xxiii

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
F L Y

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━F L Y

IT ENDED. HER PURPOSE FOR STAYING THERE WAS OVER. Her cryptic past had been resolved, she had the answers she needed, the only thing left to do was act. She'd have been watching everyone from the sidelines, thinking how'd they react if she disappeared. She'd been more distant, avoiding her friends, since once she was gone, she'd be more damaged that them.

Draco wanted to talk to her, yet he was another obstacle she needed to avoid. He was the most valuable life she'd ever been with, and staying close to him would be painful at the end. He had kissed her, sparkling a bond between them. Maybe, once everything was over, she thought about them being a couple. Once everything was settled, maybe they would live happily ever after like they sang in the songs.

She sat in Potions, next to Goyle, who was secretly eating Chocolate Frogs. They shared the lesson with the Gryffindors. Potions, the first lesson she had in the beginning and last she'll ever have.

"... Big trouble."

She looked up confused, clearly she hadn't been paying attention.

"Pardon?" She asked, meekly.

"I cannot believe I have to repeat myself, Ms. Targaryen. Gather your things and get out of my lesson," he muttered, anger reflecting out of his eyes.

The class was silent. No one dared say a word. She felt everyone's eyes on her, and she was bewildered by the way he talked to her; with her mouth open in shock, she sat still on my chair. She could hear Goyle drop the chocolate on the floor.

"Now!" He bellowed.

She slowly stood up, took her book and wand. Snape watched the girl leave, and before she could reach the door, a voice made me stop.

"Professor Snape," called Draco, getting his attention. "(Y/n) was seated next to Goyle, who had been eating all lesson," he shrugged coolly. "It's not her fault if she doesn't understand the question. We're supposed to work with our partners, after all." He explained, trying to appease him, yet he failed.

Snape looked down on him, and then turned around to face (Y/n).

"Perhaps you could join Ms. Targaryen, if you're concerned about her education," coldly pointing a finger towards the door.

Before he could reach her, she started to walk away, not wanting to talk to him.

"Hey, wait!" He hissed, grabbing her arm.