Prince in the City [Harry Sty...

By SumNawaz

Despite his charming looks and kind heart, Prince Harry of England wanted out of the Royal Family--even if it... More

Prince in the City--COMING SOON
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Announcement!
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 5

8.6K 269 28
By SumNawaz

This chap's more on the shorter side, but it's better than nothing, right?

Vote + Comment!

P.S.: Y'all are lying to yourselves if you don't think he looks prince-like in that pic above. my MAN.

________________________________________________

Chapter 5

Prince's POV:

"I can't believe I didn't get to see you off," Gemma sniffed in dismay, her expression of displeasure clear on my phone screen as I FaceTimed her. A frown marred her features as she walked through the halls of the palace, a pout set on her lips. "How unfair."

I snickered lightly, leaning back in the cushioned seat of the jet as I glanced out the window. We were still on the tarmac, just a few moments from taking off. "You're the one who loves going to tea parties, Gem," I couldn't help but tease, although I was just as disappointed that I hadn't been able to see her before leaving. My sister was admittedly one of my best friends, and it was highly saddening that I hadn't gotten a chance to say a proper goodbye before leaving for New York.

"Shut up, you, I was on a date," she admitted reluctantly and hastily, the phone jerking as she entered what looked like her bedroom as the door shut behind her. "I would've canceled if I knew I'd miss seeing you," Gemma added in a mutter.

My brows shot up, simultaneously replying the flight attendant's notice of take-off in five minutes with a smile before returning my gaze to the phone. "A date?" I repeated, suspicion clearly lacing my tone as I narrowed my eyes. "With who?"

"'s not important," Gemma countered, sitting on the bed as she let out a huff, staring right into the camera as she added, "What's important is that I didn't get to see you before you left."

"I know, I'm sorry," I sighed, offering a small apologetic smile. Of course, I was just as upset about not being able to see Gemma before I left, and seeing her pouting about it didn't help the case. "But I promise I'll call you every day to make up for it." She grinned at that, showing off her dimples as I added, "I've got to go now, Gem, the jet's about to take off."

My sister scoffed with a roll of her eyes. "You're saying that as if you have to hang up the phone. But alright, I have to take a shower anyway. Call when you land, H."

With a final goodbye, I ended the call and peered out the window, watching as the jet began moving to head in the direction of the runway. Inhaling softly, I rubbed my palms on my jean clad thighs, admittedly a bit nervous. It was nerve-wracking, knowing I was going to a different country to live for about a year or so completely on my own. But it was just as exciting, because this meant no rules and no prince-like duties; I was free to do whatever I pleased, and that was all sorts of new territory for me.

When the plane began picking up pace, I settled back in the cushioned seat and watched as we sped down the runway until I felt myself being pushed back due to the force of the plane finally taking off and getting off ground. Knowing I had about eight hours in the air, I pulled out my laptop and settled it on the small table in front of me, turning it on and going to my e-mail to check out the new flat I'll be staying in.

It was a flat in the Upper East Side of the city, unsurprisingly, and as I clicked through the photos that had been e-mailed to me, I realized there really was nothing normal about this place. It came fully furnished, with all sorts of furniture and appliances ready to be used, and just by looking at the pictures I could figure how expensive it was. It was almost like going from one palace to another, and I'm not too sure how I feel about that. I guess I'll have to deal with it when I get to it. Not that I'm ungrateful for such a lavish living arrangement—I was just looking for something a little bit more subtle. I've been to Louis's and Niall's flats, and they look homey and livable. Flats like the one that's waiting for me in New York seem as if you shouldn't be allowed to touch a thing in there—just like how it kind of is like in the palace, really.

Letting out a sigh, I leaned back in the seat and peered out the window, watching the clouds float underneath us as we made our way to the United States. My stomach churned pleasantly, excitement and nerves twisting around as I thought about the impending future. It would take some adjusting and getting used to, but I was more than ready to make some changes in my life. It's what I wanted, after all.

*****

It was a beautiful flat, a lot bigger than necessary for someone like myself who was living alone. White walls and hardwood floors, save for the kitchen and bathrooms that had marble flooring. The living room, furnished with three couches, an arm chair, coffee table, television and stereo system, and other decorations had large windows that overlooked the city, giving quite a nice view. Although it was a big living space, there was only one bedroom that quite big with a king sized bed, bathroom half the size of the bedroom but still pretty big.

The whole theme of the flat was white with furniture to match, completely modern looking with stainless steel kitchen supplies. Like I was promised, everything I could need was already supplied in the flat; kitchen utensils, plates, extra towels and bed sheets—anything I'd need, and I have a sneaking suspicion my mum's the one who made sure all of these things were available at my disposal.

After my things were brought up to me a few minutes after I had finished my own personal tour of the place, thanking and tipping the workers that had brought them for me. The building itself was one of the ones that had high security, so that wasn't an issue my mother had to worry about. But, honestly, it wasn't something I was too concerned with, if I was being honest. It didn't matter to me if I had high security in my building—moderate to mild would do, to keep some peace at mind, but even if I had no security, I wouldn't care.

When I had landed at the John F. Kennedy Airport, there was a car already waiting for me at the tarmac, and as far as I knew, no one was actually aware of my arrival and that was only further confirmed when I had gone online just to double check. As far as the Internet was concerned, people believed I was on a vacation somewhere, my location undisclosed. Really, I didn't care if anyone found out where I was, but it was whatever. So long as I was left alone, it would be fine.

Entering the living room, I very ungracefully fell on to one of the couches, ignoring the oversized throw pillows that fell to the floor as my phone began ringing. Pulling it out, I saw that it was a FaceTime call from Louis which I answered, watching as my screen now showed him. "How you doin', your majesty?" he grinned, chuckling as I rolled my eyes. "Neil and I miss you already."

"Oi, dick-bag, stop calling me Neil!" Niall's loud voice sounded, and I laughed as a rag hit Louis in the face, prompting him to scowl at Niall off-camera. It turned, though, until I saw Niall in his rightful place behind his bar, a grin on his face. "I see you've arrived in the States. How's it goin'?"

"It's colder here, I can tell you that," I answered truthfully, remembering the chilly afternoon air of New York that was a bit harsher than London's. "But otherwise pretty nice. I missed New York."

The phone turned again, so now I could see both Niall and Louis on either side of the bar counter as Louis said, "Well, go on! Show us the bachelor pad."

And so, for the next few minutes, I walked around the new flat and showed the boys around, stopping by the large windows to show them the view below, which both of them wholly appreciated. Once I had finished and settled back down on the couch, Niall asked, "So what're ya gonna be doing? Any plan of action?"

Letting out a breath, I laid down on the couch, not bothering to kick my shoes off as I would have back in London. But this was my home, and knowing I could do whatever I want without getting reprimanded in any way by my mother was so great. "I'm not sure, actually," I answered truthfully, my left arm folded at the back of my head as my right held my phone above my face. "Maybe explore the city? Be a typical tourist."

Louis scoffed, unimpressed as he rolled his blue eyes. "Aren't you an adventurous lad?" he sarcastically mused, shaking his head as he rested his scruffy cheek on his free hand.

"I just got here," I replied defensively, left hand running through my short hair before returning to rest behind my head once more. "And with the jetlag I'll probably be up all night so I'll go out, maybe."

Niall grinned impishly as he slid Louis a beer across the counter. "You mean the nearest pub?" he said knowingly, shaking his head in mock sorrow. "I'll try not to feel replaced."

I returned the grin, releasing a low chuckle as I kicked another throw pillow to the floor. "Sorry, mate—you know you're my number one bartender," I appeased, eyes on the window opposite of me as I watched in fascination a plane fly by from above and behind the tall buildings that decorated the city.

The Irishman scoffed knowingly, looking pointedly into the camera as he responded with a firm and matter-of-fact, "Fuck yeah, I am."

The laugh bubbled past my lips before I could help myself, shaking my head in amusement. Niall had been my official bartender ever since I had—legally—started drinking when I had turned eighteen. His small pub was the only one I visited on a daily basis, has been for years, so it was beyond a doubt going to feel strange finding some random bar here in New York and not being used to the pleasant company of the loud Irish bartender that had become one of my closest friends.

"So, what, are you staying in the U.S. for a year? That the plan?" Louis then questioned, eyebrows raised over the rim of the beer he was currently sipping.

I nodded my head, still laying on the couch as I responded, "Something like that, yes. Just gonna chill out for a bit, you know?"

Niall's voice then sounded. "In other words, you just want some me time like the prissy little prince you are," he boasted, the smirk that lilted his tone appearing on his lips as the camera turned to him, the smug expression on his face as my green eyes narrowed.

"Fuck off, will you?" I huffed, pursing my lips as my two mates began laughing, although I couldn't help the smile that kinked at the corners of my lips. "How would you feel if I said I came all the way here just to get away from you lot, huh?"

Louis scoffed loudly, rolling his blue eyes as he made his yeah, right expression. "Please; we're the only ones who'll sit and listen to you complain about being fuckin' royalty. Who else will you talk to, your majesty?" he rebuked, arching a brow knowingly as he stared right into the camera, a challenging look on his face.

Niall snickered before I could respond, saying to me, "Lou's got you there, mate. You're stuck with us, even on the other side of the world."

Really, that was probably the most comforting thing in the world.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452K 13.4K 81
The head and the heart, an exhausted rivalry of human psychology. When forced with a choice between logic and emotion, a person is sure to crumble be...
207K 3.7K 58
"I love you with all your baggage." - - Your typical best friends falling in love story but with a twist. - - book 1/2 some mature content
24.4K 490 20
"Look lanky boy, I'm not going to fall for your fuck boy tricks that you used on the cereal box this morning" I say staring deeply into his eyes "Oh...
1.5M 49.1K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...