Mint. [J. J]

By Ixynoir

"What's your favourite flavour?" "Mint." [oc x jughead] Riverdale. Book 1. [Completed on 16.05.2017] [Pr... More

Extended summary + Cast and their playlist
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
Aesthetics
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30
31.
32.
33.
34.
35
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
New Fic.
BOOK TWO.

10.

7.1K 224 70
By Ixynoir

CHAPTER TEN
"Aw she's nice, I like her"

Marley woke up he next morning with a banging headache. She looked at the digital clock on her bed side table. It was 12:30. Marley decided that she wasn't going to go to school today. Next to the digital clock was a bottle of aspirins and a bottle of water and a note from her aunt.

Marley put two aspirins in her mouth and chugged it down with the bottle of water before reading the note her aunt left.

Morning sweetie,

Jughead explained to me what happened. Don't worry your not in trouble for drinking alcohol. We will talk in the evening. I made you breakfast you might have to heat it up again and remember to drink plenty of water.

Aunt Gina.

Marley raised an eyebrow at the note.
"Jughead? He was here yesterday?" Marley thought to herself. Marley couldn't Remember anything after chugging the first bottle of vodka.

Marley looked down and noticed she was in pyjamas.

"Aunt Gina must have changed me," Marley said to herself before getting up and walking to the bathroom to brush her teeth and have a shower.

When she came back into her room she changed into a pair of grey joggers and a black hoodie before grabbing her phone stuffing it into her pocket before walking downstairs.

She saw aunt Gina made her pancakes she smiled before heating it up in the microwave before making herself some coffee.

She took her pancakes and coffee into the living room and sat down on the couch before turning the TV on deciding to watch friends re-runs.

After a few hours of watching friends Marley took out her phone.

4 missed calls from Aunt Gina.
11 text messages.

Marley opened the text messages 6 of them were from Jughead. 2 from Betty. One from Josie. One from Veronica and one from Archie.

Marley opened Jughead's texts first.

From : Juggs

Sent at 11pm: I told your Aunt what happened between you and your mom don't be mad at me please.

Sent at 3:00am; and I'm sorry for the way I acted at the Drive in.

Sent at 3:30am; Call me when you wake up.

Sent at 7:30am: See you at school?

Sent at 9:30am: School is boring without you but I'll never say that to your face.

Sent at 13:00pm; Text me when you wake up so I know you haven't died of alcohol poisoning. I'll drop by your house after school.

Marley looked at the time now. It was now 3:45, school finishes in 15 minutes so Jughead should be at her house in half and hour. 

To: Juggs

I'm awake.

Marley then opened Betty's text messages.

From: Elizabeth

Sent at 10:30: I didn't see you in the common room today :(

Sent at 13:00am: I asked your aunt where you are and she said you were at home. Get well soon x.

Marley quickly sent back a reply.

To: Elizabeth

I'm fine Betty. Thanks for the concern see you tomorrow.

Marley then opened Veronica's text.

From; Ronnie.

Jughead told me you got drunk yesterday. Without me? Good luck with the hangover see you tomorrow x

Marley smiled at Veronica's text before responding.

To Ronnie

I would say next time but I don't think I'm ever drinking again. I'll see you tomorrow Ron x

Marley then opened Joise's text.

From: JoJo.

Didn't see you in school today. Everything okay?

To: JoJo

I'm fine just was feeling a little under the weather. I'll see you tomorrow x.

Lastly she opened Archie's text.

From Archibald

I may have been a little shit in the past few days but I hope you get better soon. See you tomorrow Marls.

To Archibald

Did you actually think I'll hold a grudge? It's fine Arch! I'll see you tomorrow x

After Marley replied to all her text she decided she wasn't going to call her aunt back because she wasn't bothered so she just shot her a text.

To :Aunt Gina

Im fine. Not dead yet. See you later x.

After Marley sent the text she went back to watching friends for another hour before there was a knock on her front door. She got up and answered. When she opened the door she saw Jughead holding a milkshake and a Pop's to go bag.

"I thought you might be craving a banana milkshake and a burger." Jughead said letting himself in the house.

Marley led him to the living room sitting cross legged on the couch while Jughead handed her the milkshake and a straw.

"Thanks Jughead." Marley thanked him while he just smiled.
"How many burgers did you get?" Marley asked him.

"Two." He answered getting up and going to the kitchen to get plates. A second later he emerged from the kitchen with two plates. He placed a burger and fires on one plate and placed the same thing on another plate.

The pair ate in silence when they were done Jughead took both plates into the kitchen and emerged with a bottle of water he helped himself to.

"So how are you feeling?" Jughead asked her.

"Honestly a lot better now that your here," Marley said. Jughead smiled and remembered what she said yesterday.

"Do you remember what you said yesterday?" Jughead asked her placing his hand on her knee.

"No but I can only imagine it's about what my mother said to me," Marley answered.

"Well yeah, you also shattered a wine bottle." Jughead chuckled.

"Was my aunt mad?" Marley asked biting her lip.

"At first yeah, but after I explained what happened she calmed down." Jughead said reassuring her. Marley nodded and there was a minute of silence Jughead spoke.

"Marley, you also said something else." Jughead said.

"What?" Marley asked sipping her banana milkshake.

"Marley you said you liked me. As in like like." Jughead said.

Marley started choking on her banana milkshake. Jughead quickly rubbed her back until her coughing subsided.

"So is it true?" Jughead asked her while Marley looked down at her knees.

"I don't even know when it started happening Jug. I just started thinking about you, then I started drawing you in my sketchbook look." Marley said picking up her sketchbook from the coffee table and turning to the drawing of Jughead and handing him the book.

Jughead was in awe of Marley's talent, she had drawn everything including the bags under his eyes.

"Marley this is great. Your so talented," Jughead said referring to her drawing.

"I don't know when these feelings started, oh god I'm so fucking embarrassed. Jughead it's okay if you don't feel the same and I totally underst-" Marley rambled before Jughead cut her off by kissing her.

The kiss was short and it only lasted a few seconds before Marley pulled away. She looked and Jughead taking in his face to see any signs of regret before leaning in to kiss him again and Jughead kissed back immediately. It went on for a few minutes before someone cleared their throat.

Marley pulled away to see her aunt standing at the door with a smirk on her face. Jughead stood up immediately.

"Hi, Miss Davis. I was just leaving. I've got....um...lot of homework." Jughead said getting up and getting his backpack. He nodded towards Marley as a way of saying goodbye before waking out the house.

Marley looked at her aunt who was smirking at her.

"So Jughead huh?" She asked hand on hip.

"Don't ask." Marley said leaning back into the couch and sipping her milkshake.

---------------------------------------------------
Marley's alarm went off and she got out of bed and had a shower and brushed her teeth. She changed into a black tank top and a black skirt.

She pulled on a pair of black fishnet tights and white converse before grabbing her backpack and going downstairs. She went into the living room to get her sketchbook before walking into the kitchen. Marley attempted to put her hair into a bun but the hair band Betty got her snapped and she was forced to leave her curls out. She made a mental note to buy more hairbands.

She greeted her aunt before sitting down on the dining table pouring herself some cereal.

"I'm going to call your mum tonight." Gina said.

"What? Why? She's made it clear what she wants." Marley said.

"I don't care Marley. She lied to me. To us," her aunt said.

Marley stayed silent, her shoes becoming very interesting until her aunt spoke.

"Get in the car, I'll drive you to school." Her aunt said.

---------------------------------------------
When Marley got to school she went to see the Soccer coach. 

Marley knocked on the coaches office before stepping in. She was a woman in her early thirties, she looked like a nice woman but she can really hurt your feeling if she wants to. Marley was a little scared of her. One time she said Marley runs like a dog with only two legs and she had to bite back tears.

"Mrs Ray. I know this may come as an inconvenience but I'd like to quit the soccer team." Marley said politely.

"Why is that Miss Davis?" The couch said not looking up from her clipboard planning the game play.

"I just have a lot going on right now, and I don't think I can manage school, my art and the school newspaper." Marley explained.

"Okay, that's fine. Thanks for letting me know." The coach said simply.

After leaving the room. Marley then walked to the Blue and Gold office and saw Jughead, Betty and Kevin. Marley decided to play it cool with Jughead, and to not bring up the kiss unless he mentions it's it first.

"This is how my dad had his board before it was trashed." Kevin said pinning something up on the board.

"What's you guys talking about?" Marley asked walking up to the group.

"Hey Marls, feeling better?" Betty asked her smiling.

"Yup, I'm peachy," Marley smiled place a gum in her mouth while she tried to avoid eye contact with Jughead.

"What are you guys doing?" Marley asked looking at Betty and Kevin.

"After the drive in someone broke into my house and stole evidence from my dad. This is how his investigation board looked." Kevin explained to her while Marley nodded and propped herself on the table.

Marley looked at the board taking in Jason's face.

"Jason wasn't ugly," Marley stated taking in his face.

"I know." Betty and Kevin gushed at the same time while Jughead just rolled his eyes.

"Any leads on who did that? And what they are looking for?" Jughead said going back on topic.

"Nope. No fingerprints. But they stole a bunch of files, background checks. All the video and audio tapes of police interviews," Kevin explained.

Before anyone could reply the door opened again and in walked Trev Brown. He's Valarie from the pussycats brother.

"Oh, hey, Betty," he said walking to the room and smiling at Betty.

"Trev, hey," Betty said smiling.

"Sorry to interrupt but-" Trev began before Betty spoke over him.

"Oh no, it's okay. We are just um, working on-"Betty started before Jughead interrupted.

"Our murder board." Jughead said bluntly. Trev looked at the four of them in shocked while they just started back.

"Oh well um, I just wanted to make sure we're still on for tomorrow." Trev said looking back at Betty.

"Absolutely. It's a date. I'll see you there." Betty said smiling.

Jughead, Marley and Kevin all looked at each other in shock.

"Bye, I'll see you." Trev said before walking out the door.

"Going on a date with Trev? Does mama cooper know about that?" Kevin asked.

"Yeah Betts. Wouldn't your mother freak out?" Marley asked popping her gum.

"Marls, Kev, I'm not on house arrest," Betty said to her two best friends and Kevin and Marley shot her a look before Betty sighed.

"Okay, she's out of town at a women in journalism spa retreat," Betty said giving in. Marley giggled.

"Anyway, I mean-- it's not a 'date' date." Betty explained walking towards a desk. 

"You just called it a date. You literally said, 'it's a date.'" Jughead said raising an eyebrow.

"It's just my cover, really it's an intelligence- gathering mission. We should focus on there one thing, we have access to that Sheriff Keller doesn't...the kids at Riverdale high." Betty explained. Marley popped her gum again before Betty started speaking again.

"Maybe Trev knows something about Jason that he didn't think was important." Betty said and Marley nodded.

"Okay, well keep me posted about this date, I've got chemistry. See you at lunch." Kevin said grabbing his backpack leaving the room.

"I've got Trig. I'll see you guys later." Betty said leaving the room after.

Marley and Jughead looked at each other.

"I...I am...I have to get something from my locker," Marley said grabbing her backpack and attempting avoid Jughead. Walking into the packed hallway going to her locker.

Jughead got up followed her to her locker.

"Why are you trying to avoid me?" Jughead asked her.

"Avoiding you? That's impossible Jughead your everywhere." Marley said taking out english book and notebook.

Jughead shot her a look before continuing. "Marls, please don't make this awkward. I wouldn't do it it again if you don't want me to." Jughead pleaded not wanting things to get awkward.

"Do you want to do it again?" Marley asked shutting her locker turning to look at Jughead.

Jughead felt the blood rushing to his cheeks taking a step closer to Marley "Well I wou-" Jughead began before he got cut off my Marley's aunt.

"Mr Jones, my lesson starts in a few minutes don't be late." Marley's aunt said interrupting their conversation on purpose smiling at Marley who shot her a glare.

"I'll be right there Miss Davis," Jughead said before he gently touched Marley's arm before turning to walk to his locker so he can get his books.

Marley frowned and walked to English sliding into her normal seat next to Veronica.

"Are you feeling better?" Veronica asked her.
"Well I was until 3 minutes ago when my aunt just interrupted a very important discussion." Marley said still kind of pissed off that her aunt interrupted.

"What happened?" Veronica asked sipping from her water bottle.

"Yesterday me and Jughead made out." Marley said bluntly. Veronica started choking on her water.

"That's great. Isn't that what you wanted? Why are you frowning? Did you kiss him first?" Veronica asked her.

"Yeah, but we haven't had time to talk about it. My aunt interrupted us yesterday and just interrupted a few minutes ago. And no surprisingly he kissed me first." Marley answered popping her gum.

"Oh, well it's not even lunch time yet. Just try to talk to him in before the end of the day," Veronica said.

After the boring lesson Veronica and Marley walked out of class and towards the canteen so Veronica can buy some fries. When the pair got them they saw Kevin, Betty and Jughead. Veronica looked at Jughead and looked at Marley before laughing while making it very awkward.

The five of them walked outside after Veronica got her food.

"Betty, you're positively radiating Nicolas Sparks. Tell me everything about this Trev," Veronica said smiling.

"Ohh, there's nothing to tell, just one of Betty's sources. There's nothing romantic in the offspring," Kevin said answering for Betty.

"Why is everything so weird here!? Why can't a date just be a date?" Veronica exclaimed and Marley shrugged.

They saw Archie sitting on the bleachers. Betty sat next to him while Veronica and Marley sat behind Archie and Kevin and Jughead behind them. Marley stole a fry from Veronica and put it in her mouth.

"Marley, how about you? Have you been kissing anyone?" Veronica said smirking already knowing the answer. Marley started choking on the fry while Jughead rubbed her back. Veronica giggled before turning to look at Archie.

"What about you, Arch? How's life in a PG world?" Veronica asked Archie while he looked at her confused.

"PG? Post-Grundy?" Veronica said Archie and Betty both looked at her.

"What, too soon?" Veronica asked while Marley just laughed at her friend.

"Coach Clayton says I have a spot at being varsity captain. So I'm not thinking about anything else right now." Archie said looking at Veronica.

"So your back to being boring?" Veronica asked putting more fries in her mouth. Marley opened her back back and got out a packet of Doritos offering some to Jughead which he took.

"Are you maybe throwing yourself into football as a away to avoid your feelings?" Betty asked him.

"I'm not avoiding anything, Betty. I'm trying to get my life back on track." Archie answered her going back to strumming on his guitar. Marley scoffed while Archie shot her a look.

Before Betty could reply Valarie Brown came down the steps sitting next to Archie.

"I can help with that, I know Miss Grundy was tutoring you-" Valarie began before Veronica interrupted her.

"Understatement of the year," Veronica muttered while Betty and Marley chuckled.

"There's this amazing songwriter from New York who is an adjunct at Carson College? Incredible mentor. He does some coaching on the side, and I told him about you. You want to meet him?" Valarie continued not hearing what Veronica said.

"Yeah. Yeah I'd love to, but football-" Archie began but Betty interrupted him.

"No, and Archie can and he will," Betty said answering from him.

"Call him if you want, but do it soon. His spots fill up fast." Valarie said putting the number in Archie's pocket.

"Thank you Val." Archie said thanking her. Before Valarie got up she looked at Marley.

"Hey Marley, I hope your feeling better, Josie told us you were feeling under the weather. You hair looks amazing down, you should wear it like that more often." Valarie said smiling before standing up and walking away.

"Aw she's nice, I like her." Marley said putting a Dorito in her mouth while Archie chuckled.

"Now you have zero excuse for avoiding music." Betty said to Archie.

Before Archie replied Cheryl came up to the group.

"Sorry to interrupt sad breakfast club." Cheryl started before continuing.
"But I'm here to formally invite you to Jason's memorial at Thornhill this weekend." Cheryl said handing each of them an invitation in a black envelope.

"To my surprise and chagrin, mother added you to the guest list. Incase you are tempted to steal our silver candlesticks, don't. We'll be searching bags," Cheryl said to Veronica causing everyone to roll their eyes.

"And Marley, I'd really appreciate it if you don't wear those stripper tights to my brothers funeral. Have come class for once." Cheryl said looking at Marley's tights before walking of.

"She however is not nice." Marley said looking at Cheryl's retreating figure while popping her gum.

"Try to remember, she is burying her brother." Betty said to Veronica and Marley.

"I'm not going to wear these tights to the funeral not because Cheryl told me not to but out of respect for Jason, he was a decent guy." Marley said looking down at her fishnet tights and popping her gum.

"Wow," Kevin said looking and Marley ignoring what she was saying.

"You can't go 10 minutes without blowing chewing gum bubbles." Kevin stated ignoring what Marley said.

"It's a bad habit. I can blow a massive one do you want to see?" Marley asked Kevin and the whole group nodded.

------------------------------------------------------

A/n; I may not may not have to write three chapters for this episode.

I hope you guys liked this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 221 50
A Inside World Of Riverdale! (Fan Fiction) This story is on going until I stop it
49.4K 910 37
no longer updating
254K 3.4K 37
I'll do Imagines and one-shots of every character of Riverdale.
172K 3.9K 28
jamais vu [Κ’a.mΙ›.vy] never seen. refers to the phenomenon of experiencing a situation that one recognizes in some fashion, but nonetheless seems very...