Mint. [J. J]

By Ixynoir

"What's your favourite flavour?" "Mint." [oc x jughead] Riverdale. Book 1. [Completed on 16.05.2017] [Pr... More

Extended summary + Cast and their playlist
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
Aesthetics
21
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30
31.
32.
33.
34.
35
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
New Fic.
BOOK TWO.

9.

6.4K 214 41
By Ixynoir

CHAPTER NINE
"Don't you have your own friends?"

After school Marley went home to wait for Kevin and Veronica to pick her up for the drive in. She wanted Jughead to come over to wait with her but he said he was busy again.

Marley sat down on her couch not bothering to turn on the Tv and started sketching. She had finished the sketch of Jughead that she started a day ago and just started another one. She didn't know why she was drawing Jughead. She didn't know why she had become obsessed with the shape of his nose and the freckles on his jaw or why she had become infatuated with his hazel eyes.  Marley sighed and shut her sketchbook leaning back into the couch.

Marley was confused about her feelings for Jughead, she didn't understand why she started thinking of him as more than a friend.

Marley heard the front door unlock signifying her aunts return home and pushed her thoughts about Jughead to the back of her mind.

"Hey Rosie Posey," Her aunt said smiling. Marley raised an eyebrow at her aunt confused as to why she called her that. Her aunt only calls her 'Rosie Posey' when she's in an incredibly good mood.

"What are you doing?" Aunt Gina asked sitting on the couch next to her.

"What I do best Aunt G, wallowing in self pity. Why are you so happy?" Marley asked her Aunt .

"Don't wallow for too long Kevin and Veronica should be picking you up soon. And I'm happy because James asked me to go to the Drive in with him," Gina said smiling.

"You really like him don't you?" Marley asked happy for her aunt.

"Yes I do," her aunt answered before continuing
"Where's Jughead? I haven't seen him for two days now, must be a world record." her aunt said.

Marley frowned at the mention of Jughead's name all her feelings coming back to her. "He's been busy. You know planning closing night at the Drive in," Marley answered popping her gum.

Marley's aunt nodded picking up her sketchbook flipping through the pages. If it was anyone else looking through her sketchbook she would've chopped their hands off.

The only people that she'll allow to look through her sketchbook was her aunt and Jughead. Her sketchbook was just drawings of things she sees that interested her some were of her aunt, some were of scenery and flowers. When Marley used to wake up from her nightmares she would draw what she dreamt off. As Gina got towards the end of Marley's sketchbook she noticed sketches of Jughead, she raised her eyebrow but didn't mention it.

"Aunt Gina," Marley asked suddenly getting her attention.
"Yes love?" her aunt answered.

"It's my birthday next week, can I get a puppy?" Marley asked hopefully turning to look at her.

"Yeah sure, you can also get a snake and a pet crocodile. Maybe a hippopotamus? Maybe then change your name to Steve Irwin?" Aunt Gina replied sarcastically.

"I'm being serious." Marley said shooting her aunt a glare.

"You would ask for a dog now, take care of it for a week before becoming bored of it leaving me to look after it." Gina said to Marley sending her a pointed look.

"Oh please, I promise you I won't. I'll look after it until it dies of old age."Marley pleaded pouting.

"I'll think about it. What do you even want to do for her birthday?" Her aunt asked her.

"I don't know. I might just invite the few people I talk to over to sleep over, watch movies and order take out," Marley said shrugging.

"Sounds like a good idea," Aunt Gina said before getting up.

"I'm going to go get ready for my date with James. Do you need any money? Just incase you leave before I'm ready?" Her aunt asked grabbing her purse.

"Who am I to say no to money?" Marley asked her aunt while her aunt chuckled handing her a twenty dollar bill before going upstairs to get ready.

Marley looked down at her outfit thinking if she should change or not. She was wearing a black t-shirt dress and black fishnet tights, on top she was wearing a blue and black flannel and on her feet were black converse. She decided not to change because she was too lazy.

20 minutes went by until Marley got a text from Veronica.

From: Ronnie

Me and Kevin are outside. Hurry up bitch x.

Marley then heard beeps coming from a car outside. She stuffed the twenty dollars in her jacket pocket along with some of her own money before sliding on her jacket and leaving her house.

She walked up to the truck and slid in next to Veronica.

"Hi guys!" Marley greeted when she was in the car.

"Hello Marls," Veronica said the same town Kevin said "Hi England."

The three of them drove to the drive in and parked. The three of them helped transfer blankets and pillows and snacks to the trunk. Marley sat next to Kevin making him in-between Marley and Veronica.

The three of them started watching the movie until Marley noticed Cheryl's car coming towards them.

"By the prickling of my thumbs, something wicked this was comes."Marley said quoting Shakespeare while Cheryl's car pulled up in front of them. Kevin and Veronica rolled their eyes at the thought of having to deal with Cheryl.

"Make some room outcasts," Cheryl commanded. Getting on the truck and sitting next to Veronica.

"Don't you have your own friends?" Marley asked Cheryl.

"You should be honoured that I'm willing to spend my time with you."Cheryl replied while Marley rolled her eyes and went back to watching the film.

"That hair," Kevin said referring to the main character of the film.
"That jacket," Veronica added.

"Jason always adored the Drive-in," Cheryl said randomly while Marley, Kevin and Veronica all looked at each other while rolling their eyes.

"I know her brother died and everything but does she have to bring him up every chance she gets?" Marley whispered to Kevin and he just laughed.

They tried to watch the movie in peace but couldn't because of the bikers at the back making noise and laughing loudly. Marley got frustrated and started to think that she may never get to watch this movie without interruptions.

"South side trash." Kevin said to the three of them.

"They've been doing that since the opening credits." Veronica said sounding fed up.

"Shhhhhh!" Kevin said turning to look at the bikers and they just mimicked him and laughed. Kevin frowned and went back to attempt to watch the film. Veronica noticed how frustrated Kevin and Marley were becoming and stood up.

"Hey! You know what happens to a snake when a Louboutin heel steps on it?! Shut the hell up or you'll find out!" Veronica shouted.

People started clapping and honking their car horns thanking her for standing up to the south side serpents.

"Atta girl Veronica," Marley said laughing. While Veronica did a small bow to the audience.
"Thank you," she said before sitting down in-between Kevin and Cheryl.

"I can't believe you just threatened a gangbanger," Kevin said while Marley put some popcorn in her mouth.

"I've dealt with worse in true east village. I just hate when people disrespect my cinematic experience." Veronica answered while looking at Cheryl.

Veronica grabbed the popcorn bucket from Kevin and handed it to Cheryl.

"How about a refill?" Veronica said to Cheryl.
Cheryl fake smiled before grabbing the bucket.
"Yeah Kev, how about a refill? Cherry cola as always," Cheryl said to him. Kevin rolled his eyes getting the bucket and hopping out of the truck.

"I'm bored now, I'm going to find Jughead. Goodluck Veronica," Marley said hopping out of the truck after Kevin.

Marley walked to the projection room not even knocking and she saw Jughead watching the film from there. She looked around and saw tools needed for showing films and movie. Marley also saw a bed.

"Marley your not allowed in here." Jughead said getting up to see her out.

"Why is there a bed in here?" Marley asked him.

"I don't know it's just here when I come to work ,I think one of the other workers may be living here" Jughead lied.

"Oh, okay then. Can I watch the movie in here with you?" Marley asked him sitting on a chair that was in he projection room.

"No you can't, your not allowed in here my boss will get angry." Jughead said he's been in a bad mood since he found out the drive in was closing.

"So what? It's not like he can fire you Jughead. They are knocking this building down tomorrow." Marley said not understanding why Jughead is snapping at her.

"Marley you need to leave. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Jughead snapped.

Marley was taken back by Jughead tones and stood up.

"Fine i will go." Marley said sounding hurt.

"Marls..." Jughead said noticing that he may have been too harsh on her.

Marley ignored him and just walked out of the projection room.

After Kevin dropped Marley home she went straight to her room. She picked up her phone and dialled the number she dialled a few days ago.

"Hello," a British accent said through the speakers.

"Hello mum," Marley answered.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jughead felt guilty and went to see Marley to apologise. Her aunts car wasn't in the drive way so he knocked on the door. He knocked for a few more minutes before deciding no one was home. He turned around to walk away and then he noticed Marley's bedroom light was on.

Jughead walked back to the front door and got the spare key from underneath the prosthetic plant pot and let himself in the house and walked up the stairs to Marley's bedroom.

He heard music coming from Marley's room. When he pushed open the door Marley was sat on the floor leaning against her bed with two empty bottles of vodka on the floor and half a bottle of wine in her hand.

"Jesus Christ Marley," Jughead said walking up to her and taking the bottle of red wine from her and putting it on her dresser.

He looked and her and sat down next to her on the floor, Marley laid her head on Jughead's lap while Jughead run his fingers through her curls.

"What happened Ro?" Jughead asked after a fe minutes.

"I spoke to my mum" Marley hiccuped.
"You did? What did she say?" Jughead asked still running his fingers through her hair.

"She asked me why I called her. She said that the only reason why she sent that letter is so Aunt Gina doesn't find out the truth," Marley began crying again. Marley sat up trying to stop her crying. She got up and walked to her dresser and picked up the bottle of  wine.

"Do you want to know what she said to me? She told me that I shouldn't call her again. That I should just allow her to move in with her fucking life. So she can build this amazing life," Marley paused to take a swing of the wine bottle finishing it in one chug. Marley had a strong tolerance for Alcohol.

"With her fucking lawyer husband and her fucking star pupil of a fucking son, and their fucking cat. She fucking lied to me and aunt Gina. She never gave a flying fuck about me. Why doesn't she love me?!" Marley shouted throwing the wine bottle against the wall, Jughead watched it shatter against the wall pieces of glass dropping to the floor.

"Oh Marls," Jughead said getting up walking towards her bringing her into a hug. He lead her to her bed so the both of them were leaning against the bed frame. Jughead rubbed Marley's back before talking.

"So what if she doesn't want you Ro? Why do you want her? She left you in England by yourself with an abusive man. You were homeless. She might not want you, but your Aunt Gina does, Betty does, Archie, Kevin, Veronica, Josie..." Jughead trailed off.

"I want you." Jughead said.

Marley's looked up at Jughead her drunk mind deciding to confess to her feelings for Jughead.

"Jughead I like you." Marley slurred. Jughead looked at her shocked.

Jughead Raised an eyebrow.
"I like you too?" Jughead said not really understanding what she meant.

"I like, like you" Marley explained yawning.

"Marley, your drunk" Jughead said rubbing her back.

"I'm drunk." Marley repeated before falling asleep on Jughead shoulder. After a few minutes of Jughead trying to make sense out of what just happened he got up.

Marley was blacked out. Jughead laid her down on her bed properly taking off her shoes and pulling the bed covers over her. He then went downstairs to get a dustpan and brush to sweep up the broken pieces of the wine bottle. He picked up the two empty bottles of vodka and walked downstairs to throw it in the trash. Half way down the stairs he heard Marley's aunt walk into the house.

"Crap," he muttered to himself.

"Jughead? Where's Marley? We're you guys drinking?!" Marley's aunt asked him looking at the bottles and getting angry.

"Marley's sleeping and no I personally wasn't drinking but she was, something happened." Jughead explained walking into the kitchen and throwing the bottles in the trash.

"What happened?" Marley's aunt said following him into the kitchen Jughead sighed and turned to look at her aunt Gina.

"Maybe she should tell you when she wakes up." Jughead said trying to leave the kitchen.

Marley's aunt put her hand on Jughead chest stopping him from walking out of the kitchen.

"Sit down," Gina commanded.

"Miss Davis-" Jughead began to try and reason with her.

"Forsythe Jones sit down," Gina instructed. Jughead sighed and sat down.

"Now explain to me what happened that made my niece want to drink her sorrows away," Gina said sitting opposite him on the dining table chair.

Jughead sighed explaining everything that happened including searching up Marley's Mum on Facebook.

---------------------------------------------------

A/n: I'm so excited to write about the next episode. I was going to make Marley throw up on Jughead but decided against it. That would be gross.

Vote and comment! X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 59.9K 69
𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲 | ❝ You can't deny we have chemistry, sweetheart. ❞ In which Reggie's know-it-all little sister is paired up with the Southside Se...
4.9K 126 12
Completed Betty Cooper, a new student at Riverdale High, decides to join the blue and gold, where she grows closer to Jughead Jones. Mature: sexual...
254K 3.4K 37
I'll do Imagines and one-shots of every character of Riverdale.
60.9K 1.2K 38
Sweet Pea x oc! started - 20 January 2018 finished - discontinued | discontinued | | not spell checked | | cringe warning |