Handcuffed Billionaire

By MemoirsofaGeisha

The handcuffed series book 1. Marc Paxton, one of the wealthiest men in the world and the CEO of Paxton Corp... More

0. Favour
1. Release
2. Raging Hormones
3. Do we have a deal?
4. Game set, matched & destroyed
5. Business as usual
6. Natalía Accosi everybody
7. PR is what I do
8. Visit from the boss
9. Overboard
10. I had her first
11. Be mine
12. It's on
13. Caught...red-handed
14. Payback's a bitch called Natalía
15. The Accosi's
16. Antonio lets go
18. For old time sake
19. A little more...human
20. Apology Accepted
21. Nihon (Japan)
22. Calm before the storm
23. A little...Hysterical
24. Put her down
25. Past and present
26. Bad decision
27. A perfect day
28. Plotting and scheming
29. Power couple
30. Friendly competition
31. Set up
32. BANG! You're dead
33. The handcuffed billionaire
34. A brief moment
35. The winners are...
Epilogue

17. Jealousy rears its head

50.2K 1.5K 35
By MemoirsofaGeisha

17. Jealousy rears its head

Marc
What the hell happened last night? The details were a bit a foggy. I knew there was something I should be remembering, but unfortunately my alcohol induced brain just couldn't remember. I rolled over and slowly opened my eyes. That was strange? I never slept on my stomach. What was even stranger was that I was sleeping in a shirt.

The sudden unsteady feeling in the pit of my stomach made me aware that I needed to empty the contents of my stomach. I bolted to the bathroom and quickly dry heaved into the toilet. After my less than graceful awakening, I cleaned myself. After clearing the remaining sleep from my eyes I got a good look around my bathroom. My clothes from last night was scattered across the floor, and there in my enormous shower was a dress. A dress that I knew didn't belong to me.

"What the...James?" I exited my room with the intention of getting some well deserved answers. "James, what the hell happened last night? Why is there a woman's dress in my shower?" He looked up from the paper he was reading. "I guess you were really drunk after all. Have a seat." He went to the refrigerator and took out something. He got a bowl from the cupboard and started transferring the contents from the container to the bowl. His back was turned so I couldn't really see what it was. "What are you doing?" He put the bowl into the microwave and waited for it to heat up. "As to what happened last night, I couldn't tell you. I left the club early remember? It was only when I came here I became aware of the fact you were drunk. Can you imagine my shock at hearing such news? The great Marc Paxton actually got drunk."

"I wasn't drunk," I grumbled under my breath. "Yeah, keep telling yourself that." The aroma that assaulted my nose was one I hadn't smelled in years. "Is that..."

"Chicken soup, compliments of one Ms. Natalía." The spoon stopped halfway to my mouth. "Natalía was here?" He nodded. "You're telling me that Natalía cooked this?" He nodded once again. The laughter that erupted from me could be heard all over the building. "You must have been drunker than I was, mate. You are telling me that Natalía Accosi, heiress to the Birke foundation, sole owner of Accosi's International Concept, former model and wife of one of the richest men in Europe cooked this?" I took a taste unable to resist the tempting aroma any more. It was good. I savoured the taste before drinking some more. Definitely homemade.

"Are you sure Natalía made this?"
"How many times do I have to repeat myself? I was here when she made it."
"Are you sure it was her? 5 feet 9 inches tall, blonde hair, blue eyes?"
"Just drink your damn soup!"
"It's really good. You should try some."
"Already did."
"I still don't believe Natalía made this. That woman hates cooking. I'm not even sure she knows how to cook."
"Well she did. She's also the one that brought you home last night, gave you a shower and put you to bed. You should be thanking her." I guess that explains the dress in the shower. "So that's Natalía's dress in the shower?"
"Man you really were out of it. I assume it's hers. She left here in one of your shirts. You really don't remember any of this?"
"I wish I did."

We sat in silence while I finished the rest of my soup. My mind kept wondering to last night. Why couldn't I remember anything that happened?

"Good, you're eating. At least you know how to do something right."
"When did you get here?"
"She has a key."
"She has a key? Why does she have a key to your apartment?" I shrugged. "She probably has a key to your apartment in London as well."

"Ha ha very funny. Good morning to you both. This I believe belongs to you." She handed me my shirt. "I'm just going to go get my dress." James eyed me when she walked off. "She has a key to your apartment, and she's going into your bedroom. Who are you and what have you done with my best friend?"
"Excuse me a minute." I left James mumbling to himself.

"I guess I should thank you for last night," I said leaning against the bathroom door. "You're welcome."
"And you made me soup."
"Once again, you're welcome." She quickly collected her dress and brushed past me. "Oh." She dug around in her shorts pocket. "Your keys." I caught them without any difficulty thanks to my quick reflexes. "You drove my car?"
"How else was I supposed to get home?"
"You know I never let anyone drive my cars right?"
"Well we're even then, considering I did take you home, showered you, put you to bed and made chicken soup for you."

I held on to her hand preventing her from moving any further away from me. "Thank you Natalía. I really do appreciate it."
"Well I couldn't let Yuki take you home. You probably would have ended up in bed together."
"What did you say?" She was mumbling to herself. "Nothing. I have to go. I'll see you at the party later. Do you have a date?"
"No actually."
"You don't have a date?"
"I am single after all."
"Well I'll see you tonight."
"You're coming with your husband right?" She smiled. "Yes."

I let go of her arm not wanting to delay anymore. Or maybe it was the fact that I got a little jealous after hearing that. "Thanks again for everything." She nodded and left the bedroom. I stayed rooted to the same spot for about five minutes. But voices in the kitchen had me dragging myself in that direction.

"What are you doing here? How did you even know where to come?"
"I got the directions from James."
"Of course you did. And what brings you by today Yuki?"
"I came to check on Marc."
"I'm fine Yuki. Thanks for asking." She came over to me. "I was worried because I wanted to take you home last night, but Natalía insisted that she be the one to do it."
"Did she now?"

"I know how much you detest people you are not familiar with in your apartment. And since I'm familiar with your apartment I thought it would be best if I took you home."
"But Marc and I are familiar with each other. That's what I was trying to tell you last night."
"Well I don't care."
"What's your problem Natalía?"
"Me? I don't have a problem. I'll just leave you all to your bonding time." She left without another word. She was acting really strange today. Did I say something I shouldn't have last night?

"I hear there's a party tonight."
"Yes. It's a welcome party for all the new employees. How about you be my date?"
"Really?"
"Mmm. It's a black and white affair. Do you think you have anything to wear?"

"Are you really asking her that? She came here with four suitcases just for a few days visit." I laughed. One wouldn't expect any less from Yuki Matsumoto. "Leave your address before you go. I'll pick you up at around seven." She squealed. "This is going to be so much fun."

**************
"You might want to go easy on the champagne there, mate. People are starting to stare."
"Do I look like I give a flying fuck?" I don't know what I was thinking when I brought Yuki to this party. She was beautiful, yes I admit that. But she was also annoying and clueless. She knew nothing about business and refuses to keep her mouth shut. I took another glass of champagne from a passing waiter. This was going to be a long night.

"Whew, look who's here." My eyes followed his to the two people that had just entered. Both of them dressed to impress. They wore white. Natalía's dress was short, and there didn't seem to be any space between her skin and the material. Her hair was pulled back from her face and you could see the bright red lipstick she wore from across the room. The husband was a looker too. I'd give him that. The female employees were eating him up with their eyes. Could they be anymore thirsty? Gosh. They made their way over and greetings were exchanged.

"Yuki, I didn't know you were coming."
"I'm Marc's date."
"Oh? How, nice." She took a glass of champagne and gulped it down.

"Wow Natalía, you look nice."
"Thank you James." She did a little spin for him and I noticed her dress didn't have much of a back. Was she trying to kill me? "You look quite dashing yourself."

"The party turned out quite nice, Marc."
"Yes, I agree." The husband whispered something in her ear, she nodded and he disappeared. "So are you two officially back together now?" What the hell was Yuki up to? "Were we ever truly apart?"
"I hope you guys work it out. You two seem perfect for each other."

"Yes, I agree. You two do seem quite...perfect," I drawled. "Yuki, would you like to dance?"
"Oh I'd love to!" The entire time I was dancing with Yuki I kept an eye on Natalía. She was having a discussion with James. What they were taking about so intently I'd have to find out later. I shared maybe two or three dances with Yuki. During that time Natalía went around greeting people and having brief discussions with them. She acted like a true socialite. The way she smiled, the way she moved and even the way people welcomed her showed me that side of her. They seemed almost eager to converse with her. She even dragged her husband into a few conversations, which everyone seemed glad about.

"Could I borrow this lovely lady for a dance?" All yours bro. James really knew how to read my moods. I left Yuki in his capable hands and wondered around until I was by Natalía's table. "Excuse me. Could I borrow this lovely lady for a dance?" I extended my hand to her and everyone oohhed and aahhed. We made our way to the dance floor, none of us saying anything. She placed her palm in mine and I wrapped my arm around her pulling her close.

"You look lovely."
"Thank you."
"Why are you in such a bad mood today?"
"I'm not in a bad mood," she grumbled. "Are you really going to deny that you are?"
"I have my reasons."
"Would one of those reasons be Yuki?"
"What? No. I don't have a problem with Yuki."
"As long as she's not hanging around me you mean."
"Right. Wait what? No, that came out wrong." I smiled. "You know, I remembered something from last night."
"Oh? And what's that?"
"I remember you saying something along the lines of you having feelings for me."
"I said no such thing."
"Then why are you blushing?"
"I'm not blushing. I'm just a little flushed from our dancing."
"Of course you are."

"Anyway, there are some things I have to tell you. But I can't tell you here. I'll stop by after the party."
"Okay." We were finishing up our dance. "Oh, and will you do me a favour?"
"What's that?"
"Stop being so jealous of Antonio. It's quite obvious and you have no reason to be." She walked away with a mischievous smile on her face. I didn't even get to deny it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.6K 1.9K 28
Nothing in Genevieve Nolan's life is going her way. She was supposed to get married in a week but that was before she caught her fiancé cheating on h...
117K 3.9K 18
Issabella Vasquez used to be Bullied in school. Not fat just chubby. you couldn't really tell because she wore over sized t shirts and blue jeans. O...
43.6M 1.5M 91
Damien Stryker is a ruthless billionaire, but when Serena Mclane is forced to marry him, she hopes to find the mercy behind his cold eyes and strong...
1.1M 39.1K 45
Can be read as a STAND ALONE BOOK! "Sign!" He demanded. A signature. Just a signature's gonna change both our lives. My decision might make OR ruin...