Magi: A Tale of a New Beginni...

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon con... More

Prologue
Scroll 1: I am Azami
Scroll 2: Amon and the Kou Empire
Scroll 3: Balbadd and the Lady Killer of the Seven Seas
Scroll 4: Fog Troupe
Scroll 5: Judar and Renewed Balbadd
Scroll 6: Sindria
Scroll 7: Stolas' Dungeon
Scroll 8: Dark Djinn and Dunya's Curse
Scroll 9: Three Fragments
Scroll 10: Different Paths and the Pirates
Scroll 11: Yunan and Azami
Scroll 12: The Crimson Prince and Azami
Scroll 13: Reim and Alibaba
Scroll 14: Yambala Tribe and New Dungeon
Scroll 15: Fourth Djinn and Lucien
Author's Note
Scroll 16: Yunan's Warning
Scroll 17: Setta's Adventure
Scroll 18: The War Starts
Scroll 19: Hope
Scroll 20: The Decisive Battle
Scroll 21: A New Start
Scroll 22: Yunan, Training and Balbadd
Scroll 23: Ren's Plan and Azami's Answer
Scroll 24: Kou, Sindria and the Past
Scroll 25: Solomon's Adventure
Scroll 26: Siblings and Oath
Scroll 27: Solomon and Sheba
Scroll 28: The War and It's End
Scroll 29: End of Alma Torran
Scroll 30: His Change, His Death
Scroll 31: Azami's Plan
Scroll 32: Kou's Civil War
Scroll 33: Aftermath
Scroll 34: Pursuit
Scroll 35: Three Years Later
Scroll 36: Kou Empire's Mishap
Scroll 37: Confrontation
Scroll 38: Big Trouble
Scroll 39: Witch
Special Scroll: Chocolate?
Scroll 41: His Attack, David
Scroll 42: His Prisoner, Azami
Scroll 43: King of Man
Scroll 44: Azami's Djinns and the Greatest Vessel
Scroll 45: Her Will
Special Scroll: How Azami Met Her Djinns in Alma Torran
Scroll 46: The First Dungeon, Her Shadow
Scroll 47: Second Djinn and Azami's Duplicate
Special Scroll: Sitri, Ipos and Azami
Scroll 48: Zepar and Crocell
Scroll 49: Fourth Dungeon, Azami's Hidden Power
Scroll 50: Protect the Future
Scroll 51: His Sorrow, Her Regret
Scroll 52: Tale of a New Beginning
Epilogue
Character Profile
Author's Note

Scroll 40: International Alliance

1.2K 50 13
By AthanasiaKashimashi

The group called out foods and drinks from the barmaid. They settled in a table off to the left. Alibaba glanced at Aladdin who started drinking his booze. He was shocked so to say.

"Aladdin!? You're drinking?"

"Sure! Don't worry, I've got a good tolerance unlike you." He said. Azami laughed at that since she could sense a hint of playful mockery in his tone. Setta shrugged and ate his own ration. Morgiana noticed Hakuryuu drinking alcohol so she quickly pulled it out of his grasp. He whined but the Fanalis reminded him of his poor tolerance. Alibaba chuckled at their antics.

"You should tell him where you were the past three years, Aladdin." Setta pointed. The blue haired magi did. Alibaba, after being amazed with Kina, scolded Aladdin lightly for making him worry. He apologized.

"That's all right. I also have a lot of hardships, you know. I became a doll."

"Doll?" The four questioned. Azami nodded at that and told them bits of what happened while she was with the Mother Dragon, Judar and Alibaba. Alibaba continued his adventures especially about the controversy in Kou. Their eyes glimmered in excitement. Morgiana beamed at his words and that was when Alibaba noticed the necklace she was wearing. It was the same one he gave her when they departed Sindria as an extra household vessel.

"You're still wearing that necklace."

"Yes. I will forever treasure it." There was an evident blush on his face when she mentioned 'treasure'. Setta grinned smugly and nudged the poor boy.

"Ah! Why are you not drinking, Alibaba?" Aladdin questioned. The blonde conqueror pulled himself away from him and insisted that he didn't want any alcohol. He said that there was still something he had to say to Morgiana while he was still sober.

"There's something I have to tell you."

"Hmm? Hoh~ What's this!?" The people from the pub excitedly asked. They stared at the couple waiting for his statement. Alibaba smiled sheepishly at her.

"Since I came back to this world, I've noticed that there was no war. I also settled things in my hometown and saw the world in a different perspective. Now that the world is at peace, everyone started out families." He continued with how great the world had changed, how he was offered a place back in Balbadd but he told her one specific statement.

"Every time I think of family, the first person that comes into my mind is you, Morgiana. When I'm with you, I feel like I can carry on living. Even when I don't believe in myself or when you don't believe in yourself. I feel that we should be together. Now that I think back on it, you were the only girl that's been there for me. Therefore, will you marry me, Morgiana!? I will make you be happiest woman in the world. I will make up for the time I died." He proposed with a massive blush on his face.

Azami's eyes widened at that. She wondered if this will ever happen to her. She knew it will never be. Maybe in another life. Morgiana was silent until she voiced out things about making a woman Fanalis suffer.

"I won't die again!" He insisted. Morgiana smiled and said, "I won't let you die. Let's be husband and wife." With that, everybody erupted into wild cheers. Even the people in the pub celebrated wildly. They danced among themselves and even Setta was forced to stand from his seat and cheer. Hakuryuu sighed while Aladdin grinned at him.

Soon, the party died out and people left the tavern. Hakuryuu, as well, stood up and informed Aladdin and Azami that he will have to find Judar soon. She nodded and Aladdin teased him about his unrequited love to which she giggled. Setta stepped from the shadows and informed his sister that he will go to bed.

"I'll see you later then, Setta. I'll meet you back in Kou. I just have some business to attend. Don't sleep too much."

"Got it. Be careful out there, Azami-nee." He yawned before leaving. Azami gave Aladdin and Hakuryuu a knowing look before sending her off.

"I'll see you guys later. Have a safe trip as well, Hakuryuu."

"Yours too as well, Azami-dono."

She walked out of the tavern and searched for her assistant, the new officer in-charge of Fenix Trading Company. They were near, about 8 blocks away from her. Once she was sure that Ana was there, she made her way towards them. She stumbled upon a small home, pretty simple one. She knocked on the door thrice before it was opened by a familiar man.

"Who are y—Talia-sama?" Leon asked surprised to see his previous boss in front of him. She smiled at the black-haired teen before asking for Ana.

"Ana! Wake up! Talia-sama is here. She said she wanted to talk to you." That woke the poor girl in an instant. With a blink of an eye, she stood in front of Azami and teared up.

"Talia-sama!" She hugged her. That made the pink haired conqueror laugh. They invited her inside and had tea.

"There is something I have to entrust you two." She looked at them in the eye.

"You've known me for almost two years now and I've kept a lot of things away from you."

"What do you mean, Talia-sama?" Leon asked. She smiled sadly before saying, "My real name is not Talia. It is Azami. I'm sorry I kept this thing away from you. You see, the president of Parthevia, whom you already know as Sinbad, was out chasing after me. He wants me to be part of his company and be with him. Sinbad is a great man but I just don't see myself with him. He pursued me to the point that we battle. I'm a king vessel and—" She trailed. Peaking at them, she could see disbelief, disappointment and anger (from Leon's part).

"So all along, we've been working with a fraud!?" Leon asked harshly. He stood from his chair slamming his hands down.

"Answer me, Talia-sama. Or should it be, Azami?"

"No. The person you've interacted with was still the me. I only faked my name and that was to help people and a certain country. I built Fenix Company to give hope to the people of this dying country. Of Kou. The Empress, who is my friend, suffered and was depressed during those times. That was until Alibaba came. He did what I couldn't. I could only support Kou. I'm no hero or king. I believe that is Alibaba's job. Please believe me when I say that I'm really sorry for lying to you."

"Tal—Azami-sama, why are you telling us this?" Ana asked. She, as well, felt betrayed and scared because of not knowing who Azami really was. The poor conqueror sighed and told them everything.

"You two are my trusted companions and I'm asking you to protect these people. Plus, my djinns told me that I should at least tell you my secret. I can trust you two right?"

Leon glared at the floor while Ana fiddled with her fingers. They were unsure but at the same time, they wanted to say yes. She helped them a lot after all. From the streets, Azami pulled them and gave them a new home. Their resolve was done. They nodded and a bright light appeared. Once it was over, Ana had her weapon with Solomon's symbol. Her weapon was something that releases gun powder in a metallic pointed container about the size of a small eraser. It had a trigger near the bottom but not at the end. It was a gun. Leon, on the other hand, received a huge sword with Solomon's symbol in the middle. The sword was about 5 feet with a handle encircled by something that looked like wings.

"Do you accept being part of my household member?" They were astonished to say the least. Leon recovered first and stepped in before kneeling down.

"I cannot trust you fully again but I must repay your kindness towards me." He kneeled down.

"Leon, I know that I did some mistake and I hope that you can forgive me for that. I am not a perfect being that is why I need your support. Will you aid me?"

"Yes, Azami-sama!" He declared.

"Ana?" She questioned. The assistant looked at her and down at the gun. She suddenly kneeled down.

"This is an honor, Azami-sama. I'll be with you when you call me."

"Leon, Ana. Thank you. For now, just continue with your current work and I'm really grateful that you heard me out. I'll visit soon." She said. She was about to leave when Ana and Leon told her that they will be establishing a branch in Kina to extend the business. She grinned and let them.

"I'll see you then! Take care you two!"

"You as well, Azami-sama."

Kou Empire

The rest of Aladdin's group reached Kou where they were greeted by an overjoyed Kogyouku. She saw them return and Alibaba came to a conclusion that she knew where Aladdin was but kept her mouth shut because of Arba and Sinbad. Setta fidgeted in his position and would often looked around for his sister.

'She will be back soon.' He thought.

They broke the news to them that they were about to get married. Kogyouku looked at them with a passive face and complained about her position. She said that she really was not cut out for the job and yet she insisted on doing it. Aladdin asked if Alibaba knew.

"Alibaba doesn't need to know."

"Eh? Why not?"

"Not a word!"

Then silence came. Setta watched them talk. No, he was not jealous or anything. He just noticed something weird. He heard Kogyouku confess that he liked Aladdin better than Alibaba. That was when he saw a pink rukh.

'Am I really seeing this!?' He grinned but stopped when he heard the empress say "My dear boy, do me a favor and stop being so cocky!"

'Burn!' Setta snickered before trudging towards the garden where he would have to make a spell of protection.

He was about to finish when he was called by the others. They told him that they will be visiting their mentors. Setta agreed and helped Aladdin with the teleportation circle. They reached Heliophat in no time and they were greeted by their smiling mentors. The three of them ran to their own and Setta felt a little out of place. Masrur and Morgiana, Sharrkan and Alibaba then Yamraiha and Aladdin. He was about to leave when he was stopped by a hug from two of his mentors.

"Do you really think that we already forgot about you, Setta?"

"Yam and Sharrkan." He teared up a little but gave them a grin in the end.

'I guess I'm not really out of place after all.'

They discussed about the marriage and Alibaba asked if Sharrkan will ever get married. Yamraiha was surprised and asked if he really was getting married. Setta chuckled at his flushed face. Then the Heliophat king glared at Alibaba before leaving them. Solomon knows his huge crush on the magician.

"I'll remember this, Alibaba!"

Outside, Alibaba asked what country they would visit next. Setta suggested Parthevia since there was an unsettled score they have to settle.

"Then let's go and meet Uncle Sinbad."

Azami returned to Kou and Kogyouku told her that Alibaba and the others were out to announce their marriage. She nodded. The empress went to her side and voiced out something important. She was shocked to hear it.

"Are you serious!?"

"Yes, I guess I have—no, we have to."

"Then I'll support you. Fenix Trading Company is with you." The empress beamed at her words. Azami left and told her she will be somewhere wandering again.

She was walking near Parthevia when she felt the same presence again. It was more active this past days and that worried her.

"Damnit. Stupid Elder." She murmured to herself. She wore her cloak and watched the top most part of Sindrian Trading Company where the stupid king was talking to him.

'My Queen, what will you do now?' Stolas asked.

'Be careful, Little One. I feel a dangerous presence within that man.' Halphas warned. Azami knew what she had to do next but she will have to wait. Wait for the time to enter that place. It will not be an easy task after all.

"I will have find the right opportunity. I don't know if that perverted king still remembers my words about entering the Sacred Palace. I hope not." She murmured. It was fine since her rukh was covered thanks to the spell Illusion.

Two days later
Sindrian Trading Company HQ

Aladdin and the co reached the place and was greeted warmly. Sinbad welcomed them with open arms. It was a little awkward at first until Sinbad admitted defeat to them. Setta scrunched his face in confusion. Aladdin smiled and asked if the purple haired king could really see the flow of the rukh. He confirmed it and Setta understood what was happening. Then they came to a point where Aladdin talked about the nature of destiny.

"I don't think a single destiny has been fixed ever since Solomon's time. So what is this force that moves everything in motion? That's what I want to explain."

"And that would be?"

"It's the hopes and dreams of everyone. Yes, the ability to think that I want to do something today and another tomorrow. Whether to eat something delicious or live comfortably. Anything! Wanting to make you happy, wanting to make everyone happy or even erase war from this world. The ability of us to imagine a bright future takes shape and forms an unseen body which advances the world." He continued. He encouraged Sinbad that he should share that burden with them for everything will be solved with everyone's help. He agreed rather easily which rose suspicions to Setta.

'I don't think this man will admit defeat that easily. The stiffening of his face and clenching of his hands. No, he still believes that he will have to do everything.'

The others left but Setta insisted that he wanted to talk to Sinbad.

"Hmm? That's weird. I can't hear his voice." Sinbad said to himself.

"Who's voice? Elder David?" The former Sindrian king stopped in his tracks and turned around to see the purple haired magician.

"Setta. I thought you left with the others already."

"I have to talk to you. Are you really going to follow that voice in your head? Elder David?" He asked. That was when Setta felt a force trying to push him away but failed due to the training he had done. He may not be as strong as Aladdin but he could still be in par with him.

"I'm not swayed easily, Sinbad."

"I see. Well then, I really don't think that Aladdin is right. I will guide this people towards the right path."

"And what will you do?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. I'll be leaving then." He was about to leave when Setta asked him why he was chasing after his sister.

"Azami is a special woman. I want her in my arms and guide the people along with her. I know she only wants a peaceful world but I can give her everything. I ruined my chances and I don't know if she'll still let me."

"Are you really in love with her or just because she's from Alma Torran?"

"I don't know. Maybe both." He left Setta and the purple haired magician did as well.

'Azami-nee.'

The following days were hectic. Sinbad had a lot of appointments and one of them was with Sinbad. He tried to talk with the empress but she left the work to Ka Koubun.

Sinbad sighed in his work and noticed the date. It was nearing that day again. He went to Sindria where he was welcomed by Hinahoho. They talked for a while until they reached the graveyard where the others waited for them.

The heroic souls of the founders of Sindria rest here.

They put down flowers as a sign of respect. Everybody had a solemn face for they knew that the first Kingdom of Sindria was destroyed and many died of that war. Mystras, Rurumu and the Parthevian princess (who owned Zepar once). They were all killed in that battle.

Sinbad stepped up and thanked all of them but Drakon told him that it was all thanks to him. That it was Sinbad who did it all. They had glassy determined faces with them.

"You have devoted all of your time and energy to Sindria and this world. We are proud of you too."

'That's right. I reached this position because of my comrades. I must create that kind of world. David, you're wrong. I will steer the world in the right direction with the bonds I formed.' He thought to himself.

Days have passed and it almost felt at peace until it was time for Empress Kogyouku to leave the International Alliance. She went inside the hall and looked at the permanent members. Rametoto, Myra, Amun-Ra and Darius. She sat on her own chair and watched the scene unfold. In front of them was Reim's ambassador, Muu. Sinbad asked what their decision was and he simply told him that Reim will not join the Alliance. The people around them groaned but Muu informed them that he was serving as a senate of his country. Although people still whispered about them and their metal vessels, Muu just ignored them. Kogyouku took a deep breath while Sinbad was speaking.

"Reim wishes to keep its sovereignty." Muu declared. That caused chaos around and accused them. Muu insisted that they were doing nothing wrong and that they were even paying huge taxes. However, the nitwits minds were set on. Sinbad threatened Muu but Kogyouku stood up and asked Sinbad if she could invite one more guest. That was when the King of Kina appeared.

"Finally, it's my turn!" He walked happily towards Muu and greeted them. He announced that he was back from his travels and even Ren Hakuryuu. That shocked the people around them. Kogyouku took one more deep breath before saying.

"The Kou Empire will hereby exit the International Alliance." Everybody jaw dropped at the announcement. She walked towards the two (Muu and Takeruhiko).

"Let me use this opportunity to say that I came here today to convey Kou's withdrawal from this alliance."

"Do you really understand what will happen once you withdraw?" Sinbad asked. She nodded. She knew the consequences but it didn't mean that they're powerless.

"I want to build a country I can take pride in with my own words. Which is why chairman, I want to forgive you on my own volition. The fact that Kou's Civil war ended because of your efforts. You are a great man who succeeded in creating a peaceful world no one believed to be able to happen. Lord Sinbad, the peace exist because of you. Thank you." That was her gratitude to the leader of International Alliance.

The humiliation and hatred of the past turned into words of gratitude. Kogyouku, the renewed determination of the Kou Empire.

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 542 9
So I haven't seen many, or any to be honest, of these so I'll try my best to make it a good story! You are a slave girl originally from the Dark Con...
117K 5.6K 32
*I do not own Magi or any of the characters* Ashlyn's life had been anything but easy. Her father left years ago and her mother is very abusive, both...
5.8K 190 20
It's is the year 3025, and the world is full of technology. However, 20 years ago, scientists discovered a gate. This gate opens into other worlds. I...
42.2K 2K 34
*I do not own Magi or any of it's characters* Several hundred years after the Kou Empire civil war, Al-Thamen is completely defeated. The battle was...