Magi: A Tale of a New Beginni...

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon con... More

Prologue
Scroll 1: I am Azami
Scroll 2: Amon and the Kou Empire
Scroll 3: Balbadd and the Lady Killer of the Seven Seas
Scroll 4: Fog Troupe
Scroll 5: Judar and Renewed Balbadd
Scroll 6: Sindria
Scroll 7: Stolas' Dungeon
Scroll 8: Dark Djinn and Dunya's Curse
Scroll 9: Three Fragments
Scroll 10: Different Paths and the Pirates
Scroll 11: Yunan and Azami
Scroll 12: The Crimson Prince and Azami
Scroll 13: Reim and Alibaba
Scroll 14: Yambala Tribe and New Dungeon
Scroll 15: Fourth Djinn and Lucien
Author's Note
Scroll 16: Yunan's Warning
Scroll 17: Setta's Adventure
Scroll 18: The War Starts
Scroll 19: Hope
Scroll 20: The Decisive Battle
Scroll 21: A New Start
Scroll 22: Yunan, Training and Balbadd
Scroll 23: Ren's Plan and Azami's Answer
Scroll 24: Kou, Sindria and the Past
Scroll 25: Solomon's Adventure
Scroll 26: Siblings and Oath
Scroll 27: Solomon and Sheba
Scroll 28: The War and It's End
Scroll 29: End of Alma Torran
Scroll 30: His Change, His Death
Scroll 31: Azami's Plan
Scroll 32: Kou's Civil War
Scroll 33: Aftermath
Scroll 34: Pursuit
Scroll 35: Three Years Later
Scroll 36: Kou Empire's Mishap
Scroll 37: Confrontation
Scroll 38: Big Trouble
Scroll 39: Witch
Scroll 40: International Alliance
Special Scroll: Chocolate?
Scroll 41: His Attack, David
Scroll 42: His Prisoner, Azami
Scroll 43: King of Man
Scroll 44: Azami's Djinns and the Greatest Vessel
Scroll 45: Her Will
Special Scroll: How Azami Met Her Djinns in Alma Torran
Scroll 46: The First Dungeon, Her Shadow
Scroll 47: Second Djinn and Azami's Duplicate
Special Scroll: Sitri, Ipos and Azami
Scroll 48: Zepar and Crocell
Scroll 49: Fourth Dungeon, Azami's Hidden Power
Scroll 51: His Sorrow, Her Regret
Scroll 52: Tale of a New Beginning
Epilogue
Character Profile
Author's Note

Scroll 50: Protect the Future

1K 37 0
By AthanasiaKashimashi

Great Flow Room
Azami's POV

I transported us back to the inner room. For now, we were in a long hallway with towering pillars. I must say that the pillars were amazing since they were designed aesthetically. Setta and the others were captivated as well.

"This place sure is amazing." I heard Alibaba said.

"There's nothing really special about this, kid. They're just some bunch of intricate designed posts. What's the big deal?" Judar asked bluntly. Aladdin sweatdropped.

"That's really brutal of you, Judar." Hakuryuu said. The fallen Magi turned to the former emperor before raising his eyebrow. He told him that this kind of pillar was pretty much repetitive. I turned them out before taking out the book of that layouts the Sacred Palace. I believed that we were in the inner part already so I turned to the last part.

"We just have to move forward then make a jump from the huge hole and we'll be able to reach Sinbad. Are you everybody?"

"We're always ready, Azami-nee." Setta answered. I grinned at him before racing down the hallway. This was a little difficult because it was a long way. At the end of it was a door.

"A door?" Alibaba touched the door and told us that it felt the same as that of a dungeon. I shook my head at the irony. He made his trials like the dungeon. I told them that we had to put on our magoi for the door to open.

"Is that so? I'll start then. Zaug Al-Adhra!" A bow of darkness appeared out of his staff and entered one of the orbs on the door. The next to attack was Judar who used Thalg Al-Salos. Then Setta took out his staff and pointed it at the lower orb.

"Sharrar Al-Salos!"

"Harl Harl Infigar!" Aladdin chanted.

"Amol Saiqa!" Alibaba fired another one. And for the final attack, I used Furcas Rosetta. The door was forced open and what awaited us was the huge hole which we have to pass through. The problem was the darkness underneath it. If you fall, then it's over.

"What should we do about this one, Azami?" Alibaba asked. I took out my staff and ordered the shadows around me. It will cost me some of my magoi but I was willing to.

"Zalam Zel!" I was able to make a bridge for them and they were about halfway but then the presence around us changed. A portal was opened and there stood a woman with pink dress, white headpiece that covered her face and a familiar staff. Setta stepped in.

"Falan? Is that really you?" He asked. The woman smiled.

"It has been awhile hasn't it, Setta? You too, Azami. Unfortunately, I cannot let you pass. We have to complete Master Sinbad's plan to change the world! For then, for then, I will be able to be with my beloved Tess." She said in glee. More like in delusion. I knew that it was traumatizing for her to see Tess die but this was taking things too far. I should know that death was inevitable and so was war.

"Falan! Just accept that he's dead. Your child is now resting in peace. Why do you insist on doing this!?" Setta asked her. She just gave him a crooked grin before using ice magic to trap us.

"Thalg Thageyya." She froze our lower limbs and when we tried to wiggle out, it just tightened around us and gotten colder than ever. She laughed at us and said that the more we struggle, the more that it will just hurt us. My staff was in my hands but I could not feel my fingers. Setta, Aladdin and Alibaba tried to help as well with their heat magic. It melted but it just came back up.

"What the hell is with this ice!?"

"I can't believe that Falan has mastered such manipulation strength to the ice magic. I'll have to break this one through though. Kasr Aljalid!" With his words only, the ice around us cracked and we were released. Setta flexed his fingers before taking his staff in position.

"Aistiraha!" It hit Falan in the arm and it bled furiously. He grinned. Falan sighed before healing it.

"I must teach you a lesson then, Setta." She held her staff upwards and released thousands of ice needles. Aladdin quickly used borg to protect us. Once the magic died down, Setta turned to us and quickly asked us to leave.

"I'll handle this one so be careful out there okay?" We reluctantly left. I turned back once more and they were now on a heated fight.

'Be careful, Setta. Falan is stronger than ever but I know you will not back down.' The last door was much more grand. It was purple in color with golden linings but the designs were Sinbad's Djinns. It did not need any key of some sort so we simply pushed it open. It was the same room where books and other materials were stored. However there was a throne now in front of us.

"Welcome to the Sacred Palace, Aladdin, Alibaba, Hakuryuu, Judar and of course, Azami. I didn't expect you four to come all the way this far. I heard from Arba that you've been quite a challenge to the dungeons I conquered and I congratulate you. But—" I interrupted his monologue. I could feel a tick appearing in my head.

"Save your sentimental monologues to yourself, Sinbad."

"Tch. Feisty as always, Azami. And you wound me! I prepared that speech." He confessed. Everyone of us sweatdropped.

'Was that really important to say?' Ipos asked.

'Just let the conqueror have his fun.' Halphas suggested. I sighed internally. Sinbad looked at us seriously and told us that his plan will still proceed. Alibaba was astounded with his declaration and demanded an explanation. Sinbad did and it was all because even if he change the people's thinking, the past has done enough to damage the present and the future.

"But that doesn't mean that there is nothing good left in this world, Sinbad!" Hakuryuu said.

"You're wrong. There is nothing left for this world. We should start anew! That way, the future we wish will be of guarantee."

"You've gone crazy, Idiot Sinbad." Judar marveled at the man in front of us. I can't deny that fact. Sinbad was collected in front of us but there was something wrong with him. In his eyes, I could see glints. It would flash from yellow to red. I was worried for a second then he changed to Baal's equip.

"I know that you will not agree with me so with the remaining time that we have, won't you play with me? I do think that they also have a scoreto settle." We were confused with what he was saying until Arba pointed out to the people behind her. It was the Al-Thamen and Elder David. I took out my staff out. Elder David welcomed us with a dazzling smile (I wouldn't say dazzling but enough to see a happy smile?)

"Now, isn't this a fun reunion? I would like to settle the score with you kiddos."

"How about this, Azami? You and I will fight as former pillars of Solomon, Judar and Hakuryuu with Al-Thamen, Aladdin with Elder David and Alibaba with Sinbad." I looked at my comrades behind me who nodded.

"Leave everything to us." Alibaba grinned.

"Hmph. I expect you to defeat that old hag, Azami."

"We can do this, Azami-dono."

"Just do your best and leave it all to us, Azami-nee." Aladdin said. I smiled at them before facing Arba. She grabbed her staff out before ushering me to her own domain. I looked back to see them getting ready. Right. This was what it was supposed to be. I sometimes felt as if I did not belong here and it was a little melancholic.

"You know, this feels like when we were back in Alma Torran. Where we would train for hours and remember when you were still part of the Orthodox. The prodigy Azami Alttanin? I remember that. Those were the good times until that war happened. You were killed and it was Solomon to blame." She reminisced. I clenched my fist tightly at her accusation.

"But Arba, the resistance was the one who forced Solomon to be king. After we died, Setta and I saw what happened after our death. It was depressin to see you all sad and although we understand it, your hearts were slowly eaten away by sadness, anger and hatred. That was why I asked Ugo to take my soul and reincarnate me." I confessed. She bobbed her head in understanding. She told me that she finally knew the reason why I was here. I stopped and she looked back at me.

"Don't blame Solomon for what has happened. He just tried to connect us with everybody."

"Yes! But with what he has done and this created world, he just made everything complicated. This is irrational and the fallen? Just because they couldn't follow Solomon's will, they are subjected to such label!"

"T-That is not true." I could see the intensity in her eyes and I felt a little indecisive to tell her. I encouraged myself to continue by showing her my talk with Solomon. After I escaped the darkness, I did met Solomon and Sheba. We caught up with each other and informed the other with what has happened. Arba clenched her staff tightly and believe it or not, I could tears in her eyes.

'It had been so long after all. This fight has been going on for centuries.' Furcas smiled to himself. Ronove and Halphas agreed with him.

'Yes. I am quite tired as well.' Stolas said. Sitri and Ipos smiled sadly at each other. After I showed everything to Arba, she looked at me. She asked me one more fight and this time, it will be a fight for our beliefs.

"This will be our last fight." She said. I nodded.

"Ghurfat Khass."  We were transported once more to another isolated area. There were only a few trees so we get into our stance.

"Shieae Daw'!" A light beam hit her sides and a wound was formed. It was not that deep though. She grinned before using ice magic. It was the regular Thalg Al-Salos but with the addition of her own gravity magic. I dodged them in time but what I didn't notice were two spears that caught my feet. I winced at the pain before pulling them out. She used her staff and attacked me mercilessly. With every slash here and there, she was able to dealt damage to my body.

"Flash Ajola!" I was blinded and she kicked me in the stomach hard. I landed harshly on the floor and I could feel my back bleeding furiously.

"Satas Ashaff!"

"What's wrong, Azami? Fight back." I jumped upwards and used gravity magic. With a slash, I used Sharrar Merra. It hit her in the stomach and I threw her staff to the side before attacking her once more. Both with fire and wind, she was thrown far away from me. That did not stop her though. She grinned at me from ear to ear.

"We should fight seriously. This is getting a little more like a child's play. You can use djinn equip."

"No thanks. We are fighting here as pillars of Solomon and we will end it with that." She used lightning magic on me followed by her favored strength magic, Medoun Al-Samm. On the other hand, I used Tadmir Aleaql to control her body and use it to deflect her attacks. It was gruesome but if she could rearrange her body so easily then I did not see anything wrong with it. She was reduced to pieces but she picked up her body and fixed her body. I used alchemy magic to burn her body.

"Alnniran mmin Alsamma!" It took a lot from my magoi but I knew that it will just burn her. It was a direct hit. We resort to hand-to-hand combat where I could see that Arba was winning. She hit my stomach, thigh and arms. I could not feel them. She laughed at my misery.

'Shit. I have to fight back.' I jumped upwards and kicked her. She dodged it and I took this chance to show her another magic which was originally not mine for the matter. It was Ramz Al-Salos. She fizzled in front of me so I grabbed her hand and threw her on the floor.

"Asfal Zawbaa!" She was blown away. When the wind died down, she panted and I grinned. Just then, my body felt a little tired. I had a hard time standing up and my limbs were all heavy.

"Tired already? Hehehe. I didn't expect you to be this weak, Azami. I thought you have grown!?"

3rd POV

Azami froze in her position. She realized that Arba was right. Their fight was nothing more than a game to her. Her staff fell on the floor and she dropped.

'What is wrong with me?' She thought to herself. Her rukh blazed and Arba could see the black and white rukh were fighting against each other. She laughed at the irony. Instead of just standing there, Arba took this chance to attack her. Azami landed on the rocks scattered around the island. Blood gushed on her back and her eyes glazed.

'My Queen! You have to stand up! You have grown. It's just that you have doubts. We have to finish this fight at once.' Stolas reminded her but it was as if her mind was somewhere else. Halphas closed her eyes and resonated with her.

'You have to see that the future needs you. Wake up, Azami.' Azami let out a shaky breath. Stolas and Halphas were right. She could not just doubt everything. Arba charged at her but luckily, Azami came back to her senses. She jumped out of the way and used her staff to hit her back. The black haired magician gasped at the pain.

"Argh! What the hell!? I thought you were gone."

"I will not lose that easily specially if it's the future at stake. I will protect the future!"

Setta's POV

I was still fighting with Falan and as time pass by, she was getting better at the ice magic she uses. Guess I have to change tactics. If the me from Alma Torran can only use ice magic and gravity magic, in this world, I can use more. With a swing from my staff, I used fire magic and melted it. Thanks to the book that Azami-nee gave to me back then, I was able to generate new magic.

"Daw' Almawt!" It hit her in the arms and threw out her staff. After that, we resorted to hand-to-hand combat. Obviously, I was getting the upper hand.

"Kyaah!"

"I will not lose so easily. The future is at stake. We will return everyone to normal."

Judar and Hakuryuu

"This is the battle we mustn't be so easy about."

Aladdin

"My father wanted you to see what was the right path and I will show it to you, Elder David."

"Let's see what you got, kiddo."

Alibaba

"This is a fight where I will return everybody to their normal state, Sinbad. I will also show you that you don't have to shoulder everything from now on."

"Let me hear your answer in this fight then."

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829 0 10
It's 10 years after Sinbad and Hikari's story, Aladdin is a young and noble Magi with a magic flute that gives him the power to summon giant creature...
95.7K 2.4K 25
(Y/n) was exiled from her country. For what reason you might be asking? Well a gang of thugs that called themselves 'The Jaded Dagger' kidnaped her a...
42.2K 2K 34
*I do not own Magi or any of it's characters* Several hundred years after the Kou Empire civil war, Al-Thamen is completely defeated. The battle was...
5.8K 190 20
It's is the year 3025, and the world is full of technology. However, 20 years ago, scientists discovered a gate. This gate opens into other worlds. I...