Dangerous Vibes - Book I of t...

By Pink_Candy

THIS STORY WAS A WATTY AWARDS 2012 FINALIST FOR VAMPIRE UNDISCOVERED GEMS - 2ND PLACE. Miranda's average life... More

Story Description
Chapter 1 - Anxious
Chapter 2 - Awkward
Chapter 3 - Happy
Chapter 4 - Butterflies
Chapter 5 - Shock
Chapter 6 - Lust
Chapter 7 - Content
Chapter 8 - Jealous
Chapter 9 - Unsure
Chapter 10 - Reckless
Chapter 11 - Overwhelmed
Chapter 12 - Guilt
Chapter 13 - Desperation
Chapter 14 - Disbelief
Chapter 15 - Confused
Chapter 16 - Distracted
Chapter 17 - Realisation
Chapter 18 - Impulsive
Chapter 19 - Astonished
Chapter 20 - Fear
Chapter 21 - Danger
Chapter 22 - Uncertain
Chapter 23 - Anger
Chapter 24 - Betrayed
Chapter 25 - Defeat
Chapter 26 - Insane
Chapter 27 - Bewildered
Chapter 28 - Brutal
Chapter 29 - Relief
Chapter 30 - Desire
Chapter 32 - Deceived
Chapter 33 - Confronted
Chapter 34 - Doubt
Chapter 35 - Love...?
Chapter 36 - Affection
Chapter 37 - Scared
Chapter 38 - Exhausted
Chapter 39 - Depressed
Chapter 40 - Refreshed
Chapter 41 - Comfortable
Chapter 42 - Surprised
Chapter 43 - Envious
Chapter 44 - Shaken
Chapter 45 - Attraction
Chapter 46 - Temptation
Chapter 47 - Grief
Chapter 48 - Cravings
Chapter 49 - Dread
Chapter 50 - Hatred
Chapter 51 - Dazed
Chapter 52 - Crushed
Chapter 53 - Peaceful
Authors Note

Chapter 31 - Passion

22.1K 291 11
By Pink_Candy

Chapter 31 - Passion

The pain in my head was becoming even more and more intense now as the seconds melted into minutes. Time seemed to have been going by but to me it felt like an eternity. I could have sworn that my head was literally about to explode, and I hadn’t realised it before but I think I was screaming at the top of my lungs. I couldn’t hear a thing though, there was an eerie silence in amongst the blurry chaos that seemed to be happening all around me.

 And then I started to make out some images, in my mind. They began appearing, almost similar to the time when Will had showed me his memories of Sebastian and Annaliese. There was a face, staring right into mine, a face, a blury, vivid face, and it was...it was...Joel. It was Joel in my mind, staring right at me?!

“Miranda. Please, Miranda, listen to me. You need to escape, you need to escape now. You are not safe. Miranda...” His voice was very distant, but I could only just make it out. Was this a dream? A premonition? Or perhaps an invasion?! Was Joel entering my mind?!

“Joel?! What the heck?! Are you entering my mind?! Is this real?! Joel!” I screamed out to him, but he appeared to be fading right into the distance, away from me.

“Yes Miranda, I’ve reached your mind, please listen to me, you need to leave...” He called out, merely just a distant echo now. And then he was gone. And so was the pain. Just like that – it was gone. I snapped my eyes open to check that I hadn’t died.

“Miranda?! Can you hear me?!” Will was frantically shouting right in front of my face, all sound suddenly flooding back in, whilst shaking my shoulders.

“Will, stop! I’m ok now...” I breathlessly shouted back, a little startled by his panic. But that didn’t wipe the concerned look off of his face.

“What the hell just happened Miranda?! Are you sure you’re ok? You’re completely pale and out of breath.” He asked, complete and utter concern written all over his face, and radiating from his tone.

“I...I’m not sure...” I hesitated, unsure of whether to mention Joel, having interrupted an intimate moment between Will and I, when he’d finally admitted how much he cared about me and was finally going to give in. But I needed to tell him; what had just happened to me I guess I’d consider it as a threat. Not only did I have Sebastian after my blood, as well as the possibility of an entire vampire race, I also had Joel, who was desperately trying to kidnap me from the vampires, tyring to win over my heart. I didn’t want to see him though, even though I’m sure that I cared about him, but just not in the same way that I cared about Will.

“Miranda you need to tell me. This could be important, I need to know whether to take you to the hospital or not.” He pleaded with pure seriousness.

“It was...it was a telepathic connection, I’m pretty sure...I-I think it was...Joel. I think he’d gotten into my mind. He was trying to tell me...something.” I told him, hesitating at the last bit. Joel was trying to warm me, I was pretty sure. Something inside of me, my vibes I was certain, were telling me that I wasn’t in danger right now. I was sure that Joel was just concerned because of his brainwashed opinion on vampires. But then I realised – did this mean that Joel knew where I was? I still needed to keep my defences up, just in case Joel was right and I was in danger. I couldn’t possibly believe that Will would actually intend to hurt me though, but I thought it be best not to mention to him of Joel’s little warning.

“Joel? You’ve got to be kidding me...” Will trailed off, now leaning forward and resting his head in his hands in frustration. His reaction didn’t surprise me in the slightest. “We have enough to worry about, and now this?” He noted, lifting his head up and turning towards me to search my face. “Are you sure it wasn’t just, you know, your mind trying to tell you something...” Will timidly asked, almost...hurt? Was he worried that all I was thinking about when we were about to kiss, was Joel?! I hoped not...

“Will he is the last thing that is on my mind right now. I still have no idea what he just did. I don’t know how he did it but it freaking hurt. And I know it wasn’t a dream, I don’t know how but I just know, a hundred percent. It almost feels like, like, my ‘powers’ are getting stronger. Like I’m not doubting things now, I just know them.” I told him, desperately trying to convince myself.

Will was searching my face now, studying my eyes so intently, that he caused the butterflies in my stomach to spark up, and make me feel a slight bit self conscious. But the way he was looking into my eyes was...odd?

“Miranda, your eyes...they look...different.” He huskily whispered, causing my heart to race. Even after such a distressful situation, he still had an intense effect on me.

“W-what do you mean?” I pleaded, jumping up off of the bed and racing straight to the nearest mirror above his dressing table on the far wall. As I approached it, I closely studied my eyes. Oh...my god. They were different. They weren’t just completely striking aqua blue now – they now emitted those dark orange flecks which I had noticed a few weeks back in the mirror at Will’s cabin. But they were much more prominent than before. What on earth did it mean?!

“Will what is this? Do you know what this means?” I asked him, turning to face him there on the bed, when I was completely startled that he was now standing right in front of me. I practically had almost bumped my head right into his rock hard chest. He brought his hands up to lean them on the dressing table behind me, to either side of me, cornering me there. I’d virtually lost count of how many times Will had now cornered me to something, it seemed to be a habit of his. I can’t say that I didn’t mind his proximity though, it did something to me; it always caused my heart to race, my palms to sweat, and the butterflies in my stomach to flutter. I enjoyed his alluring proximity, and I now wasn’t afraid to admit it to myself.

He was studying my eyes, so intently, that it had made me nervous. Yet I couldn’t look away, I couldn’t break his seductive gaze. “I think it’s got to do with your powers. From what I know about witches, their eye colour represents the element they control. Yours was purely aqua blue before, meaning that you purely were to control water. But now it looks like the colour of fire mixing into the aqua. I think your powers are much stronger than you thought Miranda, and they’re only growing.” He answered me, still staring into my eyes.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, caused by his assumption, and the tension that was forming between the two of us. It wasn’t a frustrated tension though, I’m pretty sure that it was a sexual one. Will was looking in between my eyes and my lips now, and I had a gut feeling about what he was likely to be thinking. I was sure that I was thinking the exact same thing. My mind was so clouded over with images of Will that I couldn’t even think straight. I couldn’t even bother to think about what had just happened five minutes ago, when my mind had been invaded. Or about how my freaking eye colour was changing. All I could think about was Will.

He had now advanced towards my face, his lips literally only cm’s from mine. He’d tilted his head, and his eyes were now solely locked onto my lips. I could see just how dilated they were now too, almost completely black. I gently wrapped my arms around his neck and drew his body in even closer to me, our chests now pressed together. His cool breath was caressing my cheek, and his lips were only mm’s from mine. He continued to advance on me, and before I knew it, I felt like something inside of me had exploded.

His soft, cool, comforting lips had finally, ultimately, inevitably captured my own, and so gently that the explosion that I now recognised as the butterflies in my stomach, had completely erupted, and I felt a spark of electricity run all the way through my body. This reaction was something that I’d never felt with anybody before in my entire life. The lust I felt towards Will was indescribable, it was so incredible that I had felt like I could never get enough.

His lips ever so gently moved against mine, before he slightly pulled away, taking me completely by surprise. I just wanted to plunge back in and kiss him passionately, and it had stunned me that he was controlling himself so vastly. But then what had happened next had happened so fast that I was completely disorientated. He’d swept me up into his arms, and I was suddenly laying on his bed, and he was now hovering over me. I couldn’t take it any longer, so I grabbed him by the neck and pulled him into me.

His lips crashed down onto mine, and yet again I felt another explosion. He passionately massaged his lips against mine, and forcefully moved his tongue into my mouth, which I happily let in. I just felt like I couldn’t get enough of him, and I had been waiting for this moment for so long now, for far too long.

I pushed my body up into his, so that I was as close to him as possible, and I could feel him doing the same. Our kiss was becoming so enormously passionate now, and I could feel his hand lingering on my mid thigh, ever so slowly beginning to slide its way upwards. The mere touch of his hand on my bare skin had made me tingle and my heart to feel like it was going to erupt into a million pieces. I brushed my fingers across his toned midriff, and up under his shirt, feeling his muscled abs and chest under my palms. His body was pure heaven.

My very touch had caused him to shiver there under my hands, and he pulled away for just a moment, squeezing his eyes tightly shut, as if in pain. I knew exactly why he had done that; he was restraining himself from losing control with me. It was difficult for him to lust after me, to be so close to me, yet fight back the urges to bite me and have a taste of my blood.

“W-Will, are you ok? Do you think you can, you know, d-do this?” I stuttered, his closeness still having an effect on me. He slowly opened his eyes, which were still deeply consumed by a black dilated pupil, but luckily I could still see the slight sapphire colour in them, somewhat causing relief to wash over me. He looked at me for a moment, before a cheeky smirk started to creep up onto his lips. I couldn’t help but smirk back, as he slowly moved down to hover his mouth over my neck. “I sure as hell will try, you don’t understand how long I’ve wanted this...” He seductively whispered into my ear, his cool breath making the hair on the back of my neck to stand up, and make me shudder.

I trailed my hands up under his shirt once more, absorbing in his amazingly toned body, and he pulled away to pull his shirt up over his head, and throw it to the ground. He plunged back in towards my neck, and started gently kissing it. The electric touch of his lips on the sensitive part of my neck had instantly given me goose bumps, and I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck again and pulling him in even closer to me. His fangs were now out, and I could feel them brushing my skin, teasing and taunting me, causing me to let out some unexpected moans of pleasure. I couldn’t help this reaction that he’d caused me, and it was driving me crazy.

Suddenly, something flashed into my mind, something which completely startled me, causing me to jump. And then I saw it, I saw him, yet again, and an intense shooting pain shot through my brain. “Joel!” I shouted out involuntarily.

Will suddenly lifted his head up to look into my eyes. I opened mine and suddenly the pain was subsided again, and so had the images of Joel, thankfully. Will was staring at me so angrily, and if looks could kill I could have sworn that I’d be dead right now. He looked so frustrated, so irritated, so hurt, so pained, yet could I blame him? Could I possibly be surprised at his reaction? I mean we were practically becoming so worked up with one another that it was likely to lead to more, and there I was screaming out the name of his competition?!

“W-Will, I...” I stuttered out, trying to get the words together to explain what had just happened. His eyes suddenly became consumed with what appeared to be bitterness. He turned his head away from mine, breaking our gaze, and lifted himself up off of me, and flitted out of the room so fast that I didn’t even see him leave. All I saw was the door slam behind him. He didn’t even give me the chance to explain.

My stomach dropped so suddenly, and I felt so incredibly disappointed, that I almost felt like I was going to throw up, or burst into hysterical tears. I exhaled a deep, relieving breath, before sitting up and swinging my legs over the bed. Why did Joel have to do this to me? To invade my mind, to try to tear Will away from me. Was he seriously that powerful? And it had acutely made me question his motives now. It seemed that he would stop at nothing to keep me away from Will, probably so that he could purely have me all to himself.

I slowly dragged myself up off of Will’s bed, knowing that there was a very slim chance that he’d be coming back. I made my way into my room, closing the door behind me, and slumping down onto the bed. I felt so exhausted, so drained, and so discontent. I still had a dull headache, probably from the intensity of the telepathic connection that had occurred earlier, and so I closed my eyes, feeling the need for a sleep, perhaps an attempt to recover from the events of today.

But something was stopping me from falling asleep. I felt a vibe starting to creep up inside of my stomach. This vibe made me anxious, extremely anxious. And then I heard something, something that indicated as to why I was feeling this sudden vibe. It was my phone. My phone was ringing, my phone that I’d completely forgotten about. I looked over to the bedside table and realised that it was sitting there, plugged into the charger. Will or someone must have plugged it in for me.

I walked up to the phone and picked it up, only to see a name flashing on the screen before me, and I then realised why I felt that anxious vibe. The screen had read ‘Grandma.’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 15.2K 75
[Warning: this book contains SEXUAL content, crude language, drug use & abusive scenarios. If you aren't mature enough to read, don't.] First novel...
247K 14.7K 22
Nina Belmonte knows her way around death. As the daughter of skin witches lost in a magical catastrophe when she was just a baby, she grew up used to...
88.8K 2.7K 29
Okay so this is my first book on this account 2 years ago is when I started writting it on here. UNDER MAJOR EDITING!!!! Rebecca/Alice is a werewolf...
45.9K 2K 55
*** Fair warning: This story is an acid trip. It's on steroids 24/7*** *Touch is werewolves' love language* What makes a person weak or powerful? Fe...