The Bracelet (Draco Malfoy Fa...

By TwinFoxglove

DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ!!! This story contains a bit of sexual violence, gore, and a lot of mature language... More

Author's Note
Cast List
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - part I
Chapter 50 - part II
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Author's Note
Questions for You

Chapter 38

30.3K 915 2.4K
By TwinFoxglove

Hey guys! I think you'll like this chapter, there's some major drama ahead! Thanks so much for everything, and enjoy!

***

Draco's POV -

I ease myself onto an open couch, and Jennifer plops down right next to me. She leans her head on my shoulder, and throws a small smile in my direction, which I'm assuming is to calm me down a little bit. But there's no way in hell that's possible with Blu and Zabini here. I don't trust either of them.

"I see you've decided to join in, huh?" Blaise says, raising one of his eyebrows at me mockingly from across the area.

"Yes." I snap hotly, and don't say anything else. He'll keep trying to anger me until I'm on my feet and knocking his teeth out, which is something I promised Jennifer I'd try to do less.

"Cool it, you guys...let's just get started." Pansy chimes in, and I sigh in exasperation. The palpable tension in the room eases a little bit, but not by much.

"Okay, who goes first?" Flint asks.

"I will." Jennifer exclaims, raising her hand excitedly.

Jesus, this is going to be a fucking disaster.

Just as I'm about to protest, Kyle interjects. "No, I'll do it."

Jennifer sighs, but doesn't try to fight back. Relief pours through me, but I know it won't last for long. She's made it clear that she's not quitting this stupid game until she gets a turn.

"Alright...Derek. Truth or dare?" Kyle begins, the rest of the crowd watching him with anticipation clouding their eyes.

"...Dare." Derek decides, slightly grinning. An audible 'oooh' rises up from the crowd of people watching, and I roll my eyes.

"Hmm...I dare you to go kiss that girl over there." Kyle says, raising his eyebrows. He extends his pointer finger out across the room towards a tall brunette with bright red lipstick. I don't recognize her; she must be from another house.

"Can I kiss her friend?" Derek says after examining the two girls for a moment. A small grimace adorns his face.

Her friend, a blonde, is better looking than the brunette, but not by much. Hopefully, Kyle will let it slide, but I doubt it.

"Nope, brunette it is." Kyle states plainly, causing his friend to sigh in annoyance.

Derek shifts himself off of the couch, and saunters rather airily across the room toward the two girls, who grin at each other when they notice him approaching.

In less than two minutes, Derek has both of them hanging all over him, one of his arms wrapped around both waists. His lips shift in between the two girls, and it's evident he won't be coming back any time soon.

"Well-he'll be back in a few minutes, maybe longer." Blu shrugs, her words suggestive.

The game drags by agonizingly slow - for me, at least. Blu gives an ecstatic Flint a lap dance, Derek downs almost an entire bottle of firewhiskey when he returns, Blaise ends up with his shirt off (which I'm not happy about), and kisses Pansy.

Daring each other to do pointless stuff like this is honestly dumb as hell, although everyone else seems to get a kick out of it. I hadn't minded in 5th year, but as Blaise finally pulls away from Pansy with red smudges covering his neck, I find myself rather annoyed. The only person I want to kiss is Jennifer, ever.

I've managed to keep her hands off of any more red cups for now. When Kyle chooses truth and is asked if he has any kinks, I decide to zone out.

I take a lock of Jennifer's soft hair between my fingers, twisting it around my digits. Hopefully, she'll get tired of this soon so we can leave. Most of these people are people I generally don't consider myself acquaintances with, besides Flint. Derek and Kyle don't seem all that terrible, either.

After a few more mindless dares, I hear my name called out, and my head snaps up on instinct.

"Draco, truth or dare." A soft yet taunting voice repeats, and I realize with a sour feeling in my throat that it's coming from Blu.

"I'm not playing." I answer shortly.

"Sure you are. Now, truth, or dare?" She persists, a sly smile on her face. I resist the urge to roll my eyes in annoyance at the irritating gesture.

I know she's not going to quit until I comply, so I might as well give in now and get this the hell over with. This girl seems to know more than she appears to, and I don't need her asking me anything about death eaters in front of Jennifer, so a dare is probably my best bet.

"Fine, dare." I say reluctantly, feeling extremely childish. At this, Blu's devilish grin spreads unnecessarily wide, and I immediately know I've made a mistake.

"I dare you to make out with me." She hums wickedly, like it's an irresistible offer.

Immediately, Jennifer goes completely rigid next to me.

I softly pinch her in the side, reassuring her that there's no way in hell I'm going to kiss Blu, but she still doesn't relax.

I've never seen Jennifer drunk and angry before, and something tells me it's not a good mix.

"No." I respond instantly, causing Blu's cocky smirk to falter just a little bit.

"Fine." She dismisses the matter, quickly recovering. "Just know that you're missing out."

Jennifer's tiny fists have balled around the fabric of my shirt, and when I glance down at her, her eyebrows are furrowed, her mouth is pressed in a tight line, and there's malice clouding her rapidly darkening eyes. No one else seems to notice this, except for the two of us and Blu.

"I've got one." Jennifer blurts out, her voice much too steady for that of a drunk person. "Blu, truth or dare?"

Blu looks up from across the room, startled.

"...Dare." She finally answers, though she looks skeptical."

"Great." Jennifer says matter-of-factly. "I dare you to stop being a whore and find your own boyfriend, instead of trying to get with mine."

Audible chuckles and gasps can be heard from all around the group, and I have to bury my face in her shoulder to keep myself from bursting out laughing. Christ, this girl is insane when she's drunk.

"Excuse me?" Blu gapes, clearly in disbelief.

"You heard me." Jennifer eggs her on. "Or, is that going to be too hard for you?"

I don't bother holding back my chuckle this time.

"And I was starting to wonder why they put you in Slytherin." Flint chimes in from across the circle, still laughing. Kyle looks amused, however somewhat worried, and Pansy is still trying to pick her jaw back up off of the floor.

I don't feel the smallest bit of pity for Blu, she had it coming to her. In fact, I think I like Jennifer even more now, if that's possible.

"My turn." Blu declares once her face has returned to its normal shade. Her eyes, I notice, are still narrowed. I'm beginning to wish Jennifer would've just let this whole thing go sooner, although it did give me a good laugh. "Truth or dare, Jennifer?"

"Dare." She responds immediately, a crazed smile stretching from one of her ears to the other. My gut begins to churn as I wonder what she's just gotten herself into.

"Mm." Blu hums sadistically, as if that's exactly what she wanted. "I dare you to kiss Blaise."

Immediately, I go completely still.

Jennifer's grin has been wiped from her face, and I pull her much tighter to my side. I can tell from the way Blu stares over at us that somehow, she knows what Zabini tried to do to Jennifer. I have absolutely no idea how, but it's clear she does.

I don't give a fuck about this stupid game — she's not kissing Zabini.

"No." Jennifer finally snaps, just as I'm about to speak up. Her voice is slightly quivering, though.

"Fine." Blu says in irritation, and instantly begins to concoct another dare. "Kyle, I dare you to take Jennifer upstairs for ten minutes, then." She decides, although it's not even Kyle's turn.

I feel myself tense up again, and look down at Jennifer expectantly.

Her face is soft, and her eyes are pleading with mine when they meet.

"I'll be fine, and I'll come back." The sound of her voice soothes me, down to the very marrow in my bones, and I find myself wanting to believe her.

"Yeah?" My question comes out a breath of air, almost like I've lost the ability to speak. I'm still not sure if I trust him with this — not after her history with guys at parties.

"Yeah." She answers reassuringly, and her lips curve upward in a small smile. I seem to forget that everyone's watching the two of us.

Jen seems much more sober than she did twenty minutes ago, and anything is better than her kissing Zabini.

"Okay." I say after another long minute.

She releases herself from my arms, composing her posture before she makes her way across the room to Kyle.

I'm still pissed with this whole situation, but I'm not going to tell her what to do, so it appears as if I'll have to deal with it. It's way better than her having to do anything with fucking Zabini.

***

Jennifer's POV -

I don't dare look back at Draco as I approach Kyle. I know he's still upset with this whole ordeal, but Kyle is just my friend, and it won't hurt to spend ten minutes alone with him upstairs. It's not like we will do anything, anyways.

Also, I don't want to stand down to Blu. She's already made me angry enough tonight with her ridiculous dares, and I'm not giving in now.

Kyle leads me past the girls' dorms as we tramp up the stairwell, so I assume that he's taking me to his.

After we make a few more left and right turns, he slows to a stop in front of a door near the end of a dimly lit hall, and twists the knob.

The door swings open, and Kyle keeps it from shutting long enough in order for me to fit through.

Now that I'm away from Draco, I begin to worry about him. I don't want Blu trying to get him to do anything with her while I'm gone. Of course, I know he'd never agree, but the thought still haunts me.

"So, what do you want to do?" I question, standing by the door awkwardly when I'm unsure of what to do with myself.

Kyle flicks on a light, and plops down on his bed, motioning me to join him. "Let's just talk, yeah?"

"Okay." I say, and sit down next to him, but not too close. I'm beginning to feel a little uncomfortable, and out of place. I don't know Kyle that well, after all.

I see him gazing over at me out of the corner of my eye, and glance around his room for something to do. It's bland, yet decorated with a few personal belongings. He must share it with someone else, because there's another bed across room, as well.

"So, truth or dare, huh?" Kyle says, drawing me from my thoughts. "I never thought I'd see you play that."

A genuine laugh blows past my lips. "Trust me, I didn't either."

Kyle chuckles in response, rubbing the back of his neck. A slightly awkward silence ensues in which neither of us make a sound, unsure of what to say.

"So," He finally says after another moment, "What's going on with you and Malfoy?"

I stare at my lap, a little confused why he's asking me this, and sigh. "It's a long story."

"Mm." Kyle hums, and scratches his head. "You've heard about him, right?"

"Yes." My response is quick. I'm not sure if I know exactly what he's talking about, but I don't want to admit to him that Draco doesn't open up to me that often. He has told me a lot, though, if you think about it.

"Oh. Well, I don't know. I just - I don't think he's that great of a guy for you to be around." Kyle states.

I frown, my eyebrows furrowing. Certainly, Kyle hasn't known Draco that long, so how can he have such a sour impression of him?

"Draco is very nice." I defend him instantly, but then scrunch my nose up when memories of him hurting people both physically and mentally resurface in my mind. "Well, he is to me, at least."

"Oh." Kyle comments blandly. I can tell he still disagrees, which I think is unfair. "Hey - I'm sorry about Blu, too. I don't know what her deal is."

"Don't apologize, you're fine." I say. My hands have folded over each other in my lap, and I'm staring down at them as I wait for Kyle to say something.

"No, really. She's always been like that. I've known her for a long time." Kyle says, and he sounds serious. I don't bother trying to tell him it's not his fault again.

We talk for a few more minutes before a muffled knock sounds from behind the door. Flint doesn't bother waiting for a response before he enters.

"Hey, you guys. It's been ten minutes." He says, poking his head through the doorway. He looks out of breath, and almost sick to his stomach. "And you better hurry and get downstairs. Draco doesn't look happy."

I sigh, pursing my lips. Of course he doesn't.

Kyle, Flint, and I all make our way down the stairwell and into the midst of the party, and sure enough, Draco is waiting by the bottom step, his posture rather stiff.

"Let's go." He says, his voice barely audible.

Draco doesn't even acknowledge Kyle as he brushes past him on the stairwell, and I throw him an apologetic look before chasing Draco back up the steps. I'm just glad he chose not to confront Kyle about it.

I'm barely able to keep up with Draco's quick and aggressive pace, but I can tell that we're returning to his dorm. He ignores my feeble calls for him to slow down, so I'm forced to walk much faster, almost stumbling over my own feet in his wake.

When we reach Draco's door, he pulls it open, striding inside. The door slams shut with a push of his hand when I slip in behind him.

It's silent for a moment, his back turned to me as I stand near the entrance to his dorm, unsure of what to do.

"Draco, I-"

"Did he try to do anything?" He asks suddenly. His voice is strained, and his back is still turned to me.

I'm unable to speak for a moment. "Um-no-we just talked."

Another tense moment passes before Draco's shoulders finally relax.

"Okay." He breathes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm good." He still has yet to turn around, but I respond anyways. "Are you?"

"I think so." He says, and slowly begins to reel around in my direction.

His chilling gray eyes fall upon mine, and only for a short moment. Then, he's approaching me, in quick and desperate paces from across the room. His arms envelope me, folding me into his chest. He rests his chin on the top of my head with a great sigh, and I begin to relax as I melt into him.

"I just worry about you sometimes." He breathes, and my eyes flutter shut as his fingers gently tug through my curls. "Because of everything that's happened in the past, you know. I don't want someone taking advantage of you again."

"I know." I respond, my arms folded between both of our chests. I can't help but worry about Blu, as well. The thought of her moving in on him makes my stomach twist painfully. The thought of him impossibly consenting to her drains the color from my face. He wouldn't, would he?

As if reading my mind, Draco pulls back, examining my face for the slightest of moments with a frown on his.

Then, he leans down, softly pressing his lips to mine with a gentleness that I didn't know he had in him. His hands cup the side of my head, hidden beneath my hair, and his thumbs rest beside my ears, almost on my cheeks.

"I'm always going to be yours, Jennifer. If you always want me to be."

***

Well, I hope you guys liked the chapter! Drama, drama! It's going to get good, guys! Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting! I appreciate and read all of your comments, and if you have any ideas for me to improve the story, I'd love to hear them. See ya soon! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

227K 5.8K 73
all rights to Harry Potter belong to JK Rowling. I do not own the majority of these characters. Evelyn Malfoy is the oldest daughter of the Malfoy fa...
110K 3.1K 119
"π“π‘πž 𝐰𝐨𝐫π₯𝐝 𝐒𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐩π₯𝐒𝐭 𝐒𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩π₯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. π–πž'𝐯𝐞 𝐚π₯π₯ 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐑 π₯𝐒𝐠𝐑𝐭 𝐚�...
shifted By <3

Fanfiction

114K 5K 79
a girl dreamt of attending hogwarts. one day she learns how to shift. shifting realities, to hogwarts. it's magical. it's everything she ever wanted...
40.1K 1.3K 30
*completed* *** Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, A smile, A kind word, A listening ear, An honest compliment, Or the smallest act of...