Secrets (Sequel to Danger In...

By TheMostInsane

((This is a sequel to my other book 'Danger In Love'. If you haven't read that please go read it now, thanks... More

Arrested
The Call
Ideas
Leads
Masked
Explanations
(Authors Note)
Warehouse
Interrogations
Disguised
Face to Face
Traced
Arrival
Found
Cuffed
Plans
Rivalry
Hello Again
Shot
Imprisoned
Loneliness
Broken
Jail-Break
Motel
Crashed
Split
Contact
Caught
Partners In Crime
Authors Notes
Alternate Ending 1
Alternate Ending 2

On The Trail

765 56 8
By TheMostInsane

Mark's eyes open slowly as a cars rumble can be heard from outside. He groans and rolls over, his tired, brown eyes meeting the sleeping face of the Irish man beside him, he smiles gently before hearing noises from outside once again, however now they were voices.

He sighs and quietly stands up, walking over to the window, still groggy. He still wore his blue jeans, having been too lazy to change before falling asleep, however his shirt laid sprawled across the floor from the night before, so the cold air against his bare skin made him shiver.

He pulls the curtain back slightly, it was still dark outside, though it had to be about 5am by now the sun having not risen yet. His eyes scan the dark lot, where a car had pulled up, a simple black one and a man stood talking to the owner of the old motel.

Mark narrows his eyes struggling to see before he makes out a familiar form, and a familiar man, with brown hair and green eyes which travelled across the premises. PJ handed the motel owner a small paper, most likely with a picture of the two men he hunted after.

"Shit."

Mark cusses under his breath releasing the curtain quickly. He shuffles back across the room, almost tripping in his hurried state. He grabs his black shirt and quickly pulls it over his bare skin before shaking the Irish man awake.

"Sean we've got to go."

Mark speaks quickly, the Irish man simply groaning in return as he rolls over onto his stomach.

"Five more minutes."

The green haired man murmurs into his pillow groggily, annoyance towards the black haired man clear in his tired voice.

"Sean, now."

Mark orders him, tugging the blankets away from the man, and finally getting him to sit up, rubbing his eyes with a yawn.

"Fine fine, I'm up I'm up...."

Jack finally mutters standing up and tiredly grabbing his small bag, not questioning the black haired man as he glances out the window once more.

~~~~~~~~Outside the Hotel ~~~~~~~~~

"I don't recognize the two... but maybe they've been over here...."

The older man states, scratching his chin as he examined the picture. PJ watching him impatiently, annoyed at the old man's though he tried to not show it.

"Well if you'd allow me, I'd like to search your rooms. I got a call about these two heading this way and your motel is the closest to this area."

PJ explains politely, taking the photo back. The owner nods with a small sigh.

"Sure sure... Only rooms 1-5 are occupied at the moment."

The man responds simply, his voice tired. PJ nods and walks in, on his way in he sees movement in one of the windows the curtain quickly being pulled back, and quickly replaced, the Brit narrows his eyes as he walks inside, deciding that would be the first room he checked, room number 5 it seemed.

He hesitates as he walks up to the door, knocking on it quietly at first, but louder once he got no answer.

"Police, please open up."

He finally calls through the door, finally simply hitting it open with his shoulder, the door giving way pretty quickly, and swinging open, hitting the wall as it swung back.

PJ quickly walks in, his hand on a holstered gun in his pocket, but relaxing when he saw the empty room. He narrows his eyes as a cold breeze hits him, and notices the window open widely, the curtains billowing around it.

The Brit cusses under his breath as he quickly makes his way forward, just as he sees a car pull out of the lot and drive off quickly, too dark to see the license plate.

"Son of a bitch."

PJ snarls turning around to walk once again, his eyes landing on something in the corner of the room.

If he'd had any doubts that the two men were here they were quickly wiped away as he picks up a small gray beanie, which he had recognized from certain pictures, that belonged to Jack, this being confirmed by the bright green strand of hair that remained in the cap.

"I'll find you bastards..."

He snarls under his breath standing up and quickly walking out of the room with the cap in hand, each step showing his anger as he climbs into his car, quickly driving off in the direction the two went.

~~~~~~In the car~~~~~~

"So why the hell am I up at five thirty in the damn morning....?"

The Irish man finally asks, a bit more awake than he first had been, though still clearly drowsy.

"PJ was outside the motel..."

Mark responds simply, his hands tightly gripping the wheel as he kept his chocolate brown eyes on the road. Jack quickly jumps up, his blue eyes boring into Mark, who didn't return his look.

"What the hell!? How would he have known we were there??"

Jack questions loudly, his exhaustion clearly not bothering him as much as it had in the beginning. Mark shrugs his shoulder gently, his brain working in overdrive to figure that answer out himself, before it hits him.

"The Cashier from the convenience store."

Mark finally growls, mostly to himself slamming his hand against the wheel slightly. The Irish man narrows his eyes, silently urging the black haired man to continue.

"There was a picture of us at the register.... And the girl working... might have recognized me...."

Mark finally sighs, still forcing his eyes to stay on the road, not wanting to look into Jack's blue eyes, though he knew they were glaring at him.

"And you didn't think this was important to tell me!?"

The Irish man snarls loudly, his stress quickly shifting to anger, his tone simply making Mark's hands grip the wheel tighter as he shrugs.

"I wasn't sure if she actually recognized me... but she looked at me funny, and I don't know ok. I didn't think it was important."

Mark responds in a soft strained tone, trying his best to keep his voice neutral, and not give in to the anger that worked its way into his mind, Jack's anger filled aura not helping calm him in the slightest.

"You didn't think it was important!? You bastard we could've kept driving through the night instead of stopping! This is all your damn fault!"

Jack rants loudly worry clear in his voice though it was almost overpowered by anger. Mark finally releases a snarl, his brown eyes shooting a glare at the Irish man.

"Enough! It wasn't my damn fault!"

Mark responds, his voice booming through the car, and making the Irish man wince slightly before returning his glare, with an equal amount of intensity.

"Now because of you we could get thrown in jail! I'm not going back to that hell hole filled with blood thirsty criminals, I don't belong there!"

Jack continues, seeming to ignore Mark's words. The black haired man sucks in a breath, trying to calm himself as he mutters inaudibly under his breath, Jack watching him angrily.

"What did you say?"

Jack questions in a growl, Mark simply shaking his head, not wanting to repeat it, though anger still clearly shone in his chocolate brown eyes, he wanted to stay calm.

"What the hell did you say!?"

The Irish man growls louder, though he didn't want to argue, of course his anger got the best of him.

"I said maybe you do belong there you fucking dick!"

Mark finally snaps, his hands gripping the wheel tightly and his head turning to face the Irish man, whose anger had been replaced with pure hurt in a matter of seconds, his blue eyes moving away for a second, and his face becoming an unreadable slate.

"Stop the car..."

He mutters under his breath, Mark looking at him confused.

"I said stop the car."

The Irish man finally says again, louder this time. Mark hesitates but soon pulls the car to a stop, looking at the green haired man confused as he opens the door and climbs out, grabbing his satchel as he does, and closing the door behind him.

"Sean what are you doing?"

Mark asks rolling the window down as the Irish man begins walking down the side of the road, Mark following him slowly with the car staying just at his side.

"I'm walking. Go get yourself caught for all I care. I'm done."

Jack says simply, keeping his blue eyes forward, and not caring that it was chilly outside and he wore a t-shirt, his sweatshirt left in the back of the car.

"Sean get in the car....I'm sorry okay."

Mark pleads with the man, quietly, anger faded, though a bit of annoyance did shine through. The Irish man simply shakes his head and keeps walking, shoving his hands into his jeans pockets as he walks, the sun beginning to rise over the horizon and lighting up his green hair.

"Fuck off, I'm sick of your apologies."

Jack retorts with a snarl, his blue eyes shooting a single glare at the man who drove slowly beside him.

"Sean get in the car. We're in the middle of nowhere...."

Mark begs, a layer of annoyance entering his voice. The green haired man shakes his head, saying nothing else, and simply walking faster, though of course he knew he couldn't go faster than the car, didn't mean he wouldn't try.

"Sean, if you don't get in the car, I will drag you in myself."

The black haired man finally threatens with a small growl, the stubbornness of the Irish man annoying him slightly. The green haired man ignores him still, continuing to walk, planning to simply keep going. Mark finally sighs, cussing under his breath and stopping the car.

He climbs out and marches over to the Irish man, standing in front of him, and forcing him to a halt. The Irish man glares at him and crosses his arms, though still didn't speak a word, his blue eyes shining with annoyance.

"Get in the car."

Mark orders the man simply. Jack's lip curls back into a snarl as his anger revs up once more.

"Why don't you made me ya bastard!"

The Irish man challenges loudly, anger still dripping from his voice. Mark looks at him for a few seconds his face void of emotion, not speaking.

Before the green haired man can react Mark reaches over grabbing him and lifting him up with ease, tossing him over his shoulder slightly and ignoring his arguments as he marches the man to the car once again.

He sets the Irish man down in the passenger seat, gently yet firmly, before walking to the driver's side and climbing in, starting the car up and driving once more.

Mark glances over after a few seconds to see the Irish man, slouching in his seat, with his arms crossed over his chest, and pouting like a child, his blue eyes watching out the window, though he didn't seem angry anymore.

"I hate you..."

He mutters under his breath, though audible enough that Mark heard it, his voice was emotionless, almost making it seem like he was completely serious, however his mouth, curved slightly, from the pout to a small grin. Mark shakes his head and smiles slightly moving his eyes to the road once again as he speaks teasingly.

"Hate you too Sean."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

945K 43.8K 25
~COMPLETED~ Jack has found out Mark's biggest secret. Mark is terrified; his secret is in the hands of his biggest enemy, or rather, his biggest crus...
1.2K 33 19
Jack and Mark have been friends for a long time and now they are going to collage together. Jack has always had feelings for Mark but he was scared...
58.7K 3K 15
WARNING: I seriously hate this story. Read at your own risk. It CLEARLY gets better with each chapter, as my writing skill improved- but it starts wi...
348K 11.5K 87
Thank you everyone so much for reading! (In process of editing and revising) Jack visits Mark in LA after a rough break up with his girlfriend back i...