Chapter 12 - Voodoo Child

I walked into mine and Klaus' bedroom and took my jacket off, letting it fall to the floor. I instantly felt Klaus' presence as he appeared behind me.

"When you said, you needed time to yourself, I didn't think you meant all night," Klaus told me.

"I'm sorry," I replied, turning to face him. "There were just some things I needed to figure out."

Klaus walked closer. "Like what?"

I looked at him, taking a deep breath, preparing myself. "Before I killed the Hollow last night and she got in my head, she didn't just show me a vision of Jackson. She showed me my darkest fear."

"What did you see?" Klaus asked.

I hesitated. "You."

Klaus' eyes went wide in shock.

"You were choking me and you told me that you were never good," I added.

Klaus was silent for a moment. "You know that I would never hurt you."

I nodded. "I know. That's not what scares me. I'm scared because Jackson was right." Klaus furrowed his brows in confusion. "The way I grew up, being raised by an abusive alcoholic . . . it made me what I am. I learned from an early age that even the people closest to you can hurt you, so that's why I never opened my heart to anyone. Then I met you and my whole world changed."

Klaus looked at me and listened, intently.

I lowered my head. "I knew there was darkness in you, Klaus, and I guess that's what attracted me to you the most. But there's darkness in me too, there always has been and my love for you . . . it's an addiction." I raised my head to look at him. "That's not how love is supposed to be."

Klaus looked worried. "What are you saying?"

"I don't want Hope to go through what we went through," I told him. "I don't want her to ever know that darkness."

Klaus placed his hands on either side of my face and looked into my eyes. "She won't, love. I promise you."

I looked at Klaus for a moment, my eyes glassy. "Klaus, you're the first person who made me feel like I belonged somewhere. You gave me a home and a family and before I even realized it, you became my first love. I guess that's why I could never completely give my heart to Elijah because you had already stolen it. Our relationship was toxic at times and I know I should've done the right thing to save myself the heartache, but still . . . I couldn't let you go. I'm not brave enough to live without you."

Klaus was touched by my declaration and his eyes glistened with emotion as he pulled my face closer and kissed me, sweetly. I kissed him back and slowly, it became more passionate. I moved my hands up his chest and removed his jacket, wrapping my arms around his neck and deepening the kiss. Klaus pushed me back onto the bed without breaking the kiss and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

 Klaus pushed me back onto the bed without breaking the kiss and I wrapped my legs around his waist