Always a King or Queen

By AlessaAuditore

*Sequel to 'Once a King or Queen of Narnia* *Caspian Love Story* A year has passed since the Pevensie sibling... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
3rd Book

Chapter 5

2.2K 41 5
By AlessaAuditore

After several minutes of walking along with Peter and Caspian, I fell back so I could walk alongside Lucy, who was speaking with Reepicheep while walking behind Trufflehunter, Trumpkin and Nikabrik. She beamed at me and took hold of my free hand swinging it backwards and forwards, childishly like we used to do.

"So," spoke Trufflehunter, "what are they like?" He was obviously speaking with Trumpkin about us.

"Malcontents, complainers, stubborn as mules in the morning," he replied. Nikabrik then sarcastically replied, "so, you like them, then."

There was a short silence before Trumpkin spoke again. "Well enough."

Lucy and I shared a small smile at this. I leaned down towards Lucy and whispered in her ear, "I knew he would come around. We are just so likable!" Lucy tried and failed to hide a laugh causing the three Narnians in front of us to glance around at us curiously. Lucy and I continued to giggle girlishly to each other, enjoying the playful atmosphere while it lasted.

We noticed that Caspian and Peter, who were leading the party had come to a stop at the tree line and so we jogged up to see what they were looking at. I stood in between Caspian and Peter. The elder prince on my right discretely entwined his fingers with mine, hidden from the view of those around us. I shyly glanced up at Caspian and saw him shoot me a small smile before looking back in the direction of Aslan's Howe. I was still amazed at how close Caspian and I has become in such a short amount of time. It should have been impossible, but my meeting Caspian proved that wrong.

Lucy stood on the other side of Peter, while Susan stood in between Caspian and Edmund. What we saw before us was an enormous green, near the other side was a small stone area with old, eroded pillars surrounding it. From here, I could just barely make out that vines had climbed up the stone pillars and settled along the tops.

On the far side of the green was a monstrous stone structure. This was Aslan's Howe but I wasn't sure what it truly was, as no one had explained it. It reminded me of old buildings and castles I had seen in our history books back in England as it was made completely of many layers of stone raising up off the ground in the style of a pyramid as the layers got smaller each time.

It was definitely old as the wildlife surrounding it; the trees, grass, flowers and bushes, had all grown up and along the structure causing it to almost blend in with the world around it. If I did not know any better, I would have thought this was a natural structure rather than man-made.

We walked together in a line, Lucy, Peter, me, Caspian, Susan and then Edmund, the other Narnians trailing behind.

Caspian had let go of my hand in fear that it would be noticed by one of my siblings or the Narnians. We made our way through the stone area and under a large stone archway. As we approached the Howe, we saw the entrance, a ramp leading down into the ground and inside the large stone structure.

And on each side of the descending stone path stood a row of centaurs all awaiting our arrival. Together we came to a stop and watched as in unison the centaurs unsheathed their swords and spun them into position so they were parallel with their bodies, each held the sword with one hand at the bottom of the hilt and the other twist backwards to hold the top of the hilt just below the blade.

They then let their swords fall, creating an arch for us to walk underneath as they were our Guards for the entrance.

Peter and Susan strode forward and Edmund and Lucy followed not a second after. Caspian had stopped and I smiled encouragingly at him before walking to join my siblings with our heads held high. I was walking in the very middle, between Peter and Susan.

A young centaur, still a boy, had let his sword drop and the centaur next to him helped him lift it higher as we past. Lucy smiled at him and I gave him a small wave in greeting as we continued walking.

We entered together and the first thing we came across once entering were dozens of Narnians of all shapes and sizes working together on weapons in a forge.

Lucy and Susan continued on forwards a bit while I stopped with Peter, Edmund and Caspian. Each had a hand on the hilt of their swords, my staff was strapped to my back but I felt more comfortable with it in my hand so I took it off and held it in my right hand, leaning on it ever-so slightly.

As we gazed around at the happenings, Caspian spoke, "it may not be what you are used to but it is defensible." We turned our stares to him and nodded in understanding. Edmund opened his mouth to speak as he was the one in our family that normally came up with the battle plans and strategies when Susan cut him off from the other end of the hall where she stood next to an opening in the rock.

"Peter. You may want to see this."

Edmund and I shared a look before heading over to Susan with Peter and Caspian following on behind us. We followed after Susan into the stone corridor and on each side of the room there were carvings and paintings of, well, us. Our adventures in Narnia. Peter grabbed a torch from the wall and studied the pictures more closely.

There was Lucy, Susan and I on Aslan's back when we went to free the Narnians from Jadis, the White Witch. There was our coronation, though strangely enough they had the seating arrangements a little mixed up as it went Edmund, Lucy, me, then Susan and Peter when it had been Lucy, Susan, Peter, me and then Edmund. There was even a picture of me and Aslan standing alone with the stars above us and beautiful, clear patterns and pictures. That was the night in Aslan's camp where I showed Aslan my magic.

"It's us," remarked Susan as she gazed around at our story depicted on the stone walls surrounding us. We had come to a stop next to a picture of Mr. Tumnus standing next to the lantern at Lantern Waste.

"It's beautiful," I stated sadly, I don't know why I felt sad, I just did. The Deep Magic was strong here, I could feel it wafting around us through the air, but I was the only one who could tell. I was always the only one.

"What is this place?" asked Lucy, turning to face Caspian. He stared at us each in turn, staying longer on me in slight confusion, "you don't know." It was a statement not a question, but he seemed rather surprised. He took hold of the torch next to him before he led us on through the corridor and down to the left.

Everything was pitch black, except for where the light of the torch reached, which was not very far. We walked in twos and I walked alongside my twin at the back of the group, my staff still in hand.

We entered a large room carved into the stone and there was something large in front of us but I couldn't see it properly because of the lack of light. There were several old rock structures that look like they could have been pillars or arches at some point but were to broken and old to actually tell now.

I spotted out of the corner of my eye, Caspian walking to the side of the room with his torch where there was a sort of stone trench that seemed to go all the way around the back of the room. I watched as he dipped his torch down and whatever was inside the trench lit up like literally, wild fire.

As the fire moved along lighting up the room it revealed that he back wall was covered in hand crafted murals of all the Narnian species. In the very middle there was a giant carving of Aslan. I could now see what the stone structures had been. It was the Stone Table and the surrounding pillars. The now cracked Stone Table.

Lucy approached the table first and carefully laid her hand upon the stone remembering when she had seen it last before turning back to face us and exclaiming, "he must know what he is doing." Susan's face showed that she was rather doubtful of this as she glanced back up at the Aslan carving. I opened my mouth to speak but Peter spoke across me, "I think it is up to us now."

I turned to glare at him. I knew we would need Aslan before this battle was done. Together we all looked back up at Aslan's portrait as I whispered just loud enough for them all to hear.

"It will never be just us."

We had gathered together the leaders and the best warriors at the Stone Table. Lucy sat on the large more level half of the cracked table while sat on the other half next to where Caspian stood. Edmund sat off to the left of Lucy on a pillar edge wile Susan sat on the opposite side next to Nikabrik. Peter stood in the middle of everyone.

"It's only a matter of time," spoke Peter. "Miraz's men and war machines are on their way." He was constantly moving and turning so as to stare into the eyes of the all the Narnians that surrounded him. "That means those same men aren't protecting his castle," clarified Peter.

Reepicheep stepped forward and asked, "what do you suppose we do, your majesty?"

Both Caspian and Peter stepped forward to speak at the same time.

"We need to get ready for it."

"To start planning for.."

Caspian seemed a bit taken a back and surprised but Peter was annoyed and turned his hard gaze on Caspian. Caspian took a slight step back in surrender to show he meant no harm. "Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us," said Peter, taking Caspian's actions to mean submission.

Caspian shook his head before saying, "that is crazy. No one has ever taken the castle." Peter just turned back to face him and said, "there is always a first time for everything." Trumpkin leaned over and added, "and we'll have the element of surprise."

"But we have the advantage here," spoke Caspian strongly. I spoke up grabbing everyone's attention, "the element of surprise can only get us so far and if one thing goes wrong, we won't have a back up plan, as we won't be able to put one in place; many lives would be lost if we failed."

I now had their full attention, "Caspian is right, here, we have the advantage. In the castle, we are on their turf and that will help them greatly. They can set traps but so can we, but only here."

Susan nodded getting to her feet and standing behind me, placing her hands on my shoulders, we may not be the closest of sisters but we had our moments. "If we dig in, we could hold them off indefinitely."

I could see that Peter was getting pissed that Susan and I had sided with Caspian against him. Trufflehunter then spoke up, "I, for one, feel safer underground."

Susan sat back down while I slipped off the table to stand at Caspian's side as Peter walked up to him. "Look, I appreciate what you have done here," he said, "but this isn't a fortress. It's a tomb."

Edmund then spoke causing us all to look in his direction, "yes, and if they're smart, the Telmarines will just wait and starve us out." I didn't understand the starving out thing as I have magic, food isn't that hard to get using it. But Edmund was the one who knew battles and the most likely outcomes so I trusted his judgment.

Another hyper squirrel who was standing next to Reepicheep exclaimed loudly, "we could collect nuts!" Reepicheep then sarcastically replied, "Yes! And throw them at the Telmarines!" He then scowled down at the squirrel, "Shut up!" I rolled my eyes and called over to him, "cool it down Reep, he was just giving a suggestion." My tone showed that I was amused by their words but they weren't useful at the moment.

Reepicheep smiled sheepishly and gave a small bow in my direction before turning to Peter and saying, "I think you know where I stand, sire."

Peter then turned his gaze to Glenstorm and slowly approached him and asked, "if I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?" Glenstorm looked over in Caspian's direction waiting to see if their was any protest, as it was Caspian he had pledged his services to, but when there was none, Glenstorm replied to Peter, "Or die trying, my liege."

I took a step back and leaned back against the Stone Table next to Lucy. I could tell she wanted to say something but was slightly nervous. She noticed I was studying her and I jerked my head in Peter and Caspian's direction, urging her to speak up.

"That's what I'm worried about."

Everyone turned to look at her. Peter's eyes narrowed in confusion at her statement, "sorry?" I placed my hand over Lucy's and gave it an encouraging squeeze, she deserved to have a say in what was happening. "You all talk as if there are only two options; dying here... and dying there," she said.

"I'm not sure you have been listening," spoke Peter but Lucy cut across him, "no! You're not listening!" I spoke up gazing coldly at my eldest brother, "or have you forgotten who really killed the White Witch, Peter?"

Peter looked in between Lucy and I before saying in a hard, cold tone, "I think we have waited for Aslan quite enough." I sighed sadly, they were losing faith. All of them. They were being tested by Aslan and they were failing. It was only Lucy and I that seemed to show any signs of belief in him.

Peter strode angrily out of the room and was eventually followed by the rest of the Narnians. Soon the only ones left were Caspian and I. I sat on the Stone Table staring at the carving of Aslan, wishing that somehow he would appear and help us but he didn't come.

I heard Caspian as he walked across the room and settled himself behind me on the stone and wrapped both his arms around my shoulders. He didn't have to worry about my staff as it lay across my lap. He lay his chin on my shoulder and I glanced at him sadly. "Your brothers are coming up with a plan," he told me. I nodded in understanding but didn't say anything.

I turned in his arms so my head was against his chest and I wrapped my arms around him soaking in his warmth and comfort. "I know you fear what could happen during this mission, as do I," he exclaimed. I nodded against his chest, "I don't know the plan but I do know that so many things can go wrong and our army is already so small especially compared to that of the Telmarines."

I leaned back so I could look into his eyes. Caspian placed his hand upon my cheek, it was rough from all the years of sword-play. "Even if we do take the castle," I continued, "what then? Where do we go from there, as there would still be Miraz's army to deal with. What would we have won?" The Prince leaned in kissing my head softly before placing a hand on the back of my head and pressing it back to his chest.

"If only we could stay like this forever," spoke Caspian, "just you and me, no war, none of your brother's crazy ideas to get us killed and no risk of losing each other in battle." I couldn't help the small blush that grew across my cheeks at his words, "I completely agree."

Caspian let his arms fall as I made to get off the Stone Table so I could join my family with the plans or whatever else they were doing. "My family may worry about me," I explained as I began to make my way towards the corridor that led back to entry being used as a forge. Caspian must have gotten up as well as he quickly ran after me and took a hold of my hand. He gave it a hard jerk and forced me to face him once again. He turned me in a direction and walked us backwards until my back was against one of the still intact pillars.

"I'm not going to wait for us to be interrupted again," he stated confidently and before I could say anything in reply his lips were pressed against mine in a heated kiss.

His lips moved against mine and it took several moments for me to kiss him back but I did. One of my hands unconsciously rose and placed itself on his neck while the other knotted itself in his hair. Caspian like me had one hand on my neck as I could feel his warm skin against it and I could also feel the heat of his other hand through my dress on my opposite hip where his other hand lay.

Our mouths moved in perfect sync and I was sweetly surprised by his tongue grazing across my bottom lip, begging for entrance. I smirked into the kiss and refused him, his own lips extended into a smirk as he tried to force his way in, but was met with no success. Caspian let his hand on my neck move roughly down my chest and stomach and pressing me roughly into the stone pillar behind us with his body pressed against me. I gasped as my back made contact with the cold stone, the smooth cool touch sending a shock up my spine and Caspian took the advantage given to him to gain entry to my mouth. His tongue quickly entered my mouth, but I wasn't going down without a fight as we fought against each other for dominance but I eventually gave in to him and he took control of me and let his tongue map out the area inside my mouth.

The blitz that I had seen take place only a year ago appeared to have started up again, this time in my stomach as the feelings being caused by the kiss were incredible, something I had never felt before but I had also never been kissed before as before Caspian I had mostly avoided all relationships unlike most girls my age. The sweet, yet sharp taste of Caspian's lips and mouth filled my senses, and I allowed myself to lose myself in him. 

Caspian pulled out of the kiss biting and pulling on my bottom lip slightly as he did so. He placed his forehead against mine and gave a large contented sigh of, "wow!" I just gave a small nod, all words had left me, Caspian's kiss having stolen my voice. Caspian leaped away from me as we heard footsteps coming down the steps. Looking up we saw Edmund, he glanced in between us, most likely taking in our flustered faces and heavy breathing.

"I was just sent to find you both," he explained still glancing back and forth though he seemed to glaring at Caspian slightly as though he knew what we had been doing but I was sure he could guess.

"Thank you, Edmund," said Caspian. Edmund nodded hesitantly before turning away and going back from where he came.

"That was close," I said as I took Caspian's hand and led him towards where Edmund had just left. Caspian nodded, "lets keep this as our secret, shall we." he gave me a small smile and I nodded. I rose onto my toes, placing a hand on his shoulder and pulled him down slightly and gave him a soft peck on the lips, "just between us." I then let go of him and quickly made my way up stairs to my siblings.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

929 54 9
[Ongoing] Call to the Old SEQUEL. All hope had been lost between the both of them, they each clung to anything that reminded them of each other. Thei...
2.1K 27 15
1300 years after they are first called, the Pevensies are brought back to the land they once ruled over. A group of pirates who had journeyed throug...
2.5K 139 5
"𝐈 𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐰, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭." In which Te...
95.8K 2.6K 32
Do you ever feel like you were born into the wrong world? Because that is exactly how Elodie Penvensie felt. Her twin brother Peter, and the rest of...