I Don't Like Bad Boys

By ThatChickCanWrite

Her name is Serenity Renolds and she screams nerd. She's also captain of her school's volleyball team and...b... More

I Don't Like Bad Boys
Meet Your House Buddy
Rough Week
Knocked Out
Back To School
The Pain Unbearable
Paradise
OverSeas
New York City
I Shopped Alittle Too Much
Ma'am Please Let Go Of Her Weave!
Named After Him
Many Things Scare Me
Together
Wedding Day
Boys and Body Heat
The End.
EPILOGUE
I Don't Like Bad Boys~TATEN'S POV~
Long Time No See!
Hate to bother you again BUT..
If you're still here...

Win The Championships!

3.1K 87 1
By ThatChickCanWrite

Chapter 8:Win The Championships

Serenity Renolds

When Taten and I left the fabulous beach house,I thought our relationship was on the right track.Like gumdrops and rainbows,but you can’t have a rainbow without rain.

I’ve locked myself in my room again and haven’t responded to Savannah since the day I came back.

We decided to go to a club on our last day(shocker)and Taten got me drunk.I ended up dancing with some guy and Taten yelled at the guy and threw a few punches.We were both kicked out of the club,tripping tipsily on the  concrete and we both started yelling mindlessly at each other.But that was never the worst part,he left the beach house after he awkwardly dropped me off,driving to god knows where.(I thought)

Turns out he-ugh let me just flashback.

~*~

Flashback

Two days ago…

“Where have you been?”I yelled at him the next morning,”I waited hours for you to get home!”

“How about you get out of my business and PACK!”He yelled back just with more fiery.

“Why are you avoiding the subject?”I asked suspiciously.

“Im not avoiding it.”He rolled his eyes and pushed past me to go up the stairs.

“Taten stop.”I sighed.

“I went to a strip club and I…”He said finally,but trailing off.

I was speechless.He went to a strip club and what…please don’t tell me.

He watched me over carefully,loosing some tension in his eyes.

“And what?”I asked,daring him to answer.

“And I did-“

“I can’t believe you!You bastard!”I interrupted him and ran up the stairs.I felt his fingertips almost grasp my shirt,but I was fast enough to shut the door and lock it.I was glad then that I had my suitcase packed and ready.And at this point,I didn’t even wanna look at Taten so I called Savannah.

“Savannah I know we haven’t talked in forever,but please come pick me up.”I explained,wincing at the sound of Taten’s banging on the door.

“What?Why?What’s going on?”She asked frantically.

“Please Savannah.I’l explain it later.”I whined.

“Alright,get a taxi and I'll meet you at the closest bus stop to home.”She responded.

“I love you Savan.”

“Smeh.”

I hung up the phone and noticed the banging ended and I heard fiddling in the drawers downstairs.I took the desk chair and shoved it under the door knob.

I looked down at the necklace Taten gave me earlier in the trip.It was a simple,metal heart and I took it off,lying it on the bed.

“Crap.How am I gonna get out?”I muttered.

And then it hit me.

In the movies and books,people got out of their rooms by balcony with a rope or blankets tied together.

So,I took blankets from the closet and made a rope.

“Im so brilliant.”I smiled.

I went on the balcony with my suitcase tied to the make-shift rope and carefully lowered my suit case down.After yanking the blanket,the suitcase fell with a small clunk and I tied the end of the rope to the balcony.

I rubbed my exposed shoulders since my black long sleeve was cut there and breathed slowly.

Here goes nothing…or my life.I thought.

I climbed down the rope slowly,but effortlessly and surprisingly it worked.

I called a taxi that happened to be passing by and hopped in.

“Where to?”He asked.

“The bus stop at Carmello please.”I replied.

Carmello wasn’t to far,just a 20 minute drive,but the taxi driver wasn’t thrilled.

After arriving at the bus stop,I handed him 20 dollars and a 8 dollar tip.

He smiled with a gap in the spot a front tooth is supposed to be and drove off.

I waited for my bus impatiently and sprung to life when I saw it turn the corner.

Hopping on the bus,I felt bad for Taten who probably got into the room by now,seeing my necklace,not knowing where I was,but I pushed it away.

The bus drive was gonna be an hour and a half so I sat back and relaxed.

I stayed awake for the whole ride,waiting eagerly to get off.When we arrived at the station,just an hour away from where I lived,Savannah was already there.Her arms were crossed and her long hair down.She was looking at every bus window until her eyes meant mine and she mouthed,”Get your butt out here.”

I got up and breathed a sigh of relief now that I was gonna be home.

“Hey.”I greeted her.

She rolled her eyes and motioned to follow her.

When we got in her car she gave me a look that said,’Tell me or I’m never gonna let it go.’

I gulped and hesitated.I wasn’t ready to say what he did to us,did to me aloud.

“I’d rather not talk about it now.”I sighed.

“You’re going to eventually you know.”She gave up.

“I know.”I looked down at my toes.

The hour in the car was full of tension.

None of us uttered a word and Savannah only talked to me to ask me what I wanted to order when we pulled up at some old drive-in.

~*~

Present time

When I got home,I acted like everything was fine until I got into my room.

He cheated on you.My conscious said.

And that made me cry harder.

After my tears started to settle down,I examined myself in the mirror.

My eyes were red and my face puffy.My makeup smeared and my hair sticking up in places.

You look like crap.My conscious laughed.

I rolled my red eyes and started to wash my face.

“Dinner Serenity!”My mom yelled as I finished looking at my face.

The puffiness was a lot less and my eyes were not red.

“What’s wrong with you hair?”My mom said eyeing me crazily.

“I-uh took a nap.”I lied easily.

“Mhm.Go ahead and cut yourself a slice of lasagna.”She smiled,pointing at the pan with the spoon she was using to stir the salad.

I sat down,across from my mom and chowed down.

“Slow down.Eat some salad.”My mom joked.

I put on a fake smile and scooped some leafy greens onto my plate and grimaced.

“Don’t use that ugly face my darling.”My mother said,earning an eye roll.

“Im not.I just hope you used salad dressing and not tarter sauce.Greens and tarter sauce don’t exactly GO together.”I huffed.

~*~

“Savannah for the fifth time I don’t wanna talk.”I yawned.

“It’s early.WAY earlier than your parents will ever wake up so they won’t overhear.Now spill.Spill the whole damn can of processed beans served by the cafeteria!”

I giggled before she gave me a stern look and stopped immediately.

“Ugh,”I groaned,”We were arguing…”And here’s the part I tell her about the events taking place piece by piece,adventure by adventure.

“Wow.”

“Wow?Thats all!?!”

“You guys are just a bunch of gold with lust.”She said making a ‘tsk tsp’ sound.

“Gold with lust?”

“You heard me!”

“Um okay?”

“So what are you gonna do?”

“Nothing.I think we’re not meant to be.”I said sighing.

“You are!Stop being a negative nally!”

“A negative nally?”

“I needed something that started with an ’n’.”

“Whatever.I gotta get up and get ready for volleyball now."

It’s been ages since I’ve been to volleyball.

One,the coach was sick so we’ve missed on quite a few tournaments,there were occasionally breaks,and now we’re back on schedule.

“Ohhh who’s the next ‘threat’?”Savannah said,using her fingers to make air quotes.

“Ehh our rival team Pacific Vista.No biggie.”I shrugged.

“No biggie?!Are you kidding?They’ve been practicing while your team hasn’t.Goodluck to you.”

~*~

“Bye mom!”I yelled from the front door.

“Bye honey love you!Goodluck!Win the championships!”

“Love you too!”

I kicked open the door that was slightly open from Savannah’a usual dramatic exit and skipped like a child to her car.

“Ready to kick PVH’s ass?”

“Yup.”I replied popping the ‘p’.

We drove to Pacific Vista Highschool,our rival,our worst enemy.

My team warmed up as Savannah took her usual seat near the court.

“Who’s gonna win?!”I yelled at my team.

“WE ARE!”They roared back.

“HOW ARE OUR CHANCES?!”I yelled again.

“HELLA GOOD!”The yelled back even more feisty than the last.

We entered the gym after our team chant and were met by roars of cheer and roars of boo’s.

I smiled even at Pacific Vista’s obnoxious and cocky students.

My blue uniform hugged my body as Pacific Vista’s team strolled in.

Their red uniforms being easily noticeable,but quite ugly when you realized the stripes are grey and not black.

“Ready to loose?”The captain,Amber hissed.

“Or ready to celebrate.I like the sound of that better.”I replied faking a weak smile.

She turned around after making a ‘humph’ sound.

~*~

The whistle signaled the beginning of the game and my palms were already sweaty.

It was our serve after a coin toss and my best server hit it over the net the first time.

After battling it out,we were ahead 2 points and already won the first game.

Just as I was about to serve the ball,none other than Taten Rosenfield swaggered in and I felt anger rise in me.

I took the ball and it served it over the net,hard and it just happened to spike Amber in the head.

“We won!”One of my members screamed.

They lifted me off the ground and onto their shoulders,chanting until interrupted by ‘We Are The Champions’.

I laughed and we all went into the back room.

“Good game.”The coach from the opposite team or PVH said to our coach.

I looked at everyone around me,their eyes wide.

“Um..thankyou.”Coach said obviously shocked.

~*~

“Why am I always dragged to a party?”I said exasperatedly.

“You’re celebrating your win.DUH there’s gonna be a party.”Savannah rolled her eyes,pelting clothing from my closet,not looking where she was throwing.

“Savan stop,my floor.”I grumbled.

“Oh shush.”

“Here’s your outfit.”

“Ok,I’ll shut up now.”

~*~

“Ayyy!Team captain’s here!”Someone shouted causing everyone to erupt in cheers as I walked in.

“Hi.”I said shyly to people who greeted me by my name that I had no idea of theirs.

“Here’s a drink.Drink it up!Let’s party!”One of my team members said.

I gulped and looked at Savannah.

She nodded so I chugged it down.

Boy this will be a long night.

~*~END OF CHAPTER 8

Hey guys!

Here's an update!Woop!

So things got heated.

Don't hate me forever because my story rules!

Whale,I'm gonna get food and go to sleep.

HOPEFULLY I'll update my story this weekend!

Bye!

Picture of Serenity's outfit to the party on the side -->>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

257K 8.1K 50
Bad girl of the school, Faye Lenards, is in for a ride when she gets partnered with the infamous bad boy, Paxton Lenox. Annoyed at all of his smart c...
145K 3.1K 31
COMPLETED (but editing) Let's talk illegal. When you think of the word illegal, you probably think Theft, Rape, Murder, But have you ever thought of...
26.6K 1.2K 51
Achievements: #66 in New out of 1000+ stories #62 in Exciting out of 1000+ stories #441 in Playboy out of 1000+ stories #448 in Protective out of 100...
2.3M 46.6K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...