The Princess and The Servant

By Airtempleavatar

Asami is a princess. Not an average princess. She is the princess of Encanta, a magical realm. She has everyt... More

A/N
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
AN
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
A/N

Chapter 36

5.2K 164 82
By Airtempleavatar

I hope you guys like this chapter because I don't think it makes sense. Enjoy it anyway :)

Korra had half a mind to throw Varrick off a cliff. The man was downright rude.

He was basically like every other master or mistress Korra had except he didn't hit her at all. He only yelled and ordered her around. Korra had noticed right away once she got there was the fact that she was the only slave in his gigantic mansion. It was ridiculous.

She did all the work by herself. She was worked to the bone everyday, cleaning and washing clothes and fixing up the bed and serving food and such. Korra had fallen into a routine fairly quickly. The food wasn't that bad either. Just like the other masters, he fed her once a day at dinner. Some days her dinner consisted of oatmeal, steak, masked potatoes and fruits. Korra had to admit it was quite a different kind of food she wasn't used to eating as a slave. Some days it'd be cold mush but Korra was used to being fed garbage prison food and gulped it down till nothing was left.

Varrick had given her a cot and a pillow to sleep on. Korra's tiny room was empty and was more of a closet than a bedroom but Korra was okay with it.

In her opinion, the only one meaner than Varrick was the man he put in charge of Korra. His name was Tamako. He had no soul and treated Korra like every slave master she'd ever had in the past.

He yelled at her and pushed her past her limits and physically pushed her around and talked down on her, making that she knew how worthless and stupid she was.
He reminded her how illiterate she was and how that made her useless in society and that deserved every bad thing she got.

Korra continued to put on a brave face and just kept doing her job. She was used to it all. She never gave up hope and continued to be kind and held her tongue with him and everyone around her. It was easier to do so as she got older.

She got used to the lifestyle. She was pretty sure she'd never get out of that hell so she made the best of it.

She made friends.

Varrick's personal chef, Iako, and Varrick's personal assistant, Zhu Li, who Korra was sure had a crush on the moron who obviously had a crush on her back, took a liking to Korra. The two were so awkward when near each other. Zhu Li always tried to make the man see she liked him but Varrick was painfully oblivious.

Every so often, when no one was looking Zhu Li would help her out with a chore or get something she couldn't get in her own. The older woman was extremely nice to her.

Korra was grateful for them both. It helped to know there were still good people out there.

But through it all, even as months turned into years, she never gave up hope. Korra still dreamed of the day her and Asami would be together again.

Korra was currently sweeping the halls. It had taken an hour and a half just to get this one hallway done.

Korra stopped to rest her tired arms. She exhaled and leaned her head on the room. She was exhausted already from all the work she'd done.

"A little more help would be great", she mumbled to herself.

"Get back to work, slave", she heard a voice bark.

Korra raised her head. Tamako stood there, arms crossed, a scowl on his face.

"Sorry, sir", she said, immediately getting back to brooming.

"And when you're done with that", Tamako added, "you have to go do the laundry and then Varrick wants to speak with you".

Speak with her?? Why?? Korra didn't voice her questions and nodded.

"Yes, sir".

Korra picked up the pace. She swept and swept, her overseer's eyes on her at all times. It made her slightly jumpy and nervous. If she slipped up in front of him, she'd be beaten right then and there. The bruises from her last beating two days ago were still prominent on her ribs and arms.

'If Asami was here, she wouldn't have let him hurt me the first time I came here'

It was hopeless to still think of the woman who, for all Korra knew, married someone else by then. It had been three years since they last saw eachother so Korra wouldn't be shocked if Asami had forgotten about her and married a prince or princess instead. The thought hurt Korra but it was very possible.

The raven haired princess was always on Korra's mind, along with her friends and parents.

Korra sighed as she stopped. She was finally done. She'd no idea how much time had passed but she was glad it was done.

"Finished??".

Korra looked at Tamako.

"Yes, sir", she said with a nod.

The man walked around, looking at the floor, inspecting her work. Korra watched him.

After a few moments he turned to Korra.

"Good enough", he said. "Now scrub the floor".

Korra frowned deeply.

"But don't I have to go to Master Varrick??".

Tamako raised an eyebrow. Korra knew she messed up.

Tamako slowly approached the servant woman. Korra knew what was coming.

"Did you just question me??", Tamako asked.

Korra knew she was in trouble.

"No, sir", she replied quickly, shaking her head. "I-I'm sorry. I won't talk back again".

Tamako walked up to her and grabbed her left wrist. He gripped it tightly in his hand. The man pulled her close.

"No you won't", he growled. "And I'll be sure to teach you another lesson, stupid bitch".

Korra was suddenly tossed onto the floor, making her let go of the broom. Korra fell into the floor, falling on her knees. She looked up at the older man. Korra cowered in fear.

"I'm sorry. I'll never talk back again, I promise", she pleaded.

Tamako gave a swift kick to her stomach. Korra hissed in pain. Then another kick and another. Then a fist came down and connected with her face. Korra shielded herself as best she could. The man went full force on her.

The poor woman was thrown around, hitting walls, getting kicks and punched and slapped. The man was relentless as he beat her.

Finally he let up. He backed up, huffing and puffing. He looked down at Korra who was curled up in a ball on the floor.

"Get up, stupid", he ordered.

Korra slowly uncurled. She looked up and him, pushing herself up to a sitting. The new bruises were already forming, causing her to wince.

"Get. Up".

Tamako crossed his arms.

Korra nodded. "Yes, sir".

Korra switched so she was on her knees. The servant gripped the wall with her right hand. Korra slowly got to her feet. It hurt so badly. Korra held her left hand to her ribs. Pain was written across her face. Tamako had no remorse or guilt on his face.

"Now", he said. "You may go see what Varrick wants but when you get back, you will finish your chores. If you don't, you get another beating. Understand??".

Korra nodded. "I understand".

"Go", the man ordered, shoving Korra.

Korra caught herself. She walked down the hall, heading straight for Varrick's room. She walked down a few hallways. As she was passing by a door that led to balcony, something caught her eye. The woman stopped in her tracks and turned to face the open double doors. She recognized Varrick standing out on the She quietly walked up to the door. She lightly rested her left hand, gently holding on to the door as she looked out.

Varrick was facing the view of the large mass of property he owned.

Korra decided to knock on the door. She raped her knuckles gently on the wood. The man spun around quickly, obviously startled.

He saw Korra standing there.

"Geez, woman", he said. "You nearly gave me a heart attack!".

"I'm sorry if I scared you, Master", Korra said, bowing. "I didn't mean to. I was told you wanted to talk to me right away and I found you here".

Varrick relaxed and grinned.

"Oh, right. C'mere".

Korra approached her master and stopped a good five feet away. The spring breeze washed over her exposed arms. She clasped her hands behind her back, waiting for him to say something.

"You know, slave", Varrick said, leaning on the stone banister of the rail. "These past three years have been interesting with you around".

His grin turned to a smile.

"I like you", he said. "You're a tough cookie to crack. There's something in you that doesn't seem able to break by anyone. I know you don't like me, correct??".

"No one cares if I do or not, Master", Korra replied. "You know that my opinion of you doesn't matter a bit".

"Well", Varrick continued, turning his back to Korra. "I know you don't and you'd rather strangle me to death at times".

Korra said nothing. He was right, though.

"I know you're miserable here. I just wanted to let you know that you're being sold off somewhere else".

Korra did not expect that. She was genuine taken off guard.

"Really??".

"Yup", Varrick replied. "You'll be leaving tomorrow. So I want this place spotless before then. New servants will be coming in today. One will be accompanying you to go where you go so you won't be lonely".

Korra was extremely confused.

"Forgive me if I'm being rude", she said. "But why do you care if I'm miserable??".

Varrick looked over her shoulder. He smirked.

"I just want you where you belong".

So he did have a heart. Hm. Shocking.

Where she belonged?? What was that suppose to mean??

"Go", he said. "Get this place as shiny as a new coin".

"Yes, Master", Korra said with a bow.

She turned around. She paused and looked over her shoulder.

"Zhu li likes you", she said before walking away.

Korra walked back inside. She turned left and walked down the hall, tying up her hair. She had a ton of work to be done and such little time.

Piece of cake.

Her mind was filled with questions. Where was she going?? What would her new master or mistress be like?? Why was Varrick so nice all of the sudden?? Did he really care about how she felt??

Korra had to wait to find out.

So comment what you think :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.1K 1.8K 22
Asami Sato- Smart, popular, gorgeous, and apperanatly, Korra's new target. Korra, known among her friends as "the avatar", was winning an on going be...
28.1K 809 37
This is a modern times au where Korra isn't famous but Asami is because she is still rich, and there is no bending. Korra is a traveller will little...
50.9K 1.9K 28
In an era of monsters and kingdoms, all Korra ever wanted was to be a respected knight. But there's only one problem- women aren't allowed to to be k...
37K 1.1K 26
TW: this story mentions the progression of a terminal illness that can be upsetting. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. Patient x Nurse AU [korrasami] ---- There...