The Mega Man: Legend

By MorganFReeW

The year 20XX. An ordinary kid for as long as he can remember. He's done what everyone else has done, and he... More

Ch. 1 Rock
Ch. 2 Rock Pt. 2
Ch. 3 Rock Part 3
Ch. 4 Roll Part 1
Ch. 5 Roll Part 2
Ch. 6 The Ice Man Cometh Part 1
Ch. 7 The Iceman Cometh Part 2
Ch. 8 The Ice Man Cometh Part 3
Ch. 9 Rock Jump Over the Candlestick Part 1
Ch. 10 Rock Jump Over the Candlestick Part 2
Ch. 11 Candlestick Part 3
Ch. 12 Deadlocked Part 1
Ch. 14 Deadlocked Part 3
Ch. 15 The Good, the Yellow, and the Wily
Ch. 16 The Robot Masters
Ch. 17 The Robot Masters Part 2
Ch. 18 The Robot Masters Part 3
Ch. 19 Spearpoint Part 1
Ch. 20 Spearpoint Part 2
Ch. 21 Spearpoint Part 3
Ch. 22 Spearpoint Part 4
Ch. 23 Spearpoint Part 5
Ch. 24: Eight is Greater Than Six
Ch. 25 Bubble Wrapped Part 1
Ch. 26 Bubble Wrapped Part 2
Ch. 27 Heat Stroke Part 1
Ch. 28 Heat Stroke Part 2
Ch. 29 Heat Stroke Part 3
Ch. 30 If a Tree Falls in the Woods
Ch. 31 Does it Make a Sound?
Ch. 32 Cold Front
Ch. 33 Crash and Burn
Ch. 34 Flash Bang
Ch. 35 Full Metal Face-Off
Ch. 36 Run Run Rockman
Ch. 37 The True Masters Part 1
Ch. 38 The True Masters Part 2
Ch. 39 The True Masters Part 3
Ch. 40 The True Masters Part 4

Ch. 13 Deadlocked Part 2

228 6 5
By MorganFReeW

  My stomach shot up into my throat. A thousand thoughts started spinning through my head. While some of them were things like, "I can't believe I let robot masters walk into this place," or "Oh my gosh I just put this girl I just met in life threatening peril," but most of them were more along the lines of "Errh. Doh. Oh..." 

People began to panic, and several got up and ran for the exit. The larger guy smiled, and pulled out a freakin bomb, and hurled it over their heads. It landed in the doorway out, causing it to cave in, and the people were forced out.

"Ah ah ah!" Orange guy waved a finger. "Nobody's leaving yet. We came here for some fun! And we're gonna get it."

He sighed. "Of course, I'm being rude. Hello, all. Nice to meet you. I am Cut Man, and this here is Bomb Man. We are the last two robot masters under orders of Doctor Wily. Surely you've heard of him. And surely you've heard that there's a certain blue boy who seems to think he's some sort of big shot, and has been getting in Wily's way. Well, this time, we're gonna change things up, Mega Man. A formal challenge! Me and Bomb Man..." He almost looked directly at me. "And you."

He continued again. "Oh, and you think two on one is unfair? You should have thought about that before you kicked the cans of four of our brothers. You had this coming. If any of these people want to leave, it'll be after watching you get cut to pieces."

Bomb Man rolled his eyes, and a few people winced a little at the pun. 

"We're waiting, Mega Man! Go ahead. Try us."

He stood proudly on the spot for a moment. He looked around a little, and then added, "There were news crews getting that, right?"

After a moment of awkward silence, one guy in the back raised his hand.

"Good, good. Thanks for that, pal. This guy! This guy is my man."

Every extra second he kept talking was making me less and less worried.

"So, sit tight folks, and we'll be on our way as soon as Mega Twerp shows up!" Cut Man grinned.

Some people began fidgeting uncomfortably.

"What, what's going on?" Cut Man asked, a little ticked.

"I gotta go to the bathroom." Someone yelled.

"Freaking humans...inconvenient waste disposal."

"Whatever, you can go." Bomb Man waved. About a quarter of the stadium began to rush out of their seats. I grabbed Tempo (as gently as possible) and left with the crowd.

---

"You idiot!" Cut Man spun to face Bomb Man. "What the heck are you doing?"

"What? We are robots. Our code prevents us from harming humans unnecessarily."

"But it's just urinating!"

---

I led Tempo to an area near the concessions, then ducked into a small part in the wall.

"So what the heck do you think you're doing?"

"I don't know. But hopefully I can get a signal."

"I doubt anyone is. I certainly can't."

"Not what I was really referring to." I put a hand up to my ear. I tapped inside, and a ringer sounded in my ear.

"What are you..."

I held up a hand as the tone ended, and was replaced with Light's voice. "Hello? Rock?"

"Yeah, It's me. You checked the news recently?"
"Roll just told me. Where are you?"

"In the stadium. Bomb Man let people go to the bathroom, so we're away from them."

"I know you said you had given it up, but they need you, Rock."

"I know. I'll do it."

"I designed a special delivery robot. He has new experimental teleportation technology that should be able to get him to your coordinates with your armor. His name is Eddie."

"Sounds neat."

"Alright, I'm registering your coordinates. Good luck."

"Thanks."

"Be careful."

He disconnected, and I took my hand down. Tempo looked at me in shock. "You're...you're a robot."
"Yes, I am." I replied.

"Wow. I...I guess you don't really realize how ridiculous this is for me."

"Yeah? It's gonna get weirder." At that moment, a flash filled my vision, and a small red robot appeared, with a short pair of legs and large eyes. It looked up at us.

"That's...your robot?" Tempo asked, confused.

"Sure is. Remember how I said it was gonna get weirder?" I kneeled down next to him, and he opened up his top allowing me to pull my helmet out from within. "It's getting weirder."

I put on the helmet, and my suit began to generate down from my body. It covered over my shoulders and arms, then my waist, and boots.

"...Surprise." I stood before her fully garbed as Mega Man.

"You are...Mega Man." She whispered.

"Yeah. And right now, I gotta go." I knelt down beside the robot, and patted him on the head. "Thanks, buddy."

I turned and looked out to make sure no one was watching, then I headed out into the stadium to confront the two Robot Masters.

---

"At the very least, go back there and make sure no one's trying to escape or something like that!" Cut Man angrily ordered.

"Fine, whatever." Bomb Man rolled his eyes and headed towards the back of the stadium.

---

"He's Mega Man..." Tempo muttered to herself. This was crazy. Ridiculously crazy.

She heard a little tink, and looked down to see the small robot from earlier. It seemed to be trying to go to where Mega Man was going.

"What's the matter, little guy? Were you supposed to give him something?" It nodded frantically and opened up the top of its head. Inside was a small container. Printed on the side was a large E. She took it and looked at it. "Huh. I don't know about this, but I'd better get this to, uh, Rock." She began heading out towards where he had run off to.

--- 

I sneaked along, trying to make sure no one would see me. It was uncomfortably quiet, and every slow movement I made seemed way too loud in my head. I slowly rounded a corner, looking back for a quick moment. When I faced front again, I found myself looking at Bomb Man.

He seemed surprised as well, but he snapped out of it quickly. "Well, I was wondering if you were gonna show up." He palmed his bomb and hurled directly at me. 

SUPER ARM: LOADED

I stepped aside, putting a hand out, which caught the bomb, and I spun around, before letting it fly back at him. He leaped into the air, the bomb exploding as it hit the ground. He tossed another bomb my way. I caught it and tossed it away, but he suddenly slammed into me with incredible force. I was flung several feet back. I winced as I slid along the pavement, and was stopped hard by a metal fence post.

I had to move again as another bomb flew just over my head, embedding itself in the fence. I ran towards him, and he leaped in the air again. He threw down two more bombs, which I caught, and prepared to toss back at him. Suddenly, a third fell and hit me directly, knocking me to the ground. I dropped the two bombs, which only rolled a very short distance away.

All three exploded at once, and I closed my eyes as heat and blunt force swept over me. I opened my eyes after a few seconds, and found that I was still alive (however alive I was in the first place) somehow.

Bomb Man stepped over me with a bomb in his hand and looked down at me. "Don't play with explosives, kiddo."

I gritted my teeth.

FIRE STORM LOADED.

I shot a fireball directly at the bomb in his hand. It exploded on contact, blinding him with smoke and pushing him back. I hurried as much as I could to my feet, and proceeded to punch and kick him in the gut multiple times. As he finally was able to open his eyes, I leapt towards his face with the Mega Buster ready and fired.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 4 9
"Excuse me!? What did you call me!?" "A Robot Master." "I'm not THAT! I'm just a superhuman!" "Humans can't have powers! You're a robot! A Robot Mast...
1.3K 49 31
You were only 14 years old when you were tested on and given powers. Now, you go about your days doing what you normally do until you get found out...
79.3K 4.3K 53
Humanity emerges from the aftermath of the technological singularity having conquered scarcity, disease, poverty, aging, death, and, or so they thoug...
23K 824 20
*Gender Neutral Modern Reader* ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ "You don't need to do anything special to become amazing, You are already amazing, Trust me." You're...