Boarding School For Wolves

By 8o8_iNSANiTY

More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Epilogue

Chapter XXI

215K 2.9K 145
By 8o8_iNSANiTY

Not sure how good this chapter is going to be...I had tried writing it out yesterday and got stuck...So I'm going to be jumping around a bit in this I hope you all don't mind...It wont be anything major but, it's the only way I could actually get something to write...It isn't all the long either, I would've made it longer but, I couldn't think of more to write for this chap...

Vote

Comment

Fan

(Next Update on Monday)

***********************

The following week Cain was given the okay to go back to school. He had done a lot of complaining from the time he woke up till then. I found it amusing watching him grumble with the doctor every chance he got. You’d think that most people would be relieved that they didn’t have to be in school. Cain was the complete opposite. Personally I think he just wanted to be rid of the doc.

It was Monday and talk of the fight that had occurred the week before was still a hot topic in the halls. Most of the kids that were sent here had never dealt with hunter’s. A lot were afraid because hunters were some to be feared. It didn’t matter that we could kill them with a snap of our fingers because of how much stronger we were. I think it was more of the fact they were human and could be just about anyone. For us, hunter were what nightmares were made of. The one thing we had to constantly be on out toes about, always looking over our shoulder. 

“How are you feeling?” I asked Cain that day after school.

“I’m fine,” he sighed “Everyone really needs to stop asking me that question

“Cain, you almost died last week, it’s normal for people to ask you that question.” I pointed out

“I know that but, it’s getting old.” he said flopping down on the couch.

“Halloween is coming up.” I said changing the subject. I didn’t want to get into it with him again.

“That holiday is so boring,” he groaned 

“It is not boring,” I said placing my hands on my hips. I love Halloween!

Back at home during Halloween my friends and I would all dress up and head out to Front Street. That was like the best place to go on Halloween. Some of the costumes people came up with were crazy. One year a group of people showed up as Mt. Rushmore, that was pretty freaking cool. I then began to wonder what there was to do around here for Halloween. I also needed talk to the girls cause we needed to figure out what we were going to dress up as. I hadn’t realized that Cain was talking to me until he started snapping his fingers in front of my face.

“Did you hear anything I just said?” he asked raising an eyebrow

“Uh, no sorry.” I said sheepishly. 

“I said, Halloween is the most boring holiday ever.” he said 

“Yeah, well you’ll be changing your tune soon enough.” I said dismissively 

“What’s that’s supposed to mean?” he asked 

“Don’t worry about it,” I smiled and pecked him on the lips “I’ll be back, I’ve got to talk to the girls about something.”

“About what?” he asked following me to the door.

“Girl stuff,” I replied vaguely “Love you,”

“Love you too,” he said kissing my cheek.

I ran to the end of the hall and grabbed Ashlee and pulled her along with me back to my old room. I knew that Mana, Nate and Kai would dress up. They would probably use the same thing they did every year a grass skirt over their jeans, bare chested with a lei around their necks and sneakers on their feet. Those three couldn’t be more original if they tried. 

“Okay, so Halloween is coming up in a few weeks.” I said after we all settled into the living room.

“I know and I can’t wait!” Amy squealed. At least she’s excited about it.

“So what are we going to do for costumes?” Ash asked

“If there anything to do around here on Halloween” Jas asked

“Oh, we go down to Rain, they always have a party going on.” Amy said 

“You guys go there for everything.” Jas said 

“Okay, so we got ‘where’ now we need is costumes.” I said “Any suggestions?”

“Why don’t we do the whole Alice in Wonderland theme this year but, sexy.” Jas said 

“Oh my gosh, that’s perfect.” Amy said “ We could go as Alice, The Rabbit,  Mad Hatter and The Queen of Hearts.”

“Oh this is going to be awesome.” Ash grinned 

“Yup, it most definitely will be. Now all we have to do is go on line and find those costumes.” I said. 

Cain wont know what hit him. After this Halloween I highly doubt that he’ll be thinking it’s boring. Amy brought out her laptop and we spent the next couple hours trying to find the perfect Alice in Wonderland costumes. 

“Okay so now we know what costumes we’re going to order,” I said “All we need to know is who’s going as what character.”

“I’ll be the Mad Hatter.” Jas grinned

“I’ll be the Rabbit.” Ash said

“Okay, so Amy what’s it gonna be?” I asked “The Queen or Alice.”

“I think Amy should be Alice, she’s got the whole sweet and innocent look down.” Jas said

“Oh yeah, definitely Alice,” Ash nodded

“Okay,” Amy nodded

“Look’s like I’m going as the Queen of Hearts.” I smirked. Oh Cain, I’m going to make you eat your words.

“The boys are going to freak.” Jas laughed

This just maybe the best Halloween yet.

**********************

It was finally Halloween and I couldn’t be more excited. Our costumes had come in a week ago and Amy had them hidden away so the boy wouldn’t be able to take a peek. Cain had been hounding me since the day the girls and I planned what to wear. He bugged me everyday trying to get the answer out of me but, I wasn’t going to tell him. He would just have to wait till we met up with him and the guys at the club tonight to see my costume. 

The girls and I had all driven out to the city and got a room at the motel/inn thingy that Cain and I had stayed at the last time we had come here. As far as the girls and I knew, they guys would all be coming out later. With costumes in hand we all got ready got our night out. I was practically bouncing with excitement. Amy was cracking up at me, she didn’t know how I was when it came to Halloween. 

Samara - my brothers mate - came along with us. She didn’t have a costume so it was a good thing that we had gotten the Cheshire Cat costume just in case. I couldn’t believe that I was dressing up my brothers mate. He was so going to kill me. But, at least her costume covered a lot more than the rest of ours did. Okay well, maybe a little bit more covered than the rest of ours. Who was I kidding though, he was going to love it. 

Once we were dressed and ready to go we set off to the club. Even though it was in walking distance my feet were already killing me. I just had to wear the most painful heels I owned tonight didn’t I? Screw it, the heels matched my costume perfectly and I wouldn’t be in pain any more once we reached the club. I might even rethink my plans to dance cause there was no way in hell I could do it with the heels I had on. 

“You think the guys are there already?” Amy asked pulling at the hem of her dress.

“Probably, it’s already after 9.” Jas shrugged

“I don’t know about this,” Samara whispered “What if Na’ali’i has a fit over this?” she questioned waving her hand over her outfit.

“Then I’ll just have to put him in his place.” I stated slinging my arm over her shoulders. “But, I’m pretty damn sure that he wont mind at all.”

“Yeah, you look hot as the Cheshire Cat.” Jas grinned 

The club came into view and the bouncer at the door let up in. Ah, the perks of clubs owned my fellow wolves. The club was packed once we made it to the main section. There was all kinds of costumes going on. As I did a quick scan I grinned, didn’t seem like anyone else wen for the Alice in Wonderland theme. At least I wouldn’t have to worry about having the same costume as someone else. 

The girls and I found an empty booth and took a seat. Looks like I wasn’t the only one who’s feet were hurting. I almost laughed at the look of utter relief Jas and Ash had on their faces. I could’ve swore they moaned when they sat down. I started laughing when I saw all the guys coming over our way. I was right about Mana, Nate and Kai. They had worn what they usually do for Halloween and from the looks of it they had gotten Cain, Dean, Austin and my brother to do the same. 

“If I thought our boys looked good like that on Halloween, I was mistaken.” Jas said “Cause my mate look’s damn fine in his grass skirt.”

“So does mine,” Amy and I said 

Cain came over and held his hand out for me. I slipped my hand into his and he pulled me out to the dance floor. 

“So, is this still a boring holiday?” I asked

He looked me up and down, biting his lip. “Not anymore.”

“I knew you’d see things my way.” I said 

We dance to a few sings before my feet were once again killing me. When we got back to the table Cain pulled my into his lap. Everyone else was sitting around as well except Mana and Kai.

“Where are Kai and Mana?” I asked 

“Last I saw they were hitting up a group of girls.” Jas laughed 

“When need you some, gotta get some I guess.” I shrugged

“Mana and Kai aren’t like that, are they?” Amy asked 

The girls and I looked at each other before we nodded. They weren’t as bad as some guys but, they still had their urges so to speak. These last couple weeks had felt a little weird though. Mana and I had hardly seen or spoken to each other. It was...well weird since we always had time for each other. He’s my best friend. I’d have to talk to him tomorrow to see what’s going on. 

For the rest of the night we all talked, laughed and danced. No drinking was involved which I was glad for. My brother knew I would drink on occasion but, I still like doing it when he was around. We all had fun though which was a plus and by the end of the night Cain said that Halloween was now his favorite holiday. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 12.9K 23
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
13.3M 425K 47
Harper is a shy and timid girl who is the constant target for the school bullies. But when her family relocates to the other side of town things begi...
192K 4.2K 33
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
179K 5.9K 19
Blaire Scott is a 22 year old Cafè owner with big plans. She wants to grow her business and make the World's Best Coffee. She is known in her small t...