snatched his plate back. "So you thought!" He snickered making Sydney flip him off and grab two fries off of Geo's plate being that he was the main one laughing. "I didn't deny you fries. So why take my shit?" Geo frowned making the girls laugh at him. "Awwe you're about to cry over food? Here." Sydney cooed picking up fries from her plate and leveled it at Geo's mouth. He started smirking before opening his mouth. Not wanting to ruin the moment like she wanted to do, Sydney fed him the fries. "Goals!" Valentine and Marcus cooed as Sydney cheeks began to warm up. "Don't you start, you know how this will end." She said pointing at Valentine. Marcus looked over at Valentine before smirking. "You be around boys? Let me find out." He teased making Geo lean forward. "No. Don't listen to Sydney, she's been drinking before we got here." Valentine laughed wanting to keep Sydney's mouth shut. "I did taste a little bit of beer on your breath." Geo joked making everyone laugh before they realized they kissed each other. "What?!" Valentine yelled in shock.

Heading out of TGI Friday's, they ended up bumping into Isaiah, Lala, Asia and Dior. Valentine just smiled as Marcus tried blocking her off. "I swear I'm not even going to do anything." Valentine laughed as she looked over at Isaiah. It seemed as if he was more than excited to see Valentine, but he had to play it cool. No girl ever had him feeling the way Valentine did even with her treating him like a nobody. "Hi Valentine! We don't have no beef! So I would like a hug!" Asia yelled making Valentine laugh while Sydney mean mugged all of them. "Come over here then, I don't trust her little ass." Marcus said making Valentine playfully roll her eyes. "Stop it Marcus, you're making it seem like I'm a animal." She said making everyone laugh at her even Dior laughed. Marcus looked down at Valentine before looking over at Asia. "You want to say hi right?" He asked making Asia smile and rush over to Valentine with opened arms. They quickly hugged each other but Asia didn't let go. "I don't know why you took that shit out on all of us. What did I tell you when we first met?" Asia frowned. Lala and Dior were her babies, but it was nothing wrong with making new friends. Especially if they're pretty. That's what makes everything ten times better. "That they're bitter and to pay them no mind." Valentine grumbled. She did feel a little bad now that she had cut Asia off. She wasn't even around to break up the fight nor see it. As soon as Marcus started kicking everyone out, she went to look for her friends only to see them all in the pool looking pulled on. "Does "them" count as me? And you know your girl Chachi misses you." Asia said making Valentine nod her head but said nothing. No matter how bad she tried to only bad talk Dior and Lala, Valentine still felt that Chachi could've been able to hold Lala little ass. Well at least until they got out of the pool and was able to fight fair and square. "She has my number and she has my address." Valentine shrugged. Asia snickered before laughing loudly. "Don't play Valentine! You know your ass has that girl blocked like she's your man!" She yelled making Valentine laugh some more. "I'll unblock her tonight." She giggled making Asia shake her head with a smile on her face. "Good so then we could call it truce with these heffas, but be safe and live life honey. See you later." Asia said pulling Valentine in for another hug. "Later Asia and tell Isaiah I said he could've came and said hi too, I was never mad at him." Valentine said making Asia smirk and look back at Isaiah, but he was too busy texting someone on the phone. "I got you right now, matter of fact he'll be texting you too." Asia winked before walking back over to her friends. Valentine laughed before shaking her head. "You ready? I miss my bed." She asked while Geo and Sydney leaned up against his car. "Yeah come on." Marcus said throwing his arm around Valentine wanting to be petty. This was nothing new. Every girl Marcus had interest in, Isaiah would end up talking to them; vice versa. Isaiah is actually the one who started the whole fight wanting Marcus to get out of Chachi's face. But things got way too out of hand and he didn't even get a chance to talk to her. And that's how he ended up being in Valentine's face.

Tossing up a grape and catching it with her mouth, Valentine was happy to be back home and back in her pajamas. "Do you think I should be mad at Chachi?" She asked Marcus while tossing up another grape before catching it with her mouth. Laying at the end of the bed, Marcus watched as she constantly caught the grapes with her mouth. "Why were you mad at her in the first place?" Marcus asked as he placed his hands behind his head. Valentine held the grape that she was about to toss and looked down at where Marcus was laying. "Her ass let Lala sneak me. Like let's be real, how thick Chachi is compared to Lala?" Valentine frowned making Marcus nod his head. "She was drinking though." He said remembering how flirtatious Chachi was acting when they were talking. "Whose side are you on?" Valentine asked with a slight mug on her. She didn't need any opinions yet, she just needed for him to listen first. "There's no side." Marcus chuckled and licked over his lips. He looked Valentine's way before smiling. "Anyways, I felt that she let her friend sneak me being that I was kicking their asses. I mean I get it ! If it was that deep, she should've had fought me instead." Valentine shrugged making Marcus laugh at her. A pretty face could sure as hell fool you. Though Valentine do have a natural mean mug on her face, to Marcus she seemed harmless. Especially when she smiled or spoke with that soft ass voice of hers. Her voice was so soft a lot of people had mistaken her for flirting with them. But all she was doing was talking. Besides, Valentine was never really a fan of flirting, she felt silly doing it. "Woah, you must be from Brooklyn." Marcus joked making Valentine laugh but shake her head 'no'. "I was actually born in Manhattan, but everybody says New Yorkers are rough." She shrugged making Marcus chuckle and point at her. "And you're one of them." He teased making Valentine laugh at him. Staring at each other for a minute, Valentine broke the stare by looking down at her bowl of grapes. "Do you want to have a contest with who could catch the most grapes?" She asked making Marcus smile but sit up as well. He kicked off his Nike slides before putting his legs on the bed and stretched them out. "Woah!" Valentine laughed as his legs reached where she was sitting. "How tall are you?" She asked. Marcus chuckled before smiling and saying "6'5." Valentine nodded her head. "Your legs are like long! But okay, here's how the game going to go. We have to throw grapes into each other's mouths while trying to catch the ones that's being thrown our way. Deal?" She asked making Marcus nod his head. "Them shits don't have seeds right?" Marcus asked making Valentine toss him one. "Bite into it." She said so he did as told seeing there was no seeds insight. "Nah I asked cause I'm not trying to choke on them shits." He said making Valentine laugh at him uncontrollably. Living in New York had rubbed so much off on her. And having a negative mind was one of them. If Marcus would've said that in a room full of New York boys, they would've been on his ass calling him all types of gay, as a joke though. Everything is sex when it comes to them. "What?" Marcus laughed as well. Wiping her eyes, Valentine sat back up before smiling. "Its a New York thing, pay me no mind. Anyways, you ready?" She smiled making Marcus smile and shake his head. "Yeah come on." He said. So they ended up splitting the grapes before they started launching them at each other. Laughing as she finally caught one in her mouth, Valentine started choking from laughing so hard. "Oh shit!" Marcus said hopping up and rushing to Valentine's aid. He turned her on her side before patting her back as if she needed to be burped. Laughing some more, Valentine was back on breathing terms. "Ouch! I'm fine Marcus!" She laughed trying to run from him. The look on his face was priceless. "Awwwe you was worried?" Valentine teased as she caressed the side of his face. Marcus sucked his teeth before slapping her hand down. "You had my ass ready to carry you to the hospital, no more of that game." He said making Valentine force a pout. "Why?" Marcus sat back in his original spot before shaking his head. "Your ass laugh too much." He frowned making Valentine giggle and crawl her way over to him. "You'll be fine." She teased leaning up against his shoulder.

"I mean I could've slept over, but your ass wants to kick me out." Marcus said while they stood in the doorway of Valentine's house. He was right, but Valentine was still iffy about him. Well about everybody. She promised herself after that fight not trust anyone so fast and she was sticking to that. Marcus was real cool, but he still had to go home. "I know, maybe next time. See you later Marcus." Valentine cooed as they gave each other a long and warm hug. "Get home safe. Okay?" She said after breaking their hug. "I live right there girl, don't panic." Marcus chuckled making Valentine playfully roll her eyes. "You heard what I said, goodnight Marcus." She said making him give her another hug before walking off. Valentine watched until he got in the house safely before going back inside and closing her door. As she made her way back upstairs, Valentine had cut all of the lights out downstairs before heading into her room. Taking off her pajama pants and socks, Valentine climbed back into her bed. Before she could even try to tie her hair up, her phone started ringing. Picking her phone up, Valentine rolled her eyes before swiping over answer to the face time call.

"Oh so you're not that mad huh?" Chachi smirked as she laid across her bed.

"I'm no ones booty call, go put on some clothes girl." Valentine said making Chachi laugh and sit up.

"Its a hot night okay? And its not like you're into girls anyways." Chachi said making Valentine scrunch up her face. Girls were the last thing on her mind.

"I understand. But what's up?" Valentine asked not knowing what else to say.

"Nothing. I just wanted to call you and let you know about our brunch date." Chachi smiled as her dimples deepen.

"Our? As in?" Valentine furrowed her brows.

"As in only us boo! This phone shit never works for me, I like being face to face. So I could know if its real or not. You feel me?" Chachi asked making Valentine nod her head.

"Yeah, what time though?" Valentine asked as a unknown number had sent her a text. "Hold on." She said going straight into the text message.

Unknown : Valentine ?

Valentine : Who's this ?

Waiting for a reply, Valentine went back to Chachi and her phone call.

"You here me?" Chachi asked.

"Yeah I'm back." Valentine said.

"Okay good, be ready by one." Chachi said fixing the sheet that was falling off her bare body.

"Okay and we're meeting each other right?" Valentine asked as another texted popped up. It was Isaiah. Damn how fast did Asia get back to them ? Valentine thought to herself.

"Yes ma'am, I'll send you the address, but I'll see you then boo." Chachi cooed.

"Okay and later Chachi." Valentine said before ending the call and going into her and Jihad's messages.

Valentine : What's up ?

Isaiah : Lol I see you're not mad at me anymore 😍

Valentine : I was never mad at you.

Valentine : I was just mad but I'll apologize if anything.

Isaiah : Its cool. How you been doing though ?

Valentine : I'm fine. You ?

Isaiah : A little hurt 😩

Valentine : Is everything okay ?

Isaiah : Nah. My baby girl got a boyfriend making me miss out on her beautiful self 😪

Valentine : Awwe maybe next time ! There's plenty of pretty girls in Miami ! You better start shooting that shot boy !

Isaiah : Bet.

Isaiah : How does the movies sound ?

Valentine furrowed her broad before laughing at how easy Isaiah had gotten over his "baby girl". "Boys I tell you." She sighed before texting him back.

Valentine : You got over your baby girl pretty fast ! 😭😭😭 Slick ass

Isaiah : You are my baby girl 😭

"What?" Valentine frowned before laughing again.

Valentine : What ? And who's my boyfriend ?

Isaiah : Lol you read that right girl, I know your ass not playing blind now 🌚🕶

Isaiah : Marcus isn't your man ?

Valentine : Lol boy you're wild. No.

Isaiah : So what was that all about today ? And he put his arm around you like you belonged to him.

Valentine : Marcus and I are good friends. We could do that.

Valentine : Lol you didn't see me accusing you of sleeping around with Lala, Dior, or Asia

Isaiah : Lol that's cause I am 🕶

Valentine : All three of them ? Goodnight Isaiah 😘✌

Valentine placed her phone back on the charger as it continued to buzz from Isaiah. She wasn't even trying to get in the mix of that. Turning on her TV and turning off the light, Valentine got comfortable in bed when Isaiah started to call her phone.

"What with your nasty ass." She snapped.

All Isaiah could do was laugh at Valentine. He couldn't believe that she had actually believed him. Any other girl would've laughed it off and started up a whole new conversation.

"I- i- I'm just playing with you Valentine! Why so serious?" He continued to laugh uncontrollably.

"That's not funny, that's nasty Isaiah." Valentine smirked. He plays too much.

"I'm sorry, I won't do it again." He snickered making Valentine shake her head as if he could see her.

"I had a long day. Can you call me tomorrow?" Valentine asked before yawning and looking over at the clock. It was going on three o'clock in the morning.

"Aight. And what about the movies?" Isaiah asked.

"No". She said before ending the call.

Sydney

Geo

Isaiah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 49.4K 69
[sequal to Attitude problems] After moving to New York, almost making a turn around just to have more beef Nassiah needs to go home; but shit c...
2.6K 131 15
Living with her parents and boyfriend was a living hell. She needed to get away, and that she did. To Orlando, Florida, the state where she might fin...
4.9K 59 26
She just graduated high school and is on her way to Miami to live with the friends she has known since she was 13. She ends up going on tour with...
3.2K 166 11
"You will regret" She said, turning to leave. He held her wrist and pulled her towards him. Making her collide with his chest. "If it's you, I am wil...