Faded Scars (Daryl Dixon)

Por LegacyLace

Fear. It came when the dead began to roam the streets and cities, but for Scarlett Evans it was always there... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 34

2.9K 67 0
Por LegacyLace

Everyone was busy getting ready for the attack that was coming soon. Leona, Glenn, and Michonne went out to check on the wires, Rick and Carl were talking and from my view Carl looked pissed. Maggie, Hershel, and Beth were packing bags and moving them to the cars, and Daryl was about to load up his motorcycle. I had hidden mine earlier this morning, in the woods where it wouldn't be spotted. Daryl had told me and Carol about his brother and what had happened. Merle had taken down eight of the Governor's men before he was shot in the chest and Daryl found him as a walker, and had killed him.

I walked over to where he was standing next to the bike. "Want some help?" I said softly and he nodded. I used the planks of wood that sat in the bed of the pickup as a ramp and helped him move the bike into the back. Carol walked over as we finished and Daryl leaned against the pickup. "You know...Merle never did nothing like that his whole life." He looked up at me and Carol. "He gave us a chance." Carol said softly and Daryl nodded. "He was brave for standing up against the Governor, no one else would have done that." I said softly. He nodded and turned back towards the bike, making sure it was stable. I headed back inside as Leona, Glenn, and Michonne came back. Carl stomped from the cell block furious as Rick walked over, running a hand through his hair. "I've never seen him this mad." Glenn said to Rick. "Even with Lori. He just shut down." Rick looked up at Glenn. "He's still a kid. It's easy to forget that." He walked away and I threw my bow over my shoulder. Once things were packed up the prison was empty, we had spilt off into our groups and got ready. Me, Leona, Maggie, and Glenn were positioned outside while Daryl, Michonne, Carol, and Rick waited in the tombs with smoke bombs. Hershel, Beth, Carl, and Judith were in the woods hiding away from the prison.

Me and Leona were in the guard tower closest to the prison, waiting. We were hiding from sight when I heard vehicles approaching and I glanced to where Maggie and Glenn were hiding. A loud bang then sounded followed by an explosion. "That's gotta be one of the guard towers near the front." Leona whispered. The sound of an automatic rifle firing sounded through the prison, but it wasn't close. "Must have hit the wire." I whispered and Leona gave a breathy chuckle. "Bastards." It died down after a while, but I heard another explosion and moved Leona down the stairs of the guard tower. I heard the automatic rifle again, probably taking out some of the walkers that had wandered into the courtyard. Some of them must had made it pass the wire because I heard car engines coming closer and Leona sighed.

I heard yelling and shouting coming from near the prison. I slowly went up the stairs, Leona following behind me, and looked out. The fence was knocked down and Martinez led the people into the cell block. I saw the Governor following behind them at a steady pace and rolled my eyes. I looked over at Maggie and Glenn, who were still hiding, and then my eyes trailed to the automatic rifle sitting on the back of a truck. I turned to Leona and she grinned evilly.

I slowly cracked the door and looked out, making sure the area was clear. When I saw it was, Leona creeped out and quickly made her way to the truck. She hopped up on the truck and began to unload the ammo from the rifle. I slipped out and made my way into a shadowed area of the prison as she hopped down and bolted for the grass. I could see Maggie glaring at me and I blew her a kiss. She rolled her eyes and focused back on the prison. Suddenly, screams and gunfire came from the prison and people ran out. Maggie, Glenn, and I opened fire at their feet as they ran towards the cars. We didn't want to hurt them if we could help it, however the Governor was an exception.

"Hit it!" Martinez shouted to a man that climbed up and tried to fire the automatic rifle. "The ammo's gone!" The man shouted back and tried to hop down. My pistol was quickly pointed straight at him and I aimed it lower, I fired and hit the man in the leg. Martinez ran over to help and tried to pinpoint me, but I hid in the shadow. They soon piled into the cars and quickly drove off. I came out of the shadows and walked over to Leona, grabbing the ammo that was slung over her shoulder. We made our way back to the prison, Maggie telling us how irresponsible and crazy we are.

We joined the others back at the prison, the chain of ammo over my shoulder. Glenn gave me a small smile and Maggie rolled her eyes. "Oh lighten up, Mags." Leona cooed and Maggie glared at her. "We did it, we drove them out." Rick stated. "We should go after them." Michonne said. "We should finish it." Daryl agreed. They both wanted revenge and I couldn't blame them. Daryl glanced at me, seeing the chain of ammo hanging on my shoulder. Leona hung an arm over my shoulder and gave him a smile. "It is finished." Maggie said. "Didn't you just see them hightail it outta here?" Michonne stepped forwards. "They could regroup." She said and Leona's hand slipped to her knife. "Don't." I whispered, so only she could hear me. She rolled her eyes and shoved her hand in her pocket. I turned back towards the group. "Next time they come, these tricks won't work. We need to stop it at the source." Glenn turned to me and nodded. "We can't take the chance. He's not going to stop." Carol turned to Rick. "They're right, we can't keep living like this." I turned to Leona and sighed. She stuck her tongue out at Daryl while he merely rolled his eyes. I shook my head with a small smile and turned back to Rick. "So we take the fight to Woodbury?" Maggie argued. "We barely made it back last time." She looked at me and I saw everyone else's eyes on me. I stepped back some, not liking all the attention. "What the hell y'all staring at?" Leona snapped. "These bastards are just gonna keep coming back, we can either wait for them every single day or we can end this. I say we get it over with." The group turned back to Rick. "We need a plan." I said and Rick nodded. "Let's check on the others." He led the group over to the cell block while I pulled off the chain of ammo. I looked back up at Daryl, who rolled his eyes. "Oh you're just jealous." I joked and Leona snickered from behind me. When he walked towards the cell block, Leona leaned over my shoulder. "Can I keep it?" She pleaded and I chuckled. "Go right ahead." She smiled and threw it over her shoulder, carrying it with her to her cell.

As soon as I walked in, I saw Hershel talking to Rick and Carl rushed past me. Suddenly, I was pulled into a cell and saw Maggie and Beth. "Umm...everything okay?" I asked and they exchanged looks. "Something happened." Beth started and then looked out the cell, then back at me. "One of the Governor's men came across us when he was fleeing and Dad and Carl pointed their guns at him. The man was terrified and handed over his gun. He was about my age or older...and..Carl gunned him down." I looked at Maggie. "Y'all having some secret meeting or something?" Leona said and I turned to look at her. "What the...get in here and shut it." I said, yanking her into the cell. Beth told her what happened and Leona seemed confused. "Carl? The same boy who asked me if my hair color was natural?" I tried to stop myself from laughing and she glared at me. Maggie then started laughing along with Beth, Leona just sighed and turned to Beth. "Rick, will straighten him out." She said and punched me in the shoulder before she left.

I went out to meet with Rick and the others as they decided who was going to go, so far it was Rick, Michonne, and Daryl. Reluctantly, I stepped forward. Woodbury was the place I would least like to go right now, but I really wanted to get my hands on the Governor. "The rest of us will stay here and keep it under control in case they show up." Glenn said and Leona rolled her eyes. She didn't like the idea of me going back to that place with people she didn't trust or the fact that she had to stay behind with Glenn.

Rick and Michonne climbed into the truck while I rode with Daryl on his bike. After a while, we came across a bus with bodies and newly turned walkers. Daryl came to a stop and I pulled out my axe. "It's like a damn massacre." I said and climbed off the bike, and walked towards the walkers. My axe collided with a walker's skull and I yanked it out just to lodge it into another. Michonne was beside me, sliding her katana through the skulls with ease. Rick was jabbing his knife through their heads while Daryl's arrows pierced their skulls with a harsh force. Once we finished with the walkers we heard a loud thud coming from a truck and moved towards it. Daryl opened the door and stepped back, aiming his crossbow. He then lowered the weapon and helped a woman out. "What happened?" Rick asked and the woman looked at me. "The Governor." She started and looked down at my arm, where his name was carved. I crossed my arms over my chest as she continued. "He didn't like that we ran. He wanted us to go back, but...we refused. He opened fire. I hid under one of the bodies." She looked at Rick. "He killed all of you?" He asked. "All but Martinez and Shumpert. They had nothing to do with this though, they drove off. I don't know if they were heading back to Woodbury or what." She said softly and looked around at the bodies that littered the ground.

"Can you get us past the gates?" Rick asked the woman. She turned from him and looked back at me. "We're only interested in him and now you've seen what kind of man he is. We don't want to harm anyone that doesn't want to harm us." Rick said to the woman, trying to convince her. "Tyrese and Sasha stayed behind, they wanted no part in the attack. I can talk to them." She said and turned towards Rick. Rick nodded and told her she could ride in the truck. The others walked away, the woman following behind them. "My name's Karen." She sweetly as she came up next to me. "Scarlett." I said and felt her eyes travel to my arm. "I'm sorry." She said softly and I shrugged. "It is what it is." She lightly touched my arm and I moved away from her hand. "I'm not going to hurt you." She said softly, but I just watched her.

I climbed on behind Daryl and wrapped my hands around his waist, my forehead resting on his back listening to his soft breathing.

The chains were tightly hooked around my wrists and I cried out as another blow from the brass knuckles hit my stomach. "Ready to talk?" A man said as sweat dripped from my brow to the floor. I looked up at him and scowled, then pulled against the chains. Another blow collided with my stomach and I whimpered.

My eyes shot open and I released my grip around Daryl, as he looked at me from over his shoulder. I climbed off as we reached the community and Daryl reluctantly went over to talk with Rick. It was nightfall and darkness covered the area. We walked up to the gates with our weapons in hand, when there was a gunfire. The bullet landed next to Rick and on instinct we reacted, ducking behind anything we could find. A car that sat in the middle of the area was the perfect cover and for minutes, guns fired back and forth. Finally, when there was a break in the gunfire, Karen stood up from the car.

"Tyrese! It's me, don't shoot!" She yelled out and Rick grabbed her arm, trying to pull her back to cover. "Karen?" A male voice shouted back. "Are you okay?" She looked at Rick and then answered. "I'm fine!" She shouted back. "Where's the Governor?" Tyrese shouted to Karen, and she walked forwards some. "He fired on everyone, he killed them all!" She shouted back. There was a long pause before Tyrese spoke again. "Why are you with them?" He shouted back. "They saved me!" She shouted and then looked down at us. There was silence and finally Rick slowly stood up. "We're coming out!" He shouted to Tyrese.

Daryl stood up and I followed him, as the others stood up also. Michonne and Rick raised their hands in the air, but I didn't do the same. I holstered my pistol and shoved my hands in my pockets. Daryl put his crossbow back on his back and watched Michonne, Rick, and Karen. We walked towards the gate and Daryl slowly lifted up his hands, but I kept mine where they were. The gate was opened and Tyrese and Sasha were waiting for us.

"What are you doing here?" Tyrese asked. "We came to finish this, but when we saw what the Governor did." Rick started and I saw the soft look in Tyrese's eyes. "He..killed them." He stuttered. "Yea." Rick said solemnly. "Karen told us that Andrea hopped the wall, heading towards the prison. She never made it, we thought she might be here."

Tyrese and Sasha exchanged looks before nodding to Rick. Rick turned to me and stepped forward some. "I know where we should check." I said softly and Rick gave me a small nod. I walked past them and through the building, the group on my heel. "This is where he had Glenn, Maggie, and Scarlett." Rick explained to the siblings and they seemed confused. "The Governor held people here?" Tyrese asked Rick. "Did more than that." Daryl said, a hint of anger in his voice.

I looked over my shoulder at them and then stopped when I came across the familiar hallway. The three rooms side by side with tin doors. I looked down and saw a drop of red, and I crouched down. "This is fresh." I said and looked to the side. There was a tin room at the end of the hallway, blood seeping from under the door. Rick and the siblings, along with Michonne rushed past me and towards the room. I turned back to the cell that had held me and traced the scar on my arm. I could still hear Maggie's screaming and Glenn's faint cries of pain.

Suddenly, I was nudged in the side and turned to see Daryl. "He'll pay." He said, his voice throaty. He walked past me and then waited for me to follow as we went into the bloody room.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.5M 42.2K 76
"Why're you bein' so nice to me?" "I would want the same if I were you." Hope Starling was alone when the dead started rising. She had always been a...
3K 195 55
When she read the signs she didn't quite believe them, but she had to see what the place was like and so she did. This could be seen as the biggest m...
925K 24.2K 62
When you're thrust into a situation you never thought could happen, would you do anything to protect the ones you love? "This was hands down the best...
5.1K 197 24
This is a sequel to my first story Crossbow Lovers. You should read Crossbow Lovers first or this may be a little confusing. Tegan and Daryl have a b...