viii

CHAPTER EIGHT
━━━━━━━━━━━━━
T A R G A R Y E N

WHISPERS FILLED THE HALL, AS SHE HEARD EVERYONE asking who that was

WHISPERS FILLED THE HALL, AS SHE HEARD EVERYONE asking who that was. Fingers were pointed, insinuations were made, making Dumbledore impatient. Her heartbeat started to increase.

"(Y/n) Targaryen!" Dumbledore repeated, this time louder and clearer.

This was bad.

"(Y/n) Targaryen!" His voice sounded like a typhoon in a peaceful field, making everyone go silent. No one dared to move nor talk, they just stared at their suspect.

She rose from her seat, getting everyone's attention. She held her head up high and firmly walked towards the champions. Some people were frowning in confusion, others mad, thinking that she cheated, as they observed her walk to the front. McGonagall gave her a shocked expression, feeling sorry for her; Dumbledore was puzzled and Hagrid gave her a small smile, encouraging her.

She felt irrelevant against her older and much taller opponents. Dumbledore cleared his throat and spoke up, "Here we have our champions for this year's Triwizard Tournament!"

The crowd clapped as Cedric intertwined her hand with his and the other champions, raising them and bowing afterwards. Her gaze remained neutral as she watch the crowd cheer for them.

"(Y/n)!"

She turned her head, her name being said sounded foreign to her, as she was used being called 'Girl' or 'No-Name' by the twins.

Dumbledore and the other adults came down the stairs with dumbfounded expressions. Madame Maxime and Igor started insinuating she put her name inside the Goblet.

"(Y/n), did you put your name in the Goblet of Fire?" Dumbledore asked calmly as he approached her.

She looked at him beyond shocked.

"Professor Dumbledore! How could you say that- Did I not I tell you everything?" She asked upset he thought she could've done such thing. "I told you about my past, yet you think I knew my name all this time?"

McGonagall put a hand on her shoulder.

"The girl is right, Dumbledore. She barely knows any magic... She wouldn't have been able to do such thing..." Moody backed her up.

"La bonté... Pure lies... Monsieur Dumbledore, how could you belive this foreign girl..." Madame Maxime dramatically said, placing a hand on her forehead as if she was going to faint, making Hagrid attend her immediately.

Igor sneered, raising his brow as he scanned her from head to toe.

Dumbledore exhaled, as he saw her upset state. He extended his arms and embraced her in a fatherly hug.

"(Y/n) Targaryen... Participating in this competition will help you regain more memories about your past. The Goblet chose you for a reason," he explanied, looking at her in the eye. "You already know you are. Now you will need to find out who you were."

She nodded. She didn't know what was happening anymore. Her death contract was already signed.

The adults left them to celebrate the small special feast for the champions. They sat down and started eating.

"Aren't you nervous, little (Y/n)?" Teased Cedric, smirking at her.

'No, I'm terrified.'

"I am, yes. It could be worse," her three opponents looked down at her, as if they were going to eat her alive. They had a massive advantage since they were physically and mentally prepared for what's to come- and her, she didn't even sign up for this.

After the feast was finished, she decided to go back to Hagrid's hut. Once again she saw the Goblet shining in the same room, and she had no choice but to approach it.

She let her finger come in contact with the flame as she inched her face closer to it.

"Why me?" she asked, observing her unburnt finger.

She heard footsteps approaching her, making her retrieve her finger from the flames. She turned around to face Malfoy. She groaned and started to walk away. This time, he took her arm, preventing her to leave the room.

"(Y/n)..." Her name escaped from his thin lips, cold like a blizzard, making me shiver.

"Draco..." she said back, making him smirk.

"That was quite a show. Very entertaining indeed."

"You can leave if you're just here to torment me, Malfoy. Now it's not the right time for me to hear your silly comments," she hissed, making him smirk as he raised his hands, defeated.

"Why else would I be here, Targaryen?" He paced around her. "I don't know why they placed you in Gryffindor, you have quite a mouth right there."

She sighed annoyed. "Well, the only reason I'm in Gryffindor is because lady McGonagall gave me this red uniform," she shrugged, staring back again into the flames.

"Lady? Wait..." He stopped moving, "You haven't been sorted?" He asked, surprised.

She stayed quiet, avoiding his piercing glare by looking at the fire before her.

"You're not from here, are you..?" He asked, raising his brow and wiping his smirk off his face.

"How am I-?"

"You better not be a mudblood, Targaryen. If there's one thing I hate the most, they're mudbloods... And if you're one you better leave the way you came."

She frowned. He was the one that came to visit her, now he was making her leave if she was a 'mudblood'.

"Why are you here, Malfoy?" she asked furious, clenching her fists.

"I wanted to ask how you cheated," he said, regaining his composure back as he straightened his emerald tie.

"What makes you think I cheated?" she raised her voice.

"I saw you doing something suspicious the other night... So I thought you might be back today..."

"I wasn't doing anything suspicious, you just have a suspicious mind."

"Tell me, Targaryen. What other types of Dark Magic do you know?"

His grey eyes battled against her lilac ones, as if he was trying to read her mind. She frowned and gently pushed him away. She wasn't liking the way he was making her feel again.

"You and the people here are the maegi," she spat, her eyes indicating a small hint of hate and demise, "you should ask yourselves that."

And this time, she walked away from him.