Leave Me Alone { n.s. }

By coffeestainss

Nathan Sykes. He's just your average student at White Chapel High, right? Wrong! Thing is, he's a bloodsuckin... More

Chapter 1 - The New Guy
Chapter 2 - Detention
Chapter 3 - I'm Max, By The Way
Chapter 4 - Friendship Is In Order
Chapter 5 - Anything Is Possible
Chapter 6 - What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 7 - You Don't Even Know Him
Chapter 8 - Carnival
Chapter 9 - Different
Chapter 10 - The Incident
Chapter 11 - Matchmakers
Chapter 12 - Surprise
Chapter 13 - Soulmate?
Chapter 14 - Sick Day
Chapter 15 - Lovely
Chapter 16 - Winter Dance
Chapter 17 - Can I Trust You?
Chapter 18 - Will You...
Chapter 19 - Demons In My Head
Chapter 20 - Siva The Diva
Chapter 21 - Two Nathans?
Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping
Chapter 23 - Is He Hiding Something?
Chapter 25 - I Am a Vampire
Chapter 26 - Panic Attack
Chapter 27 - Blood For The First Time
Chapter 28 - Selfish
Chapter 29 - Nothing To Me
Chapter 30 - Resist
Chapter 31 - Arguments
Chapter 32 - Control
Chapter 33 - Something Isn't Right
Chapter 34 - He's Back
Epilogue

Chapter 24 - I Have Something To Tell You

818 31 3
By coffeestainss

Later that day...

Skye's POV

They let us out of eighth period. Everyone seemed to be charging for the door as soon as the bell rang. I can't blame them. The dance is in a mere 2 hours! Who wouldn't be excited, though?

I walked to my locker fast, dodging everything and everyone. It was an obstacle course, trying to dodge things.

I did eventually make it to my locker without anything stopping me. I hurried to grab my bag and run to Alex's locker.

She was throwing things in her backpack as if she didn't have a care in the world.

"Alex!" I called as I ran.

"It's tonight!" She exclaimed.

"It's tonight!" I repeated.

"What's tonight?" A male voice came up behind me and her.

I turned and it was Siva and Jay with their backpacks.

"The dance!" Alex and I said in unison.

"Are they excited?" Jay asked him.

"Clearly, they are." Siva nodded.

I rolled my eyes. Of course, Alex and I were excited! I was going to the dance with Nathan, my enemy turned crush, and Alex was going with Tom, her crush. 

"I'm gonna walk home. I'll see you guys later," I pointed to Jay and Seev, "And I'll see you in a couple of hours." I said to Alex. They all said bye to me, and I left.

-

I walked home quickly. It only took me a few minutes, considering how fast I walked.

I opened the door and sat my backpack down on the couch. I ran up the stairs and took out the dress and shoes.

Running a shower for myself, I stepped in and washed quickly.

When I stepped out, I dried my hair and curled it. It turned out pretty well curled.

I didn't put on a lot of makeup. I put on some eye liner and mascara, and little bit of lip gloss.

I would normally never get this dolled up for a dance. I'm not very girly. But, I feel as if I need to make an exception for just tonight.

"Skye?! You here?" I heard my mum yell up the stairs.

"In my room!" I yelled back.

I heard her footsteps coming up the stairs as she stepped in my room.

"Where's your dress?" She asked.

I pointed to the edge of my bed, where it and my shoes sat. She nodded her head in approval. "I like it." She said.

"Thanks." I said.

"So, you want me to drop you there, or do you prefer to walk?" She asked me as I checked myself in the mirror one last time.

"I was planning on walking with Alex. We were going to walk together, with her meeting me here so we can go. Is that alright?" I asked.

"That's fine." She nodded.

I nodded back and she disappeared from my room. I closed my door.

My bedside table lit up. I noticed it and looked over at it, seeing that my phone buzzed with a new message.

It was from Jay.

Jay - Getting ready, I would guess?

Me - Of course bird

Jay - Hope you have fun

Me - You arent going?

Jay - Seev and me were gonna go catch a film or something

Me - Oh..well, hope you guys have fun to. Eat some popcorn for me, will ya

Jay - Haha, will do 

I sat my phone down after that and grabbed the dress and walked to the bathroom to change into it. I zipped up the back and stood back. Wow, I thought to myself.

I walked out of the bathroom and looked for the jewelry I had set out. My favourite necklace, and my gold hoop earrings. I put them on and heard mum's voice again. "Skye! Alex is here!"

"I'll be down in a second!" I called back and put on my shoes.  I did a few practice laps around my room so I could get comfortable in them before grabbing my clutch purse and phone and walking downstairs. Slowly, might I add. These heels were slowing me down.

I appeared down there and Alex's and my mum's eyes bugged out. They look like they'd just seen a ghost.

"Skye, you look beautiful!" My mum gushed.

"Amazing!" Alex concurred.

"Thank you." I blushed.

"I would hate to be Nathan," Alex smirked.

"Shut up," I laughed, "I would hate to be Tom." I said, looking over her dress.

She smirked. "That's the idea."

"Alright, well, you girls have fun. I'll see you when you get back." My mum said and opened the door for us.

"Alright mum, bye." I smiled at her before stepping out the door and the door shut behind us.

"Well, off to the dance we go." Alex said excitedly.

I nodded, already dreading the idea of wearing these heels, and I haven't made it 2 feet from my front door.

"You look like you're struggling to walk." Alex laughed as we walked.

"I am. The heels are making it a struggle." I chuckled.

"You aren't alone. I've got on heels to." Alex held her foot up.

I laughed as we made it closer to the school. From a distance, we could see people walking in. We didn't know if Nathan and Tom had gotten there yet, but hopefully they'd be waiting when we walked in.

"I'm so scared." Alex said as we walked. I saw couples walking in the doors of the school in the distance.

"What are you scared for?" I asked.

"Tom. I'm scared about what will happen tonight."

"How do you think i'm feeling about Nathan? I'm shitting bricks." I said.

"I know," She shook out her hands.

"Hey. We should just relax. We'll be fine. Tonight will be a good night.  I can feel it." I smiled.

Nathan's POV

"Tonight will be a complicated night." I told Tom as we stood in the school bathroom, fixing ourselves. 

"Nath, chill. You will be fine." Tom said, adjusting his tie.

"I have to bite her, Tom. Tonight. I just can't wait any longer. She's my soulmate. And if I want to be with her, I have to bite her tonight." I said, looking in the mirror and adjusting my hair.

"I planned on biting Alex tonight, and you don't see me getting all scared about it." He said.

"Is Alex your soulmate?" I pulled a serious look.

"Shit, probably! I don't know." He shrugged.

"You should find out. She really likes you." I shrugged.

"I will. But tonight, i'm supporting you. You're the one with the soulmate that you have to turn." He pointed at me through the mirror.

"Thanks?" I said questioningly.

"Anytime mate." He said.

I stood back from the mirror, my blurry face staring back at me.

"Think Alex and Skye are here yet?" I asked.

"Maybe. Let's go check." He said and left the restroom. I followed suit.

When we stepped out, We stood at the door, waiting for them to walk in. Other guys and girls were standing there to, waiting for their dates as well. Everyone else being anxious was rubbing off on me.

"I practically feel your shaking, Nathan. Everything will be fine. Trust me." Tom said and patted me on the back.

I only nodded, not uttering a word.

-

I heard Skye and Alex walk in before I saw them. 

I looked up at Skye and she was wearing the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. It was black and blue, and she had on black heels. My eyes widened as I witnessed her. I could feel my jaw drop ten feet to the floor.

"Hi Nathan." Skye said as she walked up to me and smiled.

"H-Hi...Skye." I said as I smiled. I was so nervous. Get it together! I heard my mind tell me.

"You look really handsome tonight." She said.

"Thank you. You look..amazing. I can't even describe." I said, gesturing to her dress.

"Thank you." She giggled.

"Come on, let's go, shall we?" I said and she grabbed my arm. Tom and Alex walked in, with Skye and I following in the rear.

"I was so nervous about tonight!" She yelled over the loud music.

"I know! Me to!" I yelled back. 

I watched the floor as everyone was dancing close to each other. I could smell everyone's blood pumping as it made me slightly hungry. 

But, there was only one person's blood who I really had my sights set on.

I looked at Skye. She looked breathtakingly amazing in her dress and heels.

"Would you like to dance?" I asked.

"Sure," She nodded and we out to the floor.

"I should warn you, I can't dance." She said nervously and blushed.

"It's alright." I smiled. She was cute when she was nervous.

We danced close together, not seperating for anything.  The smell of her blood was driving me insane. I knew I had to wait, though.

I danced in all kinds of crazy moves. Making her laugh, I knew I was making a fool of myself, but I didn't care.

I could feel my fangs threatening to come out, but I pushed the hunger down the best I could. It worked. Mostly.

I looked around to see if I could find Tom and Alex. They were nowhere to be found in the large crowd of people.  I thought nothing of it as Skye and I continued to move around to the music.

-

The dance was starting to wind down. The DJ said that he'd start playing slow songs in a few moments. I didn't know what to think. 

Soon, as if on cue, the slow song began playing. Looking around, I saw couples together, swaying to the music.

I looked at Skye. "May I have this dance?" I held out my hand.

She looked at it, at me, and then smiled. She nodded and took it. 

My hands fell to her waist as her hands fell around my neck.

As we danced to the music, I looked into her dark brown eyes. She looked so scared, so nervous, like she didn't know what would happen. I could see it.

She has no idea what's coming to her.

"Skye?" I said. She looked at me with wondering eyes.

I wanted to do it. I wanted to kiss her. Badly. I wanted her lips on mine. It was torturing to not feel her lips on mine. I needed to kiss her. Now.

I didn't know what to say, how to say it, nothing!

I took a deep breath. 

I mentally prepared myself.

Here goes nothing.

I closed my eyes, leaned foward, and prayed that she would kiss back when my lips met hers.

She did.

-

Our lips fit perfectly as we kissed, moving in sync. I felt a new kind of sensation in my chest. I didn't know what it was. It felt amazing, though. Her lips are so soft. 

When my lips touched hers, it seemed like the world was fading. Just me and her in our own little world for a good few seconds. I knew, for sure, one hundred and ten percent, that she was my soulmate.

I could feel her every emotion. She thought that this kiss was amazing. She loving it, based on what I could tell from her emotions. And, trust me, the feeling is definitely mutual.

I pulled away to catch air. Her eyes opened. She looked at me like she wanted more. I was feeling the exact same way. But, it was in that moment that my eyes went blurry then back to normal. Were my eyes red?

No. No. Not now. Not here, in front of all these people. Not in front of Skye.

It was because of her kiss.

It was because I was hungry.

I can't control myself any longer.

I grabbed her hands. "Skye. I have something to tell you." I breathed.

"What is it?" She looked a little alarmed.

"I think we should go outside first." I muttered and took her out of the dance and outside. 

It was kind of cold and windy outside. I could tell Skye was chilly because she brought her hands to arms to keep warm.

"I really don't know how to tell you this, Skye." I said nervously, hoping my eyes weren't red.

"You can tell me anything, Nathan. It can't be that bad," She assured, grinning a little.

"This is pretty bad." I muttered.

"What is it?" She asked.

I took a deep breath and sighed. "Well, I am a vampire. And you, Skye Malone, are my soulmate."

"What?!"

-

-

A/N - - - Finally. She knows. This part took me forever to write. I had writers block for a good week and half and now i'm finally done with this part! Now for the next part.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6K 126 32
Everyone has their trials in life and many people can overcome them, It doesn't matter what happened or who did it as long as you can overcome them...
44K 2.7K 45
[COMPLETED NOVEL] One night, that's all it takes for everything to change. One insomnia. One stroll in the dark night. One murder. Two hands covered...
34.1K 916 24
Lily-Rose James, a smart, beautiful, innocent eighteen year old girl who moves to London for her job. Nathan Riley is a mysterious, intriguing vampir...
3.6K 60 17
Ally Anderson, 18, in her first year of university. Nathan Sykes, 19, in his second year of university. On Ally's first day of uni, she sees Nathan f...