Blue Eyes (A Paranormal Roman...

By thatoneweirdgurrl

HIGHEST RANK- #1 in Crush #2 in Paranormal For a moment he just sits there watching me with amused eyes, a s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Big S/O
Chapter 45
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Epilogue
My Idea! + Q/A questions
Answers!
The Playlist

Chapter 46

72K 2.6K 1.4K
By thatoneweirdgurrl

A song without a name-Johnnie Guilbert

I wake up the next morning after having the most fitful sleep I've ever fallen into. Not once did I wake up. It was calm, cozy, absolutely comfy; basically, throw in a large Hawaiian pizza and I'm in heaven.

I get out of bed, a small smile resting on my lips as I stretch out my arms yawning. After brushing my teeth and hair, I go to the bedroom closet to look for an outfit. There's multiple dresses, pants, skirts, shorts, t-shirts, blouses, sweaters, jackets, basically everything, and surprisingly, most of it is in my size. I  change into a pair of black leggings, dark blue shorts, and a black All Time Low t-shirt with a unbuttoned turquoise flannel shirt. I'm not a very big fan of All Time Low to be honest, I only like one of their songs, Something's Gotta Give, but it was the only band shirt name that I recognized out of the bunch.

I put my hair into a high pony tail and quietly walk outside my room, I'm not sure what to do or wether I should be wandering around their house. Feeling awkward, I'm about to go back inside my room when I smell bacon. I can hardly control myself as I immediately go jogging down the stairs, walking into the kitchen to find Melina whistling merrily as she bustles around the kitchen, making food.

"Hi" I say quietly but she doesn't hear me. I feel so awkward just standing here, should I leave? Should I say hi again louder? "Hello Bethany." Melina chimes without turning around. I widen my eyes in surprise "Oh, uh hey, do you want some help with that?" I ask, walking forward. She looks back at me with a kind smile, that crinkles her eyes in the corners. "I'd love some help, could you fix up the waffle batter? The recipe's right there." She gestures, pointing to the counter where a recipe book lays.

I find the waffle recipe and begin mixing the ingredients, taking extra time and care, paying close attention to make sure that I don't screw this up. I mean, how embarrassing would that be?

"So Bethany, are you from here?" Melina asks causally as she flips over the sizzling bacon. I bite my lip unsure on whether I'm supposed to mention my past or not. Adelram was so weird about it last night, he wouldn't even let me say my real name. "Uh, sort of." I answer briefly, trying not to sound suspicious. Melina pauses for a moment to raise her eyebrow at me questioningly.
"Sorta?" She asks. I bite my lip as I consider how I should reply. "I'm gonna let you in on a little secret." Melina whispers. I furrow my brows as I wait for her big reveal." I can read minds...Kamaria." Melina admits. I feel my eyes widen as I choke on my own saliva "You what?" I choke. Melina gives me a small smile "You heard me." She then continues to make the bacon while I just stand here awkwardly, unsure of what to say or do.

So she can read minds, like me. I look over at her and focus closely, curious to know what a mind readers mind is like.

I know you're reading my mind Kamaria. It's really no use, I've learned how to allow others to only read what I let them read.

Melina explains through her thoughts. I feel myself blush as I look at her in amazement "You can do that?" I question admirably. "Yes, it takes training, but it's pretty easy to get the hang of." She informs me. I start fidgeting with my hands, unsure of how to ask her to teach me. "I'll help you learn, not to worry." she winks, reading my mind. I blush again and smile "Thanks." I say.

I clear my throat, and motion to the bowl on the counter. "The waffle batter is done." I smile, and in return she points to the opposite counter.
"Great, the waffle iron is over there, do you mind making them?" She asks me. Oh no, I've always been terrible at waffles, and I mean terrible, they always stick to the iron and fall apart and over flow like crazy. "Uh, yeah sure." I say as I plug in the iron praying I don't make too much of a fool of myself.

I get a one cup measure and fill it to the top with the batter, I'm about to pour it in when Melina glances over then looks back to her bacon, but almost immediately she's looking back at me with wide eyes "Woah, woah, first you've got to butter the waffle iron." she chides. I feel myself blush and lower the cup back in. "The butter spray is in that cupboard closest to the fridge." she states. After spraying each waffle molding, she tells me to a get a half cup instead "Put about a half of a cup of batter, maybe less into each square" she instruct. I follow her instructions and put a little less than half a cup into each one. I shut the lid and wait for about a minute. I'm about to open it to check on them, not wanting them to burn when she stops me "Wait until you see steam coming out, than they'll be ready." she explains. I nod my head, finally feeling like maybe I understand this whole waffle iron deal.

Steam starts coming out of the waffle iron, like a lot, I'm sure it's burnt as I lift the lid, but to my surprise I find perfect golden waffles. I smile proudly to myself, thinking that maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

After all the bacon is cooked and I'm done making the rest of the waffles, (its six times the amount of a normal batch) Melina and I grab a plate, filling it with the food. I stack four waffles and a huge pile of bacon. I bite my lip and am about to put some back, for fear that I look like a selfish pig, when I look over at Melina's plate to see not four but six waffles and double the amount of bacon. I widen my eyes as I look down at her small frame, surely that's not her plate! But sure enough, she begins to pour syrup onto her waffles and starts eating. I stand here in amazement. Melina obviously notices and looks over at my expression with a chuckle "I may not look it, but I can eat" she says.

A moment later, Cayden comes running down the stairs "I smell bacon!" Cayden exclaims looking frantically around for it, as soon as he spots it his face lights up and he's in front the plate, shoving down handfuls at a time into his mouth in mere seconds. Melina scolds him "share some for the rest of the family Cayden" she warns. "But momma, you know I love bacon the most" he pouts, Melina rolls her eyes "enough, put the plate of bacon down" she tells him. Cayden obeys and sets the now half empty plate of bacon down on the counter. He suddenly grabs the other full plate and makes a run for it "thanks mom!" He yells running up the stairs.

Melina says nothing, she just squints her eyes at the table, after a moment Cayden comes trudging down the stairs "okay okay, sheesh" he mutters setting the plate down. He grabs himself a plate and stacks a huge pile of bacon and waffles onto it. He cuts up some of his bacon into bite sizes and sprinkles a pinch into each square of every waffle on his plate, then he pours a perfect amount of syrup into each square. Finally he checks them all over, and then begins eating. I watch intrigued, I find it kind of funny that he's a little OCD, at least when it comes to his waffles.

Avalynn and Adelram walk downstairs, Avalynn pulling Adleram along as he rubs his eyes, his hair sticking up in different directions. I can't help but smile, They both look so adorable. I pour the syrup all over my waffles and bacon, and yes I like syrup on my bacon, I love it actually.

"Hi Bethany." Avalynn calls out cheerfully "Hey, Avalynn." I grin back waving. Cayden looks up at me in surprise, but his expression soon shifts into a look of flirtation. "Why hello there beautiful, I had been so distracted by the bacon I hadn't noticed you." he says grinning as he comes over and sits next to me. I roll my eyes as I continue eating. "I like a girl that can eat."  Cayden states. I open my mouth to say something but Adelram intervenes before I get the chance "Boyfriend, Cayden, she has a boyfriend." he reminds him as he grabs two plates, handing one to Avalynn.

Cayden shrugs "I don't see any boyfriend with her right now." he says. Adelram rolls his eyes "You're twenty two, she's seventeen." he informs him. Cayden laughs and stands up, washing his already empty plate. "Remember, my room is the second door on the left, third floor." Cayden winks "if you need anything, anything at-" before he can finish his cliche line his mom interrupts "Cayden shut up, the girl clearly doesn't like you, now shoo." she says. Cayden smirks at me before turning around and running up the stairs.

A moment later Everette and Lanna come walking down. Lanna has her earbuds in, acknowledging nothing but the food on the table. Everette grabs his food and begins to go upstairs but Melina stops him "Rhett, we eat as a family, no going upstairs until you're done eating" she warns. Everette rolls his eyes and walks to the opposite side of Adelram, and sits down next to me.

He glances over at me than at his food, than back at me. "Who the hell are you?" He asks. "Uh, I'm Bethany." I say smiling at him. He gives me a once over and then looks back at my eyes "Everette, nice boobs." he comments shamelessly. My mouth pops open and I feel my cheeks flare as I look down at me food, suddenly feeling very awkward and self conscious. I eat the rest of my food in awkward silence. After I'm done eating, I look over to Adelram who's talking animatedly to Avalynn, using wide gestures and silly expressions. I smile to myself, getting up and cleaning off my dish.

After I'm done I look over to Adelram, eager to meet Mr. Komachi, but he's still telling some goofy story to Avalynn. I leave the kitchen and begin walking around, I walk into the living room and instantly go to the walls, looking at the pictures hanging on them. The first one that catches my eyes is a picture of a younger Adelram, around the age of ten. He's short, with adorable black spiked hair, his blue eyes are illuminating. In the picture he's in a tiny pure black suit with a teal bow tie, he's holding hands with an adorable little girl with blonde, curled to perfection hair, her eyes a deep brown, she's smiling excitedly where as Adelram's smile shows that he's clearly embarrassed, feeling awkward yet happy. His cheeks are a light shade of red and his smile is big and nervous. For some reason I can't stop staring at this picture, Adelram nervous about being with a girl? Little Adelram is just so adorable, happy, innocent, everything Adelram's not. Ha! Man, I've got to remember to say that to him later.

"I know what you're thinking, 'no fair, where's his ugly preteen phase?' Never had one, gorgeous all my life" a familiar voice brags behind me. I turn around to see a smirking Adelram. He winks, taking a step towards me. I roll my eyes "You know you call yourself hot, but the only thing you turn on is a microwave" I retort. "Awe, up all night searching online for that one?" Adelram quips. "Awe, up all night giving yourself the action girls never will?" I snap.

Adelram narrows his eyes at me "I'll have you know that girls throw themselves at me daily" he brags. I let out a mocking laugh "you keep telling yourself that, but the only way you'll ever get laid is if you go up a chickens butt and wait." I retort. "Awe, it's so cute when you try to talk about things you'll never understand, sweetheart."  Adelram teases. I cross my arms and yawn "You know, I was really hoping for a battle of wits, but you look to be unarmed." I joke. Adelram grins at me and shakes his head "Whatever Princess, let's go see Mr. Komachi about your training." he says. A triumphant smile forms on my lips "Does that mean I won? I actually won a comeback battle against Ja-Adelram? I had the last word?" I question amazed. Adelram rolls his eyes at me "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I let you win. Now seriously, let's go." he says. The smile on my face doesn't leave as I merrily walk next to Adelram out the front door.

We step outside and I take a look around "How are we gonna get there?" I ask. "Cayden's car." Adelram informs as he spins the key ring around his finger "he said you could?" I ask. Adelram gives me a smirk "Yeah, sure, that's what we'll say." he chuckles, striding towards a shiny red Camaro with black rims on the hood. It's obvious he's lying, but I don't really care, to be honest. I'm just eager to get to Mr. Komachi, and get on with this whole thing.

"What happened to your Motorcycle?" I ask as we pull out of the driveway, driving down the street. "No outsider cars allowed." Adelram shrugs, watching the road as he speeds up to the extremely terrifying speed of two hundred miles an hour. "What are you doing? You're gonna get us killed!" I screech as I grip the side of my chair, and the handle above my head near the window. My nails digging into the leather, and my eyes nearly protruding from my skull, I grit my teeth, awaiting death.

Adelram only smirks as he pushes down harder on the gas petal. The car lurches forward speeding down the empty road at three hundred and fifty miles per hour, and gaining. "How is this car able to go this fast? Jake! Jake stop it! Stop!" I'm screaming but it's no use. I can feel my heart thumping wildly in my chest as the car zooms so fast that everything beside me is just lines of color. I can't bring my eyes to close as I stare wide eyed ahead. Suddenly Adelram jerks the car to the right, the car skids sideways before gaining balance and zooming ahead. "Jake stop the car or I'll hate you forever!" I threaten. Just then the car screeches to a stop.

I look over at Adelram surprised he stopped, does he really care about me hating him enough to stop? My heart warms at the thought and I smile at him "you stopped." I say softly, biting my lip. Adelram watches me for a moment, his eyes moving down to my lips. A strange expression washes over his face. He closes his eyes and when he opens them, he's smirking at me "Don't  get your panties in a bunch, we're here." he says opening his car door and getting out. Sitting here in my seat, my cheeks burning red in embarrassment. I open the door and step out, looking forward to see a small,-and I mean normal house size, small-brown house right on the outer rim of the woods, in a open, empty lot, surrounded by trees, blocking the rest of the world out.

"This is it?" I ask as I follow Adelram towards the small house. This isn't what I was expecting, I'm not really sure what I was expecting, a giant mansion like everyone else? Maybe a school, and he'd be like a teacher of sorts? A business? I'm really not sure, all I know is this little house far away from everyone else isn't what I was expecting at all. "Yup." Adelram replies shortly.

Adelram walks up the porch, and inside the house without knocking "What are you doing? What if he's naked?" I whisper yell at Adelram. He just laughs at me and keeps walking "This is breaking and entering you know." I whisper, Adelram ignores this. "We're committing a crime right now!" I whisper louder, again Adelram says nothing but laughs as he walks to the end of the hall. He opens the door and steps in without a word. "Jake!" I whisper waiting, no reply "Jake, I'm going to kill you." I growl. I anxiously step inside the room to see Adelram calmly looking at something. I follow his eyes over to a man sitting cross legged facing the wall. His long, pure white hair is put into a lazy pony tail, he's wearing a brown shirt and brown pants, his palms resting on his knees in a meditation pose.

"Adelram, Kamaria, I've been expecting you." A deep, clear voice, announces. It's weird but it's like his voice alone deserves respect and high authority, I know that sounds strange and doesn't make much sense, it's really one of those-you have to hear it to know what I'm talking about-things. I take a step back in surprise and look over at Adelram questioningly, but Adelram isn't paying me any attention, his eyes are on the man with a look of admiration showing in his expression.

He knows my name? Did Adelram talk to him before hand?

The man stands up and turns around, to reveal a long goatee, reaching down to his middle, the color matching his hair perfectly. He has kind, yet wise gray eyes, and a small smile lighting his features "Adelram, my greatest pupil, it's been many years since I've last seen your face." The man says fondly. A similar smile rests on Adelram's lips. "Mr Komachi, too long indeed, it's good to see you again." Adelram replies, bowing his head momentarily before lifting it back up.

Mr. Komachi looks over to me and steps forward "Ah, Kamaria Kendra, daughter of Elina Kendra, I've been waiting for your arrival for quite some time actually." he admits. Even though that's a pretty creepy line, the way that he spoke and the vibe he gives off didn't make it seem creepy or weird. "How did you know about my arrival? Have you and Ja-Adelram talked about me?" I inquiry hesitating on his name. Adelram looks over to me "Actually, Mr. Komachi can sort of see future events." Adelram explains. I quirk an eyebrow at this "So, he can see the future?" I ask. Adelram shakes his head lightly at this "No, not exactly, he can't see everything in the future, he just sees key events that are going to happen." he clarifies. I nod my head slowly "what does that have to do with him knowing my name and my mom's name? Those aren't exactly future events." I demand. "He can also see somebody's most important moments in their past, kind of like a movie, little clips of the most important things that have happened to that person " Adelram tells me. I bite my lip as I think his over, so he knows the past and the future? Man, that's cool.

Adelram looks back to Mr Komachi "So, I'm guessing you already know why we're here?" He questions, worrying his lip.

"You mean how you're here to convince me to break the second most enforced Eribiss rule and train a Outsider?" Mr Komachi pauses "Yes, I know why you're here." he speaks calmly.

Um what? Adelram never told me anything about it breaking the number some important rule. What if he gets in trouble? What if he doesn't even agree? Oh who am I kidding there's no way he'd help. Why would he care about breaking his world's rule to help a nobody like me?

If he doesn't help,  I don't know what I'm going to do. He's my only hope to survive Slyder and save Abi.

I can't take standing here nervously without knowing what's going on in his head. I probe gently into his mind...

Kamaria, I know you're in my head. I'm the one who taught Melina and Adelram to block their thoughts from beginner mind readers like you. Did you really think that would work?

I feel my cheeks flame as I quickly exit his mind and look to the floor. He's the one that taught Adelram to block me? That's why I can't read Adelram's mind?

"So you know why we're here, what's your answer?" Adelram asks anxiously. I squeeze my eyes shut as I wait for the-heart dropping refusal to help.

"I'll help train you." My eyes pop open at his words. I feel like a eight year old who just got told she's going to Disneyland. A large grin forms on my earlier frowning lips. He's really going to do it? He's going to train me? Excitement bubbles through my entire body as I jump up and down "Seriously?" I squeal out at full volume. I look over to see Adelram smiling gratefully. Mr Komachi chuckles "Yes, I agree to help teach you to use your abilities. You're incredibly powerful, your immense abilities could save thousands of lives, though it could destroy just as many. I have faith that you'll use your power for the greater good, what you do with your future I have yet to see, but I shall train you despite this." Mr Komachi declares.

His words scare me, I'm not sure what to do with them. How could I save thousands of lives? I push them aside as I feel my excitement intensify.

"Thank you so much!" I exclaim, running forward to give him a hug before I can stop myself. He chuckles again. I let go and bow "I won't let you down." I promise. A small smile lifts the corner of his lips "I know you won't." He says.

🔹🔹🔹

"You know, I'm on a serious time limit." I remind Mr Komachi through gritted teeth as kindly as I can, though I'm seriously annoyed, I've told him this like a thousand times and yet still all I'm doing is "breathing in nature". The old mans loony, I'm telling you, he may have been a good trainer back in the day, but he's totally bonkers now.

Listen to Mr Komachi, he knows what he's doing.

Adelram assures me telepathically as I shoot him an annoyed look. I close my eyes again and "breathe in nature". That's easy for him to say, he had him as a trainer before he lost his mind.

"Patience, the key to all great achievements is patience." Mr Komachi  advices. I bite my tongue to keep myself from saying "Yeah, well this isn't Karate Kid, I don't have time for 'wax on, wax off' I have to save my best friend before it's too late...if it isn't already". I shake the thought out of my head, it can't be too late, surely I'd have a feeling if the girl I grew up attached to for most of my life died. Just listen to the trainer, maybe he's has a small part of his sense left over from old age, I tell myself. I breathe in my nose and then out my mouth. I wonder if Mom-my thoughts are interrupted "you can't concentrate on nature if you're thinking about family, friends, and my senile brain" Mr Komachi informs me. I feel myself blush as guilt washes over me. I forgot he can read my mind...

I internally scream as I take another deep breath and try to empty my mind. I imagine a miniature version of myself picking up all of my scattered thoughts and eating them...weird I know, but it surprisingly works as crazy as it sounds. Soon my mind has forgotten all about mom, Abigail, Adelram, even Mr Komachi. All I think about as I breathe in and out is the sound of the wind whistling quietly in my ear, the ruffling of the leaves in the distance, the feel of grass poking lightly against my criss crossed legs, the smell of flowers and freshly cut grass, the feel of the wind lightly whipping little strands of my hairs out of its ponytail.

Good, you've focused on nature, now block all of your senses out and focus only on the moon. The thoughts enter my mind, I instantly know it's Mr Komachi.

The moon? The moon, the moon, the moon...where is the moon even at? I peak my eyes open to look up at the sky, trying to locate its whereabouts.

Don't loose your focus Kamaria. Where the moon is at, is of no importance. Your job is to feel the moon , not to see it. I furrow my eyebrows as I try to find the moon. You know on books and movies they always make this type of weirdo stuff seem easy, so easy that I'm usually screaming at the book or tv screen 'come on! Just do what your master said!' But it's actually a lot harder than it sounds. My eyes are closed, I can't see the sky, I can't feel the moon, and if I open my eyes, my concentration will be gone.

Calm down, you know what the moon feels like. All you have to do is concentrate on remembering the feeling of the moon shining on you during the night, then use that to find it in the day. He makes this sound easy, natural even.

Oh is that all? I think sarcastically. I roll my eyes behind my closed eye lids. I'm sorry, I'm really not normally like this, I'm just frustrated and scared of losing Abigail.

I block out all of these thoughts and try to do as I was instructed. I think back to what it felt like that day at Secreuni, when I was running home, I had grabbed at the moon's power to gain some speed. Then I think about just last night when I had been in the woods, sure that Adelram was Slyder, I had used the moon's power even though I couldn't feel it shining down on me,  How did I feel? Despite everything that had been going on, I was surprisingly calmed, and relaxed, yet strengthened and powerful. I felt like no matter what happened, I could get out of the mess if I just borrowed the moons power.

Okay I know what it feels like, now I just have to use that to find the moon.

I focus on my surroundings and grabbing the one thing that makes me feel all of that. I search around but it's like looking for a strand of hay in a stack of needles,...blind folded. I can't see, I can't feel, I just feel silly. How am I supposed to 'find the moon' by remembering how I felt when it was night time? Emphasize on the night time. The moon isn't even shining, the sun is; so how am I supposed to feel an object that isn't there?

Take a deep breath, don't over think it. If you calm down and concentrate, you'll find what you're looking for.

Mr Komachi sounds so sure that I can do this. I follow his Instructions and take a long, deep breath in through my nose and out through my mouth, pushing away all of my doubts, annoyance, and disbelief. I can do this, Adelram trusts Mr Komachi, he knows what he's doing, he knows what he's talking about.

I refocus on the feeling I get when I feel the moon on me, then I hold onto that as I search for that feeling somewhere around me. After what feels like forever, I grasp something, its small, easily mistaken for nothing, but I feel it. I concentrate entirely on that one small thing until it becomes something much bigger. I can feel it pouring down its power on me and I immediately know that it's the moon. I smile a victorious smile to myself as I continued focusing on the moon. Soon it's unbelievable that I hadn't felt it before, its strong, powerful, and enormous.

Good job Kamaria. Now use the power it's sharing with you to gain strength. Open your eyes and I'll show you how to use your abilities as you accept the moon's light.

Slowly I open my eyes, making sure I don't lose focus on the moon. I blink a few times as I see Adelram smirking lightly at me. I look over to Mr Komachi "Stand up." he instructs gently. I do as I'm told. "Now as you're focusing on the moon, make sure you're not only accepting its power, but sharing your own. The moon needs to receive energy and power back, otherwise it will restrain from giving you its full power." I furrow my eyebrows at his words, it sounds like a whole lot of gibberish, but I obey anyways. Closing my eyes for a moment to 'share my power' I imagine rolling a small ball of my power around on the power filled floor and rolling it around, the ball growing bigger, just like when making a snowman. I imagine myself putting the heavy ball onto a catapult and flinging it towards the moon. It all feels kind of silly, and I'm sure I'm not doing it right, that is until I suddenly feel an astonishing amount of power being pushed into me.

I pop open my eyes and look wide eyed at Mr Komachi as I feel myself physically and mentally strengthen. Mr Komachi gives me a small smile and nods "You feel the growing power, correct?" He asks. I nod my head.

"Good, now I want you to use that power to move a pebble" Mr Komachi instructs. I quirk an eyebrow at him. Seriously? I don't need frickin moon power to move a pebble, I already know how to move a pebble! I give him a blank look. If he's a sexiest pig and thinks that girls are so weak that they need moon power to move a pebble, so help me God I will- before I can finish my infuriating thought, Adelram's telepathy interrupts

A quiet laugh that I know well as Adelram's plays in my head calm down there Princess, Mr Komachi knows that you can move over a pebble with your hands, he means with your mind.

Say what now? Hold the phone, shut the front door, hang on just a minute, okay now...say what? I made myself pretty clear right? I can't do telekinesis, reading others mind is the limit for my brain abilities. I can't move things with my mind, that's above my capacity. I'm almost panicked.

"Don't think about it, just focus on one particular pebble, use the power the moon is giving you and push over the pebble." Mr Komachi instructs.

I look doubtfully at him but I give it a try anyways. I look down at the ground and find a small, teeny tiny pebble. I squint my eyes at it as I absorb the moon's power. Move, move over, move, at least budge you stupid piece of crap good for nothing rock! I scream inside my mind at the motionless pebble. Frustrated, I stomp my feet, making the pebble roll over "there I did it" I growl looking over to see a laughing Adelram and a disappointed Mr Komachi.

"Can you just teach me something else? Something that I can actually do?" I beg Mr Komachi. "You can do this Kamaria, you're just not allowing yourself to. You have the ability to do it, you just don't have the faith. That is why you'll be out here until you do it" without another word Mr Komachi turns around and walks his old, shriveled, wrinkly self into the house...okay that was a bit of an exaggeration, after all he stands up perfectly straight, he doesn't have many wrinkles, and he only looks to be around the age of sixty, but still, saying all of that sounded a lot cooler than the truth, then again most things do.

Adelram gives me a small smirk and walks over to me "you have a lot of doubt in him and yourself you know" he says. I roll my eyes as I sit down crosslegged on the ground, Adelram follows suit. "I know, I'm just so...frustrated" I say putting my face into my hands. "Hey, it's alright" Adelram's soft voice assures as he wraps his arm around my shoulders, sending a shiver up my spine. "I know you just want to learn your powers and go save Abigail, but it's a lot easier said than done. It takes time, but you'll get there, I promise it's not that hard once you realize that you can do it, and its within you." he assures me, giving my arm a squeeze. I lift my head from my hands and rest it on Adelram's shoulder "thanks." I say quietly. I breathe in his peppermint-orange smell and smile. Suddenly I freeze as a thought comes to mind.

"Jak-Adelram?" I say nervously.

"Yeah?" Adelram questions.

"Earlier you said something in my head, just like your mom can do and Komachi an I...does that mean you can,...read my mind?" I ask silently begging he denies this.

Adelram instantly tenses up. After a moment of silence, he gives my forehead a kiss, his soft lips sending chills down my arms. "Of course not Princess" he says the words I was begging to hear, but as he spoke them, his voice was full of mischief and his eyes had a small mysterious twinkle in them. I gulp loudly as panic runs through me, I try to think of all the embarrassing thoughts I've had since I met Adelram, but there's too many. With that he stands up and smirks at me, giving me a wink. He walks inside leaving me out here feeling confused, embarrassed, and bereft.

I only allow myself to dwell on that terrifying thought for another five minutes before I push it out of my mind, I look down at the tiny pebble in front of me and stare at it with every ounce of hate I can muster "you listen here little pebble, I'm not allowed to do anything until I move you with my freaking mind. We both no that ain't happenin', so what do you say you stop being a selfish, lazy, flard (fat lard) and you scoot your little butt over, mmk?" I demand. But guess what? The stupid little pebble just sat on its lazy arse and didn't move. "I figured as much." I mumble.

🔹🔹🔹

"You stupid little rock! Move your fat arse over so that I can move on with my life!" I scream at the unmoving pebble in front of me. I've been screaming at this worthless little thing for the past hour and it's still hasn't moved even half of a half of an inch!

I fall back onto the grass and let out a loud, infuriated scream.

It's doing it on purpose, the pebble I mean, it's purposely trying to aggravate me.

I bet Adelram and Mr Komachi are inside watching me through the window, probably sipping tea and laughing as they enjoy me slowly going insane. I glare at the window and flip it off.

🔹🔹🔹

"Please, please Hellen, please move your selfish little arse over, please. I'll give you anything you want. I'll give you all my money, I'll give you my car, I'll give you my freaking eyeballs I don't care, just move over, even if it's just half an inch, please" I beg Hellen as I sit on my knees, my hands clasped together. But even after all of that begging, guess what? the fat ugly whore still doesn't move.

Yes I named the pebble, I named it Hellen, and you know why I named it Hellen? Because it's putting me through hell!

It's been three hours-which I only know because of Adelram's annoying little telepathic announcements-now of me staring pointlessly at the stupid whore and it's still won't move it's ugly arse over

🔹🔹🔹

"You know you're really pretty Hellen, you have gorgeous blue-gray skin, and you're so soft, plus rocks are so gonna dig the whole 'I'm small enough to fit anywhere' deal" I flatter.

Turns out flattery doesn't work for the selfish imbecile either.

Freaking five hours and I haven't had it move even slightly. My butt is sore from sitting on this ground, I'm hungry as can be, I'm thirsty, I'm angry, I have to pee, and I'm about three seconds away from falling apart.

🔹🔹🔹

"Alright, I've had enough of this, it's been six hours, six hours and you still haven't moved for me, I'm getting real sick of your attitude you little bit-" my threatening growls are interrupted when a voice fills me head.

While it has been very entertaining watching you completely loose all of your sense, and I really wanted you to figure it out on your own, it's getting late and I'm getting tired, being the old man I am.

The moon is shinning down on you, it's not a full moon, but it almost is. Focus on the moon, share your power with it and consume all of the power it gives you. Use that power as you concentrate on the pebble. Don't tell 'Hellen' to move, you must move it yourself.

Think about it like how you would pick it up with your hand, just instead of your hand use your brain.

And most of all, trust yourself, trust your strength, trust your ability, believe in yourself.

Mr Komachi instructs. I feel myself blush deeply as anger and embarrassment rushes over me, but I push down those feelings and close my eyes, doing as Mr Komachi told me to.

I take in a deep breath through the nose and out through the mouth as I focus on the feeling of the moon shining on me. I share some of my powers with the moon like I had done earlier to feel an incredible amount of power pouring down on me.

I smile a little to myself. This feeling is indescribable, its strong, powerful, immense. I then concentrate on the little tiny pebble in front of me. I imagine my mind growing an invisible arm and lifting the small rock. Right before my eyes the pebble lifts up off the ground  and floats in front of my eyes. My jaw falls down as a victorious smile fills my lips. "Stupid Hellen" I mumble before flinging the pebble far far off to somewhere I can't even see.

I begin squealing very loudly as I do a little happy dance. Fulfillment and satisfaction wash over me as Adelram comes walking out, pride and adornment written clearly on his face. Overcome with excitement I run forward and grab Adelram into a tight, happy hug. He chuckles lightly as he hugs me back "I told you to trust him." I don't know what to say to that annoying truth so I just hug him tighter, resting my face in the curve of his neck, breathing in his beautiful scent.

After a moment I pull away to see Mr Komachi giving us a knowing look. I don't even know what he's knowing, but he's definitely looking at us knowingly. "Great job Kamaria" Mr Komachi compliments. I smile sweetly at his and thank him for his help "I'm sorry for being so rude, will you still teach me more tomorrow?" I ask hopefully. He offers a small smile "Just make sure you come with a better attitude, and that you remind me who you are, after all, I'm so old and senile I forget things." Mr Komachi hints before turning around and going inside.

I cringe a little feeling guilty for everything I said about him, but the feeling is soon gone when I see Adelram grinning down at me "You did amazing Princess." he compliments making me blush. "You weren't watching me the whole time were you?" I ask mentally praying that he hadn't been. Adelram smirks down at me "Of course not Princess" he assures repeating his exact words earlier when I asked if he could read my mind "Jake!" I exclaim only making him laugh as we walk to his car.

Great, Adelram has most likely heard every thought I've ever meant not to think. Man I wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I know this chapter is pretty uneventful, but I just thought I'd show you that it did take her time to learn, so that it didn't seem unreal.

6,800+ words, woo I'm proud of myself!

Anyhoodle, I hope you like what I wrote, I'd appreciate feedback.

Please comment, read, vote, and promote!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 5 8
I had never fit in anywhere. If you had white hair and freakishly bright silver eyes, that people swear swirls sometimes, that'd be a pretty difficul...
387 49 23
Drifting through the days with her group of friends, Sammy only cared about escaping it all with the help of casual sex, drugs, and alcohol until she...
117 1 10
She went to her room and locked herself inside the room. She slowly sat down and started crying, ''why does this always happen to me?" she said while...
11.9K 1.1K 34
"What's wrong with you?" I asked, finally tired with his annoying stares. "What's your deal with Lucas?" He asked back, gritting his teeth. Geez what...