Reversed Roles(Sasuke Love St...

By HaleighPenguin

What happens when you're on team 7 with Naruto and Sasuke instead of Sakura? What happens when Sasuke lets hi... More

About Your Author
Character Description
Disclaimer
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
Story Song & Sequel

21

976 40 9
By HaleighPenguin

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

~ Sasuke's Point of View ~

This was no spar. (Y/n) looked as if she actually wanted to kill Naruto. I activated my sharingan just as Naruto slid back and created a clone, which started doing something with its hands, and when (Y/n) seen this, she slid back as well and planted her knee into the ground.

A couple of seconds later, Naruto's clone disappeared and he charged at (Y/n), who smirked viciously as one of her arms chirped with the rage of chidori, and the other looked something like a whirlwind vortex. She swung her arms together out in front of her and the two started to merge. This was not going to be good.

"Rasendori stream!" (Y/n) screamed, and after she did, the rasendori stream, as she calls it, shoots from her body, straight at Naruto. She really was trying to kill him. My jaw went slack and I dove for Naruto at the last second, knocking him to the ground, causing her blow to burn a massive hole in a water tower on the roof, soaking everything in its path.

"Where in the hell did you learn that?!?" I scream at her from the ground. (Y/n) glares at me, probably for ruining her attack, then ignored me and jumps off of the roof. I quickly got off of Naruto and followed a good distance behind her. She was so blinded by rage that she wouldn't even be able to feel me. Suddenly, an off looking four stop her and speak to her, I couldn't hear the beginning though. I cautiously crept forward until I could hear, making sure that no one noticed my presence.

"I don't give a damn what Orochimaru wants. I'm leaving tonight anyway, so you can go crawl back into your snake hole." (Y/n) growled. That's the only thing I heard her say. My whole body froze over, and I started to tremble. She jumped off toward her house, and the other four jumped off somewhere as well. I quickly jumped off to the exit of Konoha, if she was leaving, she'd have to go through here, and I'd be waiting when she gets here.

~ A While Later ~

"(Y/n), what're you doing?" I ask her from the bench I was sitting on, waiting for her to get here. At first, she had walked right past me, ignoring my very existence. When she heard my voice, her eyes narrowed and she didn't even look my way, it hurt to say the least. It hurt a lot.

"That's none of your business. Why are you here?" (Y/n) says, even more blankly than her normal self, if that was even possible.

"I heard you talking to those creepy people earlier, and I'm not gonna let you leave." I explain. Her eyes narrow even further and she grits her teeth, a deadly aura pouring off of her.

"You don't have to let me do a damn thing. It's not your choice. I told you months ago that I would kill my sister, no matter the cost, and this is one of them. I told you all from the beginning that I did not need bonds. And this is where our's becomes severed. Goodbye, Sasuke." She begins harshly, but slowly turns back into her monotonous self. She then starts walking away, but I run closer to her.

"Wait, I'll fight you!" I yell after her. (Y/n) stops momentarily before turning her head just slightly in my direction.

"You'd die. So no." (Y/n) spits. My eyes widen and my determination falters, but I push that aside as I take another step closer to her.

"But I can help you!" I yell, pleadingly. Her eyes go completely blank, then she turns face forward once more.

"I only help myself. I only love myself." (Y/n) says robotically. My eyes widen considerably and a scoff escapes my throat.

"So now you're actually going to take that murderer's advice?!?" I yell, anger and frustration coursing through my veins.

"If it helps me kill her, then absolutely." (Y/n) says. I stare at her back in disbelief as she starts walking away again.

"You've gone insane! Just what exactly did you go through in that jutsu?!?" I yell and run closer to her, but made sure to keep my distance.

"I killed you. Over, and over, and over again." (Y/n) growls sinisterly. I back up a step and stare at her back, disbelief running through me.

"Wha- what-" I stutter, but she quickly jumps up into the air, then flashes in front of me in the next second, eyes a blazing blue.

"You talk too much. Goodbye, Sasuke." (Y/n) says, and that was the last thing I heard before I was consumed by darkness. Her darkness.

~ Another While Later ~

"SASUKE, HEY SASUKE GET UP! (Y/N) IS GONE!" I hear an annoyingly familiar voice wake me, but it sounded like I was underwater. I rub my eyes, then rub my ears before sitting up. I slowly open my eyes to see a frantic Naruto, bouncing in place.

"I know. She's the one who did this to me." I said slowly while looking at the ground. Naruto stops moving momentarily before attempting to pull me off of the bench.

"Well, get the hell up and let's go get her!" Naruto shouts, still pulling my wrist. I jerked it back from him and gritted my teeth.

"She doesn't want to be found." I say as my fingers clench around the edge of the bench. Naruto stopped suddenly and got way too serious.

"What the hell are you saying, you're just gonna give up?!? That's pathetic! I'm going to the Hokage to form a team and we're gonna go get her and bring her back!" Naruto yells. My eyes widen considerably and I stand up from the bench, immediately running after him to the Hokage's office. After we got there, we explained what was happening to Tsunade. Her eyes widened and her teeth clamped together as she slammed her fist onto the desk.

"Shizune, summon Kiba, Shikamaru, Neji, and Choji." Tsunade demands. Her underling, Shizune, raced out of the room, and not even five minutes later, all of the mentioned shinobi were standing in the room, receiving orders. Shikamaru was named leader, and then we headed off into the forest, Akamaru and Kiba sending us in the right directions. As soon as we'd caught up to the four sound nin, that's when the plans started falling apart.

"You guys go ahead, I'll stop these brats." The larger man, the one with hair like the girl's, said and cracked his knuckles. The other three sound nin then took off with a large box that was omitting a deadly aura. Deadly, but familiar.

"Guys, follow them, I'll stay here." Choji suddenly says. Shikamaru was hesitant, but in the end, he knew that he didn't want to fail the mission. It went on like this with Neji being left behind with the spider person, then Kiba with the double headed one, then Shikamaru with the girl, and finally it was just Naruto and I, until Kimimaru came along with the massive box next to his side.

"Is (Y/n) in that box, cause if she is we're taking her back to the village NOW!" Naruto yells in frustration. I watch, sharingan activated, as the box starts rumbling, then stops all of the sudden. Kimimaru snaps the top off of it and chakra literally leaks from it, then, all hell breaks loose.

"Hahah. Hahahahah!" Demonic, maniacal laugh erupts from the box. Clouds seem to roll in as (Y/n) leaped over the wooden side and onto the ground, her back facing us. My body froze and my mouth hung wide open, eyes filled with fear.

"Go, Lord Orochimaru is waiting for your arrival." Kimimaru states. (Y/n) doesn't even react, just races off back into the other side of the forest.

"(Y/n)! Wait!" I scream as I run a couple of steps, but Kimimaru swings one of his bone swords at me, reflexively making me flip back. I grit my teeth and fight the depression taking over as I watch her figure fully disappear into the woods.

"You go Sasuke, I'll fight this guy." Naruto suddenly said as he approached me, stopping when he was right by my side. My eyes went wide once more as I stared at him in disbelief.

"But Naruto, he can-" I begin, but Naruto stomps his foot like a child, then points a finger at me accusingly.

"I don't care! I know how you feel about her, the way you look at her. Just go and bring her back if it's the last thing you do. Besides, I'll be right behind ya! Believe it!" Naruto says, becoming very serious and more soft spoken, then returns to his former, warm self.

My eyes widen once more and I begin to think. Is it that obvious to everyone? I push that thought away and race past Kimimaru, taking myself as fast as I can go while adding chakra into my feet to push even faster than that. It seemed as if I'd be right at her, then I'd be a mile away, that is until she stopped at a waterfall.

"Why do you insist on following me?" (Y/n) asks, her demonic voice now lacing the tone of her normal voice. Monotonous.

"Because, you're my best friend!" I screamed and hopped a bit closer. When (Y/n) didn't make a move to flee once more, I was worried and also relieved. Worried because she might be planning something bad, but relieved because it felt almost like she was listening.

"Your point, exactly?" (Y/n) asks, but her voice never wavers, and her face never moves, never changes expressions. Now that I was close enough and could fully see her, I was shocked. Her skin was gray, her hair had grown all the way down her back, and her teeth were pointed. She looked like death. I quickly snapped out of my daze and looked at her eyes this time.

"I care about you, and I want to protect you, save you!" I yelled, more like pleaded, willing her to understand.

"But it seems as though I was always protecting you. You're weak Sasuke. I cannot associate myself with weak people, which includes the entire Leaf Village. Leave now and I won't have to kill you." (Y/n) explained. My body went stiff. She was right, she was way out of my league. She'd died to save me, she'd killed for me, hell, she'd even taken a second curse mark for me.

"But that's the thing! I get it now, you don't want to kill me! You give me another option besides killing me, which makes me think you don't want to kill me." I yell, realization hitting me about all of the times she'd threatened to kill me. Her facade seemed to crack, as she let a bit of emotion seep through. Worry, and regret. But as quickly as the crack formed, she latched it right back up.

"Again, your point?" (Y/n) said, her monotonous voice now holding a bit of venom, a bit more deadly sounding.

"You care for me too." I said, almost breathlessly. Her eyes widened just a fraction and she seemed to be focused on something else, lost in thought, before her attention fully sprang back to me.

"You're sadly mistaken, I care only for myself, I-" She begins, but I shake my head and grit my teeth at her before cutting her off.

"Love only yourself, yeah, whatever! I don't believe that!" I yell frustratedly at her. Her face goes stoic before a wicked grin spreads. My eyes widened and fear prickled through me. She was really gonna kill me.

"Then believe this." She growled and pulled her katana off of her back. I'd only seen her battle with this a few times, and all opponents came out of the battle dead. (Y/n) added chakra to her katana, almost cracklings with untamed energy. She swiped quickly, accurately, my sharingan almost couldn't keep up. Finally, I'd pushed off of the ground hard enough to leap away from her.

"What's wrong Sasuke? You seemed so confident before. Now your arms are too slow to land a hit." (Y/n) laughs demonically. I thought about what she'd said, then a smirk spread across my face.

I launched my body forward, spreading chakra evenly so I'd be faster all around. She seemed shocked and quickly got into a defensive position as I began throwing punches. I swiped my leg to make it look like I was going to kick her, but quickly pushed up and punched her in the nose. She stumbled back just slightly, touching her nose that now poured blood. It felt wrong to hit her, but I smirked in victory.

"Never tell your enemy or opponent their own weakness, they will focus solely on improving in that area, and you will have no advantage." I quoted (Y/n). She looked to be thinking for a moment, but her eyes widened in realization. She'd said that same thing to me when she kicked my ass at our compounds's training grounds.

"My mistake. It won't happen again. This fight is over, and your death is your own fault." (Y/n) says, and suddenly, I can't move. I turn my head and see an exact copy of her, and on the other side, the exact same thing. Clones. (Y/n) places her knee on the ground, and that's when true fear courses through me. I'm going to die. Sparks fly through the air as the wind blows furiously. (Y/n) holds her hands out beside her, then clashes them together in front of her.

"Rasendori stream!" She yells. Just as she finished, a bright beam of light shoots from her hands that looked like a lightning bolt with a tornado surrounding it. A smirk crossed my features as the sound of 1,000 birds filled the air, but not from (Y/n). At the last minute, I'd dropped to the floor, allowing her attack to hit her clones, almost grazing my head, as I quickly made a chidori.

"I've underestimated you slightly. But you won't live." (Y/n) says with another evil smirk on her face that sent shivers up my spine. It was so unlike her.

She created another rasendori and dug her foot into the ground, getting ready to charge at me. I charged my chidori and got ready to do the same. When our attacks were both at their highest, we ran at each other, leaping across the waterfall, battle cries escaping our lips. Everything seemed to go in slow motion the closer we got to each other, the light of the attacks intense. (Y/n)'s face was set in a scowl, but there was something else hidden behind it, her eyes held nothing but sadness, for what, I didn't know.

"(Y/N)!" I screamed in frustration the closer we got. She gritted her teeth and seemed to move faster.

"SASUKE!" She screeched. Not a second later, we hit. My attack hit her in her left shoulder, dangerously close to her heart, but her attack went through both of my sides. Both of our eyes were wide, our hands still inside of each other's bodies as we free fell to the ground. The closer we got to plowing into the rocks below, my instincts completely took over. I pulled (Y/n) closer and flipped so I would cushion her fall. She stared at me, bright blue eyes wide in disbelief before she flipped us over last second, her taking the full weight of the fall, causing her to spit blood in my face.

"(Y/n)?" I call her breathlessly, but her eyes were closed, mouth parted, body completely still. My eyes widened in dread as the worst case scenarios started running through my head. I sat up, straddling her waist and reached out to touch her face, but when I did, she didn't move.

"(Y/n)?!? (Y/n) WAKE UP PLEA- please- what?" I begin screaming, my breathing quickening, but suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my lower stomach. (Y/n)'s eyes snap open, her face blank. She stabbed me in the stomach with a kunai. (Y/n) shoved my body over, causing me to fall onto my back. She quickly stood up and examined her damaged shoulder.

"I told you to leave. I warned you, but you wouldn't listen." (Y/n) explained monotonously, her voice matching her face.

"But- but you died for me, you took the curse mark for me." I spit out, blood flowing from the corner of my mouth.

"You think I took the double curse mark for you? Huh, that's pathetic. I just wanted more power." (Y/n) laughs. My heart clenches and my eyes cloud over with unshed tears.

"No. NO! You're lying!" I scream as loudly as I can, but even then, it was nothing more than a strangled plea. Suddenly, my head feels like it weighs a thousand pounds, and my body was over exhausted. My head falls back, slamming into the rocky surface below and black spots danced across my vision. All of the noises around me sounded as if I was underwater.

"Goodbye Sasuke." (Y/n)'s voice wavers. Her solemn face is the last thing I see before I completely black out.

~ A Couple Hours Later ~

It's dark. And not the comforting type of dark. Her dark. It's cold, too cold, and not the good cold. Her cold. My body ached and my head was in pain. I felt as stiff as a wooden board and I didn't know where I was.

"Hey Sasuke, wake up, you alright?" Well, I obviously wasn't dead, because Naruto's here. Unless I'm in hell. At that thought I shoot up, my eyes snap open, and I scan the room. I see Neji, Choji, and Kiba here in the same room, then my eyes land on Naruto. He looked so sympathetic. I grit my teeth and my eyes drift to the ground. It's time for some changes around here.

Cold. Distant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

479K 16.5K 52
| Sequel to Escape | Staring down at the sleeping man, I thrust the knife downward, aiming for his chest where his heart beat. However, my petty atte...
58.3K 2K 52
What would you do if you knew your time was almost out? that as the seconds passed, your end draws near? How would you feel if you had it all famil...
51.4K 995 24
The wonderful continuation of Kamina and Sasuke's love. Will Sasuke be able to forget about revenge for his dearest love or will he choose hatred ove...
29.5K 1.4K 115
(Book 2) Everyone's favorite red haired- goggle wearing girl is now a teenager and much more feminine as Naruto returns to Konoha! She's been working...