The Shabby barbie

By EshaAnoop

@Rossie_Gurl I dedicate this book to you <3 Stories are either of two or three genres but Life isn't like th... More

PROLOGUE
I.
II
III
IV
V
VII
VIII
IX

VI

106 18 12
By EshaAnoop

Unedited. [A/N Except the prologue all other parts are unedited :P ]

Dedicated to Medallion12 and Mahima ;) 

Video Dairy

Hola Poppy!  She waves her hand as she kneels down.

So it's almost a week since I became the receptionist of Red Cross. I've to work there only for 3 hours so I told Mum I'm doing a reference study from the library. Yup, truly that's a lie. Anyway It was so sweet of Dawn to do me this little help. 

She blushes a little.

Oh no Poppy, don't take me wrong. It's really great working there. The wound on my hand has healed but see. She shows the wounded region of her hand. It's like somebody tried to write 'Slut'. That day, OMG I can't even think of it. Thank goodness I've not gone through such creepy experiences after that. 

There's a great news, we're doing a mash-up for the competition. Not to mention Poppy, Dawn is an amazing singer.

She smirks.

Mr. Micheal's secret investigation to find the culprit is actually hopeless. I'll give him the names of the guys and girls whom I'd punched before. He thinks one of them might be the criminal mind. 

She packs her bag. 

Poppy, it's time we say good bye. Oh! I forgot to tell you that Dr. Chris had rung me up a few days back to remind me about the rest of the tests. 

*****

"Mum??? " I called out as I shut the door of my room. 

THUD

Suddenly she dropped herself down right in front f me. Shit! I hate myself hell like.

I pulled her up and placed one hand on her shoulder and the other on her waist and somehow managed to take her into the car. I drove to Red Cross as quick as possible because there was no time to waste.

Since I work here I knew some people so I gestured them to bring a wheel chair and to take her to the test room.

Yeah! It was alll planned.

Scripted by Chris Boyance.

Direction and screenplay by Fuchsia  Lavender. 

Those visuals of my Mum drooping her head and sitting on the wheel chair repeated over and over in my mind. 

"Success?" Chris asked raising an eye-brow.

I nodded. 

"Miss Ryan cancer is curable and your Mom's is 100% curable state." He assured when he saw I was loosing confidence. 

Yes he is right. Cancer is curable but the cost of curing it would kill the hell out of me." 

"He died of cancer..." She died of cancer.." "Cancer is such a bloody killer.." If these are the only phrases you come upon everyday, then it is obvious that you'll have a cancer-phobia. 

Doctor Chris is ready to help me financially but I'm not interested in taking loans, you'll become indebted. 

"Okay. I'll give you a six month time to arrange the cash. Within that period anyday anytime we can do it, I'm ready." 

"Thanks." I said thankfully. Really thankfully. 

I had added a few drops of a medicine for sedation in her morning coffee. 

'Fuchsia, today you'd sedated your Mother for a few hours, how can I trust you that you won't sedate her forever?' The inner voice kept questioning me. I, myself was turning to be my enemy. 

Chris said I could go to college and he'll take care of her. I started to drive but that's when I remembered something. I quickly called him. 

"Dr.Chris, It's me Fuchsia. Please don't tell Mom anything. If she asks why she is in Red Cross, tell her it's Dawn's hospital and Dawn is my friend." 

"Don't worry. You can take her home after your shift in the hospital."

"Thank you." I sighed in relief. 

I went to Mr. Micheal after parking my car and gave him the reason for being late. 

"That's okay, kid. Between you brought what I'd asked you?" 

"Yes." I handed over a paper in which I'd written the names of kids whom I'd attacked. Thanks to Poppy, if I hadn't confessed everything to him I wouldn't get these names. 

"I'll go through it. Now go to the music room, they need you there. " 

Our practice had begun days before but the fact is that we're not satisfied with the way we mixed.  

"Heyya, were you grounded?" Dawn smirked. 

"No time to joke. We gotta start." I kept my bag in the locker and came back. The band and the chorus group were ready. 

"1..2..3..4" I'm the opening singer. The first song is Taylor's Lovestory followed by You Belong With Me. 

"We were both young when I first saw you.

I close my eyes and the flashback starts:

I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.

See you make your way through the crowd

And say, 

If you could see

That I'm the one

Who understands you.

Been here all along.

So, why can't you see—

You belong with me,

You belong with me? "

I sang the bit but I felt uncomfortable. 

"Fuck. This doesn't sound good." Dawn slams on the wall. 

"Okay, I'll try once again." 

"We were both young when I first saw you.

I close my eyes and the flashback starts:

I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns.

See you make your way through the crowd

And say,"Hello,"

Little did I know...

That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles,

And my daddy said, "Stay away from Juliet"

And I was crying on the staircase

Begging you, "Please don't go"

And I said...

 If you could see

That I'm the one

Who understands you.

Been here all along.

So, why can't you see—

You belong with me,

You belong with me? "

"That's far better." Dawn announced and we started it rehearsing it again and again.

Aaric came and stood near the door leaning on a pillar with his hands folded. Aaric is...Umm..I don't know how to describe him. He's always there to help me. no matter how busy he is. He's sincere, friendly etc..etc. But, sometimes he acts like a psyco. Last night he was drunk and he came home. 

**FLASHBACK**

I was fast asleep dreaming. I saw those wonderfull days with my parents and my twinny, how happy we were then. Suddenly I saw the small boy crying and an accident taking place. I was sweating all over and I quickly got up. I couldn't get sleep as my mind wasn't calm, so I thought I'll resort to singing for the time being to relax myself. I took my guitar and sat on my bed leaning against the wall. 

"Once upon a time,

There lived a girl,

A three year old girl.

With her Dad, Mum and sister.

She lived in a town, 

In a really small town. 

She had a friend, the boy next door

Together they played. 

Together they pranked.

Together they wept.

Together they left." 

I stopped for a while. Should I continue? My head was twirling. 

"They were so, young when they  first met ...

She was playing rolly-polly ,

When he asked her if he could join.

She was just two then and so where him........

She let out a smile and they..they became the best buds. " 

"Then, What happened then? " I heard somebody scoff. I hadn't turned the lights on so I couldn't figure out who it was. I turned the lights on. 

"Aaric, what are you doing here?" 

"Hey, Shuuu. Your Mum will hear us. I need to talk to you something serious." He whispered. 

"You are drunk. Just get out. I'll meet you tomorrow."

"No. I'm sober. Fuchsia, you looked really amazing in the party today." 

"What? I've not gone for any party since years. You're not sober, dude."

"You came there, betcha. Oh sorry I forgot about your 'short term memory loss'."  Aaric keeps on telling that I've 'short term memory loss'. Last day I asked him who told about it and he said I myself had told him. He's really crazy. I guess he's a lunatic person. 

"I'll forgive you now. Please leave, I'll meet you tomorrow. I promise." I pushed him out of the balcony, through the same path he had crawled inside. He walked and dragged himself to the car and drove away.

'Short Term Memory Loss' do I really have that syndrome? No way, I'm not Dory anyway. I crept to my bed and dozed off.

**END OF FLASH BACK**

"Fuchsia, what the fuck are you thinking?" Dawn yelled.

"Whoops. Sorry" I was embarrassed.

"You were dreaming for the past fifteen minutes. So, you have the next song?"

"I'll get it in a few minutes. I'm sorry again, Dawn." He ran his hand through his hair, typical guys reaction when they're are irritated.

Oh Shit! Yesterday I had taken his pendrive home and had left it there. Aaric was nowhere to be found. He's really a strange personality. 

"Hey, Caro.can you do me a favor? "" I waved at Caroline and she came running towards me once she heard my voice from the crowd. 

"Hi. Fuchsia. Yeah tell me what should I do? " 

"Caro, here is our house's key. Can you get me my laptop? It's on my table. Toshiba. Handle with care, cause it's Mum's. " I winked at her. 

"Extra care then." She winked back taking the keys from my hand. 

"Oh one more thing. Take my wireless net connector too. You might find two at home. Take the one which has my name on it. " I don't remeber where I kept my net connector, I've the habbit of leaving my things in a mess. " Caro, if you didn't get mine, then take Mum's." 

"Okay, Fuchsia." She came closer. "Aaric is a really nice guy. He told me everything and I told him it's not nice to keep such things as a secret. You know you miss the real fun." She winked and walked away. I was expecting she would  turn back at once but she didn't. 

What was she talking about? Aaric told her everything? I never shared any secrets with Aaric, then how could she say that ? 

Mr. Micheal texted me that he failed again. But for me, I had found him. It's Aaric. I went to cafeteria where I saw him seated. He jumped up and walked towards me. 

"What did you tell to Caroline?" I asked with the most harsh voice I could use. 

"I told everything." He smirked. 

"What do you mean by everything." 

"Everything except your short term memory lose." 

"I don't have that fucking loss." I yelled. 

"Oh! from they very way you talk to me I can clearly see it." He scoffed as he placed his hands around my waist and pulled me closer. 

"Wha the hell are you doing. Dare not to touch me." I warned him as I pulled myself away from his hold. 

"Hey, I don't understand why you're acting like a lunatic. Sometimes you act really friendly, sometimes you flush me for no reason. That's definitely not the way how a girl friend behaves to her boy friend. Fuck!"  He leaned forward with the most desiring eyes like he was going to kiss or something but the next thing he came to know was that I'd slapped him. 

That was a reflex action. 

"Enough is enough." I felt humiliated and so did he. He never expected I would slap him, nor did I. I cursed myself, but he too was wrong. How could he make such false statements, even if he had done it for fun?

Caroline brought my things and gave me, She said nothing, maybe she came to know about it. I noticed that she had given me Mum's net connector. 

"Hey, sorry I always mess up with things and forget where I left them. Anyway thanks." I joked but she did not laugh. 

"Yeah. You're right you're a messed up girl." 

'It was a mean act.' my inner voice kept saying to me.Dawn tried hard to act normal.

After the college I rushed to Red Cross and worked there for three hours. Finally when I was done I went to Mum and took her home. I was awake the whole night. I shouldn't have done it. 

'Fuchsia, I'd always told you to stay calm. Now don't blame me if he takes revenge or if you fall into troubles.' My mind warned me. Mum wanted to talk to but I forcefully made her sleep. I didn't want to talk to anyone. Not even Poppy. 

_________________________________________

I rushed with the chapter. I'm really sorry :/. I was so eager to update when I saw 100 votes ;) Thanks to all those who voted and comented. This chapter is dedicated to ya all <3

 This is the most important chapter of the story so read carefully. :P ;) 

I'm neither a good poet nor a lyricist. So bear the song ;) but if you have a better version you can PM me and I'm ready to put it up. xD 

Vote or else I'll virtually slay you ;) 

Esha xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

423 4 43
To her mother she has always been Chloe, but to the rest of the world she has had many names. Her life is a fiction, like the stories in a book, chan...
93 14 15
Lavender Rodrido She was abandoned by her parents at birth with nothing but her first name. She got her last name from the family who adopted her. Th...
46.9K 2.4K 51
BOOK 1- A yes BOOK 2- A Fight Innana turned back to Osmian. "Before I forget. I made this for you." Innana said and handed the multicoloured flower t...