To her mother she has always been Chloe, but to the rest of the world she has had many names. Her life is a fiction, like the stories in a book, changing from place to place, village to village, town to town, from one end of Haven to the other. It has been that way ever since she can remember: a life of secrets, constantly on the run, fleeing the mysteries of her mother's past. But now things are changing.
She is changing.
The world she thought she knew is a tissue of lies. Things are happening that she cannot explain: troubling dreams and nightmares that seem no less real than life itself. And as the truth about her mother begins to unfold, Chloe finds herself caught up in a web of intrigue and deceit that reaches back to before the founding of Haven, when plans were put in motion that would determine her future and set her on a path to places beyond her imagining.
Questions mount, and answers remain elusive. And when a decades old book that maintains the world is not the way it's supposed to be comes into her possession, Chloe is in for the shock of her life. The deeper she digs, the more terrifying the truth, until at last she must confront the possibility that in a world where to be human is to be one of a tiny minority, she may not even be that.
She may be something else.
And the only place she may be safe is in her other life.
- Prelude: The Prisoner
- CHAPTER ONE: THE NIGHT MESSENGER
- CHAPTER TWO: UNCLE JIM
- CHAPTER THREE: FIELD STUDIES
- CHAPTER FOUR: THE OTHER PLACE
- CHAPTER FIVE: AWAY
- CHAPTER SIX: ON THE RUN
- CHAPTER SEVEN: THE MONSTER IN THE BASEMENT
- CHAPTER EIGHT: JASMINE
- CHAPTER NINE: MOTHERS KNOW BEST
- CHAPTER TEN: THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
- CHAPTER ELEVEN: LIKE MOTHER, LIKE DAUGHTER
- CHAPTER TWELVE: HER OTHER LIFE
- CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE END OF WHAT WAS
- CHAPTER FOURTEEN: CHLOE HAVERSHAW
- CHAPTER FIFTEEN: PAST IMPERFECT
- CHAPTER SIXTEEN: RUBICON
- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: THE GRAY IN BETWEEN
- CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: ANDRE
- CHAPTER NINETEEN: THE GUARDIAN ANGEL
- CHAPTER TWENTY: THE HARDEST TRUTH
- CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: HIS PRINCESS
- CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: BLOOD SECRETS
- CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: TURNING POINT
- CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: TYRANNY
- CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: SHATTERED
- CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX: BROKEN
- CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: A MEASURE OF GRIEF
- CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: A VAMP BY ANY OTHER NAME
- CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE: NO HAVEN FOR DARKNESS
- CHAPTER THIRTY: THE MIRACLE GIRL
- CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE: QUEEN TAKES ROOK
- CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO: CONSPIRACY THEORY
- CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE: GONE AWAY, GIRL
- CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR: ESCAPE ROUTE
- CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: AT THE END OF THE WORLD
- CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: THE MAN IN THE CASTLE
- CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: THE TIME TRAVELERS
- CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT: BLACKOUT
- CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE: THE TYRANNY OF BLOOD
- CHAPTER FORTY: ASHES
- CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: DUST THOU ART
- Author's Note