Death Is My BFFLAD (Book Two...

By katrocks247

(Bfflad- Best friends for life and death) Dear Reader, Let's start at the beginning shall we? I died. Oh no... More

All Rights Reserved
Death Is My BFFLAD (Part II)
Chapter 1: Too False to Teddy-Bear
Chapter 2: Death By Therapist
Chapter 3: Off The Hook
Chapter 4: Sugar-Low
Chapter 5: Protector
Chapter 6: Humorless
Chapter 7: Gotcha
Chapter 8: Chicken Feet
Chapter 9: My Bad
Chapter 10: Gabriel
Chapter 11: Scratch That
Chapter 12: Sweet Dreams
Chapter 13: Death by Nightmare
Chapter 14: Mercy
Chapter 15: Misread Exteriors
Chapter 16: Reality At Its Best
Chapter 18: Nothing to Rescue
Chapter 19: Clowning Around
Chapter 20: Death by Post-It
Chapter 21: Straying Away
Chapter 22: The Point of No Return

Chapter 17: Death By Dramatic Irony

275K 11.9K 20.2K
By katrocks247

HEY YOU. VOTE!!!!!! 0:D You guys will DEFINITELY enjoy this chapter! I didn't get a whole lot of votes for the last one, so hopefully this one get's more because it's MUCH better!! Please tell me if you see any mistakes within different scenes, I tried to post as quickly as I could and might have missed a few transitions. Also listen to the epic music to go along with the chapter. It's called Lux Aeterna aka "Requiem For A Dream" and is a beautiful piece of music!!

Hold on to your seats. ;)

****************************************************************************************************************

"Why are you making me doing this?"

"You're procrastinating. You just have to get it over with."

"Oh my gosh! You're totally smiling! It's going to be spicy! My tongue is going to fall off or something!"

Leo slide the mysterious bright orange sauce across the dark red table. "Do it."

I pushed it back. "You do it!"

"You lost the bet, you get the sauce."

I pouted. Leo had been walking me to a taxi in the pouring rain, when he had suddenly grabbed my upper arm, spun me around and struck a bet with me, eyes flirtatious. He said if I could name four types of taco's he would let me go, but if I didn't, I'd have to go eat with him at a Mexican grill and ingest the spiciest plate of nachos they had, along with some other things on the menu he liked.

In my defense, I thought a fajita was a taco...

"Do it," Leo demanded, a grin lining his lips as he held a nacho up in front of my face, waving it under my noise.

I cringed. I could literally smell the spiciness of the chip. With a roll of my eyes, I snapped my teeth at the chip he was holding, getting a nice slice of jalapeño in my mouth, seeds and all.

Leo wasn't pleased. "You got to eat four or it doesn't count."

"Four nachos?"

"No, four jalepeno's."

I frowned up at him from where I was slouched across the table, arms crossed over my chest. "I hate you."

"Eat the chip," he sang teasingly.

"Ok, ok!" I laughed. With a large intake of air, I grabbed another nacho and stuffed it whole into my mouth, then another. With a twist of mouth, I slowly dropped my gaze down to the large plate of cheesy jalapeño nachos before me and thought for a moment they were on fire my eyes were watering so much. It was then I hit with a wave of heat on my tongue, and I immediately went to grab for my drink.

It wasn't there.

Panicking, and practically choking on the spiciness, I looked up at Leo to see he was holding my diet coke, shaking it in front of me teasingly and smiling at me like a little boy from across the table. With a yelp, I reached across the booth for it.

He simply pulled his hand back.

This was war.

I scooted over in the booth. I had to practically sit on Leo to get to the drink, which he was holding up in his right hand like a torch. My tongue was stinging so much, I didn't even care if I would be embarrassed. I sat on Leo to get that damn drink. I drank the entire contents and reached for Leo's cup, drinking it all, and then sighing happily.

Remember when I said I was practically sitting on Leo? Well, I was literally sitting on Leo. "Maybe I should tell you that sauce that's on the nachos is habanera sauce. An extremely spicy pepper," Leo told me in a quiet tone by my ear. "However, this restaurant's secret ingredient gives it a few after kicks..." He then gripped my legs with his hands, holding me against him like a prisoner. I instantly got warm all over and giggled nervously. I fell over on the booth, him on top of me, and both of us laughing hysterically. Leo hoisted me up in his arms with a chuckle. "You're very light."

"Let go of me!" I smacked his arm playfully.

Leo looked around before reaching over the table and grabbing another chip. "Someone wants a chip," he said in a baby voice.

My tongue lit on fire again before I could react. Giving Leo a long, mean look, I wriggled out of his arms, with a quick, "I'll be right back, jerk," and a smile. I turned, and padded the tiled floor as quickly and discretely as I could, until I spotted a glass container of water in the hands of waiter.

"Jalapeño's!" I shouted at them, waving my hands towards the container to give it to me. The guy looked up with a startled look.

Jose, read his nametag.

He said something in Spanish to me. I shook my head, not knowing what to say. He handed me a plate of nacho's he had on his serving tray and set the jug of water down.

My eyes went wide. I shook my head. He persisted to hand me the nacho's. "Si, si, muy bueno! Estan muy caliente senorita!"

Caliente? That sounds pretty good... I shook my head. He was smiling just like Leo. Clearly they were trying to feed me something spicy!

"I don't want Jalapeño's," I said slowly, as if he would understand me easier.

He held up the plate.

How do I say no in Spanish?? I started to act out in charades, putting an invisible glass to my lips. I began to jump up and down and point to my tongue, not caring who was watching. The waiter continued to stand between me and the container of water.

"Please!" I shouted, jumping up and down and pointing to the water. The waiter of course didn't move and just stared up at me.

I reached behind him for the water. His hands were on the jug within five seconds. We looked at each other before we started to pull at the water like a tug-o-war. And let me tell you, that little Spanish man could really get some pull on the water!

"No! No, Senorita!" The waiter screamed at me.

No? He speaks English?

I turned around to see that Leo wasn't there.

"No nachos please! My tongue is on fire!" I replied back, happy that I had finally said something in Spanish. "No Jalapeño!" I cried, attempting to just hug the water and bring my mouth to the rim of the container. Finally, I guess he decided to let go of the water, and you guessed it, the dish water came toppling onto my t-shirt, completely drenching my upper body and makeup with freezing cold water. My eyes were filled with soap and my vision became anything but clear.

The room burst into laughter.

I turned around in a complete circle, only able to see blurs of people walking about, eating, and staring at me all at once. Unable to see clear, I wobbled, and fell onto someone's table, knocking down a plate of fajitas and then what seemed to sound like a domino effect of forks and knives.

A rusty voice of a man responded to the clattering of food. "God damnit! Watch where you're going, you little slut!"

Slut? I glared down the converser, taking in his wide, blurry looking body seated at the table and frowned. "Excuse me?" I asked, suddenly feeling like my entire body was covered in habanera sauce.

The man stood up from his table, beer belly barely constrained from his pants. "I said, watch it, slut."

My hands clenched at my sides. Something clicked inside me, something that was only capable of being in motion unless someone else willed it to move, not myself. I had been like a beginning of a thunderstorm, calm, at peace, silent, and then I felt a dark force push against that peace, releasing a part of me I had never met, a part of me that I thought didn't exist.

The force held itself, completing the change.

And there was a second of thought within that break of my mind's barrier, a second that I actually looked around the room. It wasn't a normal sweep of the faces, I actually looked. I looked at the people around me with a new set of eyes, ones that didn't possess the false, clouded haze over each lenses, that lead me to believe everyone was innocent, decent people. My gaze landed on the obese man in front of me. I wasn't shocked to see he was different, odd looking to put it simple. His shoulders were squared and his nostrils were flared at me, and his eyes were completely filled with an inky pupil.

Demon.

I know what you are.

The man straightened. I blinked at the small gesture and suddenly he was blending in with the others around him. The man then tilted his head a little, and stared me down as if to say, "Who are you?"

Leave me alone, please, just leave me alone, I replied in my mind, thinking I wasn't actually communicating and only imagining yet another aspect of life. A hallucination, yeah, that was it. I wasn't capable of communicating to an actual person. A Demon, even.

I will not ask you again. Tell me who you are, human, or I will hunt you down and eat you alive, the voice of the obese man floated into mind.

I have to go. I'm sorry, I don't know who you are. I don't want any trouble. I rubbed at my eyes, beginning to walk away. I was utterly glued to my spot as I gazed around at the people around me. They were all....frozen. They were frozen in their place. Even a little kid, who's juice box was at the edge of his finger tips, ready to be thrown at a bystander ordering food to go.

"What...the..."

"You know what I am. You broke my image," the man spoke from behind me out loud. "What surprises me is that you obviously have no idea what I am capable of. " Since I wasn't making any motion of turning around, he stepped in front of me, dark, menacing eyes at my level. "I suggest speaking your name, and what exactly you are, girl. I will rip your heart out and feed it to my hell hounds if you decide to do otherwise."

"J-jessica Simpson," I thought up quickly, my limbs starting to shake at realization that I was actually talking to a Demon. I real live Demon! And I thought I had seen it all. "I'm Jessica Simpson," I repeated with a more solid backbone to my voice.

"Jessica Simpson," it said slowly. The Demon didn't look pleased with my response and all--it was almost undeniable how much it's eyes had shown it. All at once, it's skin began to pale, and it's eyes seemed to grow larger, terrifyingly larger, as well as it's body. It's hair turned a bleached white, and it's body thinned into a lean, young man. Let's just say the person that was standing in front of me wasn't exactly a fat, ugly, probably-a-raging-pedophile-anymore, but just an odd, awkward looking teenager. I found myself looking up at the Man--Demon, even though he had only grown a few inches taller than me.

"You are scared, yet you stand your ground." His eyes stopped blinking and he was utterly staring at me, staring through me, even. The man and I had shared something between us. Something dangerous, because he began to smile. "And you are very smart not to give me your name," he said, and with one fluid motion, crossed the space between us and grabbed onto my wrist. "But lucky you, I am very good at finding out names," he added, and smiled.

I almost lost the contents of my stumach. Held between the Demon's two perfect lips were slimy, black fangs, dripping with a dark liquid. He leaned forward, the skin around the outside of his face becoming grayed, and almost wrinkly as I stared with wide eyes.

"Nothing is as it seems," he said intently staring into my eyes, then, "Faith....Williams, nineteen years old, your residence..."

I screamed and went to knee him where it counted, when he suddenly picked me up and slammed me onto the table, bending my arm behind me, his thumb painfully pressing against the inside of it my wrist. "Move and I will slit your throat with your own nails," he growled in my ear.

I grit my teeth, still straining against their weight and began to cry out silently for help, my vocal cords muted, as Death had done before. Tears were rapidly running down my cheeks, blending in with sweat, and whatever soap had been thrown about my face. All I could feel was the eye-blinding pain that exceeded from my wrist, all the way up to my shoulders, and then my chest, suffocating me.

This is how you die. This is how you die.

There was a moment of painful silence as the Demon continued to rub his thumb against my wrist, laughing to himself. I continued to be stunned against the table, unmoving. I shut my eyes, the nerves and blood vessels behind them throbbing and swelling with what seemed to feel like an electric current. My back resumed its tense state, although my eye-lids began to droop, and my breathing slowed as I took in the frozen people around me, unable to speak, unable to see me.

Leo was gone.

I was going to die alone.

I'm here, a deep voice wondered into my mind like a fading whisper.

Jesus?

No. Listen to me, Faith. I can feel you pulling away from me. I know we had our differences, and I know I hurt you, but don't let whoever is hurting you win. I will be there within twenty seconds. Use your head.

Use my head...

"You are bonded to an Angel," the Demon concluded in a hush by my ear. "How fascinating it shall be to find out to whom, and then kill them."

I fought against his hold, heart pounding, and with an angry grunt, kicked him straight in the knee, untangling myself from his grasp. I jumped off the table and slid, eyes still heavily clouded from the soap and whatever chemicals were in the bucket and sprinted in any direction.

My eyes opened again, stinging. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't feel it. Was I alone? Apparently not.

"You...you should be dead," the Demon hissed out in a raging stutter, his voice rising into hysterics. "I'm breaking your bondage! Y-y-you, and your Goddamn Guardian should be dead!"

You will not die. You will not die...you are not human...

Use my head?

Use my head.

I lifted my head, eyes to the ceiling as if to tell God to assist me in what I would do next. I slammed my head down, landing it hard against the Demon's hand resting on the table in front of me.

"FUCK!"

My eyes shot open in almost an excitement at his scream. My heart became irregular, battering around in my chest like a butterflies wings. I rolled over on the table with warriors scream and kicked out with whatever energy I had left, nailing the Demon straight in the face and knocking his head a decent amount to the side. My hand reached out automatically, grabbing a nearby knife.

The Demon quickly recovered from the hit, his nose bloody and fangs bared. I was on my feet, knife out in front of me. The Demon eyed the knife with cold black eyes, then me, then the knife again, before grinning, and standing up straight.

He disappeared in front of my eyes. I panicked, spinning in a complete circle with the knife, seeing only the stilled expressions of the people standing like mannequins around the restaurant, wondering if they would start to slaughter one of them along with me.

I felt hands, like claws around my waist. Before I could protest, I was thrown like a small baseball across a field.

I felt weightless for all of five seconds. With the amount of momentum I had, I was undoubtedly going to crack my head open, had a pair of hands not grabbed me and set me up straight. Their face was of course blurry. I turned, and saw another face, thinner, this time instinctually slamming my fist straight into that Demon's cocky expression, that would have ended up nailing him between the eyes, had a large hand not grabbed my fist from behind, and secured it to my side. Like clicking on a slow motion button, I watched as my captives blurred palm lifted out to the Demon and they moved it slightly forward, as if to push an object.

I gasped, mouth open as I wiped continuously at my eyes. The water was a bit slimy and smelled strongly of what I now knew was chemicals, not soap. There was another scent that happened to drift by my noise at that very moment. A scent that I toughly wished I hadn't even smelled, so I could have just walked away and returned to the bathroom without meeting it's starting point.

It was a men's cologne...a very faint men's cologne.

I know that smell...

The Demon was thrown by a powerful force, hitting the nearest table with a crash and then ending his fall on the hard tile, all without hitting a single person frozen in their motion. I squinted down at the Demon, confused as to why the color of shirt the person was wearing had changed, from when I had slammed into their chest moments before, when abruptly, the Demon on the floor stood up, staring at his new competitor with an hazy expression that I deemed meant he was completely and utterly in shock.

He disappeared.

God, I couldn't see clearly because of that damned soap, but I knew I was the last thing the Demon glared at, I just knew, and I could only pair those eyes with fangs bared like a hissing cat.

My shirt was suddenly pulled backwards. I was secured behind a tall man, blurry, yet becoming clear enough that I could at least recognize his hair.

"Stay behind me encase he re-appears."

I eyes flew wide open at David's voice, allowing a river of suds to get into my eyes, burning them to the core. I clutched them right when I heard the sound of dozens of people around us, people continuing their conversations, children throwing their juice boxes.

Everything was normal again.

David's warm, callused hand gripped my chin, and I could see the outline of his face zooming on on me. He forced my eyes open, observing them keenly. "What's wrong with your eyes?"

"I c-can't," I shook my head, panic seizing my throat as I continued to look around, unable to see," I can't right now. I can't s-s-see." I swallowed and my tongue was dry and warn out from all of the jalapenos I had eaten.

I felt a familiar pair of lips at my ear, invasively close to me as usual. " I'll get you some water. Just stay close and don't make a sound."

I was relieved that finally someone understood that I was just in the need of some water, yet unable to express any sort of emotion. I felt David let go of me with his hands for only a moment before pulling me close, his arm tightly wrapped around me more like a rope, then anything romantic.

“Disculpe, ¿tiene agua? Ella tiene mucha sed. Lo siento mucho por el lío, ella es muy bonita pero no tan inteligente, me temo,” David said in flawless Spanish. “Por favor busque una toalla humeda para sus ojos y tres tacos de carne para llevar.”

Escuse me, do you have water? She's very thirsty. I'm very sorry for the mess, she's very beautiful, but not so smart, I'm afraid. Please get a damp towel for her eyes and three beef tacos for me to go.

Jose made a noise and looked like he was in a hurry by the scattering of plates. “Sí, sí, de inmediato. Yo solo estaba tratando de servir a mis clients y luego tirar el agua sucia, y esta loca trató de atacarme. ¿Tiene problemas mentales?
Yes, yes, immediately. I was just trying to serve my customers and then dump out this dirty water, and this crazy women tried to attack me! Is she mentally unstable?"

David laughed. “Oh sí, ella esta bien loca. Ella sufre de una enfermedad muy rara y seria que la hace tener unos ataques terribles. Yo buscaría esa toalla antes de que se ponga loca otra vez.”

Oh yes, she's very crazy. She has a rare and serious disease that makes her have these terrifying outbursts. I would get that towel before she goes all wacko again.

"What's going on? Where's Leo?" I asked more frantically, feeling like a whiney teenager

"Shh. Nothing, relax," David said, and I could picture him looking down at me and giving me a strange look as I blew out a breath of frustration. I knew he said something bad about me.

I frowned. "Don't you tell me to relax! What if that thing returns!"

Jose fumbled with his plates as if he was suddenly in a rush. “Oh Dios mío, ella da miedo!"

Oh my God! She is scary!

"Pretend as if nothing happened, you are making people suspicious, which leads to questions, which lead to chaos," David said quietly into my ear, his voice empty of any nervousness.

I side eyed the women standing next to us. She was staring at me, frowning slightly. I came to the painful realization that only David had saw the Demon. Only David was my liable proof that I wasn't crazy. I looked away quickly from her, my eyes tearing, washing away some of the soap along the way.

I was going to break down at any moment.

I wanted someone to hold me.

"David, I--"

The way he dug his fingers into my back made me completely become silent. He said something else to the man, and started to lead me past a hoard of people, all seeming to have a conversation about me and my wet shirt. I heard a few wolf whistle and felt my face become completely re.

David grabbed onto my forearm and pushed open a swinging door, which I could vaguely see through my stinging eyes. He continued to lead me through people waiting in line at the front of the restaurant. I started to wish the restaurant wasn't so big.

I forced us to a halt and I yanked out of his grasp in the middle of the restaurant. "Let go of me!" My voice cracked with emotion.

A blur of David's brown hair leaned down to me, and he whispered, "I'm only trying to pull you through the tables without you spilling something else!"

On cue, I whipped around and with a smack of my hand, knocked down an entire tray of food from a waiters tray.

"Oh my God! I-I'm so s-sorry!" I stuttered covering my mouth. I bent down to pick up whatever I could but before I could even pick up a crumb, David had me back on my feet.

"Let's go."

We continued to walk. I became in a daze, my eyes blurry, my heart pounding, my cheeks flaming. The laughter in the restaurant was becoming over bearing.

I wanted Leo. I wanted Leo to be pulling me away. I suddenly wondered to myself where Leo was, not knowing I was talking out loud, and David was intently listening to everything going on in that restaurant.

"Leo's off duty."

Off duty?

He started to pull me in another direction, faster."Hey--hey!"

"You'll thank me later," he threw over his shoulder.

"I don't like being pulled around like your little wagon!" I told David in a huff, once I felt like we were in a separate room, with dimmer lights.

"We will talk about...that guy when we aren't in a public area, alright?" David gave me a small nudge forward before he removed his hand from my back and the other from my arm. "The bathroom is in front of you," David said dryly, avoiding what I had said.

I opened my eyes to try and see the doors and just saw a blur of black. "I can't see the door, David."

"It's right there."

"Where?"

"Right. There. Reach out and grab the handle. Stay in there until I knock." His tone implied he was anything but happy to be standing behind me.

I grit my teeth. "Gee, thanks. It's right there, said the person who isn't blinded by soap. You should really narrate a Where's Waldo? book," I sneered with thick sarcasm. "Never mind, you probably wouldn't bother to find Waldo and leave him with a raging Demon that, with my clouded eyes, looked like walking, fanged blob."

"Did you want me to hold your hand and give you a lollypop when you reach the handle?

I crossed my arms over my chest, facing David with a serious expression. "You're not...you're not getting away--" Why couldn't I form a sentence? Why was David moving side to side so quickly? I shook my head out. "If I...go in that bathroom, you're...going in with me."

"Get in the bathroom because I need to talk to you. Now, or so help me God, I will throw you over my shoulder kicking and screaming," David said, clearly becoming embarrassed of my loud, angry voice.

"No."

"Then I'm throwing you over my shoulder." He bent his back down a little in a determined position.

"David, I won't talk to you about anything if you embarrass me and throw me over your shoulder," I told him, grabbing a fist-full of his hair and lifting his head up so that his eyes were level with mine.

"You're just afraid to do anything out of the norm."

"I'm not afraid of anything." The lame, and untrue response sounded good enough to me. "Especially you."

"This is not a contest to find out who has the largest amount of self confidence. Open the door, step in, and close the door behind you."

I stared up at him. "I can't see anything, I need someone to help me wash my eyes out. I can barely see your perfect hair."

David clenched his jaw, leaning forward until our noses practically touched, and reached out to throw the door to the women's facility. "Just. Get. In. The. Bathroom."

I did.

I turned to slam it closed.

He threw his arm out at the last second, pushed it easily against my weight, and let it close with a thump, locking it. The mirror wasn't over the sink like I wished it was. I had to drag my aching feet to the corner of the room, over what would have been a neat display of paper towels and a vanilla candle. My reflection made me cover my face from the mirror, from David. I was pale from shock, my makeup was everywhere, and my hair was damp with sweat.

I instantly threw myself at the sink, drowning my eyes in water and scrubbing what was left of my makeup off. I backed up automatically until I hit the tiled wall from behind, my eyes down at the floor in a daze as tears flooded my vision.

"Is the Demon gone?" I asked no-one in particular. I had no idea if David was still in the room with me it was so dead silent.

After a few passing seconds I looked over my shoulder. In the dimmed light of the bathroom over where a man dressed in a suit sat, casually sitting on the counter with the candle and the towels, across from the toilet. He had his head against the wall, making his Adam's apple more noticeable as he stared up at the ceiling. David's features were even more disgustingly handsome in the dimmed lighting. He felt my stare spotted me and adjusted his head to me, his brown hair disheveled from what I assumed was him nervously adjusting his hair.

"He's gone," David croaked out, and cleared his throat. "You're safe."

Am I?

I returned my eyes to the sink. My voice was barely audible. "You know, my Mom use to take me to the bathroom when I was young, and had a fit in a public area. She would literally have me stand in the bathroom until I stopped crying about what flavor of ice-cream I really wanted, or how I wanted more money for the gum ball machine. After I stopped crying she would pick me up and hug me." I rolled my eyes. Next I would be showing David my fifth grade talent show dance. "I don't know why I just said that."

"Because you're upset and you feel like crying," David concluded, voice low. I could feel his eyes on the back of my head. "Except I'm not your Mother and you're not a little girl anymore. And what you just saw wasn't meant for a human's eyes. Just because you hate me doesn't mean you don't have the right to cry in front of me."

"You're the last person I want to cry in front of. All you do is hurt me. How ironic it is that you just...saved me," I blurted out, shaking my head slightly. I knew I was going to cry at any moment, as usual.

My right hand, which I felt was numb, began to tingle. And when I looked down, I gasped at the burn that coated the inside of my wrist, and the scratch all the way up my arm that seemed to become more visible the more I stared at it.

I heard David jump off the counter. His quiet footsteps walk towards me from behind. I felt his fingertips touch my arm, and twitched a little. He pulled back his hand, but not the closeness of his body. "Come here."

He reached out. I pulled away again.

"Please, just let me see," his deep whispered at my ear like a caress.

I turned away from the burn, my head against his chest and my eyes shut closed. He secured my left arm against my side and held me against his front, his hand extending my right arm out. I threw my head back against his chest, trying to fight him. His fingers brushed up the side of the scratch.

"Jesus Christ, you have got to be kidding me."

"What--"

"Don't talk." David turned me around and gripped my chin with his large hand, turning my face side to side, his eyes intently on my face.

My stomach twisted inside my body like a hurricane. My head went forward at the sudden pain and hit David's chest. He gripped my waist. "Deep breaths. You're going to be ok."

"I...don't... feel so good." I shut my eyes and leaned further against his chest, starting to scream out in pain. The burn on my wrist felt like it had caught on fire. I gripped it, and felt a warm liquid running over it and through my fingers.

Blood.

I stared at my hand. The blood was as black as the Demon's fangs.

"Faith. Look at me. Look at me."

I stopped screaming. My lungs felt like they shrunk fifty times smaller. I dropped to the floor, gasping for breath. He picked me back up. "Faith! Look at me, Goddamnit! You're dying!"

"I..can't...breath..." I picked my head up, tasting blood because I was biting my lip from the pain in my abdominal. My vision was blackening out, panic struck me like lightening, worsening my necessity to breath.

"You need to focus on me, Faith!" He gripped my face again between his hands and held me up with his hips against the wall. He lifted me up to his level. I was forced to look into his eyes.

I froze. David's pupils were a mere four inches away, rapidly dilating, unblinking, and holding my attention like a bug staring into a bug zapper. His breath was warm against my lips, and his hard plained chest was slowly, and methodically moving up and down. Hypnotically putting me into a relaxed state.

"Mea....est ventum," he whispered to me. Chills traveled across my skin as David brushed his knuckles against my cheek. He continued to hold my gaze, his breaths slow, and calm. "Mea...est ventum."

My breath, is your breath.

His pupils grew wider, and as if peering inside my eyes, he leaned in closer, hand still on my cheek. It would only be moments until I could see, I could unexpectedly understand the man behind all of the arrogant, distasteful, and mysterious acts, and words that had flooded out of David Star as a tsunami floods land, drowning it carelessly. It was as if a curtain was pulled away from David's eyes and a new part of him was revealed. A part that could have been involuntarily discovered, had I the determination.

A flicker of green shown beneath the coffee brown of David Star's eyes, capturing the light, absorbing it, and thoroughly becoming bright like an unnatural emerald. His eyes were nonsensically readable, they became filled with utter misery, lament, and a spark of pure abhorrence. Those ancient, wise eyes, that had absorbed years of memories and faces, events, battles, birth and death, had released their shield gracefully to me; unveiled their frequent mask.

He leaned further then, his jaw clenching, solid, and laid a soft kiss on my lips. Heat leaped throughout my body from his warm, soft lips and ended at my toes. The feeling in my stomach ceased it's existence, the burn in my arm and wrist melted away.

However my strength remained weak and my heart still managed to ache.

David pulled back, and with that left me feeling empty, alone. He licked his lips, little by little beginning to lower me.

I protested.

"Stop it. Do you want me to continue?" His voice was bottomless, scratchy, as if he was thirsty. The question was rhetorical. Those two beginning words felt emotionless. I realized I had been clinging to his arm, to his body as if he was my lifeline.

He was.

A muscle over his eye twitched, and just like that, the tattoo lining half the side of David's face seemed to move, wriggle along his skin and stretch, then slowly, carefully slithered across his nose, past his lips, around his eyebrows, and swirl into designs that I had never seen once in my entire life, designs that I was incapable of describing they were so complex, so beautiful.

All at once his features stopped morphing, it was still David, the transformation wasn't complete.

I tried to reach up to reach his skin. But his face broke into a pained expression and he pinned me to the wall even harder, his nose in the process touching mine. "You don't get to do that anymore, so keep your hands to yourself," he started, voice growing deeper, smoother even-- unrecognizable, "Cupcake," David finished, with an sinful smirk.

He then stepped back a little, looking down at me from under his lashes. I watched with droopy lids as that coffee layer of color returned to his eyes, his tattoo retreated back to the one side of his face, and his pupils shrunk back to their normal size. The mask he was so fond of replaced reality once again.

My body abruptly fell limp in his strong arms. My eyes rolled back.

My memory that day--up to a certain point, was wiped entirely clean.

**

CAN'T GET ENOUGH DEATH?

Join the facebook group and experience first hand what's in my mind twenty-for-seven & possibly some hints on where this story is heading, along with banners, music, and more!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/308207282529485/411081638908715/?notif_t=group_activity#!/groups/308207282529485/

P.S- Check out the new cast to the right! I should have some sort of slideshow set up on the next chapter. :))))

P.P.S- Dedicated this chapter to borikua93 for helping me with the Spanish translations!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 459 68
"You were worried about me, Specs?" He smirked. "No, Tyler. I hoped that someone cut up your corpse and fed it to paranas. Obviously I was, you idiot...
4.1K 474 34
[COMPLETED : 5|09|2016 and slowly editing ] He snapped his fingers and a red flame flourished into existence. "How did you-" "I'm a professional." He...
1.6M 52.5K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
187K 10K 58
{{Watty Award winner-"The Breakthroughs"- 2017!}} "Theo and I have been together for one hundred and fifteen years. You and your best friend have mat...