The Sins of a Father

由 CharlyDashwood

Raven Evans has known only two things about her biological parents. 1) her mother, Lily, died by the hand of... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty - four
Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Seven: Battle of Hogwarts
Chapter Twenty Eight: The Final Battle
Chapter Twenty Nine: Memories of a Father
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One!
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Six

5.2K 125 38
由 CharlyDashwood

           The next morning I had forgotten that George crept into my bed. So when I heard someone else's breathing and felt someone else's arm, I quickly started to panic. I turned my head to see who the stranger was and when I saw his ginger hair my mouth released a quiet chuckle and I snuggled closer to him, which actually caused him to stir. 

"What? Huh?" he mumbled, I turned to face and softly planted my finger on his lips. 

"Shh, nothing go back to sleep," I whispered, as I turned my back to him again and tried to go back to sleep but my body wouldn't see it done so I continued to lay in his arms, content and happy until he too finally woke up. I turned to him and smiled. 

"Good morning," I smiled, George smiled back and kissed me softly. 

"Good morning," he replied softly. 

"Does Fred know that you spent the night?" I asked him in the same soft whisper. 

"Yeah, I told him that if I was going to die then I wanted to have a taste of what my life was going to be like," he grinned as he explained. I grinned thinking about the happy days we might have had. 

"I don't want to leave, let's just stay here for today, forget the world and just hold each other, who knows how much time we'll have left." George squeezed me between his arms and kissed my hair. 

"I agree I'm not leaving until someone forces us out of the bed, deal?" 

"Deal," I sealed the promise with a light kiss on his mouth and turned my whole body towards his face. I outlined his face my fingers, I traced every feature of his face - even his ear and the hole where the ear was supposed to be. "You know I think you look better without two ears," I pointed out. George laughed cynically at my comment. "You do - plus I can finally tell, which twin you are so don't ever feel bad about the ear." 

"I've never felt bad about my bloody ear I had more important things to think about." All of the sudden there was a crack near the door. We both froze and pretended to be asleep, slowed our breathing and relaxed in each other's arms as we heard the door squeak open. I feared that it would be Molly or Arthur and I imagined them screaming at the scandal that they thought had taken place but I kept my eyes shut. The person walked through the door and a wet cold sensation splattered on me and George, our eyes snapped open and we both sat up in the bed and saw the laughing Fred trying to stay standing. 

"Fred!" George and I both screamed. We should've seen it coming but failed to do anything about it. We looked at how ridiculous we looked and soon enough we were all laughing at each other. After a while Molly walked in to see what the ruckus was but she immediately went to George and me in the same bed soaking wet. 

"What's going on in here?" she demanded, angrily; we all looked at each other for some sort of answer but could convey none. 

"Molly this isn't what you think it is," I hurried to say but she had held her had up to stop me. 

"George Fabian Weasley I am going to ask you a question and I don't care what the answer is I want an honest answer," she spoke calmly but her insides were not calm. 

"Shoot mum," he replied coolly leaning on his elbows. Molly took a deep breath and placed her arms acrossed her chest.

"Are you still a Virgin?" she asked in the same tight calm voice. George's face turned bright red and I started to laugh quietly. 

"Yeah Mum, Raven and I haven't done anything like that, we're both waiting patiently, I just wanted to see what it was like to sleep next to the person I love," he answered, kind of sheepishly. Molly eyed us both with suspicion then finally left us all alone. When we heard her go down the stairs we all looked at one another then finally burst out laughing. After we were all done laughing, I opened the covers and stretched, feeling each bone in my spine crack, my back kind of felt stiff and my neck was suffering the same fate. 

"Did I move at all last night?" I asked George in mid crack of my neck. I paused to reevaluate my question, it didn't sound quite right and we all started to laugh again. 

"No, you were like a statue all night. I didn't even feel you budge," he answered mid yawn.

"Huh, that's why I'm so stiff, well let's start training." I stood up, stretched one more time, grabbed my clothes then hurried to the shower.

      The falling water seemed to loosen the tense muscles in my neck and back. When I was finished I wrapped my body in a towel then transferred to a robe, then used my towel to wrap my wet drippy hair up. When I looked into the bathroom, I noticed something different than before, I took my somewhat dry hand and wiped the mirror and saw my father standing in the background, I gasped and turned but there was no one there. 

"Dad?" I asked the reflection, he smiled faintly and nodded. "What are y - what are you doing?" I asked the reflection. 

"I haven't gotten much time but I need you to listen to me. It's your - " 

"What makes you think that I'd believe anything you'd say?" I demanded angrily. My father raised his hands to hush. 

"I know you have no reason to believe me but just hear me out, Voldemort is coming tomorrow with his army and - " 

"Sorry Dad, but we already figured that out, we're going to be ready for Voldemort and everything he's got." 

"That's good, I'm really proud of you but what I want to say is please Raven, stay out of this battle, stay safe for George - for me," he begged. I scoffed at him and as I was about to respond George opened the door, looked at in the mirror and saw my father disappear. He stared at the mirror then back to me then to the mirror and finally to me. 

"Was your father just inside the mirror?" he asked. 

"Yes and I can explain why, it isn't what it looked like," I rambled quickly before he could accuse me of anything. 

"And what did it look like?" he questioned, a little baffled by the whole situation. 

"It looked like I was giving my father information about the Order and I am telling you right now that if you trust me then you'd know that I would never do that to you or the Order, I mean I can see why you'd think that, because I'm his daughter and I'm most likely going to stay loyal to him because he's my own living relative but that is not true George," I explained as quickly as possible. 

"Holy cow Raven calm down, I never thought for one moment that you were giving information to him but what did he want anyway?" he asked. 

"He was telling me that we were right about the attack, and he begged me to stay at the Burrow where I would be safe." 

"Wait if he knows you're at the Burrow, why doesn't he try to get you back again?" George asked curiously. 

"Maybe because Voldemort doesn't want to waste his men on one girl that has no use," I answered. 

"Or because your father isn't really bad and he just misses his daughter," he suggested.  I scoffed at him accompanied with an eye roll.

"Yeah I'm sure that's it," I chortled dryly.

"It was just a thought, but you need to  hurry up because we're getting ready to start." 

"Okay, I'll be down in a minute, George," I told him. I jogged to my room, quickly put on some clothes that had some tears in them but I was in a hurry. I raced down the stairs with wand in hand and met everyone outside except for Tonks.  

"Where's Tonks?" I inquired of the group outside. 

"She's with our son, I figured she should not fight, Teddy is going to need a mother if not a father," Remus responded. 

"I didn't know that you two were married, let alone parents - congratulations!" I exclaimed. 

"Thank you - now let's get started. Today we've set up a little obstacle course, we're all against each other but for this only use stunning, disarming and freezing spells, we don't want anyone getting seriously injured a day before we go and fight. Is everyone ready?" he asked, looking each of us in the face, looking for indication to start. I nodded at him when he looked at me, then suddenly the world was painted the color of night and it seemed like my body had just been thrown into a war, I spotted what looked like a Death Eater so I didn't hesitate.  The Death Eaters were really all of us, we all looked like Death Eaters at one time or another.

"Stupefy!" a glamorous red spark shot out of my wand and hit the Death Eater square in the back; I smiled at myself and ran around to find someone else to fight or someone to fight alongside. I found Arthur dueling a Death Eater, while another one crept behind him, I raced over to the other Death Eater. 

"Pertifictus Totalus!" I yelled, I barely hit the Death Eater but the spell still worked. Arthur finished off the Death Eater, gazed at the one frozen on the ground, looked at me then nodded at me to show his thankfulness. I returned the nod and ran around some more, almost all the of the Death Eaters were gone but when I saw George struggling with a Death Eater I ran over to him to help but I had been stunned. I fell to the ground and closed my eyes then waited to get feeling back into my body, when I opened my eyes and my body was normal, the darkness was gone and also the Death Eaters. Molly stood above me, muttering to herself. My eyes scanned the area searching for the twins and I saw them  away from the house. Neither of them looked happy, their voices were angry but I couldn't really make out what they were saying.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" I inquired. I happened to be quite curious, the twins hardly ever argued and it was worrying me.

"You aren't going to Hogwarts," George told me. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, searching for clarification. 

"I mean I'm not going to let you fight." I raised my eyebrows challengingly and put all my weight to one side. 

"Excuse me? Since when did you start telling me what I can and cannot do?" I challenged with one eyebrow raised above another. 

"Since I saw you "die" during training. The real thing - the war is going to be faster, fiercer and there are no retries. I will not loose you during this." 

"I flubbed one time, that doesn't mean I'm going to make a mistake next time," I defended. 

"True but you can't fix a mistake if you're dead," he countered

"Fred, tell him that I can fight," I motioned towards his brother. 

"I know you can do it Raven but I'm going to have to go with George on this one, you're going to be my brother's wife, I need you to be alive for him." 

"Then why doesn't George stay too, so we both can live?" I challenged Fred. 

"Because as pathetic, and funny and sometimes useless my brother is but I also know that we need all the help we can get," Fred responded. 

"That's exactly why you need me!" I exclaimed. 

"I'm not going to get in a fight with you over this," George stated firmly as he started towards the Burrow 

"Fine, but I'm still coming," I insisted, while following him in the house, he turned around to stop me, his brown eyes blazing with anger.  He put his arms on my upper arms, holding me still.

"No, you aren't Raven -  what do I have to do to make you see that you are not coming!" he yelled. The raising of his voice frightened me, never in my whole experience of knowing George has he ever risen his voice to me. I shrank back from him, held my head high, then marched to my room where I stayed for the rest of the day. 

Right before I went to bed, George came in with an apologetic face. I turned my nose away from him, grabbed my hair brush and starting brushing it. George sat on the edge of my bed. 

"Raven I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled at you but I'm just so afraid, alright? I'm scared for tomorrow. I'm scared that the same family downstairs isn't going to be there and I want at least one person I can come home too when it's all over." 

"I understand, but what about you? What about our life together? What if you're the one that dies? How am I supposed to move on? George, my heart has taken enough heart break for one lifetime and I realize that not everyone is going to come back but I need you to come back," I argued gently, finally facing him.  George's face had softened, his hand went to mine and held it tightly. 

"I will come back, we're soulmates, remember?" 

"I remember," I sighed, peering into his brown eyes, trying to search for some kind of solace. 

"Will you stay here, with Tonks? For me?" he asked. I kissed him quickly. 

"I promise," I responded. "Are you coming to bed?" I asked him, making room for him on my bed.

"So I'm forgiven?" he asked. 

"Of course," I whispered as my lips reached his again. George got into bed and I snuggled in next him. I don't know how but I would fight in this war, no matter what George said. I trained too hard, invested too much in this cause not to fight.

For everyone that is reading this should know that I do NOT own Harry Potter or its characters.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

971K 29.1K 50
Jessica Wallwirt has lived with her mother for the past 11 years until one day her mother snaps and sends her to live with her father, none other tha...
90.5K 2.6K 49
Severus Snape Love Story (With soundtrack that sets the scene!!) Mya Taylor, who has been transferred from Beauxbatons to Hogwarts is glad to get a...
4.7K 207 21
Jinx Darlington is a pureblood witch that was sorted into the House of Slytherin her first year at Hogwarts. She only has one friend, Severus Snape...
57.2K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...