Save Me (Adopted by Lauren Ja...

By KnowItAllFreak

At the age of 4, Y/N is physically and emotionally abused by her parents, who often are found under the influ... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter NineTeen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
New Books coming
First story is up
New Book out now!
Big Announcement
Chapter Twenty Seven - Rewrite
Chapter Twenty Eight - Rewrite
Chapter Twenty Nine - Rewrite
Chapter Thirty - Rewrite
Chapter Thrity One - Additional Rewrite
Epilogue - Rewrite

Chapter Twenty Two

2.9K 123 71
By KnowItAllFreak

I got a backpack and started to stuff it with things. I put my jammies in it, I took my favorite book that Mommy would always read to me as a bedtime story and put it in my backpack too, I carefully put Mr. Good Bear in there and put the bag on my shoulder.
I took Mommy's phone, Mr. Carrot's leg and walked to the bathroom, I took my toothbrush and put it in my bag and after taking a deep breath, I walked back to the living room.

"Honey? Where are you going with that backpack?" Mommy asked looking at me from the couch, she was putting all my things together. I sighed. She really didn't care about our day, so it's better if I just go.
"I'm going to Auntie Camz's house." I said. I put her phone on the armrest of the couch and started to walk to the door, but stopped when I heard her voice once again, this time louder.
"What!? No!" She protested getting up from the ground.
"Mommy I'm going. You're busy and that's okay. Have a good night Mommy." I walked to the door.
"Y/N Y/M/N Jauregui you do not walk out that door." She warned and even though I knew to get on her bad side, I walked out anyway and walked quickly to the elevator.

In a matter of a few seconds I was standing in front of Auntie Camz's door. I knocked and waited until she came and answered and when she did I tackled her in a hug.

"Oh!" Was all she said as she tried not to bring the both of us down to the ground. She walked with me still in her arms and sat us down on the couch. "Honey, what's wrong? Why didn't you stay home tonight?" She asked.
"Yeah, I thought Lauren said Saturday was your day to spend together." I heard Auntie Lucy say.
"Not anymore." I sniffled. I took in a breath and looked at Auntie Camz's big brown eyes. "I need to talk to Kenzie." I said, she nodded and let me go.

I walked to the spare bedroom and knocked on the door, I heard Kenzie's voice saying I could come in and so I did. As I walked in I saw her sitting on the bed with two Barbie dolls. The room was slowly looking more and more like her room back at her house. I walked towards the bed and stood in front of her.

"Were you crying?" She asked and I nodded. "Why? What happened? What can I do to help you?" She asked quickly.
"You could hug me. I really need that right now." She didn't say anything else, she just extended her arms and I snuggled up to her.

A few minutes later...

I was still in Mackenzie's arms, and I didn't intend on leaving anytime soon. Her fingers were combing my hair and I have to admit it was making me sleepy, but she didn't let me fall asleep just yet.

"I love that you're here, but I have to ask."
"You wanna know why..." I trailed off lowly. "Do you remember when I told you about Brad? The man that kissed my Mommy?" I asked her.
"Curly hair, no lip?" She asked and I nodded.
"He's back." Was all I said and I heard her gasp right after. "He is Mommy's friend now."
"Friend? I thought she hated him."
"Me too." She giggled.
"What changed?"
"I don't know. I just know that he told me he will try to be her boyfriend again and that I shouldn't be in his way or he will send me to Heaven." She gasped again.
"No he won't, because I won't let him." I looked up at her and smiled. "I promise you he won't ever hurt you, if he even tries I will kick his butt." I giggle and snuggled up closer to her. I could get used to this.

Half na hour later...

I decided that it had been enough time past and that I was ready to talk to my Aunties now, so Kenzie and I walked to the living room where we found Auntie Camz sitting on Auntie Lucy's lap, she was making weird noises and I hate to interrupt but this was kind of important so I cleared my throat to get their attention and it worked out, Auntie Camz recomposed herself and sat back on the couch.
Kenzie and I walked to the couch and sat in between the two of them. I was closer to Auntie Lucy so she took my hand in her and caressed it gently.

"Whenever you're ready, baby." She said. I nodded.
"Brad's back." I said looking down.
"What!?" Auntie Camz screeched. "When? How do you know that?"
"He's at my house now. With Mommy." I said looking up at her.
"What did he want?"
"I think he told Mommy he just wants to be friends, but he told me that he is going to try to be her boyfriend again."
"And he said he's sending her to Heaven if she tries to step in." Kenzie added. I glared at her. I was thinking about leaving that out. No one else needed to know about this, because if they do they would confront my Mommy and tell her about it and if they did Brad would know and he would know I opened my mouth and he would send me to Heaven. I'm not ready to go there. Not yet.
"You need to promise not to tell my Mommy." I said exasperatly.
"Y/N we can't do that. This is serious." Auntie Lucy said.
"I know, and that's why you can't say anything. You have to pinky promise me you won't say anything." I said holding up my pinky. They looked at each other and sighed but held up their pinkies and interlocked them with mine.
"We promise." They said in unison.

After that talk they went to look for food for us, which I was looking forward to it because I never got to eat the popcorn Mommy made.
Auntie Camz made some sandwiches and let me tell you, they are amazing. And Auntie Lucy made some fries.

"I'm full." I said pushing my plate away from me.
"Me too." Kenzie said.
"Me three." Auntie Camz said imitating my actions.
"Okay, time for bed. Go brush your teeth and put on your pajamas." Auntie Lucy said.

Kenzie and I got up from the table and started to walk towards the bedroom, Auntie Camz in toe.
"Not you, Camila." Auntie Lucy said and we giggled at Auntie Camz's face of realization.

Just as I was ready I sat on the bed and waited for Kenzie, when she came into the room she had a brush in her hand.
"What do you need that for?" I asked her.
"For your hair. It's a mess."
"My hair is always a mess." She laughed.

She sat on the bed and I positioned myself in between her legs as she started to comb my hair.
"Do you miss her?" She asked.
"Who?"
"Your Mama." I sighed.
"Every day."
"Did you forgive her?" I nodded. "Did your Mommy forgive her."
"No, and I'm not sure if she will." She rubbed my shoulder and kissed my cheek.
We stayed silent for a while as I just enjoyed her hands in my hair. From the corner of my eye I saw her drop the brush, but her hands were still in my hair. I didn't say anything about it, i liked it.

"Do you like Auntie Camz?" I asked. Her hands stopped for a minute and soon started to move again.
"I do."
"Does your Mami like Auntie Camz?"
"She does. A lot." I smiled.
"They look happy." I said looking up at her.
"Yeah..." She trailed off. "Done." I put my hand in my hair to feel a braid. I smiled and kissed her cheek as a thank you.

We stayed in silence for a while, just staring at each other.
"I want you to be happy Y/N/N. I like when you're happy." Mackenzie said and I felt my cheeks heat up. "My Mami is happy with Camila. I want us to be happy like that." I cocked my head to the side in confusion. "I want to make you happy Y/N, all the time. Like Mami and Camila." I still don't understand. "My Mami is dating Camila. They're girlfriends and my Mami is happier because of that. So I want you to be my girlfriend so I can make you happy too." I smiled big. "What... Do you say?" She seemed nervous. I giggled and placed a quick kiss to her lips.
"I would love to." I said and she smiled a really big and pretty smile and I don't know if I had ever seen anything so beautiful.

"Time to go to bed, girls." Auntie Lucy said walking inside the room. She came to the bed and tucked us in. She kissed our heads and was about to leave when I asked if she could read my bedtime story. She smiled and grabbed the book out of my bag after I told her where it was.
Halfway through the story I turned to my left and closed my eyes. I was still awake but not quite, not long after, I felt arms around my waist and a hand reached for mine, I took Mackenzie's hand and intertwined our fingers, she kissed my head and that's when I knew that even after all that happened today, I would dream peacefully.

I'm back guys!! YAY! No? Okay then.

I'm back, it took me a while to write this because I haven't had much time, so bear with me, please. I have had no ideas, no help, so it's going to take me a while to write this chapter.
Also if someone is willing to help me with the writing (
which would include helping throwing in ideas) I would be more than grateful.

As always, tell me your ideas, no idea is a bad idea. I'm willing to listen to anything you have to say because this book would be literally nothing without every single one of you, so thank you.

So yeah, send ideas, comment, please vote and... I LOVE YOU.

Boo bye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.6K 2.3K 26
Y/N is next in line. When your parents are both dead, you'll need to become married. The Hernandez owe the Y/L/N. They'll have to give up their perf...
161K 3.5K 27
❝She left me.❞ ❝I should hate her, but I don't. I can't hate someone so beautiful. She did everything that she could do just so she can find a way to...
84.2K 2K 25
Camila Cabello was 6 years old when she was diagnosed with a blood disorder. She isn't allowed to leave her house nor to really have a normal life. N...
152K 3.7K 29
Camila is used to being alone. Ever since her mom and sister died, it's only been her and her dad. With her dad being an abusive jerk, she tends to k...