Faded Scars (Daryl Dixon)

By LegacyLace

Fear. It came when the dead began to roam the streets and cities, but for Scarlett Evans it was always there... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 40

1.9K 44 1
By LegacyLace

Third person: College
Daryl and the other came to a old shop covered in leaves and vines. "You see something?" Bob asked Daryl, who was walking towards a pile of vines. "I don't know. Maybe." He said back.

Tyreese and Bob began to pull vines from a car windshield as Daryl tried to hotwire the car, having no luck. He climbed from the car and shut the door. "We gotta find us a new battery." He said and looked into the side window of the shop, spitting on his hand and wiping it against the dirty glass. A walker quickly put its hands to the glass snarling causing Daryl to snapped back. "Got some friends inside." He said, turning towards the group. "Come on. Let's clear a path, see how many we got." He begin to pull away at the brush and the group joined in, Ty hacking the brush away with his machete.

Daryl's mind raced as he pulled the vines away, Scarlett's face clouding his mind. He then turned towards Tyreese, who was angrily hacking away. "Take it easy, man. We don't know what we're dealing with." Daryl said and pulled away more of the brush. He continued to watch Tyreese and saw him struggle against something. When Ty pulled back, a clump of red and white wires was stuck to his machete. Daryl and Bob both looked at Tyreese as he untangled the wires.

Suddenly, a hand shot from the brush and grabbed Daryl's leather vest.

Daryl pulled away from the hand as Michonne brought down her sword, cutting it. A walker then came after Bob, grabbing him and pulling him towards its face as another walker stumbled for Ty. Daryl stabbed his knife into a walker that had gotten trapped in the vines as Michonne moved over to Bob, who was struggling with the walker. She sliced its head off as Bob fell backwards onto the ground.

Ty began to try and pulled the walker in front of him out of the vines as the group called out to him, telling him to let it go. Tyreese, ignoring them, pulled hard on the walker and fell onto his back as the walker landed on top of him. Daryl ran over and grabbed the back of the walker, yanking it off of Ty as Bob walked over and shot it in the head. Daryl walked over to try and help Ty up, but he stood up on his own and walked near Michonne. "Why the hell didn't you let go?" She questioned and Tyreese turned towards her, then turned away not answering her question.

Daryl and the group moved into the shop, Daryl skimming his flashlight over the shelves looking for walkers as the group piled in behind him. "Come on." He said, moving into the shop. He moved in the back where a workshop was placed and walked over to a shelf, sticking his flashlight into his mouth to grab a car battery. He placed it on a cart next to him and used his knife to open the caps on the top. Bob looked over at battery as Daryl checked the cells. "Hmm, cells look pretty dry." He stated. "A little distilled water will clear that right up." Daryl explained.

Outside Tyreese and Michonne hacked away at brush near the car. "You should have let him go." She finally said, looking over at Ty, who pulled some vines from the front of the car. Tyreese moved towards her angrily. "The hell you know about it, huh? You the damn expert?" He said harshly to Michonne. "No. I just don't want to see you die." She answered plainly. "Is that what you're trying to do?" She questioned and Ty only stared back.

"Do you even know what you're trying to do?" She questioned again, when she didn't get a answer. Tyreese just moved away and stepped on more brush that was around the front of the car. "I know you're pissed. And you have a good reason to be. But anger makes you stupid. Stupid gets you killed." She said and Ty turned towards her, and stepped closer. "Aren't you still angry about the Governor? What he did?" He questioned her. "If he was here right now, I'd cut him in two." She answered back, edge in her voice. "Cause that's how it needs to be." Tyreese looked at her. "But I'm not angry." She continued. "I was." She said and looked up at Ty. "Then why are you still going out looking for him?" Ty questioned and Michonne looked down at the car, then took a step back. "I don't know." She glanced at Ty and then began to hack at the brush again, Ty moving back to pull more away.

Back in the shop, Daryl ran his flashlight over the shelves of the store, looking. A stain of red on the floor caught his eye. "That's puke." He said and pointed his flashlight at a can of antifreeze coolant. "Those douchebags in the vines." He said as Bob came up behind him. "Took themselves out, holding hands, kumbaya style." He said and pointed his flashlight towards some shelves.

"They wanted to go out together same as they lived. That make them douchebags?" Bob questioned as Daryl went over to a shelf and turned back to Bob. "It does if they could have gotten out." He said, moving away and Bob following behind. "Everybody makes it, till they don't." Bob argued back and Daryl glanced at him. "People nowadays are dominos. What they did, maybe it's about not having to watch them fall." He said and Daryl turned to him, a jug in his arms, then turned back in front of him. "Right." Daryl said and turned the corner, shining his flashlight on a walker and motioning for Bob.

They walked towards the walker and Daryl walked away as Bob stayed, shining his flashlight on the walker. He pointed his flashlight to the wall where photos of the man and other people were posted, then grabbed a screwdriver from a shelf and stabbed it into the walker's skull.

Daryl had a cigarette in his mouth as he worked on the car. "You never told us about the group you were with before." He mumbled, smoke flowing from the cigarette, as he turned to Bob. Bob let smoke rolled from his mouth. "Which one? You know, when you found me out on that road, I almost kept walking." Daryl continued to work on the car and looked over at Bob. "Why's that." He mumbled, the cigarette hanging from his lip. "Cause I was done being a witness. Two times, two different groups. I was the last one standing." Bob said as Daryl stopped pouring a jug of water into the car and looked over at Bob.

"Like I was supposed to see it happen over and over, like it's some kind of curse." Bob finished and puffed on his cigarette, Daryl taking his from his mouth and blowing smoke. "But when it's just you out there with the quiet, used to be I'd drink a bottle of anything just so I could shut my eyes at night. Figured the prison, the people, thought it'd be easier. The run to the Big Spot, I did it for me." Bob said as Daryl took a drink from the jug. "You gotta keep busy." He said and looked towards Bob.

"No, I did it so I could get me a bottle of anything. I picked it up, I held it in my hands, but I put it down." Daryl watched Bob carefully. "I put it down so hard it took the whole shelf down with it, that's what brought on the walkers, and that's what got Zack killed." It was silent between them for awhile until Daryl spoke. "That's bullshit." He grumbled and Bob looked over at him. "Why don't you get in there and try the engine. It's a red and green wire. Go on. It ain't rocket science." He grumbled as Bob moved from the wall he was leaning on and climbed into the car, starting the engine.

"Give it some gas." Daryl said, moving away from the hood. When the car started up, Daryl lightly clapped his hands and turned, whistling to where Michonne and Ty were sitting. Daryl closed the hood and walked over to the driver window, looking at Bob. "Sasha and me picked that spot. We took you with us. There ain't no way anybody could've known. You ain't gonna be standing alone, not no more." He said to Bob and threw in his rag. "Let's go." Daryl said as the rest of the group walked over and piled into the car.

Third person: Prison

Scarlett's condition was getting worse and so was the condition of the people from Woodbury. Nobody had died yet, but it was a matter of time before they did. Scarlett had finished etching the names of the dead into her cell's walls and was lying on the cold, cell floor, as her eyes tried to close. Despite the exhaustion, Scarlett kept her eyes open and Hershel walked in and felt her burning skin.

He had tried to keep her temperature down, but it kept rising at an alarming rate. "Daryl better get back with those meds and soon." He muttered as Scarlett coughed into her arm. "He...will." She managed out and tried to lift herself off the ground, but soon gave up. Her bones ached and didn't seem like they wanted to work right. "Hang on, Scarlett." He mumbled as she slowly closed her eyes. Hershel smiled and went to check on Glenn, who was slowly getting worse, but wasn't as bad as Scarlett and some of the others.

Third person: College

Daryl and the group walked down a quiet street, the only sound was the wind rustling the leaves and blowing trash around. "Looks like we're getting closer." Daryl said and looked up at a brick building. "The building we want is just up ahead." Ty said.

The door creaked as Daryl walked in first with his crossbow ready and his flashlight running over the inside. "Come on. Come on." He said softly as they moved towards another door and then into a room filled with cages and lab equipment. "Alright, let's make this quick." He said and moved around the room searching for medicine. "There you go." Daryl said as he picked up a bottle of pills and shoved them into his bag. "Come on." He said as the others grab some more stuff and head towards the next room.

Bob and Michonne ransack through a cabinet filled with pill bottles in search of what they needed. "Anything ending in -cillin or -cin, C-I-N, grab it." Bob instructed as he shoved pill bottles into a bag. "We'll dissolve the pills in the IVs, put 'em right into the bloodstream." He continued as Michonne grabbed some and shoved them into her bag. "Dosage will be tricky, but considering the time we lost." He said as he and Michonne grabbed more pill bottles, shoving them into the bags as Daryl and Ty walked in.

"How'd you do?" Bob asked, looking over at them. "Bags, tubes, clamps, connectors. Everything on the list." Tyreese said and looked in the bag. "What about y'all?" Daryl asked and Bob looked back at the cabinet. "Yeah, we got it all." Bob said. "Yeah, we're good." Michonne chimed in and moved from the cabinet. "Alright, let's roll." Daryl said and moved from the room, the others behind him as he looked ahead with the flashlight. As he looked through one of the windows on a door, he saw walkers coming towards it and led the group down the hall, hurrying them down it.

"Up ahead." Michonne said and they moved into a dark room filled with cages. Bob tried to shut the door behind them, but it wouldn't close. "Hey! Door's busted." Bob whispered loudly. "Oh, hold up." Daryl said as he moved toward the door and tried to get it shut. "There." Michonne said, spotting a sign that read 'Staircase' next to set of doors, leading the group towards the possible exit.

Suddenly, a walker jumped out and attacked Tyreese, who immediately began to hit the walker repeatedly. Michonne tried to undo the chains that had been wrapped around the handles of the doors, but she backed away as growling and snarling came from the doors and the hands of walkers reached out in a attempt to pull her closer. "How many?" Daryl asked, but Michonne shook her head. "I can't tell." They snapped their heads towards walkers stumbling through the other door. "We can take 'em." Ty said and got his weapon ready. "No! They're infected. Same as at the prison. We fire at 'em, get their blood on us, breathe it in. We didn't come all this way to get sick." Bob shouted and Ty snapped towards him.

"How do we know the ones in there aren't any different?" Ty argued. "We don't." Michonne said as more walkers stumbled through the door. "Well, it's gotta change sometime." Daryl said and quickly moved towards a chair, breaking it as Michonne pulled out her blade. "Ready?" Daryl asks the group. "Do it!" Tyreese answered and Daryl broke the chains. As the walkers came out Bob fired at one, while Michonne sliced another's head off. They ran up the stairs as walkers followed behind them, when they reached the top, Daryl turned left and saw a walker. He moved right as more walkers came around the corner and Bob began pushing objects in the path of the walkers in order to slow them down.

They reached the end of the hallway and Michonne rattled the door. "Don't have an exit." She said and moved in front as Daryl climbed up near a window. "Then we make one." He instructed as Bob continued to slow the walkers down. "Get down!" Ty shouted and hurled something at the window shattering it. "Come on, move it!" He shouted as he and Daryl help Michonne up. "Jump down to the walkway below." Daryl instructed her as she moved through the window and stood on the side piece. "They're here!" Bob shouted as the others pulled him up and he landed on the edge of the side piece, his bag dangling over a pile of walkers below.

The walkers reached and grabbed at the bag as the group grabbed onto Bob, trying to keep him from falling. "Bob, let it go." Michonne commanded, but he still held on. "Let it go, man." Ty said as Bob struggled to pull the bag away from the walkers. "Just let it go." Bob ignored them and continued to pull against the walkers. "Let go of the bag, man." Daryl growled as Bob pulled away from the walkers and pulled the bag up onto the side piece.

As Bob started to stand up, Daryl reached into the bag and picked up a bottle of liquor that was sticking out from the bag. "You got no meds in your bag? Just this?" Daryl questioned, harshly. "You should have kept walking that day." He growled and wrenched his arm back, ready to throw the bottle. "Don't." Bob shouted and the group sees his hand move towards his handgun. Daryl walked over to Bob and got into his face, obviously pissed off.

Ty and Michonne looked at each other before turning back to Bob and Daryl as Daryl pulled the handgun from its holster on Bob's side and grabbed the man by his vest. "Just let it go, Daryl. The man's made his choice. Nothing you can do about it. Just gotta let it go." Ty said, trying to calm Daryl.

Daryl pulled away from Bob, who looked at them solemnly. "I didn't want to hurt nobody. It was just for when it gets quiet." Bob managed out and Daryl frowned at him, harshly shoving the bottle into Bob's chest. "Take one sip. When those meds get in our people, I will beat your ass into the ground." He hissed at Bob. "You hear me?" Bob just watched as Daryl turned away and made his way down with the others.

Daryl turned the piece of jasper he had collected for one of the ladies from Woodbury, the green of the stone reminding him of Scarlett's soft, green eyes. "Then it will take about seven hours to get there. We're gonna need more gas." He overhears Michonne saying to Ty and Bob as he listened from the passenger seat. "But we'll get there." Ty said and walked over to the passenger side, seeing Daryl turning the piece of jasper in his hands. "Taking Highway 100." He informed Daryl. "I heard." He grumbled back and Tyreese walked away. Michonne climbed into the driver's seat and closed the door.

"You were right, what you said before." She said, remembering their conversation earlier about the governor. "About the trail going cold. I don't need to go out anymore." She said and turned to towards Daryl, seeing him turn the piece of jasper. "Good." He muttered and slammed the car door, still pretty frustrated from earlier. "You thinking of her." She said quietly, so only Daryl could hear. He glanced at her, but didn't say a word.

Later on down the road, Daryl wrapped his hand around the jasper and brought it to his lips as Tyreese and Bob looked out the window. Michonne glanced at Bob through the rear view mirror and then focused back on the road as they drove back towards the prison.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.1K 1.5K 48
Romance should be the last thing on her mind once the world ended- and it was... until she met Daryl Dixon. While trying to adapt to the way the new...
22K 751 39
Shannon is always running away from her troubles. Even before the dead started coming back to life, she was on the road searching for something bette...
69 7 7
Something tragic happened and she ran. She ran until she couldn't breathe anymore, until her lungs were on fire and her legs gave out. A man took her...
5.4M 138K 123
One infection causes the society to crumble like a cookie. No military, no economy, no leaders, nothing. No one is coming to save you, no one is ther...