My Lovely Jerk {Completed}

By TheRiverRunsDeep

You ever been tricked? You know, had someone make you believe something entirely different from the truth... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Chapter - 54
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter - 39

70.9K 1.9K 189
By TheRiverRunsDeep

“So, what are you going to do about tomorrow?” Mayla asked as she placed some collars she just got in on a sales rack. Her green eyes gazed at me with curiosity once she was done with placing the leashes on the metal rack.

I inhaled and allowed my eyebrows to furrow in confusion. “Tomorrow?” I questioned right before bending down and sweeping, the pile of dirt I collected, into the dustpan. Walking over to the black plastic trashcan by the front door, I shook the trash on the dustpan in the garbage. Turning around I saw that Mayla was looking at me with shock. “What is it?”

“The wedding silly!” She exclaimed and she threw her hands up.

I shrugged my shoulders, “I haven’t really thought about it...” I admitted as I fiddled with the top of the broomstick in my hand.

“... How bad do you want to get back at him?” Mayla asked me. She walked over to the cash register and started to organize the counter as she waited for me to reply.

I sighed, “Honestly, I want to drive a dull knife through the dude ... Does that clarify how bad I want him to pay?” I questioned with a smile, showing her that I wasn’t really serious about killing him, but I wouldn’t mind torturing the guy a little.

He was a jerk - playing off my memory loss the way he did. Sad thing is, I would have married him if I didn’t gain my memories because I was growing feelings for Bryson (don’t ask me why, but I was) and I felt a sense of duty to marry him because I thought the eighteen-year-old me loved him. However, now that I see his true colors those feelings and thoughts have been replaced with hate.

“I have an idea,” Mayla said as she stopped what she was doing. Biting her bottom lip, she let her statement linger in the air for a prolonged second before speaking up once more. “I know someone who can pose as a priest ... you can pretend to marry Bryson. It will all look real and trust me, Bryson - along with everyone else, will fall for it. I can even hook you up with some fake marriage certificates and all that jazz...”

“Isn’t that illegal?” I inquired.

Mayla looked down at her hands, “It is but trust me, you will not get caught. The people I know do this kind of thing for a living ... It was just an idea,” Mayla stated as she glanced back up at me. “I figured it would solve the whole wedding issue and plus, the papers will look so real that Bryson will be able to get whatever he wants out of this marriage and in the end you can tell him you’re not really married and leave with no messy - dragged out divorce...” She trailed off, as her green eyes shifted away from me and back to her hands.

I stood there, frozen for a second before speaking, “Can these people you know be here by tomorrow?” I asked as I began to like her idea.

Looking at up at me, Mayla’s head bobbed up and down a few times. “Yeah! Hell, I could have them here within the hour!” She exclaimed with excitement in the fact that I was agreeing with her.

I smiled from ear to ear, “Would you like to be my Fake Maid of Honor?”

Mayla grinned like a Cheshire cat, “It would be my honor, Fake Bride," She gave a couple of chuckles before abruptly stopping. "Oh snap.” Mayla proclaimed with wide eyes as she gazed behind me.

Looking over my shoulder, I saw a white mustang swerving into a parking spot right in front of Mayla’s shop. “Is that-?”

“Bryson,” Mayla finished as she walked around the counter and stood beside me. “What is the plan?” She asked.

“You are asking me for the plan? Aren’t you the mad genius here? After all you came up with the idea for the fake wedding.” I stated as Bryson’s driver’s door opened and he got out without even bothering to turn off his car. “I guess we will just go with the flow. Oh and it would be awesome if you played along with the pregnancy,” I muttered right before he got to the door.

“Already ahead of you,” Mayla mumbled right as the shop door opened.

Bryson stormed in the pet shop with a pissed off expression on his face. His dark - almost black looking - eyes flickered between Mayla and me. He took post about two feet from us. “Go get in the car, Elle,” Bryson hissed as his fist clenched in anger. His voice left no room for arguing as it clearly was a demand. He looked over at Mayla and gave a growl, “You are not allowed to be alone with Elle, ever again. I cannot trust you. I told you and Niko she was to stay at the house!” Bryson yelled.

I allowed my lips to twitch down into a frown. “Stop yelling, it is not good for the baby,” I spoke.

“She is right. I read once in some magazine that yelling, even from a very early stage of pregnancy is not good for babies,” Mayla added as she crossed her arms over her chest in a defensive mode.

The anger rolling off Bryson made Mayla and I take a tiny step back. “Elle! Get your ass in the car! Now!” He screamed with venom lacing his voice. He stood there, eyes trained on me with rage. “Now!”

I jumped at his tone. I really had never, ever seen him so mad. He had seriously blown a fuse. “Bryson-”

“Don’t make me count to three. I can promise you I will not get to two if I do,” He informed me as he held back the anger that was boiling inside him.

I looked over at Mayla and she gave me a nod to leave. Slowly, I walked around Bryson and left the pet shop. I trudged over to the car, but I didn’t get in at first. Instead, I turned around and looked at the front windows of Mayla’s shop. I could see Bryson and Mayla’s figures. She was yelling at him and throwing her arms around in the air for effects. It was evident that she was mad - almost as mad as he was.

Bryson gained his turn to yell and in the midst of his shouting I saw him take a step back in order to control himself.

I humorously watched as Mayla flipped him off. Her eyes gazed over in my direction as a smile materialized on her face. She winked at me, playfully, before dropping her middle finger and focusing back on Bryson.

All too soon, Bryson marched out of Mayla’s pet shop looking a tad angrier - if that was possible - then when he walked in the shop. I was about to suggest that I drive, seeing as I currently had a slight fear of getting in the car with him. However, the second I realized I feared getting in the car with him, I noted it might actually give me a rush to be a passenger as he recklessly drove in his angry state.

“Get in,” Was all Bryson said before opening his door and slipping into the driver’s side.

I didn’t argue as I got in his car.

Bryson pulled out of the parking spot at a snail’s pace. His car eased out of the strip mall parking lot.

I gripped the dividing glove department and door handle as I expected him to take off out of the parking lot. Yet, instead he slowed to a stop and looked both ways for traffic. Seeing an opening, he slowly stepped on the accelerator. “Isn’t it illegal to be going ten miles below the speed limit?” I asked as I became disappointed that he was going at a leisurely pace down the road.

Bryson’s heated eyes looked at me, “I don’t drive carelessly when I am outraged.”

My eyebrows creased together. “So, you only drive recklessly when you are not mad?”

Giving a shrug of his shoulders, Bryson replied, “Partly, yes.”

I gave a few chuckles, “You’re weird, Man.”

Bryson’s face melted from anger to humor as he smiled. “Thanks.” Within a second he built back up his anger exterior and shifted in his seat. “Here,” He said as he reached over in the cup holder and pulled out a pill bottle. “Take your headache medicine.”

I grabbed the orange pill bottle from him and studied it for a second. I knew I didn’t need this anymore because I received all my memories. Even still, I didn’t want to make Bryson anymore angry - How am I kidding?

Rolling down my window, I spoke. “I can’t take these."

“What?” Bryson looked at me with confusion.

“The baby,” Was all I said before tossing the bottle out of the window. I started to roll up my window, biting back a smile.

The car came to an abrupt stop as Bryson slammed on the brakes. “You stupid-” Bryson stopped himself from saying a very mean word. “Gaaa! I swear I can’t wait for you to get your memories back! At least I know then you will be more mature!” He shouted as he opened his car door and got out. He slammed his car door and then leaned against the door. I knew he was trying to cool down.

I sat in the silent car, trying not to laugh. “Oh, the irony,” I muttered to myself.

Suddenly, Bryson reopened his car door and got back in. He turned in his seat to face me. "I am going to explain this only one time. So, you listen up...” With that said, Bryson gave me ‘The Talk’.

My cheeks actually started to burn as he gave me ‘The Talk’ in detail. I mean, he told me everything guys possess and all that girls have in their lower extremities before explaining what goes where in order for a baby to be created. While I wasn’t a virgin, his talk made me feel slightly ... embarrassed.

“So you can see, you are not pregnant?” Bryson stated.

I allowed my eyes to widen, “Oh...” Closing my lips, I started to wonder what I should say next. Smiling, on the inside, I locked eyes with Bryson. “Bryson, have we ever done what you just told me?”

“It is called sex, Elle, and no.”

I felt a sense of relief that he wouldn’t falsehood that fact to me. “Why not?” I pressured, hoping maybe he would crack.

Bryson squirmed in his seat a little, clearly unsure how to answer that. “Well ... people ... a guy and a girl normal ... have sex when  ... they love each other...”

“Are you saying you never loved me?” I questioned as I recalled he told me, in his story of lies, that he loved me. “Did you lie when you said you loved the eighteen-year-old me?”

“I ... err ... we ... loved each other but ... sex is also something that happens when two people are married.”

I tilted my head, “So, tomorrow night we are going to really make a little Phoenix!” I shrieked in happiness. I smiled wildly as Bryson paled.

“Elle, I love the eighteen-year-old you ... there will be no baby making tomorrow night. Now, if you get your memory back and still want to do that...” He trailed with a grin teasing his face.

I tried not to frown in disgust at his suggestion, like I would ever mate with him. “But the eighteen-year-old me is in here. We love you,” I lied. “We want little Phoenixes.”

Bryson placed his forehead on the leather steering wheel. “Elle, this is not up for discussion,” He proclaimed before inhaling deeply. “Let’s go home,” He stated as he removed his head from the black steering wheel and put the car in drive. With slight pressure on the gas pedal, we were taking off down the road at a reasonable speed.

Sitting in my seat, I held in what I wanted to say and just looked out of the passenger’s window. As the trees and houses that lined the road blurred by, I started to consider what I was going to do next.

Leaning back, I gave a faint grin.

Perfect, I thought as an idea popped into my wicked mind.

<><><><><>

A/N:

Okay, so you guys got some Bryson. Happy?

Newsflash y’all: My Lovely Jerk should be ending in roughly 10 -15 chapters. It all depends on how it comes out when I write. I don’t really have an outline, it all just in my head so I can’t give you guys a definite answer.

Anywhoo, you know the boring drill:

Vote

Comment

SMILE!

<><><><><> 

TheFirstWinterSnow's (Maddy's) comment:

Yay! BryBry's back! :D I like BryBry.  Even if he did tick me off slightly in this chapter.

I know he had his reasons for being upset, but it still irritated me slightly.  Oh well, he's still cute! :D (To me anyway)

I know I've said this before, but I found this chapter cute.  'The Talk' part, for some reason, made me smile.  

But now that Elle's back to her normal evil self, she scares me.  I don't mean, that just the presence of her would scare me, but the fact that I'd never know what she's planning, or thinking.

*Sigh* ...

It sucks though that this story is nearly over.  I've been enjoying it very much.  Granted, I do have a few unanswered questions still, but that's alright.  

Just long as they get answered, that is ... Lol! Jk!  ...

Or am I?  Hmm ...

Anyway, hurry up with the next chapter!  I'll be waiting!  :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 12.6K 51
2016©| Childhood memories crowed my mind when I saw her smile or trying to remember the handshake from our childhood that I never forgot. She doesn't...
4.3K 180 16
It's easy for a person's life to change. All you need to hear is one bad thing about them and misconceptions fly high. The truth is though, not every...
735 80 14
Dan's whole life has been a lie. Is he really who the world thinks he is? Is he really... who HE thinks he is?
1.6M 37.9K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...