My Bestfriend's Enemy (editin...

By Wonderments

High School isn’t the easiest for everyone. Camila, Dinah, Normani and Ally all struggle with what many teens... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - "Cause of death: Lauren freaking Jauregui"
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (teaser)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31: The Letter
Chapter 32: Losing Her Was Blue
Chapter 33: You Again
Chapter 34: Three Words
Epilogue
New book

Chapter 12

19.5K 499 110
By Wonderments

Lauren's POV

I opened the door to see a nervous Camila standing outside, rubbing the back of her head with her hand she was surpassingly looking directly at me. Her brown eyes were deep and warm as usual, but they were also red and puffy.

A part of me wanted to take a step forwards and ask her what she wanted, but I didn't. I just crossed my arms and leaned against the doorway, my judgement allowing her to start the conversation.

“Firstly, you don’t owe me anything but I would really appreciate it if you would give me at least ten minutes to explain myself.” She started and I huffed, staring at her hesitantly. “Please Lauren, I only need a few minutes.” She assured me while biting her lips, and I realized, I couldn’t say no.

As I kept silent she took it as a sign to continue. “I am so sorry for hurting you Lauren, I never wanted to do that. I was so scared that you would rather listen to what the people around you said, but in the end I was the one not listening to myself.” Camila spoke in one breath and I was listening, her explanation catching my attention.

“Do you trust me Camila?” I asked strictly, demanding an answer and I could see the anxiety creeping up on her face when I put her on the spot. Perhaps it wasn’t fair of me, but I really had to know. When no response sounded I looked her in her eyes, but she instantly looked away, ashamed.

“This will never work if we’re not honest with each other Camila.” I said and grabbed her hand, massaging the soft skin with the pad of my thumb, causing her to look up, her eyes big with probably astonishment over my action. I gave her a small smile, showing her that it was okay. “If you’re not sure about us I think we should not force anything.”

I took a step towards her and lifted her chin up, forcing her fleeting gaze to lock with mine. “So I am going to ask you again, do you trust me?” 

She gritted her teeth and as much as I hated it I couldn’t blame her for lacking faith in me, “I do trust you Lauren, I’m just scared.” She confessed severely, her tone low like the whistling of the wind.

I tilted my head, arching my brow at the statement. Was she still scared of me? I knew I had hurt her before, but if she really believed I would do anything like that again…

“Not of you.” Camila quickly added, sensing my unease. “God, I am not scared of you Lauren.” She assured and grabbed my hand. What she did next surprised me as she lifted my hand up to her lips, pressing a loving kiss to it. The skin firing up beneath her soft lips.

“I’m scared because whenever I am not around you I want to be nowhere else than in your arms. Your affect on me scares the shit out of me and that one day you’ll realize I am nothing special and leave, without even knowing how infatuated with you I am terrifies me. But,” She pauses and I listen carefully, mesmerized by her short speech. “What scares me the absolutely most is how smitten I am with you, it’s like the first time you kissed me I was wholeheartedly enchanted by you.”

“Wow,” I breathed and squeezed her hand, not sure how to respond to the heartfelt admission. Camila looked fairly embarrassed, her cheeks flushed and she was biting her lip again, an extremely distracting habit.

“How do you want me to recover from that? I can’t even think right now.” I confessed a bit startled, but in a good way, my heart raising as I saw her smile. She firmly gripped my hips and pulled me closer, her lips ghosting mine.

“Say you’ll give me another chance.” She whispered seductively and I grinned, my eyes flickering from her speaking lips to her eyes. They were radiating so much warmth that I wanted to dive in. 

“I will give you another chance.” I repeated her words with as much sincerity I could before she pressed her lips on mine in a hard kiss. 

Automatically my hands travelled to her face and cupped it lovingly, hers tightening their grip on my hips, constantly hauling my body against hers. Her lips moved against mine in a passionate rhythm. The sensation causing goosebumps to rise on my skin and I dragged her with me inside, closing the door without breaking the kiss. 

The pace of the kiss swiftly changed when we reached the living room, her hands roaming my side the whole time until they settled on my shoulders. I allowed mine to slide down and grab the back of her thighs, lifting her up.

I carried her over to the couch, my lips hungrily massaging hers and I cautiously laid her down, my body hovering over her as I detached our lips, unhesitatingly attaching them to her neck instead I sucked eagerly, wanting to taste every bit of her.

A soft moan escaped the back of Camila’s throat and the proudness of making her elicit that sound fueled my fervor as I kissed her jawline, connecting my lips with hers again. This time she didn’t hesitate with open her mouth, giving me full access to explore the warmth of her mouth.

I brushed my tongue against hers, her hand stroking my back while the other one was holding me tightly by the hip, the actions causing throbbing sensation to appear between my thighs.

Within a second the door bursted wide open and caused us to jump apart in shock. My sister Taylor walked through the door to the living room, obviously not detecting Camila as she looked more than a little furious.

“What the fuck is wrong with you? I waited for half an hour in the rain but you never showed up. You better hope your explanation is good- Oh, hi?” Taylor stopped mid sentence and raised her brows, suddenly acknowledging Camila’s presence.

“Hi.” Camila greeted with a light blush in her cheeks. 

Taylor turned to me, looking at me suspiciously, “Did I interrupt something?” She asked and I remained silent. No matter what I said our roughed up appearances were too much evidence to deny it all. 

Camila’s lips were swollen and her hair messed up, she looked exactly what I thought she would look like after a heated make-out session. 

Taylor grinned while I glared at her, wordlessly urging her to leave the room and she understood as she put both of her arms up in defense, “No need to get mad Lauren, I won’t tell anyone. Chris is staying with Josh tonight and I am going to meet Hannah so you’ll have the house to yourself. Just please…not in my bed.” She winked and hurried out before I could get up from my seat. 

Sometimes I wondered why my parents had decided to get two more children, hadn’t I been good enough? Why would they feel the need of adding another parasite to our family. I shook my head, trying to calm down until I looked over at Camila who was certainly more mortified than I was, her face buried deep into her hands.

I inched closer to her, my arm sneaking around her and pulling her to me I planted a quick kiss on cheek. The action caused her to relax some and I continued my way down her neck.

Camila suddenly tensed when I reached her pulse point and pushed me away gently. “Are you serious right now? Your sister just walked in on us and now you want to continue.” Camila let out a huff and I chuckled, my hand resting on top of her thigh.

“I can’t help it…” I murmured honestly, pressing several of kisses to her shoulder. “You’re just so damn attractive.” I uttered against her skin, causing a light shiver to run through her body.

“Lauren stop.” She said gently and moved away, rising to her feet. I groaned, letting my face hit the couch I cured my sister for arriving so inconveniently.

Camila laughed, “let’s go for a walk.” She proposed and I looked up, furrowing my brows.

“Let’s not.” I countered, watching as she rolled her eyes. “Didn’t you hear Taylor, it’s raining.” I argued and she pouted her lips, looking at me pleadingly while I closed my eyes, throwing my head back on the back of the couch with a groan.

“I swear, if you don’t join me for a walk I am pretty sure the continuation to what happened before Taylor came will never happen.” She said suggestively and I jumped, my hand grabbing hers enthusiastically.

“What are we waiting on?” I urged with a smirk and Camila giggled softly, following after me as we exited the house.

-

Camila's POV

Displaying my love for someone had never been something I needed to think about, but spending time with Lauren I quickly learned how affectionate the girl truly was. Either her hand was holding mine, her thumb rubbing my skin or she was kissing the side of my head, not that I was complaining. It was rather the opposite but I simply wasn’t used to it. 

We were talking while she held onto my hand, listening patiently as I ranted about all things possible. The unexpected rain had stopped a long time ago, our clothes nearly dry again and the temperature had returned to comfortable.

“Oh my god, do you see that?” Lauren exclaimed happily and sounded very alike a child. “Wait here, I’ll go buy us some.” She said kindly, letting go off my head I realized how much I actually loved her closeness. 

I watched her with an endeared smile as she made her way over to the small ice cream cart, Lauren glancing over me one last time before she took a place in the small queue in front. I sighed contentedly, we weren’t even together officially, but it was pretty clear how she felt about me and that was an amazing feeling. To have someone show you that they care about you as deeply as you do. 

The calm atmosphere was soon disturbed as I spotted Veronica at the end of the park, her glare even obvious from that far. She soon started to walk towards me and like usual I had my pulse quickening for all the wrong reasons. I felt my legs starting to tremble as she closed in, approaching me with a feigned smile.

“Fancy seeing you around.” Veronica remarked, a confident smile tracing her lips, “Let me guess, you’re here with Lauren.” She stated and tapped her finger on her chin thoughtfully.

I only nodded, looking in Lauren's direction and hope that she would be finish soon. Unfortunately she was paying and her attention was directed at the Cart, not at all at me and Veronica. I gulped, my nerves really showing when it came to Veronica. We had never had the greatest relationship and I wasn’t a fool thinking that things were going to automatically change now.

“Lauren will kill me if I mess with you, but we used to be such good friends Camila. What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her. right?” Veronica smiled viciously and I was swallowing away a lump as big as a softball in my throat. Was she serious? “You know, just because Lauren has suddenly decided to give you a time of her day doesn’t mean you are one of us.”

Her words made me shudder until I saw Lauren appearing behind her, a skeptical expression covering her features as she met Veronica’s gaze. I watched the tension between them as Lauren walked over and kissed my cheek. Literally seeing the flames shooting from Veronica’s eyes I wasn’t sure how I felt as Lauren’s hand settled around my waist.

“What’s up Vero?” Lauren asked friendly and I was mildly annoyed, how could someone be so cordial to Veronica Iglesias. 

“Oh not much. Honestly I am just chatting with Camila here, but maybe you can give me a call when you’re done messing around.” She said and winked at Lauren, causing my anger and jealousy to set in for full.

Immediately Lauren’s hand tightened around my hip, indirectly telling me to calm and I obeyed, emitting a sigh instead.

“Seriously Vero, lay off.” Lauren warned and rolled her eyes, obviously getting sick of her friend’s threats too.

“Calm down Lauren, you know I am only joking. When did you get so touchy?” Veronica questioned with such tone that I knew she meant that I was the one responsible for her change. “I’ll catch you later.” She huffed before walking away.

Lauren intertwined our fingers, her smile had faltered a bit and I could see the effect Veronica had on her, which made me a bit worried to be honest. 

“It’s getting late, we better head back home.” Lauren said and the traces from the conversation were long gone and Lauren looked her usual happy self. However, we did walk in silence as I was still marveled about their friendship, it was all a mystery to me how someone as kind and goodhearted as Lauren could stand by someone who was certainly not.

And as usual when something was up with me Lauren knew, which caused her to stop in her tracks, causing me to stop too as my hand was still linked with hers. “Will you tell me what’s wrong so I can get you back from Jupiter?” Lauren questioned and I bit my lips, unsure if I wanted to bring up another problem. Last time was earlier today and we both knew how terrible that ended.

Lauren groaned when I remained silent, throwing her head back, “We promised to be honest with each other, do you remember that?” She pressed and I let out a breath.

“How come you’re still friends with Vero? After everything you still stand by her.” I barely spoke, prepared to another argument Lauren took a step forward and connected our lips. I was about to protest when her hand stroked my back and her tongue brushed against my lip and I was lost.

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

308K 8.4K 29
Do you remember the one that you love? And the one that love you? Lauren does, but will Camila regain her memory after the accident?
1.1M 45.9K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
562K 7.8K 78
••complete•• where lauren finds a quote of a song on a bench and decides to answer. sequel of post-it♡
682K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...