Boarding School For Wolves

By 8o8_iNSANiTY

More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Epilogue

Chapter XIX

215K 3.4K 200
By 8o8_iNSANiTY

Not that long but, I thought you all deserved just a bit more. I know the last chapter didn’t end as you all expected. I know I pissed off a bunch of you because of it. But, don’t worry people I know what I’m doing lol.

& holy crap I almost fainted when xangelsmomx commented on the last chapter (she was the first commet!) so this chapter is dedicated to her! Yes, I know I sound like a crazy person! But, you'll understand once an amazing writter on this site reads and comments on your stories, it like WOW! I swear I started squealing and bouncing in my chair when I saw her comment and I am not afraid to admit it....Okay enough of my rambling, no go read! hahahaha I LOVE ALL YOU AWESOME READERS AND FANS!!!!!!!!

Vote

Comment

Fan

********************

I don’t know how long I sat there in front of the pack house crying. Mana hadn’t left my side the whole time. Nothing was said between us and it was better that way. I didn’t want comforting words of bullshit. What was the point of telling someone it was going to be okay if you, yourself didn’t believe it? That just made no sense. When my sob had lessened to nothing more than silent whimpers Mana helped me off the ground. 

“Let’s go back inside and see what’s going on now.” he suggested wrapping his arm around my waist. 

Nodding he led me back into the house. Amy, Jas and Ash were all clinging to their mates when we walked back in. I envied then in that moment. While they were secure in knowing that their mates were fine I was left to wonder about mine. It’s not that I wasn’t glad that my friends were all okay because I was. The girls all looked up as I had stopped to look at them.

“I am so sorry,” Ash said coming over to hug me.

“You just have to think positive.” Amy sniffed wrapping her arms around me.

“Yeah, you know Cain can pull through this. It’ll take a lot more than what happen for him to leave you.” Jas whispered joining out little group hug. 

“Do you guys know what going on?” Mana asked 

“Doctors still with him again.” Dean said looking down at his hands. “He brought Cain back, but, we don’t know what’s going to happen next.”

“Come on, let’s get you to him.” Mana said pulling me away from out friends. 

“Cain may have hit a rough patch right now,” Austin said “But, if anyone can pull through this it’s him.”

I let Mana pull me up the stairs. My body was emotionally and physically exhausted. I hadn’t slept in over 24 hours and with all the crying I’ve done my body was now feeling it. I was quite literally dead on my feet. The doctor was talking with Brent quietly down the hall from the room Cain was in. Pulling away from Mana I walked into the room. The shallow rise and fall of Cain’s chest along with the beeping of the monitors were the only thing that let me know that he was alive. 

There was a chair next to the bed he was laying on. Taking a seat I took his still cold hand in mind and ran the tips of my fingers over his bruised knuckles. The doctor may have brought him back again, but, I wouldn’t believe he was truly okay until he opened his eyes. For right now I would be content with knowing that he was still alive, just sleeping. Resting my head on the edge of the bed I placed his hand on my cheek and let my eyes close. 

*********************

The days we spent waiting for Cain to wake up seemed to blur together. I didn’t pay attention to the time that passed I hardly slept, hardly ate. I spent most of my time sitting next to Cain holding his hand praying that today would be the day where he finally woke up. Everyday I was crushed a little more when he didn’t wake. I wasn’t losing hope, far from it actually. The doctor had said that he healing nicely and given a few more days (maybe a week) his body should be fully healed. Though he wasn’t sure when he would actually wake up.

Everyone had tried to get me to take a break but, I just couldn’t do it. I couldn’t leave Cain’s side no mater what. I didn’t want to risk leaving him and having him wake up while I was gone. I wanted to be there when he opened his eye. I wanted to be the first person he saw when he woke up. Everyone else had returned back to school a few days after the fight. I didn’t blame them for leaving, they had their educations to worry about. School was at the bottom of my priority list. It didn’t really matter anyway since it was a school for wolves and everyone had known what happened. 

They all came by every day after school to check up on Cain and I. Mana would bring my school work for the day. He would stay until after dinner and just sit with me in the room. He had tried to get me to at least do some of my work while I was sitting and waiting. But, if I couldn’t eat and I couldn’t sleep, I don’t know what made him think I was going to be able to do school work. 

When I found out all the details of what happened during the fight I was furious. Dean hadn’t given me the details and after hearing them I knew why. I couldn’t believe that the hunter who had shot Cain, had shot him in the back while he was already in the cover of the trees. They were a real piece of work, cowering the woods while shooting a soon to be alpha. The next time I came across hunter (if I ever did) I will be ripping him or her limb from limb. 

“Kaila?” Alpha Nixon called out softly as he entered the room.

“Yes, Alpha?” I whispered keeping my eyes on Cain. 

“There’s someone here to see you.” he said 

My eyebrows furrowed as I looked back at him. Who would be coming to see me? All our friends just came straight to the room. “Who?” I asked 

“Your parents are here with your brother.” he replied 

I looked back down at Cain, I really didn’t want to leave him even if my parents are here.

“I’ll stay with him,” Alpha Nixon said coming to stand next to me. 

“Call me if anything changes.” I said 

“I will.” he nodded 

Standing from the chair that I had been sitting on for the last 24 hours I could feel and hear all my joints popping. This always happened when someone finally managed to get me out of it. The last time I had stood was yesterday when Mana made me go and take a shower. I placed a soft kiss on Cain’s forehead before reluctantly leaving the room. My parents family was waiting in the living room when I got downstairs. 

“Oh, baby, I’m so sorry,” my mom cried pulling me into her embrace. 

“How are you baby girl?” my dad asked

“How am I supposed to be, dad?” I asked my voice void of any emotion. “Am I supposed to be all happy and smiling while my mate is lying in a bed fighting for his life?”

“Don’t do this Kai,” my brother said “Don’t shut us out.”

“I’m not trying to do that, I was simply asking a question.” I said turning my gaze to my younger brother who was perched on one of the love seats. “Or would you rather I have said that I’m scared out of my mind that my mate wont make it? That I’ll lose him like I almost did the day of the fight? That I feel like my heart is trying to rip itself out of chest at the thought of him never waking up again. That I feel like part of me is missing?” I said all in one breath as tear gathered on my lashes “Do you want to know what it feels like to be helpless? To sit by and all I can do is watch my mate as his wolf struggles to heal the damage that was done to his body, knowing that there is absolutely nothing that I can do.”

My family gathered around me saying nothing. They didn’t know what I was feeling. Neither of them had lost a mate or even came close to it. My mother took me back into her arms as the tears began to fall. I hadn’t cried since the day it happened. That day I had cried till the tears had dried up and even after I still sobbed; they wouldn’t stop. No my tears were back full force and there was nothing I could do to stop them. 

I stayed locked in my mothers arms for what seemed like eternity. My dad and brother stood by occasionally rubbing soothing circles on my back. But, like with Mana I didn’t want their touch. I wanted the touch of my mate and I couldn’t get that till he woke up. After another hour or so my family left to take my brother back to the school. They had said they would be back some time this evening or early tomorrow morning. 

Heading back upstairs I leaned against the wall next to the door of the room. The lack of sleep and the tears I had just said left me feeling weak. My body slid down the wall till I made contact with the floor. I didn’t have the energy to pull my legs up to my chest and wrap my arms around them like I wanted to do. Resting my head against the wall I gaze up at the ceiling. 

“Whoever the hell it is that watches over the wolves, if you can hear me please bring my mate back to me.” I whispered “We’ve come too far in such a short amount of time to be ripped apart like this. What is the point of having a mate if you can’t even spend the rest of your life with them; It’s just cruel. I just want him back.”

I tried to fight the heaviness of my closing lids but, I couldn’t. My body needed it’s rest no matter how much I fought to stay awake. As sleep tugged at me I felt two warm arms scop me up. My protests died on my lips as I began to move. My body was placed on a bed, the same bed as Cain. I had just enough strength to move myself closer to him and wrap my arm around his waist, burring my face in his chest. A blanket was pulled over our bodies before the soft click of the door told me whoever it was had left the room.

“Come back to me, Cain. I love you, please come back to me.” I whispered before sleep took me in it’s grasp.

******************

Cain’s POV

Pain.

That’s all I could feel. I swear when you die you aren’t supposed to feel pain. Right? I know I died, I felt myself slip away from it all. I felt the life slowly leave my body, so why was I feeling pain? Was I in hell? That would seriously suck, if that’s the case. I know I hadn’t been the best person around, but come on! 

I tried to open my eyes but, I couldn’t. Tried to move and I was unsuccessful with that as well. You’d think that when you died you’d be able to move around or at least see where you were whether it be heaven or hell. Maybe I was the exception to that. That would just be my luck wouldn’t it.

Whispers came to my ears. I couldn’t make out the words or differentiate the voices but, I knew there was more than one. At least I think it was more than one. My thoughts were proven true when one voice faded away. But, still the whispers didn’t stop. Was whoever it was talking to me? They had to be, right? I mean, that would be kind of weird to be talking to yourself.

Whoever it was talking didn’t stop. I don’t know how long it was and yet I still didn’t know what the person was saying. As the words kept flowing I came to the conclusion that I was in fact very much alive. Well to some extent anyway. Eventually that voice faded as well leaving me alone with te darkness that still hovered around me.

There was movement to my left and soon another body cuddled up next to mine. I knew instantly who it was; my mate - Kaila. She was here with me. She was safe. I had done what I said I would and kept the hunters from going to the school. The warmth of her body pressed against mine took the pain away. I could feel her arm wrap around my waist and her face press into my chest. 

“Come back to me, Cain. I love you, please come back to me.” those were the only words that broke through the fog. 

I wanted to scream out that I loved her too and that I wasn’t going anywhere, I was here. But, seeing as I couldn’t move or open my damn eyes, my voice wasn’t working either. 

Rest.’ my wolf whispered ‘we will see our mate soon.’

I want to see her now.’ I said to him ‘Why not now?

Your human half is still too weak. I have done all I can to heal you, now we wait till your body is ready.’ he replied then faded away.

Well, my body better start shifting itself into gear because I wanted to see my mate. Though I could feel her it wasn’t the same as seeing her face and wrapping my arms around her body. I wanted to tell her I loved her and look into her eyes as she told me she loved me too. 

Kaila’s POV

That night was the best nights sleep I had since the fight. When I woke the next day the sun was already beginning to set. My body was still wrapped around Cain’s and I didn’t want to move. I glanced up as the door opened to reveal the doctor. I didn’t move as he check checked up on Cain and he didn’t ask me to. When he left I settled myself back on the bed. I laid on my side and played with Cain’s fingers. 

Threading my fingers through his I looked up at his face. With my free hand I reached up to trace the lines of his face. He looked so peaceful. With my pointer finger I traced the outline of his lips. If I hadn’t been paying such close attention I would’ve missed how his lips parted ever so slightly.  My heart jumped in my chest. I scrabbled up onto my knees and framed his face with the hand I had been using. 

“Wake up baby, open your eyes.” I whispered running my thumb across his bottom lip. “Please open your eyes for me.”

I watched as his eyes fluttered slightly but they didn’t open.

“That’s it, come on.” I said tightening the hand that was holding his. I felt his had squeeze mine softly. If my senses weren’t as good as they were I wouldn’t have even felt it. “I love you Cain, come back to me.”

A soft barely audible groan left his lips. The first smile I’ve had since this crap happened graced my lips. I kissed his lips softly.

“Come back to me.” I whispered against his lips before apply a bit more pressure. “Open your eyes.”

“Kaila...” his voice barely a whisper. 

I leaned back and looked down at his face. The minutes ticked by and nothing more happened. I knew it had happened, that I wasn’t dreaming or going crazy. I didn’t want to feel like that again. The tick of the clock in the room seemed to echo as I waited for my mate to wake up. Another groan and slowly but surly his eyes opened just a crack.

“Kaila,” he groaned 

“I’m right here Cain,” I sniffed tears I didn’t know I shed falling down my face.

He squeezed his shut for a moment before finally opening them all the way.

“I love you,” he whispered gazing up at me.

“I love you too.” I smiled leaning down to kiss him. “I love you so much.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 9.3K 22
Minutes before saying I do, Sherilyn Jane realized her mistake and bolted , a wedding gown in her trunk and a baby in her belly! In Panama City she f...
343K 13.5K 24
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
Help Me By 炸鸡

Teen Fiction

5.4M 165K 53
Riley Thompson has always been the quiet girl in the corner. The girl who never talks to anyone. The girl who has no friends. But what they don't kno...
6.7K 270 19
Going on a school trip abroad can be described with many juxtaposing thoughts, but should never be linked to fatalities or injury. Juniper Pearl Foxx...