Too Late

By pandora_101

Sophia Lockhart was in love with Tyler Greene. Those two were never seen anywhere without each other. People... More

Chapter 1 - Guess Who's Back?
Chapter 2 - Party?!
Chapter 3 - Unexpected Fallouts
Chapter 4 - Awkward Conversations
Chapter 5 - Don't Touch Me
Chapter 6 - Tyena
Chapter 7 - Who Brought Me In Last Night?
Chapter 9 - Date Night... Goes Wrong
Chapter 10 - Truth Be Told
Chapter 11 - Shock
Chapter 12 - Pathetic
Chapter 13 - He Was A Daddy
Chapter 14 - He Can't Let Her Go
Chapter 15 - I Can Do This
Chapter 16 - Wedding Bells A Ringin'
Chapter 17 - Closure
Chapter 18 - His Mistakes and Her Wants
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 8 - Trying To Move On

9K 234 15
By pandora_101

Chapter 8 - Trying To Move On

I held the heavy tool kit in my right hand, as I dragged it to the neighbours house. I walked up their driveway, my arm getting majorly tired.

"What the hell was even in this? Rocks?" I mumbled to myself.

"No actually, there's tools made out if metal in there. Hence the name 'Tool Kit.'" Tyler spoke out of nowhere causing me to scream out of shock and drop the damned "tool kit."

Just my luck, it ended up falling onto my foot, as I cried out in pain. "Tyler! Get it off!!"

He started to laugh as he walked towards me, picking the tool kit off of my foot with ease. "You're a tool, you made me drop this tool kit." I spoke, glaring at him with tears in my eyes.

He burst out laughing, and then looked at me.

"Whoa! You're crying? I didn't think it hurt that bad." All laughter was vanished from his face, concern filling his eyes.

"Oh, let me drop this 200 pound box of tools on your foot and see if it doesn't hurt." I said sarcastically, and he cracked a smile.

"No ones home, come inside I'll see what happened to your foot." He said and without warning, scooped me up into his arms, bridal style and walked to his house door.

In one hand, he was still holding the tool kit, plus my weight. How did he even manage?

"Yeah you carry me, you're the one who did this to me." I said to him jokingly and he laughed. "Most girls would have been like 'Oh em gee Tyler put me down you're gonna ruin my hair!'" He said in the most girly voice he could muster up.

I burst out laughing. "Sorry I'm not one of your groupies."

"And I'm glad for that," He said and looked into my eyes.

I looked away, and stared at the lock as he twisted it. It opened and he laid the tool kit on the ground. He carried me to the kitchen and set me down on the counter of the island.

He grabbed a first aid kit from the top cupboards, next to all the medicines. He lifted my right foot onto the counter and threw my flip flop off.

He examined my foot and I saw that it was swollen and starting to bruise. I gasped as he smiled.

"Drama queen." He said and my eyebrows lifted.

"I'm hurt!" I exclaimed, and he smiled once again.

"I know. Drama queen." He said and turned around to go to the freezer.

I huffed when he called me a drama queen again and crossed my arms. I was acting like a brat.

He grabbed an ice pack and wrapped it around a towel. He gently laid it down onto my foot.

"It's only a bruise, relax it'll be better in like two days." He told me and I nodded.

"Fine. Thanks for the ice, but don't worry, I'll ice it at home." I said, grabbing the ice pack and handing it back to him.

"Are you sure? Just keep the ice pack." He said to me and I shook my head.

"It's okay, I have lots at home."

I jumped off the counter and winced when I landed on the bruised foot. He stared as me as I waved goodbye.

"Bye Sophia." He said to my back, and I turned around.

"Bye Tyler." I said with a genuine smile.

I turned around and walked out the door and went home. I couldn't help but keep on smiling after saying bye to him.

Gosh I was acting like such a teenager. Who cares if we said bye, that's what normal human beings do. It doesn't matter at all.

He's the one who made me drop the tool kit. Such a mean guy.

But if he was so mean, why did still care if my foot was hurt or not? That doesn't seem mean. That is actually...nice.

My mind was boggled. I didn't know what to think of him. Was he just faking everything or did he actually genuinely mean everything he's doing?

I opened my house door and plopped myself onto the couch. I should have been packing upstairs but I was just too lazy.

I decided to call up Andrew. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, and dialed his digits.

He picked up after a few seconds. "Hello?"

"Andrew! It's me, Sophia!" I said excitedly, glad he picked up.

"Oh hey Sophia, glad you got back to me." He spoke, happily.

"Soo..about that date?" I asked shyly.

"Tomorrow night?" He asked.

"Sure, I'm free." I said with a smile.

"Great. Well then, I'll pick you up at 6?" He asked me.

"Yup, perfect."

"I hope you don't mind, but I was kind of wishing you could come to my dad's business party? As my date? It's conveniently tomorrow and I was guessing it would be.."

"Yes! I'd love to come!" I exclaimed, I really enjoyed parties.

"Great! One problem," he dragged off, chuckling slightly, "Where do you live?"

I laughed, "Two blocks down from the elementary school, first house on the block."

"Okay, sounds good. See you soon, Sophia. Oh, by the way, wearing something very very fancy if you don't mind."

"Okay, I will. Bye Andrew." I said, with a smile.

This was my time to forget Tyler. We had a past, and now it's time for the future. There is no point wishing for us to be more, when we already have.

I've said this millions of times, we have had our time, the chapter in our life is over. Time to move on. But no one will understand how much it hurts.

He was my first love, the first person I have ever felt this way with. It was like he was the only person that could make me happy.

He was my first everything. How could I have forgotten him like he forgot me? But I was kind of glad he had moved on, and became happy with that red haired woman. I just hope he was happy, because that's all I wanted for him.

He deserves the happiness. He deserves to have someone better than me. I wasn't even that pretty. I was insecure, and just scared.

I was scared that he would find someone better. And he did. I guarantee that woman makes him a hundred times more happy that I ever did. But to be completely honest, if I had figured out that he had a girlfriend like a year ago, I'm sure I would be more heartbroken.

My feelings for him had gone down drastically. But now, I think they might be coming back. it's not my fault, I don't want them to be back, but they're coming. They're rising very fast which why it is good that I'm going out with Andrew.

"Honey, are you home?" My mom called out, as I was laying on the couch, foot elevated with ice on top and the remote in my hand.

I turned my body and looked towards the door. "Finally you're home!" I exclaimed. She left yesterday morning and now she's here.

"Me and Rachel went out to the mall." She said, holding up her shopping bags. Oh yeah. My mom was a fashion designer. Of course she would love shopping.

"Ooh what did you buy?" I asked, genuinely interested. I love my moms fashion sense. She truly was a work of art when it came to clothing.

She strolled over to me, dropping her bags on the ground. She casually looked at my foot, then did a double take. "Sophia! What happened to your foot?!" She exclaimed, horrified.

Okay so. It did get worse over the hours. The bruising was basically now blue, black, purple, and red. My foot had swelled up majorly. And it was throbbing like hell.

She lifted the ice pack, and gasped. "Sophia!" She said angrily. "What happened?!"

"I dropped the tool kit on my foot, no big deal." I said and shrugged, giving her a sheepish grin.

"Oh Sophia, when will you grow out of your clumsiness?" She asked rhetorically, and gently set the ice back down on my foot. "I'll take you to the doctor later."

"Anyway," she said, sitting down on the couch. She grabbed the shopping bags and started to pull out random pieces of clothing.

The one that caught my eye was this gorgeous pale pink dress. It was a rounded neckline, with silver gems surrounding the neckline. It was long, up to my feet.

"Mom, this dress is gorgeous!" I said, staring at it in awe.

"It's yours, I knew you would like it. And you might not have anywhere to wear it anytime soon, but it's good to have a nice dress in handy." She told me.

"Actually.. I have a date tomorrow night." I told her, with a small smile.

"Really?!" She squealed. "Oh gosh this is perfect! Do you know where you're going? What is his name?! I want to meet him!" She was so excited, maybe even more excited than me.

"His name is Andrew, we're going to his Dad's business party, and perfect timing, he said to wear something formal!"

She grinned. "Oh honey, you are going to look gorgeous tomorrow! Let's run to the doctor right now and get that foot fixed up!" She got up, holding out her hand to help me up.

I grabbed it, getting the ice as well and walking, rather limping, to the door. I threw on a jacket, and we drove to the nearest doctors.

We sat in the waiting room, my mom flipping through a magazine and me scrolling down Instagram. I heard two people saying their goodbyes, and I realized it was my turn.

I looked up, and made eye contact with Tyler's highschool best friend, Derek Haisely.

"Sophia?" He asked me, shocked. How come everyone was shocked to see me?

"Hey Derek!" I said cheerfully, a smile forming on my lips.

"How have you been?" He asked softly, genuinely interested. Me and Derek had become very close before because of Tyler. Derek was like another of my brothers. Plus he was really good friends with Justin as well, and used to be over almost everyday.
"Good I guess. How about you?" I asked.

"Great. Fantastic actually." He said with a smile. "I thought you left Miami?" He asked confused.

"Only for school." I told him, and he nodded.

"Oh. Well I'm glad your back. Miami sure wasn't the same after you left. After graduation.. Everything changed." He said, and I nodded.

"Yeah. Things changed. Drastically." I told him and he half smiled.

"If only we could go back to the good ol' days." He said, nostalgically. "Well, see you soon. Call me up sometimes. I missed you." He said, and I smiled.

"For sure. Missed you too. Bye." I said with a smile, and wave as he walked away.

Derek also had a highschool sweetheart. Believe it or not, it was Beca. But they had also broken up a little while after I left. No one knew why, not even Beca. She said they were in an argument, and next thing you know they were single. She was still broken about that.

I walked into the Doctors office, as I was being called in. I wish everything could be like it used to be too, Derek.

"Minor bruising, it will be sore for a few days, but thankfully nothing is broken." Dr. Marshalls told me. "Make sure to keep it iced, and it'll be good as new."

I nodded, and thanked her. I limped out of the room. Hopefully tomorrow would be a much better day.

======

HAY GUYS! How are you all doing?! Sorry for the wait!! This chapter was more of a filler so sorry about that :$ I was facing somewhat of a writers block so sorry about that:( anyways I have a question...

What do you guys think of ex-boyfriends and ex-girlfriends still talking? Do you agree with it or no?

Anywaaays have a good day and I hope to post a new chapter soooon!

- pandora_101

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 1.4K 21
Hey guys this story is based on star plus story Mehendi hai rachne wali I always wanted to see raghvi in a different way in the show, but couldn't...
30.5K 1.6K 33
(unedited) They say love is the greatest feeling, but nobody said it came with a lot of hurt and sacrifices. Kendra didn't know that loving a guy l...
12.3K 485 12
A recent divorce, a broken heart, and a potential custody battle. Brinkley is given an ulimatium. Will she do what she has to for her children?