Not The Same || Jai Brooks

By aestheticmichaeI

The up and down relationship between two teen parents. More

bruh
1. New Beginnings
2. Let It Sink In
3. Promise?
4. I Guess Not
5. Family?
6. Second Chances
7. Let's Go To The Beach
8. Mine Again
9. Plot Twist
10. Numb
11. Guess Who's Back
12. Risen
13. Party Or Nah
14. Suprise!
Not An Update!!!
15. Whataya Say?
16. Missing You
17. Tour
18. Trust You? Of Course.......Not
19. Done
21. Kurt Cobain
22. Closer
6k Reads o': *Not An Update*
23. Taking Risks
24. No Regrets
25. Breath Out, So I Can Breath You In [Ending Chapter]
Hii xx
THE SEQUEL IS UP YO
character ask?

20. Back On Track

1.7K 38 2
By aestheticmichaeI

One Week Later

I was driving to pick up the kids from Jai's house when my phone rang. I didn't look to see who it was, but I answered it and put it on Bluetooth.

"Hello?" I said.

"What are you doing? I want to hang out." Lukes voice rang through the speakers.

"What do you want?" I chuckled. He obviously wanted something, he wouldn't just ask me to hang out because he was "bored" or whatever.

He laughed before he spoke. "Well, I need you to bring, Beau, James, Daniel and I some food. We don't have a car because my car is in the shop right now."

"Why don't you ask your brother?"

"I did, and he's busy." he said.

What in the world could he be busy with? He doesn't have the kids tonight.. Whatever, it's not my business.

"Fine." I sighed, "After I pick up the twins I'll be over to collect your money cause I'm not paying for this shit." I laughed.

"Awesome!!! Thank you so much!" he said before hanging up.

I shook my head and chuckled, as I pulled in the driveway of what used to be my house as well.

It's crazy how much things have changed in just a week. *sigh* I got out of the car, walked to the door and knocked.

I didn't hear anyone as I waited for about a minute so I just walked in to only hear the muffled sound of a TV from afar.

I wandered back to Jai's room and saw him standing there, hiding his hands behind his back, grinning like a crazy person.

I laughed nervously, "Uhm, what are you doing?"

He smiled and walked closer to me. He pulled his hands from behind him and he was holding a rolled up poster board.

"I wanted to say sorry." he said, as I unrolled the poster.

I looked at the various photos he had glued to this piece of poster paper. I smiled really wide as I scanned over all of them.

This one picture stood out the most, I looked closer to see that it was only from one week ago. That night. I didn't even know this picture was even snapped.

I was sitting next to Jai, talking to Beau while Jai was smiling at me. You can practically see the love oozing out of his facial features. The way his eyes sparkled and lit up when he looked at me was unreal.

I could feel a lump in my throat, so I swallowed it and tried to blink rapidly so tears wouldn't fall.

I looked at some other pictures from when we were younger like, at school doing the normal 15 year old hugging thing that teenagers do, but I saw a picture that almost made my heart jump out of my chest. We were at a park and I was swinging while Jai was sitting on the swing next to me.

That was one of the best days of my life. I was just so happy with him that I will never forget it. He sang to me for the first time that day, at that park, on those swings. That was the first day he told me that he loved me and I said it back. That was the beginning of our future and I never wanted to let that memory go.

Underneath all of the photos was a note, it read:

Andrea,

I know I messed up badly, but I can't picture my life without you again.. EVER. You are the only girl I want- need. You have helped me through rough times, and you didn't even know it. Just talking to you makes me forget about anything bad that has ever happened to me.

You get me, and that's why I love you. I love the way your eyes squint, and your tongue barely sticks out, behind your teeth whenever you laugh too hard. I love the way you are so amused by the littlest things, like a squirrel on a fence. I love the way you swing your feet when you're sitting at a table because they can't reach the ground. I love the way you don't care about what anyone thinks of you. I love how bad-ass you are, haha. I love that you are a great mom, I couldn't ask for a better mother for my children. But most of all, I love the way you are you.

-Jai

I knew I couldn't stay mad at him, even though it's going to be hard for me to trust him fully again. In that moment, I just wanted to hug him and tell him I forgive him and act like nothing happened, but I know that's not how it works.

"Jai... I-" I tried to choke out, but I was actually speechless, I felt a tear fall down my cheek and I flung myself into his arms.

"I'm sorry baby. I really am.. I don't know what I was thinking, I was drunk and I-" he started, but I cut him off by placing my lips on his.

"Shh, I don't care..." I whispered, "I love you Jai."

"I love you too Andrea." he said, rubbing the back of his hand on my cheek.

Tears kept streaming down my cheek as he held me in his arms. I was away from him for a week and I already missed this so badly.

After a long moment of hugging a thought passed through my mind, "Uh, Jai?" I asked and he said 'hm'. "Where are the kids?" I laughed a little.

He chuckled and pulled away, "They're at mums." he simply replied.

"As much as I would like to hug you forever, I have things to do, so I should probably go." I smiled.

His smile dropped and he started pouting. "So where does this leave us? What's going to happen?" he asked. 

"We'll talk about it when I come back." I kissed him softly and left to Lukes.

*

When I walked through the door I got bombarded by boys rushing in to tell me that I took forever.

"Someone looks awfully happy.." Luke squinted his eyes.

"I know something you don't knowwww." Daniel sang.

I furrowed my eyebrows, but he spoke again. "Drea and Jai got back together." he smiled and everyone erupted with loud yells.

"Woah woah woah. Calm down guys, we didn't get back together officially.. We still have things we need to discuss." I stated sternly, "We are just...- I don't know. It's complicated." I smiled.

"You two are ridiculous." Beau scoffed. "You guys obviously love the shit out of each other, you already have two kids together.. You are going to be together. It's inevitable" he shrugged.

_

After about 20 minutes of the boys trying to decide what they wanted, I finally got fed up and spoke;

"Can you just make up your minds dammit!?" I laughed at how indecisive they are. "It's Maccas for crying out loud, this should be easy." 

They finally told me what they wanted and I left with James, while the kids stayed with the boys.

 The ride was quiet for a few minutes, but James spoke up. "So, whats up with you and Jai?" he asked.

I was asking myself the same thing... The whole situation with Jai is confusing and it's an emotional roller-coaster that I'm willing to deal with.

"Um... I'm not really sure.." I laughed.

He chuckled, "Yeah, sorry.. I'm not trying to pry into your life, but I just don't think that you guys should let a great relationship go to waste because of a mistake that he made."

"But the thing is, he didn't make one small mistake.. He made several mistakes that are pretty major." I replied, a little on edge.

"Yeah... Sorry again.." he said, and focused his attention out of the window.

"I think I'm going to forgive him fully though." I replied after a few moments of silence.

"That would be your best bet" he smiled.

"Yeah... I have a right to be pissed at him because he cheated on me recently, and he lied, but it's not like I haven't been keeping things from him.." I sighed, "Of course my secrets aren't that huge.. but it still makes me feel bad that I'm lying."

"I think that you should... You two are great together, and no matter what, y'all will always be around each other because that's just the way it should be.. Jai and Andrea." he smiled.

"You're awesome, James... but it would be Andrea and Jai" I joked with him.

He laughed slightly, "What are you lying about though?" he finally asked.

I pulled into the Maccas parking lot, and we just stayed there. "Well, whenever I moved off, I found a boyfriend.. He was always with the twins, taking care of them, and Daniel even called him dad once." I shuddered at the thought. "Ugh, anyways, let's just say our relationship wasn't the healthiest... We bickered ALL the time, and one day I came back from work to find Kellie and him hooking up..." I looked out of the window.

"That's why you got so upset about her and Jai?" he asked.

I nodded, "When I found out about Jai and her, I felt the same way I did that day. Heartbroken, pissed, sad, betrayed, stupid.... But it's bound to happen to me." I shrugged. "No matter how hard I try to be good to everyone, I am always the one who ends up hurt." I swallowed the lump in my throat, and spoke again before he could say anything. "Alright, let's go." I said and jumped out of the car.

****

After dropping off their food, Luke protested that the kids stayed with him tonight, so I finally gave in and Gina planned on dropping them off. Even though I wanted them home with me, because I was getting lonely without em. Well, Ryan is there, but he is busy with getting prepared for Uni, so he is always tense, and closed off.

I was currently driving to Jai's house dreading to speak to him about where we stood. As much as I wanted everything to work out completely, I know that's not how it's going to happen.

I pulled into his driveway and prepared for the worst.

As I stepped out, I spoke to myself, Here we go.

________

I could have kept this chapter going for ages, but I decided to cut it short.

Oh, and thank you for reading this and voting or commenting. It really makes my day! :) x

Much love :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
735K 27.1K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1M 64.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...