Disappearing Hearts

By XxFiFatalityxX

Chase Brewer has just moved to a new school. His 6th high school in fact. His life was pretty laid back. Then... More

Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 1 ~A Newer Start~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 2 ~Evelyn Redfern~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 3 ~Soulmate Principal~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 4 ~Break It Down Once More~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 5 ~Joker's Heart~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 6 ~Cracked Wings~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 7 ~House Of Cards~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 8 ~The War Is The Last Beat~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 10 ~War Torn~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 11 ~Addicted To Things That Shouldn't Exist~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 12 ~Total Recall~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 13 ~Black Cards~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 14 ~Broken Veins~
Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 15 ~Dark Dreams~

Disappearing Hearts -Chapter 9 ~Dying Love~

158 2 1
By XxFiFatalityxX

Chapter 9 ~Dying Love~

Chase's arms curled around Evelyn as they both shifted in their sleep. But his mind was too full of excitement to let him rest peacefully. Yet his body felt free. His heart was physically tied to Evelyn. He couldn't let her go not now.

Then light shone through his pleasing darkness. He winced against it. When his eyes decided to cooperate, Chase opened them to find Eve wearing his t-shirt, opening the blinds then the windows. He rolled up and leaned on his right elbow.

"You know that t-shirt looks so much better on you" he grinned at her.

Eve turned around a little startled. She smiled back sweetly.

"Why thank you" she spoke. Although her voice was croaky with morning grogginess, it still sounded like beauty in an audible form.

She walked over to Chase and kissed him. But that wasn't enough for him. He sat up and pulled her back and kissed Eve more passionately. She smiled against his kisses. She finally got the message when she sat in Chase's lap. Her legs wrapped around his waist. Chase felt her move against him. Her waist going round in circles beneath his hands. He was beginning to feel aroused but held the feeling back as he pulled away.

"Not now. Not so soon" he breathed.

Evelyn shook her long deep red hair back. Her pale arms looped around Chase's neck. Her hand stroking his hair at the back of his head. Her deep green and brown mixed eyes bore into Chase's Ice blue eyes. His own pale hands rested on Evelyn's white legs. The deep purple cover left his waist down completely unexposed.

"Ok" she smiled.

"So what are you planning on doing today?"

"I'm thinking go home..."

Eve looked a little taken back at this.

"My 'house' and tell my parents what's happening. Not to mention to get changed"

"Then I'm going to school, then coming home with my out of this world beautiful girlfriend, and probably chill with a film....then other things that I'll let your imagination run over" he beamed a brilliant smile.

"Ahhh" Eve sighed.

"And who might this out of this world beautiful girlfriend?" she mocked a thinking image on Chase's lap.

"Wouldn't you like to know" he winked and kissed Eve lightly.

"Well for all of that you're going to need a breakfast" Evelyn suggested.

Chase just looked at her as though to say 'I'm not hungry'. But Eve was having none of it.

"I don't care if you're hungry or not, you need energy, or we can't do any of the several things that I was thinking of tonight" she sighed sliding off of Chase.

"Fine" he growled playfully as he pulled on his jeans, stood to button them and caught a glimpse of Evelyn walk out the room. She looked back at him teasingly.

"You do realise I'm going need my t-shirt back!" he called to the ceiling as he fastened his belt.

Evelyn was stood at the doorway when he looked back.

"Awwww" she pouted.

Chase walked over to her, kissed her and bit at her bottom lip gently.

"Hey" Eve exclaimed quietly.

"I do the biting around here" she smiled.

Chase smiled at this smart ass comment. Then she danced away and into the kitchen.

"As for the matter about your t-shirt" she called back.

"I'm afraid it's not up for grabs today"

Chase followed her down the corridor, across the spacious living room, and through a door into an equally amazing extremely spacious kitchen all fitted out with black work tops, and white cupboards, with a large black fridge.

"So you expect me to go walking around topless?" he asked while leaning against the doorjamb.

"Now there's a thought" Eve chuckled back, jumping upon the black marble work top, sipping at a opaque mug.

Chase sneered at her playfully and walked over to her. When Chase reached Evelyn, however, she flinched away. Chase backed away a step. His face a portrait of sheer confusion and hurt. Evelyn obviously picked up on this. She placed the mug beside, rested her hands either side of her legs and leaned forward looking directly into Chase's eyes.

"You know I love you" she whispered.

Chase nodded. He took note of the red substance in a drip pattern at the corner of her mouth. His mind ran wild as it went through all of the horror movies that included vampires. And how each of them had blood dripping down from the corner of their lips after they had fed. Chase fought down the disgust. He loved Evelyn and didn't care that she was a Vampire.

"And I love you, that's why you shouldn't be ashamed to take blood in front of me" he whispered back.

He wandered closer to her, cautiously, afraid that she would violently recoil again. But she never did. He placed a hand on her cheek, pulled her face closer, and licked away the blood. A copper taste burned in his mouth. Evelyn then moved in and kissed Chase with little pressure. Chase kissed back with more passion. They continued this way. The passion grew and grew. Chase began to move in between Evelyn's legs, which wrapped around his waist. Her fingers tangled in Chase's hair. His hands ran up her spine. The pair began to move in harmony again.

"No" Evelyn gasped as Chase began to kiss her neck.

"We have a school to go to" She gasped again.

Chase began to bite her neck gently. Despite the fact that she was the Vampire, Chase still bit her anyway. His lips began to move downwards, then upwards again.

"Chase" Evelyn moaned.

Chase barely heard a thing over his own blood rushing through his ears. The passion was beginning to take over. Their waists grinding against each other. Chase was somehow dully aware how far he was to completely letting go. Eve was close to he could sense it. Then cold hands rested on his cheeks, which brought him slowly but surely out of his trance. He rested his head against the crook of Evelyn's neck.

"I'm sorry" he breathed.

"No" she sighed.

"Don't be, it's just..." she ended oddly.

"Just what?" Chase urged.

"Just that we have a day that needs to be attended to before anything" she gasped.

"I know" Chase replied slowly and breathlessly.

With that Evelyn jumped down from the work top. Her body slid down Chase's. He held her for a while.

"I love you" he whispered down to her.

"And I love you" she spoke softly.

She skipped off to get dressed. When she returned she held out Chase's t-shirt, of which he took and pulled over his head.

The rest of the day was just like any other day. Lessons, dinner with Drake and the guy. Then the last few lessons.

Chase decided on going to his parent's house that afternoon. He wasn't very surprised by their reaction, of worry and relief as he returned. His mother babbled on about how she couldn't sleep a wink with fright. His father was a little more laid back about it but showed an extreme amount of concern with his silence.

Once Chase had explained everything (being careful to leave out anything about the previous night) his parents were rather happy with the fact that he had a place of his own.

They let him clamber away to his room. He packed his things into several bin bags. When he spotted a letter. It was marked with a logo for some kind of school. He tore open the letter, and read it carefully. His whole face brightened up. Chase Brewer had been offered a place at High Meltold College. He hauled his stuff downstairs with a grin on his face.

More surprises kept coming at him. On the table were a set of car keys.

His parents were stood behind him.

"Happy birthday son" his father gleamed.

"Oh happy 18th birthday Chase" his mother wept happily.

They escorted him outside to find a dark blue Sedan. 'Ok not the best car' Chase thought, 'but an amazing first car'.

He thanked his parents over and over again. Afterwards he told them about college.

Chase's mother hugged him in a suffocating long embrace. His father clapped Chase on the back and shook his hand.

After spending an hour or two with his parents, Chase lugged his stuff into the car and drove towards his new top floor apartment. He smiled to himself; he couldn't believe he actually owned a top floor apartment.

But when he reached the apartment building, Evelyn's car wasn't in sight.

'Maybe it's in the garage' his mind reasoned.

Chase just managed to haul all of his possessions to the top floor.

He took out his shiny, new key card, punched in the code and opened the door to an empty apartment.

"Eve?!" he called as he shoved everything to the side of the door.

"Eve?!"

Chase spotted a folded piece of paper on the dark, polished wooden table, to the far side of the living room.

Chase shut the door and jogged over to the table. He picked up the paper and unfolded it. He read the black, neatly inked words.

'Chase I'm sorry things must be this way. But I don't love you in the way that you thought. Last night was wonderful but it was all casual. I never felt anything about it. I've been there and done that all before. I only told you I loved you to make you feel better about yourself. Anyway, the apartment has been payed for so you needn't worry. Like I said, I'm sorry it has to be this way. But...I'm gone and I won't be coming back. Happy fucking birthday.

Evelyn Redfern'

Nothing really registered in Chase's head for a while. One idea floated around in his empty skull.

"Evelyn's gone?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 1K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them
292K 17.8K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
5.1M 45.1K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...