dragons » d.m [1]

بواسطة -unburnt

[ draco malfoy x reader ] ❝ when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. there is no middle ground... المزيد

dragons
prologue
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
epilogue
aclarations

xvi

9.4K 378 42
بواسطة -unburnt

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
D A N C E

"MISS, IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP."

(Y/n) lazily groaned and slowly opened her eye. A small smile formed on her lips when a small elf stood on its tiptoes, struggling to see her. Her hand moved to pet his head, but his ears lowered and his eyes closed, expecting pain.

"Hey... It's okay..." She cooed, patting his head softly and making him smile. "Good morning."

"Good morning," he smiled. "The Malfoys will be in the dining room shortly for breakfast," he informed her and left.

She took a pleasant bath and got dressed, choosing one of the countless dresses Rita had provided her. (Y/n) went downstairs to the dining room; no one was there yet, only some elves bringing some freshly cooked food. The girl helped them bring the rest, as she chatted with them, waiting for the Malfoys.

"Good morning, beautiful," Draco's cold voice greeted her.

She suddenly stood from the floor and dusted herself off, making the elves run away back to the kitchen.

"Good morning, Draco; Lord- Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy," she smiled warmly as she approached them.

As they sat down, (Y/n) listened to the family's interaction, not wanting to interrupt.

"(Y/n), do you have your gown for tonight's ball?" Malfoy asked, startling her slightly.

"I brought one, but I do not know if it would be suitable," she replied, not looking at him.

They finished eating and Narcissa insisted on Draco taking her out for a walk outside, since they didn't have the chance yesterday, so there they were now: walking like a couple.

"Do we really have to?" she asked, flinching at his cold hand against hers.

"Yes, my parents are staring at us," he rolled his eyes as he pulled her closer to him.

They stopped walking, the maze seemed like a fairytale where she didn't mind getting lost in. Flowers of all colours grew in the dark green bushes, making it look like an oil painting in real life.

Malfoy carefully traced her face with his finger and gently rested his palm on her cheek. She couldn't help but stare at his stormy eyes. Her hands rested on his chest, and he slowly leaned forward with his eyes closed, calming the storm.

(Y/n) wanted to slap him for what he did to her yesterday, but she buried her anger deep inside her.

Before their lips met, she noticed Mr. And Mrs. Malfoy in the balcony; Lucius was reading a book while Narcissa was painting a watercolour landscape... They weren't paying attention to them at all.

'Really, Malfoy?'

She slightly turned her head, so Malfoy's lips touched the edge of hers.

Malfoy proceeded to grab her hand again and they continued strolling around, until they finally got to the core of the labyrinth.

The Sun kissed the scenery, as the fountain danced in harmony with the soft breeze. The white roses contrasted sharply with the dark bushes, making it look like a starry night.

"Not to be rude, Targaryen, but do you know how to dance?" He asked smugly.

"Yes... Maybe- No," she replied embarrassed.

He snickered and placed his hand on her waist; then he took her hand and placed it on his shoulder. He started moving, so she imitated him; their bodies together, becoming only one. The music played in her mind, a soft tune played by a string quartet echoing in the depths of her thoughts.

"We should get going," he suddenly let go of her. "You'll be fine."

The magical moment shattered, making her frown; She stayed quiet, but inside her there was an untamed feeling that wanted to keep going infinitely.

(Y/n) quickly combed her silver hair, hurting herself more than ever. The ball was about to commence and she was still preparing. She groaned in despair as Hermione wasn't there to braid her hair. After sliding herself into an elegant black dress, adorned by crimson crystals, she sprayed herself with the perfumes resting on the table.

She gracefully walked downstairs, careful not to trip over her shoes. The main hall was quiet, just as she expected; since it would only be a small ball between the family. Pushing the double doors to the main hall, her smile suddenly disappeared.

"Ah! There she is!"A voice exclaimed.

She stood there shocked. Hundreds of people gathered in the room and they all stopped to look at the Targaryen. One by one they all started clapping at her entrance; She stepped forward to the middle and took Malfoy's hand that was reaching out for hers.

An orchestra started playing a waltz, the crowd stepping backwards to leave them space; they were the main dance and Malfoy didn't even warn her. He grabbed her waist as she placed her hand on his shoulder. Her movements were stiff, making it hard for them to follow the tempo.

"You're ruining it!" He hissed, staring down at her.

That distracted her, making her step on him and trip backwards as a gasp escaped herr mouth; luckily, he caught her and spun her around, earning a soft applause from the crowd.

"If you told me we would perform the opening, I would have practiced more!" she whispered, tripping again, yet once again he prevented her from falling.

"Just listen," he said, connecting our foreheads.

"Listen to what?" she asked, clearly inexperienced about the whole thing.

"The tempo. Triple time. Try to match your movements with it," he explained.

She frowned confused, not knowing what he was referring to. As always, she just closed her eys and trusted her instincts.

The music intensified, making her and Malfoy move passionately as the violins and flutes played in unison, creating trills that harmonised with the orchestra.

"You truly are a Targaryen, (Y/n)..." she heard Malfoy whisper, yet she couldn't see his face since her eyes were closed, feeling the music.

"What do you mean?" she hummed.

They moved across the dance floor, since not enough space was able to serve them.

"A Dance with Dragons," he whispered. She could hear agony overtaking him.

"Oh, very funny. Draco: Dragons. Makes sense," she sarcastically replied.

"I wish it was as simple as that."

(Y/n) slightly opened her eye. He was closing them aswell. A sad expression covered his face, making her want to help him feel better. She wanted to ask him questions, yet she knew he wouldn't tell her the answers. She pushed all those thoughts aside and enjoyed the moment that soon will end.

The piece ended with a perfect cadence, making the public cheer and whistle. Her eyes remained closed as she savoured the feeling of closeness between me and him; intertwining their souls as one.

Suddenly, she felt a soft sensation on her lips, a soft graze of a feather, sweet as honey, yet cold like a blizzard.

Malfoy had kissed her.

"Mother and father are watching," he smirked.

She looked around to see if it was true, and once again, they weren't; they were talking to their clients.

Embarrassed, she glanced at the floor. She turned around and blended in with the crowd, touching her flushed cheeks because she couldn't believe that happened.

"(Y/n), wait!" Malfoy called.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

7.8K 130 40
𝐘/𝐧 𝐂𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐩...
131K 2.3K 49
[ draco malfoy x hermione granger ] 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞...
26.7K 980 32
𝗪𝗮𝗿 𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗲𝘅-𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗘𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿, 𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗼 𝗠𝗮𝗹𝗳𝗼𝘆 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗽𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆, 𝟯𝟬𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝘂𝗴�...
3M 56.8K 37
Draco Malfoy is typing..... [mature content] [15+] [texting/social media au] [highest ranking- #29 malfoy, #1 felton,#24 dracomalfoy,#177 hogwarts,#1...