Follow You - (Oliver Sykes Fa...

By ToxicCybergoth

"A teen boy who didn't know how to swim, thrown into the deep end at the prospect of a crush." More

Chapter 1 - Evil
Chapter 2 - Evelyn
Chapter 3 - Goofball
Chapter 4 - Movies, Peasants, and Chocolate
Chapter 6 - Makeup Goals
Chapter 7 - Sweet, Sweet Ignorance
Chapter 8 - The Pink Flowered Killer
Chapter 9 - Father's Stamp Of Approval
Chapter 10 - Pervert With A Heart
Chapter 11 - E and O
Chapter 12 - Peaceful Sleep
Chapter 13 - First Kiss
Chapter 14 - Experimenting
Chapter 15 - Love
Chapter 16 - The Blood Of The Enemy
Chapter 17 - Perfect Fit
Chapter 18 - Good Things Never Last Forever
Chapter 19 - Bombshell
Chapter 20 - The Months To Come
Chapter 21 - If Shit Happens, Does Life Always Go On?
Chapter 22 - Water And Blood
Chapter 23 - Tell Me It's Not True
Chapter 24 - Family
Chapter 25 - Morning Surprise
Chapter 26 - Eternal Love
Sequel!

Chapter 5 - The Bear And The Bunny

279 7 0
By ToxicCybergoth

Evelyn's POV

Friday

After we watched a few movies, I figured it was time to go home. I stood up from Oliver's bed and stretched my arms. We were well into the night by now, the moon long since started it's descent in the sky, and the streets dark. 

"You know, you could stay over." Oliver trailed off. "I-I mean, if you want."

"Your sure your parents won't mind?" I asked anxiously. 

Oliver smiled, flashing his dimples at me again. "I'm sure. Come on, I'll walk you over to your house to get some stuff, so you don't have to walk alone in the dark."

He read me so well. How could he have known that was exactly what I was thinking about? "Okay. Get up, then!"

Oliver put out his hand. "Help me."

I grabbed his hand, warmth blooming in my chest. I wondered if he felt like that too when we touched. When he was on his feet, I hastily let go of his hand, trying to ignore the strange feeling. It was comforting... but also terrifying. 

Oliver's parents were already in bed, so I didn't have to cross paths with his overexcited mother again. She was nice. Just a little overwhelming. And what would she think when we were going over to my big, empty house for a while? I blushed at the mere thought, shaking my head. 

I couldn't think about Oliver like that!

He was just my friend. 

Yeah, your friend who you have a small infatuation with.

No! I yelled at my mind.

But, did I like Oliver in that way? I couldn't help but ask myself that question. It had been sitting at the back of my mind for a while now. 

No.

Maybe.

Probably...

Okay, maybe I did. But surely it would go away within a few days, right?

But as I looked toward him now, walking beside me in the dark, he seemed to light up. I wasn't sure if this was just a small crush. I wasn't sure how long this would last. 

We reached the door of my house, and I flicked on the porch light. Oliver trailed into my house behind me when I unlocked the door, looking around, tracing his hands over the walls. I gave him a strange look and he just laughed. There were those dimples again! He was just too cute!

I opened the door to my room and Oliver followed behind me, perching on the edge of my bed. 

"We have blankets and stuff. But you might need some clothes."

Before I could ask why, he continued mischievously. "You know. since your staying for the whole weekend."

I narrowed my eyes at him although I was smiling. "Am I?"

"Yes, you are." He said confidently. 

"Okay." I replied. 

While I was looking away packing some clothes from my dresser, Oliver gazed around my room. I didn't hear him move. I didn't hear him open my wardrobe. I was to busy trying to hide my panties from him, that I didn't hear him zipping up one of my onesies over his clothes. 

He tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around. "Boo." He said with a grin.

I did a double take, laughing. He was wearing my yellow bear onesie. I couldn't get over how cute he looked in it. Without knowing, I found myself getting lost in his warm eyes again, watching them sparkle. 

Suddenly I realized I had been staring for to long, and I looked away quickly. He looked away too. 

"You can wear it if you want." I said. "I have another one."

His eyes lit up again. "I saw it in the wardrobe; the bunny one. Put it on!" He exclaimed. 

I couldn't deny his request, as he raced back over to my wardrobe, taking it out and passing it to me. I slipped it on and started to button it up from the bottom. This one wasn't lucky enough to have a zip, like the other one. My eyes enlarged slightly and a blush covered my face as Oliver started doing up the ones at the top. His hands were trembling though, so he didn't get many done.

"There you go." He breathed. 

Abruptly, he stepped away from me, realizing how close he was. 

"Well, I got my things." I said after clearing my throat. I held up the overnight bag. "We should head back to yours now."

"Okay. yeah. Alright." He stuttered a little. 

We walked back down through the house, turning off all the lights that we had turned on. I closed the door and locked it carefully. Oliver double checked that it was locked, before turning off the porch light while I hid the spare key. I didn't want to keep it on me; I was afraid I would lose it. 

Our walk from my house to his was short and silent. We quietly tiptoed back up to his room, and I set my bag down on the floor. 

"Uh..." I trailed off, wondering where I would be sleeping. 

"Oh yeah." Oliver chuckled. "I'll go and grab a mattress. You can sleep in my room."

Then he left the room. I looked around, my eyes settling on the full length mirror in front of me. I imagined Oliver standing behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning his head on my shoulder, while we were both still looking cute in these ridiculous onesies. He would be such a cute boyfriend to have; not only with his boyish looks, but personality too. 

His looks were like the bonus you got on payday. 

I knew I needed to stop thinking about him in that way, but I couldn't help myself. I knew I was going to get hurt. Because, if he wanted me in that way, he would have already made his move. Sometimes I thought he liked me, but then his next words would contradict that thought.

Why the hell were you staying at a boys house, in his room, without even asking me! My dad's voice exclaimed in my mind.  

I pushed the thought of my father away. I loved him, but I had gotten attached to Oliver as well, and if he didn't like Oliver and tried to separate us, that would put me in a shitty predicament between two people I wanted to keep with me. I comforted myself by saying; He won't find out. I chanted it over and over in my had, until I believed the lie. 

Oliver appeared in the mirror, accompanied my the faint sound of the mattress dragging across the soft carpet. This time it was really him in the mirror. He wasn't wrapping his arms around me, but instead placing the mattress down, right next to his bed. 

"Is that okay?" He asked anxiously. "You don't have to sleep in my room if you don't want to."

"It's fine." I smiled at how considerate he was. My heart fluttered, a sensation I had never felt before. 

Oliver was eyeing me up and down. Was he checking me out? No, the look he was giving me was as if he was amused. I felt self conscious. "What?" I asked defensively. 

"Oh, nothing. Your just so short. I was wondering how far your feet would be from the end of the mattress."

I laughed, and lay down. I curved my feet so they went further. "There."

"You are tiny! Look at this!"

Suddenly he was laying down next to me, and my face heated up. So did his. I told myself it wasn't because he liked me; it was just because what we were doing was a little odd. That was all. 

"Look where my feet end compared to yours." He said, craning his head up to see. 

"Your right." I sighed. "I am way to short."

"I didn't say you were to short!" He exclaimed hastily. "I just said you were short. Full stop. Period. And that's fine; your the perfect size for cuddles." He blushed. "I mean, best friend hugs."

Then he turned to look at me. Mistake; we had been right next to each other after all. His face grazed the side of mine as if he were about to kiss my cheek, before he pulled away with a sheepish apology, saying something about not knowing how close we were. 

I didn't hear him though. I was to busy savoring the feeling of his skin touching mine.

By the feelings he got when I touched me, I had realized that I liked Oliver a lot more than I had originally thought. A lot more than just a little crush. 

But I was afraid. I didn't want him to be my fairytale that never came true. I didn't want him to be the boy I spent my nights crying over, perched in front of the television watching re-runs of Friends, eating the ice cream I wasted my money on to console myself. 

I was battling the thought of pain with he thought of love. 

If I wanted him to make me feel love, I knew I needed to let go and accept the hurt as well. 

__________

Hope you liked the little 'That's what she said' joke I added in at the end!! Although it is also a serious statement. XD Take it either way Unitatoes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 64.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
188K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 40.4K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...