Final Nightmare

By LaylaGawdyss

Waters will be tested, love will be blind. Nothing is the same, but why do they even try? Is it for the love... More

1. Force of change [1]
2. Change of life [2]
3. Encounter #1
4. Weird Dreams.
5. And it starts
6. Surprises
7. Happy Halloween
9. Warnings (prt. 1)
10. Warnings (prt 2)
11. The less you know the better...
12. Answers (prt.1)
13. Answers (prt 2.)
14. Constant Reminders
15. Wise Words for the End
The Real Final Nightmare...
1. Zari new beginnings
2. Darrins beginning
3. Chris and Cairo
4. Did it follow us?
5. The answers to the problem
6. Reunited
7. Grandmas House
8. Make the right decision
9. Family
10. Damage
11. Im Done
12. Selfish Pt1
13. Selfish pt2
14. Cheers to Happy Beginnings
15. Cheers to Happy Beginnings pt2.
16. Not Again
17. Negative Spirit
18. Pulling You In
Author notes:

8. This Means War?

829 70 19
By LaylaGawdyss

Victoria Amelia Brown

I wasn't able to remember anything from last night. I don't know if I had drunk to much or what, but my head was killing me and my back was aching. Groaning lightly I sat myself up from the bed and looked around the room. Throwing the covers off my body I stood to my feet and walked towards the bathroom. Covering my mouth from the yawn I grabbed my toothbrush and lathered some toothpaste on it. Once I brushed my teeth and did my hygiene to my liking I walked out of the bathroom and back into the room.

"You seem a little better." Chris mumbled as he turned his head to look at me.

I nodded in agreement, then laid my body over his.

"I must have gotten a little too drunk last night. I dont remember anything that happened at the party. All I remember is preparing the house, making the drinks, and telling the girls bye." I sighed lightly as I crawled over him and laid my head on his chest.

"So much happened last night to the point where I had to tell everybody to leave early. It was just 2 in the morning." He ran his hand through my wild hair.

"What happened last night?"

"Towards the end the house lights started flickering, then all of a sudden it got cold as hell, like you can see the fog coming from everybody mouths. Then I don't know what happened but when you fell back then lights came on and your back was covered cuts and blood and shit felt like we was in a paranormal movie." He rubbed on my back lightly.

"Oh wow, that really happened?" I arched my brow as I sat up again.

"Hell yeah that really happened, I got so shitting I told you to go upstairs and then I cursed everyone out telling them that they got to go." Chris sat up as well. He leaned against the head board.

"Oh wow." I mumbled as I sat back with him.

"Yup, how your back feeling?" He licked on his lips scratched the back of his head.

"I mean, it's bothering me but it's okay I guess." I nodded.

"Let me see."

I leaned up and felt his warm fingertips brush against my neck. He pulled my shirt back and sighed.

"The scratches are still there."

I looked over my shoulder and shrugged.

"Oh well." I turned from him and sat on my knees. "So when your brothers and sister coming?" I asked.

Chris looked at me as if something was off about me, but shook it off and shrugged.

"They should be coming in a few, so go head and get washed up then come down and help me cook something." He threw the covers off him and stood to his feet.

"Okay." I stood on the bed and walked to the edge, "Are you going to help me pick and outfit?" I wrapped my arms around his neck and jumped on his back.

"Girl what for? They are not that important." He grumbled while carrying me to the closet.

"Family is important Chris." I rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"If family so important why haven't you seen your mom or dad?" He looked over his shoulder at me with brow arched.

Nudging my eyebrows together, I leaned up to look at him then licked on my lip.

"You didn't even have to go that far with me." I mumbled while unlocking my arms from around his neck and jumped down to the ground.

He scratched the back of his neck again then turned to walk out the closet. Rolling my eyes I picked out something cute then walked back into the bathroom to start my shower. Stripping out my clothes I stepped into the steaming hot water and sighed from relief.

After about thirty minutes or so I stepped out the shower and dried my body off. I rubbed lotion in all the places that I could reach and put on the clothes I would be wearing for the day. A simple cropped t-shirt, high waisted jean shorts and socks, feeling satisfied I went to go put my dirty clothes in the hamper. Walking out the room I went down to the kitchen and sat on the counter top.

"Nice shower?" Chris glanced at me as he looked up from his phone

"Mhm." I placed my hands in between my thighs.

"Your mad at me aren't you." He huffed as he placed both of his hands on the edge of the counter.

Scuffing I picked at my nails and hopped off the counter.

"Come on baby don't be mad at me, I'm sorry I  said that." He tried to walk towards me but I stopped him in his tracks.

"Finish doing what you were doing." I shook my head lightly and walked out of the kitchen into the living room. I sat on the couch and leaned my head on the cushion. For some odd reason that really struck a nerve in me, I don't know for what but it really did.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I stood to my feet and walked towards the door. I peaked through the peephole to see his sister and brothers standing at the door step right along with Malani and Regaen. I opened the door with a bright smile on my face.

"Mommy!" Both Malani and Regean screamed while running to hug on both of my legs.

"Hey babies. How was trick or treating with nana?" I questioned as I ran my hands through both of their hairs.

"It was boring. Nana sucks, but we got a lot of candy!" Regean looked around the house then up at me.

I laughed a bit and watched as everyone passed me into the kitchen.

"They don't like they great grandma huh?" Krystal giggled lightly as she closed the door behind them.

"Nuh uh." Malani whined as she reached her arms up at her.

"Wow, their grandma seems like a great lady." Krystal reached down to grabbed Malani and placed her on her hip.

"She's can be a handful at times so I mean." I shrugged not wanting to get into any details about their great grandmother.

"Yeah." Krystal nodded her head then placed a kiss on Malanis' cheek.

I smiled lightly and processed to walk in the kitchen with Reagan holding on to my leg still.

"You know, that necklace around your neck is very beautiful. Did my brother get you that?" Krystal pointed it out.

I looked down around my neck and grabbed on the necklace tightly. I rolled it in between my fingers and  smiled lightly.

"Yeah, he did buy it for me."

"Oh wow, it's looked really expensive." She smiled back while sitting at the island table, and placing Malani in her lap.

"What looks expensive?" Chris looked up from talking to his brothers.

"Oh nothing, just the necklace you bought sissy." Krystal shrugged.

"What necklace? I didn't buy anything." Chris arched his brow as he looked towards my neck area.

"Yeah you did, you don't remember?" I arched my brow as well.

"No, but you had it on last night and I thought it was apart of your costume, or maybe I did buy it for you." He shrugged as he glanced at me once more then back at his brothers to proceed their conversation.

"Either way it's still beautiful." Krystal played with the little curls on Malani head.

"Thanks." I mumbled lightly. At this point in time I didn't feel like doing anything or being around anybody. Looking down at Reagan I tilted my head to the side. I noticed scratch marks on the back of her neck, but brushed it off when the thought of the two girls rough playing came to mind.

Sitting at the island table I picked at my nails and looked around the room. The house was fairly clean knowing that a house party was just being held as of last night. I laid my head on the counter listening to the little conversations that was going around the kitchen.

Feeling a small hand on my leg I look down at Reagan who eyes were widen.

"What's wrong baby girl?" I asked her as I leaned down to pick her up and placed her on the counter in front of me.

"There's something standing behind daddy." She whispered to me.

I arched my brow at her and turned to look at Chris who was happily joking with Christian and Caleb. Not seeing what she was talking about I looked back at her.

"Is this one of your tricks Reagan?" I question her with my brow arched.

"Nuh uh." She shook her head again then seem to be pushing away from me. Her mouth dropped as her eyes gotten wider. She push her body back with her legs frantically. I stood to my feet and scooped her up before she was able to fell off the counter.

"What's wrong with her?" The antics of Reagan caught his attention causing him to look around the kitchen with a confused look.

"I think she's playing, but she said that she saw something standing behind you." I bit on the corner of my lip.

"I'm not playing mommy, something was right there." She pointed behind him again. I followed her finger and noticed more scratches running down her arm.

Mugging to myself I grabbed on Reagans arm and examined it.

"What I tell you and Malani about play fighting." I said in a stern voice catching the attention of Reagan. Her eyes were still wide and looked as though she was about to cry. A wave of concern washed through my face when I saw how scared she's gotten in a matter of seconds.

"Me and ReRe didn't fight mama." Malani called out in her tiny voice as she stood to her feet on the table.

"Then what happened?" I asked while sitting Reagan on the counter and pushed her sleeves up.

"Me don't know." Malani put her hands up with a confused look on her face. I looked towards Malani and also noticed a scratch behind her ear.

I looked at Chris as he stood there. We stared at each other for a while before he came walking towards Reagan and I. I took a step back and pointed towards Reagans arm. He took her arm in his hands and examined it as well.

"Who did this?" He asked her.

"I can't tell you." She shook her head.

"Why not?" Chris and I said in unison.

"Because they said they will get me and Malani. They will take us away." Reagan looked down at her fingers and played with them.

"Reagan Imani Brown, you better stop playing with me and tell me who did this." Chris said sternly with anger raising in his body.

"Malani who did this to you and your sister?" I asked as I walked towards her and looked at the back of her ear.

"Nana friends." Malani pulled at her hair and twisted her body to the side.

"What friends?" Chris called out over my shoulder.

"Me don't know, they, they were black." She sat on the counter.

Chris and I looked each other and looked away.

"Call your granny right now before I spazz the hell out." He mumbled under his breath as he picked Reagan up and walked out the kitchen.

I looked at Krystal who also picked Malani up and took her out the kitchen.

"Yeah you need to call her now. You know how he goes about y'all daughters." Caleb looked towards me before walking out with Christian.

I sighed deeply and ran my hands through my hair. Taking a moment to wrap my head around what was going on I bit on my lip and looked up to the ceiling.

"Lord, she better have a good explanation on how my kids got these scratches." I walked over to the house phone that was placed by the stove. I dialed the number and placed it to my ear.

Hearing the phone ring I felt butterflies in my stomach. I don't know how this conversation will go but I honestly need answers. I trusted my kids with her and I would hate to have them not spend time with her again.

"Hey Amelia, sorry I wasn't able to step inside I had to leave to handle somet-"

"Why are there scratches on my babies bodies?" I cut her off, I didn't need to hear anything she had to say. I needed answers and I needed them now.

"Excuse me?" She sounded taken back from me cutting off.

"You heard exactly what I said, why are there multiple scratches on Reagan and Malani body?"

"You better come correct little girl. I will turn this car around and I will hand it to you. You are not to old you get your ass whooped." She warned me.

I took the phone from my ear and mugged at it, I clenched my jaws tightly and breathe out deep. I pressed the phone back to my ear and laughed lightly.

"What the fuck happened to my kids Nana!?" I yelled over the phone. At this point in time I don't care what come out my mouth. She's playing with me and especially my kids.

"I will not tolerate this Victoria." She mumbled.

"You know what." I chuckled and shook my head. "You don't ever have to worry about them ever going back over there and that's a fact." As I was about to hand up until I heard something I knew I didn't hear.

"What you said about him?"

"You heard exactly what I said." I could tell that she had a smirk on her face. She knows how I go about mines and she was absolutely crossing the line.

"Don't you ever you in your fucking life call Chris a bad father when he didn't do anything to come at you wrong." I clenched my jaws again and balled my free hand into a fist.

"Oh, did I strike a nerve? He is a bad father who leaves their kids and wife for more than two weeks with no calls or anything, plus do unthinkable things. That's a bad father and husband."

"At least my first husband didn't kill himself to get away from your crazy ass. Don't you come for me and mines without thinking I won't hit it where it hurts. All I wanted to know was why my kids have scratches on them and you beating around the bush coming for the only person that been there for me since day one." I chuckled again with a head shake. "You really don't have to worry about your great grands anymore."

"That's fine. I'll just call the child protective services. I will see my great grands in anyway possible."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard what I said."

"Try me." I warned her before hanging the phone up on her. I slammed the phone back on the charger and stormed out the kitchen.

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch away from everyone else. I folded my arms over my chest and bounced my leg up and down in a rapid motion to contain the anger I didn't want to lash out on anybody.

"Mommy, what's wrong?" Reagan ran towards me as she sat tried to sit to get on the chair next to me.

"Nothing baby, go play with your sister." I felt the tears starting to swell and I groaned in aggravation.

I felt Reagan stare up at me. I looked at her from the corner of my eye and saw that she ran off towards Chris. She pointed towards me and whispered in his ear.

Quickly wiping my eyes I looked out the window and bit on my lip. A habit I can't stop when I'm angry and agitated.

"Come here." I heard his voice over me.

"No, I'm fine." I mumbled.

"Get your ass up before I make you."

I rolled my eyes and slammed my hands on my legs in aggravation.

"I said I'm fine."

I looked up towards him and his face was hard.

"What I tell you."

Sucking my teeth I stood to my feet and looked up at him.

"What's wrong with you?" He brought his hand to my cheek and ran his thumb across it.

"She threatened to call them." I bit on my lip again and chewed on it.

He looked lost for a second then it was like it clicked like a lightbulb in his head. He nudged his eyebrows together then looked over his shoulder to get a look at the girls then back at me. The tip of his tongue touched the middle of his top lip, he dropped his head and chuckled.

"She really playing with fire baby." He looked up with a smirk on his face.

Tasting something salty full my mouth I took my lip from between my teeth and dap on it with my index finger. I brought it to eye level and sighed heavily.

He grabbed on both of my hands brought it up to his lips. He pecked them and smiled.

"Don't worry about her, let's take the girls out to the amusement park and enjoy ourselves."

"What amusement park?" From what I've known there wasn't any close amusement park where we lived.

"Don't worry about it. You go get dressed so we all can head out." He kissed the top of my forehead then walked off towards the girls and his siblings.

I watched as the girls bounced up and down with smiles on their faces. Krystal looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders before turning on my heels and making my way up the stairs. Something seemed to be mighty off, but I wasn't going to fight and let it be.

_____________________________

Hey 👋🏽. As y'all can see I decided to continue the series lol. I wouldn't make any sense for me to start over, it would take to much time and Nuh uh lol.
How y'all feeling about what happened though? Kinda crazy huh?
But y'all know what to do, vote and comment.
(P.s. Ask questions if needed.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179 65 13
Highest Rank #63 in Mystery/Thriller.The Drowning Ship, a story that defines that life isn't easy if the time is short and the tasks are too many. Be...
14.8K 295 52
Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind, because I've been there before ***** "...
52.1K 3.3K 29
Where's there peace there's always some type of evil right around the corner. Could this be the final chapters of Zari and Chris? (Nightmare Town se...
2.1K 145 131
When Annalina had things all figured out, her father turned her whole world around. One week to change countries and look forward to the perfect lif...