The Catalyst Oath ★ Catalyst...

By May_Flower123

In the far land of Asxairo, off the distant ruins of the Rovien Sea lives a damnation to the kingdoms. She is... More

➽The Catalyst Saga
➽Prologue
➽Chapter One
➽Chapter Two
➽Chapter Three
➽Chapter Four
➽Chapter Five
➽Chapter Six
➽Chapter Seven
➽Chapter Eight
➽Chapter Nine
➽Chapter Ten
➽Chapter Eleven
➽Chapter Twelve
➽Chapter Thirteen
➽Chapter Fourteen
➽Chapter Fifteen
➽Chapter Sixteen
➽Chapter Seventeen
➽Chapter Eighteen
➽Chapter Nineteen
➽Chapter Twenty
➽Chapter Twenty One
➽Chapter Twenty Two
➽Chapter Twenty Three
➽Chapter Twenty Four
➽Chapter Twenty Five
➽Chapter Twenty Six
➽Chapter Twenty Seven
➽Chapter Twenty Eight
➽Chapter Twenty Nine
➽Chapter Thirty
➽Chapter Thirty One
➽Chapter Thirty Two
➽Chapter Thirty Three
➽Chapter Thirty Five
➽Chapter Thirty Six
➽Chapter Thirty Seven
➽Chapter Thirty Eight
➽Chapter Thirty Nine
➽Chapter Forty
➽Chapter Forty One
➽Chapter Forty Two
➽Chapter Forty Three
➽Chapter Forty Four
➽Chapter Forty Five
➽Chapter Forty Six
➽Chapter Forty Seven
➽Chapter Forty Eight
➽Epilogue
➽The Septic Curse

➽Chapter Thirty Four

601 59 34
By May_Flower123

Her sanity was no longer with her.

It was long gone ever since she had run out of the damned training room and shut herself in the quiet seclusion of her little hut. Only then, did she allow herself to slide down the wall and draw her knees to her chest.

She hadn't cried in years, not since the loss of her parents and the disgusting torture she had been put through when she went to fight in the war. She never shed a tear for those who died around her, for those she killed herself.

Even when she lost a friend, it never wounded her. But with Lucien, only him did she feel the true pain of what it felt like to be hurting. He did something to her, something she couldn't quite explain but taste so clearly. He was invading her mind, his eyes like stars that followed her.

He knew how to wreck her, to break her with just a simple word. And now he was gone, leaving her alone to wallow in her stupidity and pain.

Distracting herself from the obvious sting in her chest, she pulled out the four books he had left in her possession and began flipping through them. The Aysein book, Rheynoak's book, the nameless forest green book and the Witch Clan book.

Flipping through the ancient pages was brain-numbing, the yellowing edges scraping against her fingers as she managed to sit herself down on the floor of her hut and read. The notes Lucien had stolen from the tribe leader were scattered mindlessly on the floor, no use to her.

They were mostly the numerous desert tribes contacting each other, taking notes in the messages and rumors they have heard from other kingdoms. Some were entertaining and somewhere downright mindless but either way, it wouldn't help her.

Running a tired hand through her hair, she traced a finger on the dark moon symbol in the witch book, her violet eyes skittering past the words underneath the symbol.

Invincibility and power. That's what the symbol stood for. That's all the witches have ever strived for hundreds of years. Knocking each other down, engaging in bloody wars, assassinating species of witches to extinction.

It was all for power and blood and invincibility. Something everyone wanted. Even the mortals.

Throwing the Witches Clan book to the floor since she knew she would scream in any minute, Venix settled for picking up Rheynoak's book, the black leather exterior of it rough against her calloused hand.

She opened the book quickly, being gentle with the pages as she glanced through them. For a selfish prick with no ounce of dignity, she had to admit, his handwriting was impeccably neat. He wrote his letters in swirls of grace, marking each other his sentences with a cross after every line.

Sometimes, he wrote in different languages and other times his words would mix with other Desert Tribe leaders but most of the time, it was mostly his remarks on the rumors and reports he has gathered. It was a quite impressive collection but a rather useful one.

Feeling the last bit of her patience teeter on the line, she flipped to the back of the book. On the last page written on thin paper was a secret note, one that was tucked in so deep into the book's spine, not even the other Desert Tribe leaders could have seen it.

The BloodBone reached for it, prying it out of its grip. She was surprised there wasn't any jolt of lightning or any bite from a defense spell he would have put on the book. Still, she didn't give the thought a time of day as she sat back in the mess of papers and unfolded the piece of paper in her hand, spreading and smoothing it out on her legs.

A name was written at the top. Alesandria Erovex.

Instantly, Venix could feel the blood in her body stop as she read on, her lips pulling into an expressionless frown the more she read on. There was nothing to be mad about, just notes and his plans on how to train her.

There should have been nothing to be mad about. It was just tribe leader nonsense. And she would have thrown the paper away if her ever so curious eyes didn't trail down to the paper and find one more name written at the left corner.

One name that shattered every single doubt in her mind.

Onyx Ashrevion.

The sight of her friend's name written on the paper had Venix do a double take, making sure that the ideas running through her head were right.

If he knew about this all along, if he knew about Alesandria before Lucien even told him and if he was planning on sending Onyx before Lucien even told him...

The BloodBone didn't give herself to think as she sprung to her feet, gathering all the books and papers in her hand and dropping them on her little bed. She allowed herself to crawl over to the corner where she kept her beige wool bag, the tough exterior expanding as she loaded the inside with her discoveries.

Maybe there were more discoveries she would find. More things that she had missed that she would later come to find. But she knew that she couldn't do it alone. She knew that she needed him despite the pain that radiated through her body every time she thought of him.

He was the only one who knew Rheynoak as well as she did, the only one that has been with her through this entire journey of chasing a mystery they have yet to solve.

So Venix grabbed the heavy bag and slung it over her shoulder before heading out of her hut and into the slightly cooler late noon, making her way over to Lucien's chambers.

The stairs curved towards the end and down the straight hallway as she hauled herself up the last few steps that awaited her.

She hadn't expected the rooms to be on the fourth floor but it was.

Breaking through the castle's magic barrier was enough and the spell she had to perform to even allow her a second of access had drained all her energy, leaving her a pale mess.

Grasping onto the railing, she pulled herself up the last step. The hallway was one, leading straight down before curving at the very last corner. She willed herself to walk down the carpeted hallways, the creme walls glistening with the sunlight that spilled through the windows.

Red curtains hung in front of the windows that were built in the hallways, glowing red as she passed by. There seemed to be no life breathing in the castle, only the sound of her ragged footsteps as she turned around a corner.

Statues and vases decorated the narrower hallway, quiet and poise as she willed herself to walk down the hall and towards the two doors that waited on either side at the end,

Lucien had never told her where his room was, always choosing to keep that subject to himself when he was around her. He never even took her hand and showed her a peak.

But she just knew with just a quick location spell she had dug up from the back of her head. Following the intense Hell Siphon magic surrounding the hallway and the blended scents of oceans and morning dew that surrounded the hallway, she knew she was heading in the right direction.

No one smelled as heavenly as he did. It was a scent that she made her smile and laugh and forget. It wrapped around her like a blanket, like Lucien's arms and never let go.

Taking a deep breath, the BloodBone casted her eyes to her outfit, her hands brushing against the red top that hugged her chest and her waist and the black, stretchy pants she wore that stopped at her knees. There were still abrasions on her knees from training but at least she looked decent.

She tapped her knuckles on the door, leaning back and waiting for the door to unlock. At first, it was silence, complete silence and panic shot up her spine. Her heart hammered in her chest, the fear of him not there shooting a nervous tingle up her fingers.

Just as she was about to knock again, the slightest sounds of footsteps moving and the click of a door unlocking was heard and she was able to breathe out once again.

The door swung open to reveal the tall, handsome figure of Lucien, his eyebrows knitted into a worried look when his eyes connected with hers. Her breath immediately caught in her throat, taking in his pale face and how red his eyes were.

"What do you want?" he asked in a voice that was so unlike him, rough and gritty. It surprised the BloodBone, in her lips pulled into a frown as she cleared her throat. "May I come in?" she asked instead, keeping her gaze locked on his.

"Why? So you can tell me more about my emotionless, selfish kind?" he sneered at her, his voice cracking at the last word. "Because I don't need to hear it from you."

"That wasn't directed at you, Lucien. It never was!" Venix exclaimed, rushing her fingers through her hair. Her frustration was building up, the tears burning in the back of her eyes. "Just please, let me in and I'll explain."

The Hell Siphon continued to stare at her, his eyes rolling down to her body and her shoes. A thick tension, crackling like static settled between them and it felt as if a hundred years had passed before he finally stepped aside and allowed her to come in.

She walked in, taking in his rather smaller room. It wasn't nearly as big and Rheynoak's but it was just as beautiful, even more, breathtaking than she had imagined. His bed was big enough for five people, boasting with gold embroidery. His windows were closed, draped with royal blue curtains inked with gold detailing.

His walls were creme and displayed an impressive collection of swords and weapons and trophies on one hand. But on the other walls, hand painted portraits exploding with vibrant hues of red and green and the slightest shade of yellow covered, sparkling like the rainbow hung elegantly.

There was a dozen of them, maybe even more but they were all just as beautiful, all just as mysteriously attractive as their painter, an air of suspense and thousand-year-old stories surrounding them.

"Those paintings are at least a few hundred years old" Lucien muttered behind her, capturing her attention. She turned her head to see him leaning against the door, his arms crossed over his broad chest. A tight feeling formed in her chest.

Her eyes found their way back to the paintings, a smile tugging on her lips. "They are beautiful." A hum came from his lips, followed by some shuffling and he was sitting on his bed, his legs pulled up.

Another painting hung on the wall of a girl, beautiful with long white locks that were plaited into braids and the same piercing blue eyes as Lucien. Venix frowned, walking over to the artwork. The girl in the photo sat on a log, wearing a green dress and her slim fingers interlocked in her hair. She seemed happy and carefree. Something the Bloodbone wished to be.

"Who is she?" she asked, gently touching the painting.  "My sister, Esmeralda" he replied back glumly. The Bloodbone smiled, stroking the painting. "She's beautiful" she whispered, tearing her eyes off the girl. The Hell Siphon mumbled something under his voice and sighed, pressing his lips together.

"What do you want?" he asked once again, this time in a softer tone. Venix pressed her lips together, lapping her tongue around her chapped bottom lip before talking. "I was looking over the books to see if I missed anything" she said, taking a few steps towards him.

He didn't sneer at her nor did he flinch, just simply sat there as she approached him. Stopping in front of his bed, the BloodBone looked through her bag until she found what she was looking for.

Pulling out Rheynoak's book, she handed it over to Lucien who took it with a curious glance. "Open to the last page in the book. You'll see a piece of paper wedged deeply in the spine." The Hell Siphon did as he was told, flipping to the last page and letting his fingers pry free the piece of paper that was wedged deeply into the book.

Letting the book drop to the bed, he unfolded the paper and read it. The Witch watched as his lips uttered the words he read, blue eyes widening and his pace slowing down as his eyes darted to the last name on the paper.

Onyx Ashrevion.

"This isn't real. He couldn't have known" he concluded, rising up from his bed to face her. The piece of paper was gripped in his hand, his fingers tearing into the thin, fragile surface. "You are lying to me."

Venix opened her mouth to argue, letting her bag slip off her shoulder and fall into a messy heap on the floor. "Why in the world would I be making this up Lucien? she hissed, shaking her head. "For what benefit would that piece of paper provide me?"

The Hell Siphon scoffed at her, balling the piece of paper into his hand. "You lie about a lot of things Venix" he growled back at her, taking a step towards her. The Witch kept her place, balling her hands into a fist. "You lie about how you feel, you lie about your past" he hissed at her, taking several steps too close,

"And worst of all, you lie about who you are. About how broken you are." By now, he had backed her into the corner of his room, her back hitting a wall as she faced him. Venix's palms were pressed to the wall, her body growing warm and hot and aching all over as Lucien took another step too close, leaving no space for her to breath.

His eyes watered, his breaths synchronizing with hers as he directed his gaze down to her collarbone, his fingers following as he stroked the bruise on her skin.

The sensation of his cold fingers dancing on her burning skin was a feeling  Venix couldn't shake off, confusing and conflicting as she bit her lip to hold back the profanities that threatened to spill out of her lips.

Instead, she focused on his eyes - those oceans and clouds swirling inside his vision- as they lapped over the curve of her jaw, his fingers following. They caressed her face softly, his thumb brushing against her cheek as he cupped her face.

His lips lowered to her face, so close she could smell and taste the mint on his breath as he whispered to her, "I would be an idiot to fall for your idiocy right now."

And just like that, he managed to shatter her again. He managed to sink his claws into her heart and rip it right out of her chest. A ragged breath escaped her lips as she growled at him, using all her strength to push him and herself off the wall.

Lucien crashed into his bed, his hand managing to throw the piece of crumpled paper at her face. "What is wrong with you? What kind of satisfaction would I receive by deceiving you?"

"You never had a problem with deceiving me in the past" he hissed at her, shaking his head. "It wouldn't be a problem for you to lie to my face now. So go ahead. Lie to me right now."

Lies. He was spitting lies in her face based off words she never intended to hurt anyone with. Well except for Rheynoak of course.

The BloodBone couldn't believe the words she was hearing, a scoff leaving her lips as she crossed her arms over her chest. "I am not lying to Lucien. I swear on the stars and back, everything that is coming out of my mouth right now is pure truth."

"Like what you said to Rheynoak, implying that all of us Hell Siphons are cruel, emotionless human beings with no remorse and no care for others. I am pretty sure that was the truth, was it not?"

It felt as if all the pieces of the puzzles had fit together, a spark running through her fingers. Her violet eyes drifted toward his now hateful eyes towards her, shaking her head as she approached him."Is that what this is all about? Insensitive words that were directed at Rheynoak, not you? It wasn't directed at you Lucien, I swear to the stars."

A sharp laugh escaped his lips, almost mocking her as he did so. His blue eyes drifted over to the bag on the floor, her bag and a sneer pulled on her lips. "Insensitive huh? Is that also on your top lists of words to describe Hell Siphons?"

Venix couldn't believe what she was hearing, every word coming out of his mouth a little fabricated piece of lies that he spat at her. The thought of it had her blood boiling, her fingers digging deep into her palm. "Lucien, just let me-"

He caught her off before she could finish her sentence, shaking his head as his icy eyes gazed at the bag on the floor, then at the door. "Just get out of my face, Venix" he uttered to her, stooping down and retreating her bag from the floor. "Just gather your stuff and leave my sight."

Underneath her chest, Venix could feel the crunch of heart tumbled against her ribs, faltering and aching until the pain was nothing but a mere dull sensation that thumped deep in her chest. Her fingers uncurled from each other, her eyes searching through his to find anything.

But there was nothing, nothing in those winter eyes flickered with dark cerulean ocean pieces that told her that he was lying. His scowl, his cold eyes even the way he held her bag towards her, his fingers dangling on the strap suggested his disgust towards her.

Like her presence in his room was a pollution.

So without any argument and tears tickling the back of her eyes, the BloodBone took her bag and swung it over her shoulder, taking a breath in that strained her heart. She looked back over her shoulder to see the Hell Siphon's back facing her, powerful muscles traced underneath his shirt.

But he still didn't turn back to her to protest her exit as she made her way towards the doors.

Yet something seized her body, a sensation that was painful and unbearable all at once that she couldn't shake off. Something made her stop, made her drop her bag and turn around.

Letting her dull bag hit the floor, the BloodBone turned around, refusing to give up. "I don't hate you, Lucien! I never have and I never will." Those words seemed to capture his attention, his body turning around to face hers, ancient eyes meeting hers. "Stop telling me lies that I want to believe."

"But I am not lying." The Witch rested her hand on the curve of his bed, letting her body rest for a minute. "You are the last person in this cruel world I would ever want to hate. I can't hate you."

There. All her feelings, the ones she has been trying so hard to hide underneath her heart was exposed, open to vulnerability and attacks. Everything she had kept inside of her felt as if they were unraveling, slowly but surely.

Those intriguing eyes of his took her in, examining her from top to bottom, almost looking through her soul. He took a few steps towards her, closing the distance between them. "So why did you make it sound like you did, Venix? Why did you make it sound like all Hell Siphons were cruel, corrupted beings?"

"Let me be honest, I hate Rheynoak. I think he is the selfish, immature, emotionless being wandering around in this desert. He doesn't deserve someone as loyal as you by his side if he won't treat you with respect. His heart is not clean. He is truly wicked but with you Lucien, I can't hate you. It doesn't matter what desert we are standing in, I can never bring myself to hate you. You have been here for me since Onyx left even when I pushed you away. You see something in me that I can't and you generally care about me. I know I don't say this often but I can't stand the thought of losing you, Lucien. Yes, I say impulsive and stupid and heartless things without thinking. I have no one but myself to blame for that. But the thought of you abandoning me is too much for me to bear."

The silence between them was static even as the Hell Siphon himself took several steps towards her, the small distance between them thinning. His hand also rested on the curve of the bed, his touch nearly grazing her skin.

His other hand grazed past her arm, whispering up to her skin and causing goosebumps to spring on her arm in a quick frenzy she couldn't control. Her body froze, her lips stuttering on words she couldn't push out. "I was mad and hurt at what you said about hell siphons. I thought you viewed me in that same light" he admitted, sighing deeply. "I realize now that I've just been projecting my fear of rejection onto you."

Venix held her breath as he gently pushed her hair back, the back of his fingers grazing the nape of her neck "I can't bring myself to hate you or ignore you, Venix" he whispered to her, his fingers tracing the delicate curves of her cheeks.

Somewhere in her mind, a voice screamed no. A voice begged him not to do what she knew what he wanted to do. Yet, a more distant voice begged him to do it. To hold her so close, she would suffocate.

Venix sucked in a breath, letting her eyes flutter as she relished in the feeling of his cold fingers dancing on her burning skin. "There are internalized feelings about you that I constantly battle with every day. But remember this, you will never lose me."

Pushing her hair back, he simply drew her into his arms, her arms landing on his chest. She raised her eyes to meet his, her brows furrowed. "But what if one day you give up on me? What if one day, you decide I am not-"

His lips crashed into hers without a second thought, cutting her words off. It was a surprising feeling, one that froze all movements of her body, her arms falling limp around her as he kissed her softly. Her lips didn't know how to respond, her body growing hot and cold at the same time.

Yet, when he began to pull away, a surge of emotion, something that ran slick through her bones caught her attention and guided her on what to do. So she pulled him close, wrapped her arms around him and kissed him deeply.

She hadn't realized how much she had craved his warmth, his touch, his lips on hers until it happened. Her fingers threaded through his long hair, silky strands falling in between her fingers. Lucien's one hand stayed on her cheek while the other curled around her waist, pulling her close until their bodies were plastered against one another.

She kissed him, kissed him so hard she felt like falling. It was a new sensation, a building feeling of wanting and needing and begging that suffocated her all at once. For one wild moment, she felt her mind slip from all the thoughts that wandered through her head, all the warning, and all the signs as she dipped and explored this new, foreign feeling of warmth and happiness, her body tingling with rippling sensations.

For one perfect minute, their heartbeats became one, singing a song first sung from the first ashes that touched the ground. They became one, one whole shadow.

But it was broke apart too soon and both of them pulled apart, their deep breaths synchronizing with one another. Venix took a breath, running her tongue over her lips. Her hands were still threaded in the Hell Siphon's hair just as his arms still intertwined around her waist.

"That was...surprising" she whispered to him, trying her hardest to muster a smile that wouldn't ache her cheeks. Worry laced his eyes, his cheeks burning red and his grip around her waist loosening. "I-I am sorry about that. It was so sudden and I caught you by surprise." He stumbled on and on, scratching the back of his neck. The BloodBone simply shook her head, prying her nails from his back. "No, it wasn't bad. It was just...different. I wasn't expecting you to do that."

"Do you really think Rheynoak really knew about Alesandria before I told him? Is it even possible?" he asked, veering his eyes way from her for a split second.  Venix bit her lip but nodded, strands of hair falling in her eyes. "I am positive. Who else could it have been?" She watched as different emotions crossed his eyes, his brows knitted in a web of worries as he pondered on his thoughts.

His lips, once pulled into a thin line finally open and sighed, nodding his head. "Okay. Leave the books with me. I will go through the journal and see what else I can find."

The Witch nodded, smiling at him once again. "Sounds like a plan. And I am sorry I ever hurt you. That was never my intention" she uttered to him, even as she pulled his face down towards hers.

Lucien's lips turned upward, reflecting her smile. His breath hitting her lips as he uttered back, "And I am sorry for ever doubting you. I should have known better that to assume that you would be that cruel."

A quiet laugh escaped Venix's lips as she held onto him tightly, whispering back to him, "Well, while I am cruel and wicked, all is forgiven."

"For now" Lucien uttered against her lips, his hands brushing away the strands of hair in front of her eyes. Another chuckle escaped her lips, followed by his own harmonious laughter as his lips captured hers once again.  

A/N: And that is the end of another chapter!

Soo...Lucien and Venix finally kissed! Yayyy!

I apologize if it is a bit crappy. I wrote it the first time but didn't save it so I had to rewrite half the scene again at eleven o'clock at night. So yeah, excuse my numerous mistakes.

BUT HEY! THEY KISSED! THEY KISSED! THEY KISSED!

Now, this does not mean they are an official couple. That is not going to happen until the second book at least. But now, they both acknowledged their feelings for each other. And boy, are these some strong feelings.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF THE KISS!

I will go back and edit this scene but for now, I like it.

Besides the kiss, we are very close to figuring out what is wrong with Alesandria and what Rheynoak is hiding. *plays creepy piano music* DUN...DUN...DUN!!

Thank you guys for all your constant support. It means so much to me that you enjoy this book. I enjoy writing it and to hear your feedback always makes my day!

So tell me what your thoughts are on this chapter and don't forget to comment down below and vote if you liked it.

Until next time Lovelies!

With love, May 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 261 9
** A thief with very exceptional skills is trying to steal the most precious thing from the ruler of snow, ice, and frost: the winter itself! ** "Whe...
589K 27.6K 101
*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and betrayal. Four words. ...
24.2K 1.3K 39
As long as people believed that there was a division between the Gifted and the non-Gifted, that one was superior to the other, I wasn't done. As lon...
4.2K 1.2K 33
❛Some women fear the fire and some simply become it...❜ A 17 year old girl, who also happens to be an infamous assassin, named Red ends up in the Roy...