Artemis : The Seventh Avenger...

By kenoli-

Few had known Natasha had a Sister. Just like her, she was an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Unfortunately, Camille R... More

P R O F I L E
01 [ 02 ]
01 [ 03 ]
01 [ 04 ]
01 [ 05 ]
01 [ 06 ]
01 [ 07 ]
01 [ 08 ]
01 [ 09 ]
01 [ 10 ]
01 [ 11 ]
01 [ 12 ]
01 [ 13 ]
01 [ 14 ]
01 [ 15 ]
01 [ 16 ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
02 [ 01 ]
02 [ 02 ]
02 [ 03 ]
02 [ 04 ]
02 [ 05 ]
02 [ 06 ]
02 [ 07 ]
02 [ 08 ]
02 [ 09 ]
02 [ 10 ]
02 [ 11 ]
02 [ 12 ]
02 [ 13 ]
02 [ 14 ]
02 [ 15 ]
02 [ 16 ]
02 [ Epilogue ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
03 [ Prologue ]
03 [ 01 ]
03 [ 02 ]
03 [ 03 ]
03 [ 04 ]
03 [ 05 ]
03 [ 06 ]
03 [ 07 ]
03 [ 08 ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
04 [ 01 ]
04 [ 02 ]
04 [ 03 ]
04 [ 04 ]
04 [ 05 ]
04 [ 06 ]
04 [ 07 ]
04 [ 08 ]
04 [ 09 ]
04 [ 10 ]
04 [ 11 ]
04 [ 12 ]
04 [ 13 ]
04 [ 14 ]
04 [ 15 ]
04 [ 16 ]
04 [ 17 ]
04 [ 18 ]
04 [ 19 ]
04 [ Epilogue ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
Alternate Ending [ 01 ]
Alternate Ending [ 02 ]
Alternate Ending [ 03 ]
Alternate Ending [ Epilogue ]
β˜† β˜† β˜†
A N N O U N C E M E N T
S E Q U E L

01 [ 01 ]

143K 3.5K 2.5K
By kenoli-

☆ ☆ ☆

I'm going to die.

The thought crosses my mind for the millionth time.

At this point, I would pick death in a heartbeat over staying like this.

I never knew what would come next. Some days, it was being pricked over and over by needles, other days were blood transfusions and various other tests.

The one thing I knew was, nothing ever good happens within these walls.

"Just let me go!" My screams echoed through the dark hallway.

I struggled against my confines, trying to break free from the cold leather straps that bound me to the wall.

The leather bit into my skin, making my wrists burn, which I ignore.

I knew it wouldn't work, but it was better than doing nothing.

"No." I shook my head, cowering back in fear as I saw a dark figure approach me.

"Get the hell away from me!" I thrashed my arms and legs around violently,

"No!" I managed to scream one last time before he plunges a large needle into the tender skin on the side of my neck, sending a sharp pain coursing through my neck.

***

I laid in my bed, drenched in cold sweat and breathing hard, instantly wide awake in a matter of seconds.

The sound of footsteps against the wooden floor has me instinctively inching my fingers until they came into contact with the cold metal butt of my gun that I had, tucked under my pillow.

I could hear the footsteps getting louder as the intruder continued to approach me and finally they stop at the edge of my bed.

I shot up in my bed immediately, pointing my gun at the intruder.

"One more move and I'll blow your head off," I warned.

The sight of the intruder has me shocked, but mostly worried about what kind of news follows. It was a face I haven't seen in years. One that I've never associated with any good news.

"What do you want, Fury?" I demanded.

"It's good to see you too, Artemis." He greets with a smile.

I couldn't help but scowl at the mention of that name, "Don't call me that."

"Fine. Agent Romanoff, I hope you know I wouldn't be here, risking your cover if it wasn't something important." He says, tucking his hands behind his back.

"How did you find me?" I question.

"It's not that hard as long as you pay attention. 'It's all about the details.' That's what you always say, isn't it?" Fury shrugs, "I know you better than you realise, Agent Romanoff."

"Whatever it is you're here for, I don't want to have anything to do with it." I say, "Now, leave."

"Agent Romanoff, please. The world is in danger."

Slowly, he places a file on the edge of my bed, flipping it open before he slides it over to me.

I lean forward to get a better look at the picture in the file of a glowing blue cube.

"The Tesseract," I mutter.

Fury raises a brow at me, "I see you've been doing some digging."

"Doesn't matter." I dismissed, wanting to get some more answers, "What does this cube have to do with me?"

"It's been taken by one, Loki Odinson." He explains, "And we need your help getting it back."

"Loki Odinson," I repeat to myself, trying to recall where I've heard that name.

"The God of Mischief. Thor's Brother?" I ask and Fury simply nods in reply.

My brows drew together unconsciously, "What's an Asgardian doing on Earth?"

"That's what we're planning to find out." Fury says, "And it'll take a hell lot less time if we had you on board. S.H.I.E.L.D needs you, Agent Romanoff."

I let out a scoff, "Haven't you already recruited for the Avengers Initiative? From the looks of it, you have more than enough help. Isn't that enough?"

"We don't have you." He replies, "I'll be a fool for leaving you out. Not having you on the team would be a great loss on our part."

"Right. Unfortunately for you, flattery doesn't work very well on me." I say, fighting the urge to roll my eyes.

Fury smiles, "I know. But it's worth a shot."

"Did everyone agree?" I ask, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Yes." He answers, "So did your sister, if that's what you're really asking."

I nodded slowly. I can't believe I'm actually considering this. I knew I shouldn't be.

"Before you turn me down again," Fury sighs, "There's something you should know."

He pauses, pressing his lips together. I could see the concern in his eyes, that made my heart drop.

"Well?" I prompted, growing impatient, "Spit it out."

"It's Clint." He says, "He's been compromised."

I jump out of bed immediately, throwing a jacket on over my sleepwear.

"You should've led with that," I grumbled as I rushed around my apartment to get ready.

"That was it? That was all I had to say?" Fury throws his hands in the air.

I ignore his comment, rolling my eyes. "How?"

"Loki has him under some sort of mind-control spell. Along with Erik Selvig." He explains.

Twisting to look at Fury, I ask, "Erik Selvig. He's an astrophysicist, right?"

"He is." Fury confirms.

I stuff the last of my belongings into a duffle bag, along with a couple of weapons before zipping it up. My mind racing, trying to process all the information that was just given to me.

"What would Loki need with an astrophysicist?"

Fury shrugs, "I guess we're going to find out."

"Alright, I'm ready." I state, throwing the bag over my shoulder and heading for the door.

"Agent Romanoff, wait." Fury calls out, but I don't stop.

"Camille!" He doesn't quite yell, but it was enough to make me stop in my tracks.

"If you do this, Natasha won't be happy." He says.

I let out an exaggerated sigh, "Are you trying to dissuade me? Do you want me on your team or not?"

"Of course I do." He says, "I just want to make sure there won't be any disagreements between my team members."

"You have nothing to worry about." I reassured, "I make my own decisions, not Nat, or anyone else for that matter."

"And you're sure you'll be okay?" He asks with genuine concern, "No more night terrors or flashbacks?"

"I have that under control." I lie, reaching for the door before Fury could ask any more questions, "Now, let's get going."

He eyes me sceptically, but nods, "It's good to have you back on the team, Agent Romanoff."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.4K 1.6K 60
β€’ CURRENTLY EDITING THIS STORY TO MAKE IT A BIT BETTER IG β€’ ~ Follow our favourite Russian spy's story on how she decided to make a huge decision tha...
38.2K 1.5K 25
❀︎✧Clintasha romance novel✧❀︎ Book 1 (Completed) Teenage years + Romanogers and Buckynat moments ( I'm just borrowing the characters from Marvel and...
48.1K 2K 52
This story was requested by @UrsulaSingh Y/N Romanoff is the biological little sister of Natasha Romanoff. When you were just two years old you and y...
859 62 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...