Until The Very End

By DeeDee_1607

Highest Rank - #20 in Teen Fiction Elizabeth Conner is a normal 17 year old girl...well that's what it seems... More

Until The Very End
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Author note
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 part 1
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 24 Part 3
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Epilogue

Chapter 37

8.5K 249 52
By DeeDee_1607

Blake's POV

Green, blue

That's everything I see. I was in an opening somewhere in the middle of the forest. The wind was blowing and the sky was blue. It was too silent. I don't hear and birds or people or anything.

"Where the fuck am I?" I asked myself.

I turned around and again and again with the hope to find something that tells me where I was.

I felt...good? My body felt so light and my mind was literally blank. I felt so relaxed as of I don't have any worries and my life which is completely wrong but I can't help feel like this.

"Oh my God, Blake! This isn't the time to relax, dammit." I muttered to myself and made my way to somewhere.

Suddenly I saw a light coming from the end of the field. It looked like a white hole but it was shining brightly. I made my way towards it when suddenly someone grabbed my wrist. I turned around and my eyes widened at the person who stood in front of me.

"Not that way, son." my father told me softly.

"Dad?" I asked shocked as I stared at him.

"It's nice to see you, son. Well, it would be better if we both weren't in this kind of situation." he said with a half smile. 

"Situation? What kind of situation?" I asked confused.

His face got serious and I know that something really bad must have happened.

"Do you remember what had happened before you came here?" he asked me.

I thought for a moment. I was in a club and then drove home...wait I don't remember getting home...I was driving and then...

My eyes widened as I looked back at my father.

"I died?" I asked in disbelief.

He shook his head.

"No, not yet. You're in a coma and this place lays somewhere between earth and heaven. You're not dead but you're also not alive." he explained.

"Wait, how do you know I'm in a coma?" I asked.

"I can see everything from here. Come." he said and went ahead of me.

I followed him to somewhere when he suddenly stopped. He pointed at something which looked like that white hole but this one was different. It was smaller than the other and there was something inside.

"Go ahead and take a look." he said.

I went up to the hole and looked in. First I saw my mom sitting beside my father's bed as she speaks to him. I smiled at her. I do really miss her.
Then the picture changed to Elizabeth who was laying in her bed. She looked...different.

"Is...is this real?" I asked not looking away from her.

"Yes. That's how she looks and what she is doing right now."

My heart fell at the sight of her. She was so pale and much thinner than before. Her hair and lips lost their color. However, she was still the prettiest girl I have ever met.
She seemed like scolding Alice and Zack. I recognised the couple sitting beside her bed as Rose and Drake but the other two who were standing beside her...Chase and..Victoria?

"Wait, Victoria?!" I asked aloud as I stared at her.

She has changed. Very much. She looks like a human being and not a barbie doll.

"Wait, how long have I been in a coma?" I asked.

"More than 1 month." my dad answered. 

1 month?! One freaking month?!

"Is there a way I can go back?" I asked immediately.

"There is. Go into the forest and you will wake up." he said.

I didn't ask how and started to walk to the forest when I thought of something.

"Wait, why aren't you waking up when it's that easy?" I asked as I looked at him.

He gave me a warm smile.

"Because I can't." he answered.

"What? Why?"

"This place is not only a place where you can decide to live or die. This is also a place where people wait for their body to die so that they can go to heaven. And I'm one of them.
My body won't hold on any longer than this, son." he said.

"What? What kind of bullshit is that?! You can't just let us alone, dad. What about mom and Emily...what about me?" I asked.

My voice cracked at the end. I haven't cried for a long time and this is really unfamiliar for me.

"I'm sorry, son. I didn't plan on leaving like this. However, I don't have a choice. I can't go back. It's time for me to go."

"So that's it? You're leaving us like this?" I asked.

He came up to me and hugged. I really missed his hugs.

"I love you, Sandra and Emily very much. Don't ever forget that. Don't worry, I will always watch over you guys." he said.

I tried to hold back my tears as I heard him say that.

He pulled back and I saw tears running down his cheek. This was one of those rare moments that I see my father cry. He is always so cheerful and would make us happy. Now he will be forever gone.

"Tell your mom to take good care of herself and that I really love her."

"I will." I answered.

"You and Emily too. Take good care of each other. You're are the men now in the house. Take good care of those two crazy girls." he joked trying to light up the mood.

That was it. A tear fell down my cheek. My father chuckle.

"I haven't seen you cry for a while now. Having your bad boy image being destroyed by your girlfriend is really funny to see." he said again with a smile.

"Oh shut up, dad. You were also like that when mom came into your life." I said with a smile.

"Your mom is scary so I had no other choice than change for her." he said and laughed at the memories.

"Elizabeth is the same." I said with a huge smile when I thought about her.

"Elizabeth is a really sweet and lively  girl. Don't let her go, son. You won't find a person like her again who visit you everyday at the same time to tell you some story, who takes good care of you and who loves you with her body and soul."

"Don't worry, I don't plan on letting her go again. I have to apologise to her." I said as I thought about the time she told me about it and I snapped at her.

I just couldn't take the truth because it meant that I was losing another person who I love so much.

"Good, then convince her to take the surgery."

My head snapped at him.

"What surgery? Does that mean that she could live?" I asked my voice filled with hope.

"Yes, she will get a heart from someone else who fits with hers but she doesn't want to take it." he explained sadly.

"What? Why would she refuse? Doesn't she want to live?" I asked hurt.

It might be because of me. I was so awful to her. I didn't support her line a boyfriend should do, I didn't stand by her side like a boyfriend and I didn't show her my love. I'm really a horrible boyfriend.

"She wants to live but she doesn't want to accept the heart she will get."

"From whom will she get it?" I asked.

"From me." he said.

My eyes widened again.

"From you?" I asked not believing what I just heard.

He nodded.

"She thinks that I will wake up soon but I won't. She thinks that you and Sandra would hate her for taking my life but I am already dying and that's not her fault. So please, talk to her and tell her that it would be a honor for me to be her life support. I want to be useful until the very end." he told me.

I slowly nodded my head at him. I felt my eyes getting wet again and this time I didn't tried to stop it.

"So this really means goodbye forever." I said.

"Yes, it's time for you to go back. You still have many things to do. I don't want to see you so early on the other side." he joked again with tears streaming down his cheek.

"Goodbye, father."

"Goodbye, son. Take good care of everyone." he said for a last time before I run into the woods.

As I took one step into the woods something warm surrounded me and I closed my eyes. I felt weird.

I opened my eyes again and saw the white ceiling above me.

"I'm really back..." I mumbled to myself.

Tears made its way up to my eyes and this time I cried without stopping.

That was the last time I saw my father.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 965 28
Complete! "You know I really like you, right?" He was definitely drunk. "You do?" I asked. My voice was supposed to be teasing, but I think it ca...
48.5K 3.3K 26
"Sometimes you have to learn to love yourself before you can love someone else." Ellie Sparks stands out in a crowd... in all the wrong ways. From bi...
280K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
85.3K 3.1K 42
Emma Carpenter is a classic example of a nerd. She does her homework, gets straight A's, reads all the time, and never gets in trouble. Then one day...