The Way We Were (A Jeffrey De...

By Chupacabra94

Veronica or Ronnie, as someone very special once called her, wasn't expecting her life to turn out this way... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 1

3.4K 76 11
By Chupacabra94

This is the first chapter of my new Jeffrey Dean Morgan Story!

This story will be a then and now story. Basically one chapter will be the past and then the other is the present. Eventually the story will be strictly in the "now" with a few flashbacks but for now we will go back and forth.

Please please please tell me what you think after you read this first chapter!

Make sure to check out my other updates on SSL and DB&BA!

Jeffrey's age will be based around what shows he was in. Like SPN was 2005 and Grey's Anatomy was 2006 so you do the math!

Here's the first chapter, Nords! Enjoy!

Reedus kisses for everyone! Xxxxxxxx

--

Then

"Ronnie!" the voice bellowed waking me from my nice slumber. I opened one eye and looked around the room seeing that it was empty. I patted the place beside me feeling that it was empty and cold meaning that he had been up for a little while now.

I sighed and sat up a little trying to gain consciousness, but the bed was so comfortable and warm. The floor in the house creaked slightly and I knew he was coming to the bedroom. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair trying to control the bedhead.

Soon he was leaning against the doorway, his jet black hair was slightly damp, his goatee freshly trimmed. His black washed out jeans were riding low on his hips. His shirt clung to his body in a good way. The grin that was placed across his lips was one that could make me weak in the knees.

"Well, good morning, beautiful," he said. His glasses were perched on his nose and he looked over the top of them at me. Damn, he looked good. I yawned and gave a sleepy smile. "How long have you been up?" I asked him. He shrugged slightly and pushed himself off the door frame.

"Since six," he said while sitting on the bed. I looked over at the clock. It was only 8:30. He was always the early riser between the two of us. I leaned over and grabbed the cup of coffee out of his hand and took a sip before handing it back to him.

He smiled slightly before taking a drink himself. "Why are you up so early?" I asked him. His smile grew. "I have an audition today," he said. I gave him a small smile, but inside I was trying to hold back. I tried to support him in everything he did but this, this was a little extreme.

"I'm gonna be late if I don't get moving," he said while pushing himself off the bed. He handed me his cup of coffee knowing that I was going to finish it. He leaned down and cups my face in his hands. "I love you, Ronnie," he said before giving me a light kiss.

I smiled as he pulled back. "I love you too, Jeffrey," I said as he walked out of the bedroom. I soon heard the front door shut and I knew he was gone. I was hoping that this wasn't going to be another disappointing audition for him. This had been the sixth one this year and he was coming up empty handed.

Jeffrey had had little roles here and there and after having some guest roles in a couple shows he thought it would be a good idea to just pursue nothing but acting. Time and time again he would spend money to drive countless hours and fly countless miles just to come back disappointed.

For some reason, he felt different about this one. He had waited a few months before trying out for more shows. He took some time to focus and just spend some time brushing up on some of his skills before testing them out again. This morning he seemed confident unlike some of the other ones he had done this year.

Luckily this audition was local so he didn't have to drive far and I was hoping that it would go well. We were running out of money and fast. I worked, but it was only part time and it didn't pull in much. Jeffrey had a little left over from the small roles he had done but if he didn't get a new role soon we were going to be in trouble.

I downed the rest of the coffee before getting out of bed. I went to the kitchen and washed out the coffee cup before deciding on a shower. I grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom. I glanced in the mirror for a quick second while I waited on the water to heat up.

I had worn one of Jeffrey's shirts to bed with nothing else but my underwear. That's the way I liked to sleep. I was comfortable that way and I knew Jeffrey wasn't complaining. After taking a quick shower, I changed into some jeans and one of Jeffrey's shirts again.

I grabbed a book I had been reading and curled up on the couch. As far as I knew we didn't have any plans for the day. I needed something to pass the time. I looked at the clock to see that it had been almost two hours since Jeffrey had left. I hoped it was going well for him.

~~

"Babe!.... BABE!" I opened my eyes and looked around the house. The book was laying across my lap and I couldn't even remember what page I had read last now. I didn't remember falling back asleep. "BABE!" I heard Jeffrey call out again. I chuckled slightly.

"In the living room!" I called back as I stood up from the couch and folded the blanket. Suddenly two strong arms were wrapped around me and I was being picked up off the ground. "Jeffrey," I squealed as he sat me on my feet and walked to the kitchen.

He opened the refrigerator and grabbed a couple beers before coming back to me. I looked at the clock to see that it was 11:30. "Jeffrey, what are we doing?" I asked him as he popped the caps on both beers. He handed one to me before taking a drink of his.

I sat mine on the coffee table and popped an eyebrow at him. "We....are celebrating," he said while taking another drink. I smiled. "And what are we celebrating?" I asked him. He grabbed my beer and handed it to me again. He clinked the bottles together.

"To us," he said while taking a drink. I took a drink myself and let the cool liquid warm my body. "Now seriously, what are we celebrating?" I asked again hoping for an answer. He placed his beer on the table and looked me dead in the eye. The grin was still plastered across his face.

"I got the job," he said softly. I felt my eyes become wide as I heard those four words come out of his mouth. "You got the job?" I asked just to make sure I had heard him correctly. His smile grew. "I got the job," he said. I could see the happiness written all over his face.

I squealed and instantly jumped in his arms. He caught me with ease. "You got the job," I whispered as I buried my head in his shoulder. I could feel the smile spreading across my face. Jeffrey's arms were wrapped tight around me as he set me back down gently on the floor.

I pulled back so I could look up at Jeffrey. He had at least a good six inches on me, but I wasn't complaining. I like my men tall. Jeffrey backed us up to the couch and we settled into it. Jeffrey pulled me down against him and our legs tangled together.

His fingers started running through my hair and I instantly relaxed as my head laid on his chest and I could hear his steady heartbeat. "Thank you," Jeffrey whispered breaking the silence between us. I raised up slightly to get a better look at him.

"For what?" I asked him. I ran my hand gently across his cheek feeling the scruff beneath my hand. He leaned into my hand with a soft smile. "For always believing in me," he said. I smiled and ran my hand up and through his hair. "Thank you," I said in return.

I could see the confusion in his eyes. "What are you thanking me for?" he asked me while tightening his arms around me. "For giving me something to believe in," I said. Jeffrey smiled and leaned down pressing a gentle kiss to my lips. I pulled back and rested my head back on his chest.

"I love you, Ronnie," he said. I felt another smile coming across my lips. "I love you too, babe," I said. It fell silent between us for a few minutes before I finally got curious. "So, why don't you tell me about this role?" I asked him. Jeffrey started rubbing small circles on my back.

"It's a main role. I'm playing a father to two boys," he said. "That sounds interesting," I said thinking that it was just some sitcom. He continued rubbing circles on my back completely relaxing me. "That's not the interesting part," he said.

I chuckled. "Then what is?" I asked him. His hand stopped on my lower back. "We hunt down demons and other paranormal things," he said. "Now we're talking. That's definitely a show I could get into," I said. He smiled and started rubbing the circles on my lower back again.

"The funniest part is the guy playing my oldest son is only 10 years younger than me," I had to laugh at that one. "What's it called?" I asked him. "Supernatural," he said. I liked the sounds of it already. It sounded like something that was going to last a while.

"When does it begin filming?" I asked. Jeffrey laughed. "You're just full of questions, aren't you? It doesn't begin for another few months so we have plenty of time to spend together," he said. I felt my eyebrows pull together. "What do you mean we'll have plenty of time to spend together? Where is this show located for shooting?" I asked him.

He sighed. I looked up at him to see he had taken his glasses off and he was pinching the bridge of his nose. "Tell me," I said softly. He placed his glasses down on the coffee table. "It's in Vancouver, and I'm gonna be gone for at least 6 months," he said.

I felt the sadness instantly overwhelm me. The smaller roles he was able to land usually only required him to be gone at most maybe a week. Some of them even filmed in New York where we were living right now. Sometimes he didn't even have to leave.

I knew Vancouver wasn't really that far away. I knew I could always go visit whenever I wanted to and whenever Jeffrey had free time. But something about this felt different. "Babe?" Jeffrey whispered. I looked up at him and his smile instantly fell.

"Oh, babe," he whispered. I didn't notice the few silent tears that had rolled down my cheeks. "It's gonna be alright," he said. I nodded. "I know, I just wasn't expecting you to be gone that long," I said as he wiped away the tears. He pulled me back down to his chest and I snuggled in tight. "It's okay, we'll get through this just like we have everything else."

--

Please please please tell me what you think about this story!

I hope you enjoyed it!

Make sure to check out my other updates on SSL and DB&BA!

Also, lets do another "You Asked, I Answered" Go to the "story" and comment on the latest "chapter" a question you have for me! You have until March 31st to ask!

Comment, vote, fan, follow, add to reading list and definitely spread the word about this story! Reedus kisses for everyone! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86.4K 1.5K 54
pre-apocalypse melanie always felt small and alone in the big city she lived in. moving at a young age forcefully didn't make the situation any easie...
34.3K 721 14
COMPLETED ✅ 17k views?! Thanks so much! :D ❌ "you scared? You sure as hell will be soon, my lovely daughter." ❌ Negan kills, it makes him have a cert...
23.1K 747 23
Mom always told me to be quiet. Dad always told me to focus. When I finally listened the world had already ended. Mom, she's gone. Dad, he's gone. Lo...
1.3K 104 33
6 years after her father died, Natalia Cruz has been apart of a group called 'The Whisperers'. After the many obstacles she had to not only endure bu...