We Are Family (The Hybrid and...

By ForeverMysticFalls

Five years ago, the prophecy was fulfilled. Nina Chase lost her brother, the love of her life was sentenced t... More

Chapter 2 - No Quarter
Chapter 3 - Haunter of Ruins
Chapter 4 - Keepers of the House
Chapter 5 - I Hear You Knocking
Chapter 6 - Bag of Cobras
Chapter 7 - High Water and a Devil's Daughter
Chapter 8 - Voodoo in My Blood
Chapter 9 - Queen Death
Chapter 10 - Phantomesque
Chapter 11 - A Spirit Here That Won't Be Broken
Chapter 12 - Voodoo Child
Chapter 13 - The Feast of All Sinners

Chapter 1 - Gather Up the Killers

11.9K 163 5
By ForeverMysticFalls

Five years ago, the prophecy was fulfilled. Kol and Elijah were infected with an incurable bite, Freya was poisoned and Rebekah was hexed. To save our family, my boyfriend Klaus sacrificed himself, he allowed Marcel to dagger him with Papa Tunde's blade so that Freya could cast a sleeping spell on herself and her siblings, linking them to Klaus and keeping them all alive.

Five years after losing my brother and my boyfriend, I left New Orleans with my daughter Hope and I promised that I would save my family. No matter what. 

Hope and I live in a farmhouse in the middle of the woods. I climbed up the stairs into the attic where I was keeping the Mikaelsons' coffins, I opened Elijah's and looked inside. I knelt down and closed my eyes, remembering our last moments together.

Afterwards, I went downstairs, walking towards Hope's bedroom and saw her sitting on her bed, drawing. I smiled before hearing a vehicle approach.

Hope stopped drawing and looked up. "Is that them?"

"Let me check," I told her. "Stay inside."

Hope nodded, returning to her drawing.

I walked outside and saw Mary's truck approach. I walked closer to meet her as she and Hayley got out of the truck.

Mary smiled. "Well now, aren't you a sight?"

"You sure no one followed you?" I asked.

Hayley gave me a look. "We know how to avoid trouble. You should know that better than anyone."

"Now, where's that little girl?" Mary asked.

"She's inside," I answered.

Mary walked inside, leaving me and Hayley to talk alone.

"Did you find it?" I asked my best friend. "After all this time, I am this close to getting them back. I found a cure for Freya's poison, I got a witch to siphon Rebekah's hex."

"So, you're really gonna do it?" Hayley asked, putting her hands on her hips. "Cure them and then wake them up?"

I nodded. "I made a promise to my daughter. I promised her a home where she would feel safe and protected by the people who love her. Hayley, she's a Mikaelson too. She's inherited all of their enemies and a power that I don't understand. She needs someone to teach her to control it. I can't do this on my own."

Hayley sighed, lowering her arms to her side. "You told me to wake the Mikaelsons you needed to find all seven werewolf packs. You found six. The last one, Malraux, I thought they were killed off." Hayley pulled out a piece of paper and showed it to me. "According to this, there might be one left." I reached for the paper but Hayley stopped me. "Nina. You looked for five years and I helped you, we found nothing. Suddenly, I get word of a lead. What if someone else found it too? What if it's a trap?"

I took the paper from Hayley. " I have to save them, Hayley. I don't care if it's a trap, I'm not giving up."

We walked inside.

~*~*~

Hayley and I were getting ready to leave. I stored the coffins into the back of the moving truck and closed the door. I walked over to Hope, who stood next to Mary.

"Do you have to go?" Hope asked.

"I do," I answered. "But I'll be back very, very soon and I won't be alone." Hope and I smiled before embracing each other in a hug. "I'll call you every night before bed, okay?" We pulled away. "In the meantime, you listen to grandma. Deal?"

I pressed two fingers to my lips and kissed them, Hope did the same and we touched fingers like a pinky promise.

"Deal," Hope said.

I hugged my daughter again. "I love you, baby girl."

"I love you too, Mom."

I turned around and started to walk to the truck, Mary followed me.

"Keep your guard up. Stay moving. You smell trouble, you run," Mary told both me and Hayley, the next words were directed only at me. "Those folks back there, they had plenty of life. What you need to do is stay alive for your little girl."

"Everything I do is for her," I replied.

Hayley and I got into the moving truck, I started the engine and drove away.

~*~*~

The lead Hayley had lead us to Austin, Texas. We were sitting in a bar, I was playing with the necklace Klaus had given to me on Thanksgiving five years ago as we watched a girl named Keelin drinking with her friends.

"Whoo! I'm getting the next round. Just take a sec to put yourselves together," she told her friends as she approached the bar.

I stood up and walked to stand beside her, Hayley followed.

"You look like you're having fun. What's the occasion?" Hayley asked.

"I just finished my residency," Keelin replied. "Which makes me an official ER doctor."

"Congratulations," Hayley told her.

"Thanks."

"Does it help with the guilt?" I asked. "Given what you are."

Keelin's smile faded as she turned to look at me. "What did you say?"

"Keelin, you need to listen to me."

"How do you know my name?" She asked.

"Got it from a friend," I looked at Hayley.

"I heard your grandma's maiden name was Malraux," Hayley told her.

Keelin scoffed, starting to walk away, but I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"You better back off," Keelin told me, her eyes glowing werewolf gold. "Right now."

"I wish I could," I told her, making my own eyes glow. Keelin's eyes returned to normal. "I need a favor. Five minutes. Outside. I can explain."

~*~*~

Hayley, Keelin and I walked outside the bar. Keelin elbowed Hayley in the face before running off, making her fall. She jumped over a brick wall and found me and Hayley waiting for her with annoyed expressions.

"Do not do that again," Hayley told her.

"I'm not going without a fight," Keelin replied.

"Will you relax? We're not here to fight you," I stepped forward. "We need you."

"You're the last of your pack," Hayley told her. "That makes you too special for reasons that are too complicated to explain."

"I don't care about your problems," Keelin told us.

"You should," Hayley replied. "Because there are others who know how important you are and they will come for you."

"I have a life, career, relationships. Someone tries to take that, they're gonna have to kill me."

I turned my head, my vamp hearing kicking in and I heard voices and fighting inside the bar. "Where is she?" 

I sighed in annoyance, knowing we had been found. "Sorry. We don't have time for this."

I used vamp-speed to hit her head against the brick wall, knocking her out and putting her over my shoulder. Hayley and I looked at each other as we rushed off with Keelin before getting caught.

~*~*~

We had taken Keelin to warehouse with the Mikaelson coffins, she was tied to a chair and when she came to, she struggled to get free.

"Relax," Hayley told her as I set up vials with the cure and venoms from the other six werewolf packs. "We're not your enemies. If we left you where you were, you'd be dead already."

"Let me guess, we're on the run from vampires?" Keelin looked at me. "You have the same stink they do."

"I'm special," I told her. "I'm a hybrid. Half-vampire, half-werewolf and considering that I saved your ass, you should show me some respect."

"How do I know you're not the one who lead them to me?" Keelin asked.

"Does it matter? They know who you are and they want you dead," I answered. "The only way to survive is to do exactly what we tell you."

"It's not like I have a choice," Keelin said. I pick up the device for extracting wolf venom. "Hey, look, I don't know what kind of pervy stuff you're into but I am not that kind of girl."

"That is a device to extract your venom," Hayley told her. "And before you ask, yes, it will hurt." 

I walked over towards the coffins, removed the sheet and opened one, Freya was inside.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Keelin asked.

"We're trying to save my family," I told her.

"Keelin, the people in there are dying," Hayley told her. "The only thing keeping them alive is a sleep spell and the only one who can cure them is her."

"She's a witch and she left me instructions on how to wake her up early," I added. "The only thing I'm missing is your venom. Once she gets on her feet, I can give her the ingredients we got and with any luck, no one has to die."

"So, if I give you what you want, will you let me go?" Keelin asked.

"You have my word," I answered.

Keelin nodded.

~*~*~

I was getting ready to wake Freya.

"You got my venom. When do I get to go?" Keelin asked.

"As soon as we know it works," Hayley answered.

"And when will that be?"

"Believe me, you're know when you see it," I told her as I got the cure ready.

"So, you have to wake up Sleeping Beauty, right?" Keelin asked, "How do you do that?" 

I sighed. "You know, you have a lot of questions."

I walked over to Freya's coffin and stabbed the syringe into her heart, injecting her with the cure. Freya gasped awake and sat up, looking at me.

"Freya," I wrapped my arms around her in relief. "Are you okay?"

"Did you get the ingredients?" Freya asked. I nodded. "Good. I need to begin. If I can't turn all that into a cure, Elijah and Kol are going to die."

Hayley and I exchanged a worried look.

~*~*~

Freya was making a circle of sigils, surrounded by candles. Hayley and I were watching her.

"How much longer do we have?" Hayley asked.

"Maybe an hour," Freya answered, standing. "Assuming they live that long."

I gave Freya the vials filled with wolf venom. "Do we have everything we need?"

"Venom from the seven packs," Freya said, putting them in place within the circle. "Along with Klaus' blood, infused by my magic and magnified by the dark objects. It's going to take all of my strength and more than a little luck, but it should be enough to fashion a cure to save my brothers."

Hayley raised my brows. "Should?"

I turned my head, suddenly, hearing approaching vehicles. "We got company."

"Hey, let me go, please," Keelin said. "If it's vampires, they're gonna kill me."

"They must have been tracking her," Hayley said.

Freya looked at us. "I need more time."

"And you'll get it," I told her.

Hayley and I looked at each other before rushing away.

~*~*~

Hayley and I rushed outside to face off the vampires, they instantly surrounded us.

"Nina Chase," Vampire 1 said. "Took a long time, but we finally caught you."

"Or maybe I just stopped running," I told him with honest sarcasm before rushing forward and holding Vampire 2 in a chokehold, lifting him off the ground and ripping his heart out.

Vampire 3 went to attack Hayley, she kicked him back, making it fall and Vampire 4 swung a blade towards her, Hayley caught it and twisted it out of his hands, using it to hit him in the head.

More vampires surrounded us.

Hayley and I stood back-to-back, ready for one hell of a fight.

~*~*~

- Third Person POV -

Klaus and Alistair were inside the boundary spell Vincent had cast, surrounded by a crowd of vampires including Marcel and Josh.

Klaus was chained and Alistair hit him in the face with his sword, which was laced with Marcel's Beast blood. Klaus fell on his hands, breathing heavily.

"Do you suffer, Niklaus?" Alistair asked his sire. "As my wife suffered?" Alistair grabbed Klaus by the hair. "As my child suffered?"

Klaus looked at him, his eyes wide.

"Yeah, you do. But I do believe, at long last, your suffering is at an end," Alistair told him.

Alistair let him go roughly.

"Kill him!" Numerous vampires shouted.

Alistair raised his sword in the air. "Do you hear that? The people have spoken." Alistair lowered the sword. "Now honor would dictate a request for your last words, but you deserve no such privilege. Instead, I want the last words you ever hear to be my solemn vow. I will find your beloved Nina and your daughter and when I do, I will eradicate them from . . . this . . . earth."

Klaus looked up at him, scowling.

Alistair stood and swung to sword to kill his sire, Klaus let out an enrage yell and used the chains to knock Alistair's feet out from beneath him, making him fall to the ground. Then he grabbed him by the collar and pulled him closer before savagely biting him. Klaus pulled back and spat out Alistair's blood before pushing him to the ground.

Klaus grabbed the sword and stood, throwing it to stab a vampire outside the barrier, making him fall inside. He then turned to sling the chains around another vampire's arm to pull him into the circle and growled before biting him, feeding on him and letting him fall.

With blood coating his lips, he grabbed the sword and yelled at the crowd. "Well, who's next?" He lowered his voice. "Well, come on. Meet . . . your . . . maker."

Marcel rushed towards him and broke his neck, taking the sword as Klaus fell. "Hmm. Well, that is a nasty bite. The good news is we have the cure. You see, keeping Klaus alive does come in handy. I keep him for his blood in case the wolves get out of line, I keep him as collateral in case his family comes back, I keep him because I can. I put him down, I kept him down and I am the only one that can stop him from coming after all of you." Marcel sighed. "New Orleans is mine. You are all welcome to visit, enjoy yourselves, but you follow my rules. You behave and you never, ever question me. Does anybody have a problem with that?" Nobody spoke. "All right then, well, let's go celebrate."

~*~*~

- Nina's POV -

Vampire 5 rushed at Hayley, she punched him and pushed him to the ground.

Vampire 6 swung a bat towards me, I ducked and spun to kick his legs out from under him, making him flip through the air and fall to the ground. I grabbed the bat and stabbed it into the vampire's heart like a stake.

Vampire 7 rushed towards Hayley, she kicked him back before turning to face Vampire 8 as he tried to punch her. Hayley grabbed his arm, biting him, making him scream and then she kicked him to the ground.

Vampire 9 and 10 rushed towards me, I pulled the bat out of Vampire 6 and used it to decapitate Vampire 9 before rushing to rip Vampire 10's heart out.

Vampire 11 rushed to stand behind Hayley and restrained her, she struggled and I turned to see he was getting ready to snap her neck. So I rushed behind him and punched my hand into his back to rip his heart out.

I stood next to Hayley as Vampire 1 approached.

"Ooh," Vampire 1 looked at Vampire 8. "Your bite is nasty. But you're out numbered. Give up now and we'll end this quick."

"I have a better idea," I told him, letting my eyes glow before going down on all fours.

I turned into a wolf quickly and Vampire 1 looked at me in surprise. I jumped towards Vampire 1 and tore into his neck, growling as Hayley knelt down to turn as well.

Now a wolf, Hayley looked at the other vampires, growling before rushing forward to attack.

~*~*~

Vampire 12, a female, was injured and trying to get away. I pulled her back with my teeth and dragged her across the ground, making her scream.

Together, Hayley and I tore her apart before reverting back to human form. We stood naked and covered in blood.

A couple of injured vampires stood.

"You want more?" Hayley asked.

"Come on!" I told them.

Suddenly, the vampire behind us groaned in pain and we turned to see his heart had been ripped out. The vampire in front of us was pulled away with vamp speed.

Hayley and I listened as he groaned in pain.

Then I sensed someone standing behind me and instantly knew it was Elijah. I sighed, relieved as he wrapped his jacket over my shoulders.

Hayley turned to look at him in surprise. "Elijah."

I spun around and wrapped my arms around him, closing my eyes and smiling.

~*~*~

Elijah was standing in front of the fire where the vampires burned.

I walked towards him, dressed and grabbed his arm.

Elijah lifted his sleeve to show me his bite had healed. "My infection's gone. You saved us. All of us."

I looked at him. "I made you a promise and I keep my promises."

"Yes, you do," Elijah looked behind me. "I guess Kol and Rebekah couldn't contain their hunger."

"Elijah, after all this time . . . " I trailed off.

Elijah knew what I wanted to say. "Me too. Now please tell me, how is my niece?"

I let out a laugh, smiling. "She's amazing, she's healthy, happy. She's the perfect little girl and she made me promise that one day she'd get her family back. All of them."

"Well, a child after my own heart," Elijah said.

"Then there's just one person left," I told him, holding my necklace, the one from Klaus. "Let's go get him."

Now that my family is awake, I'm going to save the love of my life, Hope's father.

I'm coming, Klaus.

Soon, our family will be whole.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 2.8K 22
Six months ago, Nina Chase had everything she's always wanted - a place to call home and a family to fight for her. She even found love with the last...
42.6K 1.7K 22
[COMPLETED] "Anything can be real if you believe in it enough." What if Hope Mikaelson never got out of the Malivore pit? What if the vortex that thr...
575 18 8
Nina Chase has had a hard life. She left home when she was 14, has always felt like an outsider and now at 19 years old, she's pregnant with Klaus' c...
94K 1.8K 29
Klaus is taken from watching Hope in the void after his death and Hayley is taken from the afterlife to both be imprisoned by Malivore. Twenty year...