Zombie Apocalypse * h.s

Oleh chaos-skinnyjeans

Amber Greene is a normal teenage girl: On the basketball team, Has good grades- Aw, forget that! That's how... Lebih Banyak

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Epilogue

Chapter Seven

467 28 1
Oleh chaos-skinnyjeans

[Harry's POV]

Amber looked up at me and I took hold of her other hand. Her eyes were beautiful. Gorgeous. Lovely. Of course I would never have the courage to tell her this. But her lips just looked so kissable...

"Hey Paul was wondering if-" Louis' loud voice said after he basically kicked the door open. "Shit was I interrupting something?" Louis asked when he saw me and Amber. Amber pulled away from me and I could see she was blushing.

"Damn it Lou." I muttered through gritted teeth. 

"Amber don't forget to finish packing!" Louis called over his shoulder as I pushed him out the door to leave Amber's room.

"Lou why'd you do that?" I asked him in an angry whisper as we went to our room.

"What did I do?" Louis asked innocently.

"You ruined it!" I said while I start packing.

"What did I ruin?" Louis asked, before realisation dawns on him. "You were gonna kiss her! Harry fancies Amber!" Louis said, quite loudly.

"Shh! Not so loud Louis!" I said.

Louis lowered his voice and said, "You fancy her, don't you?"

I felt my face turn beet red, and I looked at the ground. "Yeah. I think I do." I told Louis. He smiled.

Paul then came in. "You boys need to get some sleep. We have a big day ahead of us."

"We do?" Louis asked.

"Yes. Our new placement is quite far away. Now get to sleep." Paul closed our door, so Louis and I got ready for bed and went to sleep.

-

"Harry get up!" Louis said, almost jumping on me.

I groaned and rolled over. "Go away Lou. I'm tired." I mumbled sleepily.

Louis bent down and whispered in my ear, "I'll just go tell Amber you fancy her. A lot."

When he said that, it was like my brain went into overdrive. "I'm up! I'm up!" I said, trying to jump out of bed, but failing because my blankets were wrapped tightly around me. Instead I just ended up falling out of bed and having Louis laugh at me. "It's not that funny." I muttered.

"Yes it is!" Louis said in between laughs.

I unraveled myself from my bed sheets and started getting ready for the "big day" we have ahead of us, like Paul would say.

[Amber's POV]

"Can we fall, one more time? Stop the tape, and rewind. But if you walk away, I know I'll fade, 'cause there is nobody else. It's gotta be you, only you!" I heard Connor sing. He's outside of window, playing his guitar, and singing. "It's gotta be you, Amber. Just you." He finished, and then I hear someone screaming.

"Amber, Amber, help me! AMBER!!" I know that voice. It's Alex.

"Alex, I'm coming Alex!" I screamed. I jumped out of my window and pushed past Connor.

I followed the sound of Alex's voice until I found her. She was in the middle of the intersection at DuPont and Maple, where she died. She was screaming my name as a huge truck barrelled towards her. "GET OUT OF THE STREET ALEX! NOW!" I screamed. "ALEX!" I screamed one last time, as the truck gets closer and closer until-

"Amber, Amber, wake up!" Someone said, shaking me awake. I sat straight up and found myself looking straight into Harry's piercing green eyes. "Amber, what happened?  You were screaming in your sleep." Harry told me, his eyes filled with concern.

"I, uh, I just had a bad dream." I sighed, realizing it was just a dream, but it felt so real. "I'm fine, really." Harry looked doubtful but doesn't keep asking.

I run a hand through my messy hair. "We're leaving today." Harry told me before he left.

After I stood up I picked up my backpack and got some clothes out. I chose to wear a plain blue shirt, white skinny jeans and my black converse. I went to the bathroom so I could put in my contacts and take my pills.

I remembered to get my bags before I head into the main room, which was where everyone else was. I saw Liam and Zayn in the kitchen, and the rest of the guys, Paul and Connor were in the 'living room' portion of the huge room. 

I dump my bags near the mattress before going to the kitchen. "Hey," Liam said. "Feeling better this morning?"

"Yeah, a little bit." I told him, and grabbed an apple before going to sit in an armchair.

"Zayn, Liam, can you two get over here please?" Paul asked. Liam and Zayn sat in the remaining two armchairs. "We have a big day today. We have to travel 321 kilometers to get to our new placement." Paul looked at his watch. "And we have to leave in five minutes if we want to get there by 8:30 tonight." 

Paul was then telling us to get our bags. We all grabbed them and trudged up the stairs, going aboveground. "Put your bags in that truck." Paul told us.

"Wait, we're putting our bags in a truck but we have to walk?" Louis asked. He certainly doesn't like the idea of walking 321 km (200 miles).

"The truck can either fit your bags, or all of us. Meaning, you can ride in the truck if you expect your bag to sprout legs and walk there yourself." Paul told him. Louis grumbled a bit, but didn't say anything more. We put all our bags in the truck and started walking.

[Third Person POV]

And they were off. The eight of them walked and walked with only minimal stops. They had covered 300 of the 321 kilometres they needed to cover in the day. Things were going well, until they stopped for the third time, and Zayn looked behind them. "Zombies!"

Everyone turned around, frightened at the idea. But of course, Zayn was right. There were zombies behind them. Liam, Paul, Louis and Harry all take out the guns they had, and started firing. Niall and Amber hid behind Zayn, scared out of their minds. The guns had killed about a dozen zombies already, but more and more kept coming.

The group started to get desperate. They knew they couldn't hold back the zombies forever with just guns, so Zayn, Connor and eventually Niall resort to hand to hand combat, leaving Amber alone.

This was when the bad starts to happen. Louis and Paul's aims were a little off, and one of the bullets ended up hitting Niall in his shoulder, while the other hit Connor in his chest. Amber gasped, and immediately ran to the boys' sides. They had collapsed right next to each other.

As soon as the bullets hit the two boys, the guns stopped firing. The zombies stopped fighting and ran away from the group. "Niall, Connor, are you two alright?" Amber asked. He may have be her ex, but Amber was still concerned for the well-being of Paul's cousin.

Connor was barely breathing. Blood was pooling around him, just like it was around Niall. Niall was breathing, but you could tell he was in pain. Connor's eyes fluttered open, and he opened his mouth to softly utter his last words. "I... I'm sorry, Amber." He croaked, before taking a final, painful breath.

Amber's eyes went wide when she realized what Connor had just said. "Amber... He's gone." Niall said, laying his hand gently on Amber's knee.

Amber looked over at Niall. "Niall, you're hurt." She realised. "We need to get that fixed."

"We could, you just have to move." Amber looked up to see Paul standing in front of her, with a first aid kit.

"Oh, sorry." Amber muttered and moved out of the way.

Harry joined Amber, who was sitting on the ground away from the corpses of zombies and where Paul was trying to fix Niall. "Are you okay love?" Harry asked.

"I feel like you've asked that a lot in the last two days." Amber said.

"Can you believe it's only been two days?" Harry asked. "It feels more like two months."

"Two deaths in two days." Amber pondered. "I can't believe it." Paul came over and the pair stood up. "Is Niall okay?" Amber asked quickly.

Paul gestured to the lad, who had his right shoulder wrapped in bandages, and his arm in a sling. "He'll be fine. The bullet didn't go too deep. Connor, on the other hand..." Paul trailed off.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Harry said.

Paul shrugged. "We weren't even that close. We were second cousins, only related by marriage, not blood."

Niall came over with Louis, Liam and Zayn close behind him. "Let's get going. We can still be there by 9:45 if we hurry." Paul told everyone.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

51 0 12
its about a teenage girl who has great survival skills and she knows it but all those years she felt like she was rotting in school and because of th...
193K 5.5K 46
After successfully escaping a lethal gang that endangered their lives, Zoey and Harry think they can finally live in peace. Reality just doesn’t wan...
9.8K 860 11
@fineline_larry_walls asked me to write a zombie fic bases on The walking dead. Well, I haven't done a Zombie fic so I had to take that challenge. T...
3.7K 110 41
In a world infested with vampires and zombies, Lily finds herself beginning to question everyone around her until a young vampire by the name of Harr...