Best-Friends With Benefits (U...

By Prodigywriter9638

Conner Rogers: Hot, athletic, and popular, with an ego the size of the Empire State Building. Selena Rider: C... More

Best-Friends With Benefits
Chapter 1- Wake-up Call
Chapter 2- Catch Me If You Can
Chapter 3- New Guy
Chapter 4- Caught in the Act
Chapter 5- Cover Story
Chapter 6- Out of the Loop
Chapter 7- Complications
Chapter 8- Unexpected Visitors
Chapter 9- The Young and the Restless
Chapter 10- The Trouble with Family
Chapter 11- My Date with the British Devil
Chapter 12- What to do, What to do......
Chapter 13- Poptarts, Golfcarts, and The Notebook
Chapter 14- Back Behind Bars
Chapter 16- Mentally Insane
Chapter 17- Life of the Party
Chapter 18- You Only Live Once
Chapter 19- Just Another Day in the Hospital
Chapter 20- I Guess One Really Is the Loneliest Number
Chapter 21- Isolation
Authors Note!
Chapter 22- Frozen
Chapter 23- Confessions
Chapter 24- Awkward Moments
Chapter 25- Exposed
Chapter 26- The Homecoming
Authors note!
Chapter 27- Business as Usual
Chapter 28- Date Disasters
Chapter 29- Double Trouble
Chapter 30- Jaw-Dropper
Chapter 31- The Intruder
Chapter 32- Pissing Off Your Sister 101
Chapter 33- Scars
Chapter 34- How To Guard a Life for Dummies
Chapter 35- Irony
Chapter 36- Slut City
Chapter 37- Cat Fight
Chapter 38- Tension
Chapter 39- Chain Reaction
Chapter 40- This Means War
Chapter 41- Time's Up
Chapter 42- Breaking Point
Chapter 43- Fear Factor
Chapter 44- Fated
Chapter 45- The Final Hour
Chapter 46- Live and Let Go
Chapter 47- The Rescue Mission
Chapter 48- End of the Line
Sequel Announcement!

Chapter 15- The Talk

492K 7.1K 2.1K
By Prodigywriter9638

When we pulled into the school parking lot the next morning, I almost expected everyone to be whispering and pointing at us, sure that Jerry had spilled the beans and that Conner was going to have to spill his guts.

But the sun was shining, and everyone was acting perfectly normal. Girls giggling at Conner, Boys calling out to Conner from across the lot, Travis no where in sight.

I guess Jerry had a brain after all.

As we walked to the school, Lilly and Alex were waiting outside for me. When Conner turned his back to 'manshake' one of his team mates, Lilly winked at me and Alex wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes at them. "Real subtle guys." I whispered before Conner turned back around to walk me to my locker.

As we neared my locker, Conner jerked to a stop. Jerry was leaning back against my locker with his arms crossed, wearing a black shirt and dark jeans and giving off the bad boy vibe perfectly.

"What." I glared at him. Alex and Lilly looked back and forth between us like they were watching a vicious tennis match.

Jerry shrugged, letting his eyes run over me leisurely. Conner stiffened beside me, clamping his hand tightly around my wrist. "Hi there. So Selena, you wanna go out with me sometime? Some place dark and secluded perhaps?" His voice was light, as if he were teasing us.

"No thanks." I snorted. I noticed that we had attracted a small crowd of people that were starting to gather around us, watching us intently. Tom, who was standing near Lilly, gave me thumbs up and a grin. I guess even his brother seemed to dislike him.

"Why not?" He raised an eyebrow teasingly. "You got a secret boyfriend or something?"

I glanced at Lilly and Alex, who were looking rather perplexed. "Nah, you're just not my type."

"What is your type?" He smirked, pushing off my locker to stand in front of me. "Hot soccer star boys?"

Conner's grip on my wrist tightened. I swallowed, trying to find a way to overcome my bad liar tendencies. "Nope. I just prefer guys with a #@&%."

Everyone watching burst out laughing as Jerry's face turned five shades of red. Lilly snickered behind her hand, trying to hide her laughter. Alex wasn't even trying to hide her laughter, doubling over while she held her gut.

Tom chuckled, walking forward to grab his very embarrassed twin brother's arm and pull him away.

As they passed me, Jerry turned his head to whisper something in Conner's ear that I couldn't quite hear. But whatever it was, it couldn't have been good, because Conner immediately stopped laughing and took off down the hall in the opposite direction, not once looking back at me.

Lilly gave me a questioning look as she noticed him leaving. And for once, I had absolutely no idea what could bother my best friend so much.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By lunch, Conner was perfectly normal again, acting like nothing had happened. When I had asked him about what Jerry had said, he just shrugged and said something about his shoe being untied.

Liar.

I knew he was lying, but I let it slide since he was starting to look slightly uncomfortable. I would try asking him again later.

Mrs.Concon walked by us in her tightly fitted skirt and shredded top, and I had to admit, she had some serious talent to have been able to walk in such murderous looking heels. She gave Conner a wink, which kind of looked more like a spastic eye twitch.

Either Conner didn't see her, or he just ignored her completely. That's my boy.

Finally it was time for my least favorite class of all time. That's right, P.E.

After I dressed out in my gym clothes and sat down in the gym with my friends, I finally saw Travis. He walked in, looking a little depressed. He glanced in our direction, meeting my eyes for a moment before I looked away. He sat down by himself on the other side of the gym, well, except for his fan club group of girls nearby, that were watching him and giggling hysterically.

When we were headed outside to run the track, which I really wasn't looking forward to, the coach called ma back. "Rider! I need your help with something. Go on Rogers, I'm not going to kidnap her." He rolled his eyes at Conner, who had stopped to look back at me.

Go ahead. I mouthed to him. He nodded and went to go catch up with Tom.

"McMullen! You too!" Coach called to Travis.

I groaned. Of course.

Travis kept his eyes on his feet (smart boy) as he joined us. Coach clapped his hands together, leading us down to the end of the gym. "Ok kiddies! See these boxes? I want you to move them to the other side of the gym? Got it?"

My jaw dropped open as I looked at the humungous pile of boxes that almost reached the ceiling. "You just want us to move them to the other side of the gym? What for?"

Coach glared at me, and I shut my mouth quickly. "Cause I'm the coach, and what I say goes. Now start. This might take a while." And with that, he marched outside to the track.

It was silent for a moment, me not wanting to speak first, and Travis not wanting to either. Finally, I just turned my back to him and grabbed the first box.

As I started to lug the box to the other side of the gym, I was fuming about how I had trusted him, and he had been lying to me the whole time. I thought we had a real moment back in the park, but I realized that he was probably just trying to ruin my life and get in my pants. I was stupid to have believed him.

And to think, for a while, I thought that it was Conner who had spied on me. If I take anything seriously, it's trust.

When I finally made it to the other side, fueled by my contained anger, Travis had already started making his way over to me.

After that, we had made a pattern. I would place my box on the other side as he picked up another box. That way, the only time we were close enough to talk, was when we passed eachother in the middle.

And it was working well too, until I fell flat on my butt.

Immediately, Travis had dropped his box and had hurried to my side with a concerned expression on his face. "You ok?" It felt like forever since I had last heard his heavily accented voice.

"Magical." I muttered as I got to my feet and pushed past him. But in the middle of my angry storm off, Travis grabbed my arm and spun me around to face him.

"What is your problem?" He glared at me, surprising me. I don't think I had ever seen him angry before.

"One thing you should know about me," I pulled my arm from his grip. "is that I don't like liars."

"What are you talking about?" His voice became less angry and more confused.

"A baby monitor? Really? If you wanted to know something, asking is a good start. Not spying." I crossed my arms.

"Is that supposed to mean something?" He asked.

I stared at him for a moment, before I realized that he was telling the truth. He seriously had no clue what I was talking about.  

Oh shit, I did it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later, we had given up with moving the boxes to the other end of the gym.

Instead, Travis and I were sitting on the boxes, talking and laughing like friends again. (Honestly, our relationship was so bipolar.) 

We had cleared up our little situation, and turns out that I really was wrong. Again. Travis swore that he had no idea about who would spy on me, but claims that it wasn't him.

I have some serious trust issues.

But a voice was still nagging me at the back of my head. If he didn't do it, who did?

 I pushed the thought to the back of my head. I would have plenty of time to worry about that later.

"So.............." Travis started, nervously running a hand through his blond hair.

I just raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Well," he cleared his throat. "it's just that, I really had fun on our date, and I was wondering if we could-"

He was interrupted when the class came back in from the track, sweaty and smelly. Lilly and Alex passed me on the way to the locker room, giving me curious glances but not stopping to talk. Conner on the other hand, took one look at us and glared at Travis threateningly. He grabbed my hand, pulling me slightly behind him like an over protective mother.

I rolled my eyes when Travis looked slightly more nervous, even though it was true that Conner could easily kick his ass.

"Sure Travis. I'll call you later and we can work out the details." I smiled at him, pulling Conner out of the gym with me and into the hallway.

"What did I miss?" He asked as soon as the door shut behind us.

After I explained the whole mix up to him, he was quiet for a minute. I saw so many things cross his face, I wasn't sure what to make of it all. Uncertainty. Confusion. Disappointment.

Wait, why would he be dissapointed about this?

Before I could ask, he spoke again. "So you're going on another date with the Britt?" He frowned.

"Was that seriously all you got from the entire story?"

He shrugged. "Selective hearing?"

I slapped his arm slightly, and he finally broke into the smirk that I was starting to miss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Conner and I walked into our kitchen, it was eerily silent.

We looked around for a moment, only to find an empty living room, and an equally empty hallway. Was anyone home?

I was just about to voice the question, when we walked into the kitchen and saw our parents sitting expectantly at the kitchen table. The twins must have taken Sandy out earlier.

Well this can't be good.

Conner's mom and dad looked just like him, almost like older replicas. Jet black hair, crystal green eyes, tall, lean bodies. Meanwhile, I looked little to nothing at all to my parents. They were tall, while I was only roughly 5'3ish. And don't even get me started on the whole blue eyes dilemma.

"Hi." Conner said cautiously. The whole place practically screamed intervention.

 My heart started to speed up. Did they know? Did Jerry finally spill the beans? I couldn't bare the thought of my parents knowing that I was sleeping with my best friend behind their backs. Sure, they wouldn't mind if we got married in ten years or so, but they just wouldn't get it.

Like everyone else.

"Conner. Selena. Sit." My dad gestured to the two empty chairs at the table. We nervously sat down, waiting for all hell to break loose.

Mrs.Rogers cleared her throat, and brushed her dark hair behind her ears. "It has come to our attention," I held my breath. "that you two are maturing very quickly. Now there comes a time in life, when one starts to get more intimate with someone else. And during this time, you might feel certain urges-"

"Mom!" Conner's neck and ears flushed red. I was sorta glad that I wasn't the only one blushing right now.

The dreaded sex talk.

"Don't interrupt your mother." Mr.Rogers scolded.

My dad shifted in his seat, looking slightly uncomfortable. "Now we just want you to always be safe, when-"

"Dear ghandi!" I clamped my hands over my ears.

"Honey." My mom frowned, moving my hands back onto the table. "We just want to make sure, that when the time comes you'll be ready."

A little late for that mom.

"No. We are not having this conversation with Conner and his family!" I complained, standing up. "You do realize, that he is the opposite gender, right?"

"We just thought it might be easier." Mrs.Rogers explained. "After all, you two do everything together!"

They had no idea.

"Ok, well thanks for the lovely talk." Conner said, standing up next to me.

"By now!" We ran up to my room, not looking back to the kitchen, where our idiotic parents were still sitting.

"Oh my god. Please tell me that did not just happen." Conner buried his face in his hands.

"Afraid so Con." I sighed, plopping onto my bed.

"So they think we're still virgins?" He asked, not sounding very surprised.

I only nodded. They had no idea, that we were far from being innocent virgins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! Did ya like it? I thought it was pretty entertaining.

Well,I'm goin out of town for spring break, so I might not get the chance to upload again for awhile. Just thought I'd finnish this quickly before I leave.

Any thoughts of what to write about next? I'd love to hear about it!

Questions, comments, hopefully-not-concerns?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798K 14.1K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
1.1K 100 27
Wherever you see this story, please click on it. And if you don't like what you see in the first chapter, please signify. We all know that it's not e...
845K 19.2K 31
It's official. I'm a High School graduate and a soon to be College Student! Finally going to get out of my parents house and off on my own. Well.. T...
807K 26.8K 41
Selena didn't know love, she knew nothing of it. She was almost like a balloon being held against a very sharp, dangerous object. You can see where s...