Chapter 2 - Party?!

Chapter 2 - Party ?!

The next time I woke up, it was morning and to say my stomach was growling would be an understatement.

I yawned as I braided my long brown hair. I wasn't too good at braiding so it looked quite sloppy. I shrugged and changed into a black tank top and grey sweats.

I walked down the stairs and plopped onto the island bar stool. "Hey hon, you're awake." She said and I nodded. "Want eggs and bacon?"

"Ew no, you know I hate eggs and bacon." Yeah I was an unusual woman even at the age of 23. "I never understood your hate for eggs and bacon."

"And beans," I added.

She shook her head as I got up and shoved two pieces of bread into the toaster.

"So I'm going apartment hunting tomorrow," I said, buttering my bread.

I realized that I can't be living off my parents for the rest of my life; I had to become more independent and the first step is to move out.

"Oh really? Leaving us already?" My dad joked, walking into the kitchen randomly.

"Uh huh," I said, taking a bite of my bread and enjoying the butteriness. Delicious.

My dad laughed as he sat down in the kitchen table. My mom gave him a plate of eggs, ham, bacon, and of course..BEANS.

The door burst open and I heard a scream of "AUNTIE!"

My 5 year old niece Stephanie screamed and ran to me. Turns out, Justin had knocked up a girl after high school and she had left him with her daughter. She was never to be seen or heard of again.

"Stephanie! Hi sweetie!" I yelled out and he grabbed onto my legs, hugging them.

"Hi AUNTIE!" Stephanie yelled, I smiled and picked her up. "I missed you, auntie" Stephanie said. "I missed you too, honey."

"Daddy said you were in New York, I want to come with you next time." She said and I nodded.

"Don't worry, next time I'll take you with me, promise." I said

"Okay!" She yelled enthusiastically and jumped out of my arms to go say hi to her grandma and grandpa.

"Hey baby sis," Justin said, and gave me a huge hug. "Long time no talk. After you went to college, you just shut me out."

"Trust me; you weren't the only one who I shut out."

I changed into more decent clothes, and went to the beach. I went downtown by bus and started to walk down the warm street in jean shorts and a blue t-shirt. It was way too hot to be wearing jeans.

After Justin and Stephanie had left, I decided to just kill time. I missed Miami, and more importantly, I missed the beach. When I made it to the beach, I stripped and laid down to just tan.

"Excuse me miss, do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?" I heard a deep voice say and I opened my eyes.

This guy who looked to be about 24-26 grinned at me. I smiled and replied back to his pick up line.

"How about you walk away instead of walking by?"

"Ouch," He said, fake clutching his heart. "Okay, how about this one. Can you get me a bandage? Why? Because I scraped my knee falling for you."

I laughed out loud, my horribly embarrassing laugh. "Oh you really are a smooth talker eh? Sorry, but it doesn't work on me."

He sat beside me. "My names Andrew, you are?" He held out his hand to shake.