Chapter 14 - He Can't Let Her Go

Walking away from that room, was making me think I was making a mistake. That he is all I need.

No. No it wasn't a mistake. He can't let what happened go. He chose her over me again. It wasn't his fault the baby died. Sure he could have let her in, but she cheated on him.

I felt like I was being cruel. I exhaled, pushing my hair away from my face. Seeing Andrew's car in the distance gave me some feeling of hope.

Hope that I'll be far away from this fucking city in a matter of minutes. Hope that maybe this separation would give Tyler some time to think about what happened between us.

"Ready to go?" Dakota asked, sitting in shotgun, legs rested on the dashboard.

"You shouldn't do that." I pointed to her legs on the dash. "The airbags are sensitive, they could go off any second with that pressure." I recalled, remembering reading a post like that on twitter.

"Come on Sophia, you never used to worry about this type of stuff." She said, frowning, looking at me through the side view mirror.

"I'm just looking out for you," I shrugged, looking out the window as Andrew pulled out of the apartment parking lot.

The car ride was kind of quiet and awkward. No one spoke after I got in. I could tell they knew that something happened before I left. I was just hurt, Tyler chose another girl over me.

It just frustrates me! He doesn't even know if the kid was his. She was fucking cheating on him before she realized she was pregnant. I threaded my fingers through my hair and pulled.

The things this guy does to me.

"We're going to Justin's house right?" Dakota finally spoke, after minutes of silence.

She played around with the radio, not finding a proper station to keep it on, so she just turned it off.

"Yeah. I haven't seen Steph in a while. I miss her." I told her, and she nodded.

"Me too. Since your welcome back party." Dakota recalled, "That was a fun night." She said with a smile.

That was the night Tyler kissed me for the first time, without me knowing who he was. Pervert. Well..not really, I liked it.

Andrew finally spoke, "Who's Steph?" He asked curiously, taking his eyes off the road for a second.

"She's too young for you." I piped, and he glared at me playfully through the mirror.

Dakota laughed. "She's our niece. Cutest thing alive."

A look of understanding came across his face. "Oh. Justin had a kid?" He said shockingly. "Wow, he didn't seem like the Daddy type."

How did he know Justin? Then it hit me. Of course Andrew knew Justin. They were in the same grade, and they went to the same school. Wow, did I have a bad memory or what?

"Yup. Knocked some whore up after highschool. She gave birth and took off, apparently pregnant with some other guy's kid now." I said bitterly, and Andrew shook his head.

"That's fucked up." He said, taking a left, right into Justin's neighbourhood.

I guess Dakota had told him the directions earlier.

The houses here were really nice, Justin got lucky. He found a job at the bank, and thankfully he was really smart during highschool, so they accepted him with his grades, not needing college.

My cell started to ring, and I looked down to see it was my mom. Probably asking about the wedding.

I picked up. "Where are you? We need you." Shocking it wasn't mom, but it was Tyler's mom.