xxii

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
R E M I N I S C I N G

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━R E M I N I S C I N G

SHE IGNORED HIM. INSTEAD, she stayed by his side and watched how the Sun slowly drifted in the horizon, until many footsteps were heard outside the library. Scattering to stand up, she rushed to the library's door.

"Help!" She yelled, banging the door, "We're in here!"

A cold voice like the wind's early blow in the morning made the doors open. There stood Snape, with Dumbledore and McGonagall. They looked at them as though they were defenceless pups left to die.

"Take them to the hospital wing," commanded Dumbledore.

Not long after, they were transferred. It was full and busy, since many people were injured from the great fire; she felt fine whatsoever, no pain, no burns... All she needed was a quick shower and decent clothes, since her dress was now tattered. She only agreed to go to the hospital wing since Dumbledore wouldn't have taken 'no' as an answer and wanted to be close to Draco.

She heard the curtains next to her slide. Turning her head, she saw two familiar gingers smirking at her. They had both bandages around their arms but their mischievous smiles were still present on their faces, making the girl feel bad they had to suffer such consequences.

"So Dragon Girl..." Started Fred.

"How was Malfoy?" Finished Geroge, raising his brows.

"–and Cedric!"

"What..?"

"It's not a surprise (Y/n) can tame dragons," shrugged Fred, making themselves laugh.

"Why him? Why not Cedric?"

"–or me?" George added.

Her cheeks flushed, thanking the ashes covering her face since it made the blush less noticeable.

"Who said me and Malfoy are a thing? We are not," she rolled her eyes, yet inside her she felt a tingling sensation when she remembered how he kissed her and his honest confession.

As these twins kept joking about her nonexistent relationship with Draco, she noticed someone staring at her from the other side of the room. Standing up quickly, she made her way towards the end, where she found a student completely covered in bandages; the only feature that was visible were those drop-like onyx eyes that burned into her soul.

"You..." she whispered, "you did this..."

The body moved slightly. His breaths were muffled, as he was wrapped up like a mummy. He said nothing, instead, the bandages moved as a vile smile appeared under it.

She was ready to strangle him. Kill him in that moment, for ruining a special night, putting the lives of others in danger and destroying the only evidence she had to prove she wasn't mad. She hastily took the pillow next to the empty bed. As she got closer to take his life, his smirk grew larger an larger, as if he weren't afraid of death.