The Chronicles of Two Broken...

By OverExposed91

What happens when a lonley girl meets Robert Downey Jr.? Will she finally find the happiness she deserves? Wi... More

Chapter 1 I've seen your face a dozen times...
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 [part1]
Chapter 20 [part 2] The End

Chapter 8

1K 35 10
By OverExposed91

*I'm Iron Man and I want my Iron Woman to pick up her phone* I heard over and over again. It turns out  that my phone was actually ringing. Robert must of recorded this while I was in the bathroom taking a shower  the morning he had to leave. How sweet of him. I looked at my watch and it was 8 a.m.

I stumbled out of the bed and answered the phone.

"Hey buttercup! How are you?!? " I hear this deep voice coming from the other side of the phone, but also from the other side of my bedroom door. 

I just shook it off because I knew Robert is gone and I was just hallucinating.

"Hey there Tin Man! How are you? Did you have a good flight honey?" I tried to sound as awake as I could.

"Honey I woke you up. I am so sorry" as he said that I was sobbing holding the sweater that he left me.

"You didn't baby! I was just taking a quick nap!"

"Are you crying Jo?!? Come on baby don't cry." I felt two arms caressing my shoulders and a pair of lips planted firmly on top of my head. Because I had my eyes closed I thought it was just my imagination playing pranks on me.

"I miss you so much Robert. You don't even know how much" I said in the phone. 

Two hands grabbed my cheeks and soon enough I got kissed in the most tender way possible. I opened my eyes and there he was. My Robert was in my bedroom with puffy red eyes.

I closed the connection on the phone and just stared at him. For 10 minutes that's all I did.

"Robert what are you doing here?!? I left you at the airport. What happened?!?" I asked worried.

"I just couldn't take it Jo. I couldn't just leave you all alone. Please hear me out. I talked with Hannah, my agent and she told me that filming is cancelled until next week. I still can't leave next week knowing I will leave you all alone. I want you there with me honey"

"Robert I know but I just can't leave my whole life behind. I have a job. Then there is my mom and my fathers grave. I can't just pack myself and go. " I said sniffing.

" Honey, Hannah told me that she can find a job for you there as a publicist or even as a journalist. I have some connections and because I don't want to hurt your pride you can take the exams in order for you to get the job on your own. I know you are a very smart and strong young lady. As for your mom and your fathers grave. We will work something out. We'll come over here whenever  you feel like it. Just think about it please"  a pleading Robert was now looking me in the eyes. 

"I.....I need to think about it. I can't just say yes"

"Let's just rest for now Jo"

With that he pulled me up on the bed and held me close. We fell asleep instantly. He was as tired as I was.

I woke up around 11 a.m. Being my day off, I had time to think about Roberts proposition. I grabbed a pot and started making coffee. * Why the hell am I thinking about this? I've always wanted to move to America and pursue my dream of being a reporter there. Come on Jo* I had a huge battle going on inside of my head.

I hear the door open and a very sleepy yet smiling Robert  showed up. He sat at the table in pure silence and just started sipping from his coffee. As I was looking at him I lit a cigarette and immediately looked out the window. I wanted to say "Yes" so badly but I don't know what's holding me not to.

"I'm sorry I startled you last night. I should have called first." Robert broke the silence.

"It's okay honey. I gave you a key to my place. You are welcome every time you want to come over."

I decided that "Yes" would be the answer but I just wanted some hours to pass by.

"So what do you want to do today love?" he asked in a British accent.

"Well Holmes I want to go and see my dad, you can stay here if you don't want to come with me, but I'd rather have you there. And then I was thinking that you could meet my mother and grandmother" I started rambling like an idiot.

"Ohh that would be lovely baby! Well let me finish my coffee and we'll get going"

An hour later we were standing in front of my fathers grave. My knees gave in almost immediately but Robert caught me. Even after all these years the sadness still got me.

"Hey dad! Here we are again. Never forget that I love you and that I will never forget you. You are the most iconic man in my life and I'll be here even if I might be far away. I'm taking Robert to meet mom. I hope she'll like him. Well anyways we'll get going"

"Not that fast Jo! Hey mister M. I know you hate me because I want to take your daughter far away from here but I love her dearly and I can't stand another second without her. I hope you will be alright with this. I only want to make her happy and get her what she really deserves: happiness and a lot of love.  Bye mister M."

I watched Robert as he was talking to a grave. It made me feel like he wanted him as alive as I wanted my dad to be. He was there for me no matter how crazy it looked like talking to a tomb.

"Come on beautiful let's go meet your mother honey"

I drove to my grandmothers place. The drive was silent but we enjoyed it. We didn't need that many words to make us feel loved or complete.

"Hey mom!!" I said as I hugged her. "How is granny?"

"She's a lot better sweety. Thanks for asking. And who might this man be darling?"

"Ohh stupid me. Mom this is my boyfriend Robert. Robert this is my mother"

Robert extended his hand to shake my mom's hand, but instead she pulled him in a tight embrace.

"Don't you dare shake my hand. My daughter is glowing and she's as happy as she can possibly be. The least I can do is hug the man that makes her feel happy. Come one dear. Let's get you two inside."

"Robert come and meet granny" I said as I took his hand guiding him towards her room

As I entered the room my grandmother literally jumped off  the bed and into my arms.

"Ohhhh my beautiful Jo! I have missed you dear. You have to stop working that much and enjoy.." she suddenly stopped when she met Roberts gaze. 

"What is Iron Man doing in my bedroom darling? You know I'm not dying and I never submitted a wish for "Make a Wish" or something"

Robert couldn't hold his laughter anymore.

"When you said your grandmother was cool I didn't think you meant that cool. Hi ma'am. I am Jo's boyfriend, Robert"

"Boyfriend?!? Wow Jo you've outdone yourself this time darling. Look at him. How handsome he is in real life. Remember when you used to drool..."

"Okay granny that's enough for today" I interrupted her because I knew what she wanted to say. I was practically drooling over Robert every time I was watching one of his movies. Can you blame me for that?

She pulled him in a tight embrace.

"You mister better look after my grand daughter here. I love seeing her smile and you do all of that. The glowing, the happiness. Can't wait to meet my great grand children"

"Granny shut up! Jesus!" I was quite embarrassed now.

"Don't you take that name in the dessert young lady or I'll slap some sense into you with my Bible"

We had launch with them and they were both crazy about Robert. They chatted about random stuff and they all seemed to enjoy their evening. My grand mother couldn't resist the temptation so she was staring at Robert. It was quite a nice day.

"Well we should get going" I said as I got up from the table."But I have one more thing to tell you both before we leave" I inhaled deeply " I am going to leave with Robert next week. I'm moving to America. I hope to get a better job than the one I have here and maybe it will all change for the better" by the time I finished my sentence Robert was staring at me with a look of happiness.

"Ohh darling we are so happy for you. Go! and be good. But I hope we'll have you two for the holidays here. Right Robert?"

"Of course misses M. and granny. We'll be here"

We said our goodbyes and hugged. As we got to the car Robert took the keys from my hand.

"You were serious up there? You're coming to America with me next week?" He asked full of hope.

"Yes! I thought about it and why not. It's not like I have the worlds best job here and I can still visit my family. The one thing I'm not able to be without is you and only you honey." He literally jumped on me and kissed me.

"You don't even know how happy you made me right now. I'll have to call Hannah and tell her. She will freak. She will actually have another woman to talk to and be friends with. She has had enough of my temper"

Robert's P.O.V

My girl is coming with me. I can't believe it. I'm on cloud nine now and I never want to get down from there. I have to call Hannah like right now.

" Hey Hannah!"

"Hey Downey. What's up?!?"

"Well I just wanted to tell you that you have to get talking with the people you said you would talk to  for Jo! SHE IS MOVING IN WITH ME! I can't freaking believe it" I was probably rambling by now.

"Wow slow down there Robert. You are telling me that Jo is coming back with you?!? I will finally meet the girl you have been talking about! Wow. This will be awesome. I will have a new best friend and I won't have to put up with your shit 24/7. Hurray for me."

"Yeah whatever Hannah. So will you talk with them for Jo?!?"

"Of course Downey. Consider it done."

"Thank you. Good Night!"

"Good Morning for me Downey!"

I laughed as she said that. I forgot about the time difference. 

I was to happy to think about that. The woman that I love is coming with me. We'll be together in the same house and I'll get to wake up every morning and see her pretty face.

Jo's P.O.V

Well I have never seen Robert so happy. I'm glad I can make him feel this way.

I can't wait to start a new life with him by my side. I know it will be rough at times because I'm not used to the whole famous lifestyle just yet, but I know for sure that he will be there for me every step of the way.

I can't wait for my new life in America.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 426 29
Millie Hope Taylor. A young 24 year old woman who gets a new job working for the billionaire Robert Downey Junior. Everyday she finds it hard going i...
9.1K 714 36
*Part 2 of the Max Mitchell series* What do you do when things don't go the way you'd hoped? For Max, that question still needs an answer. Her care...
1.4K 59 22
What happens when a bad boy meets a bad girl ? Forget about all the innocent girls that fall for bad boys. In this one, bad boy faces bad girl. But...
25.9K 849 17
Andie Wood isn't new to LA, a typical party girl with a not so typical job as a make-up artist. And when this job involves Robert Downey Jr, she's ec...