We're a Family

By Soccerstar2015

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... More

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble
(2) Good Morning to You too!
(3) Realizations
(4) Explosions
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(16) No Ice!
(17)Grounded
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(22) Jealousy
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(42) Not So Sweet Surprises

2.7K 54 16
By Soccerstar2015

Alex POV

"No Mama I'm not calling her back." I say annoyed into my phone.

"Lex she really wants-" tries Carli again.

I don't care what she wants!" I yell. "She messed up! She-she-"

"Alexandra your mother lost her job!" snaps Mama through the line. My anger melts away instantly with the new information. I slowly process it as Mama explains. "Jill had a meeting with her this morning. Her contract has been terminated and she's been suspended for six months."  I take a seat on my sofa and take a deep breath. "Baby-"

"How can they terminate her contract AND suspend her? That doesn't even make sense! Are they going to hire her back? Is that what that means?" My leg starts to bounce up and down with nerves.

Mama sighs, "Honey I don't know. Please just answer her calls for me okay? She's sad."

I nod my head feeling guilty, "Yes ma'am. I'll pick up for now on."

"Thank you princess." replies Mama softly. "Have you talked to Christen lately? I don't know how to get ahold of her."

"No ma'am. I can't get her or Tobin to talk to me." I look down and play with my shorts. "I've emailed both of them and called their hotels but nothing." I hear her take a deep breath and shakily let it out. "Mama I'm sure they're fine."

"I know honey." she says sounding like she's trying to sound tough but in reality is crushed. "You're home with Serv right? You guys are okay?"

"We're fine." I stand up and start to look around my room for my suitcase. "Do you want me to come to you? Or M-Mo-m?" I groan annoyed because my bag still has all my dirty clothes in it. "I can get on a plane in an hour Mama. Serv's off this week so we can come together. Just tell me where to go." I snatch my duffle out from under  the bed. "SERV!" I scream pulling the phone away from my ear. "COME HERE PLEASE!"

"Lex you don't need to-"

"Babe what's wrong?" asks Serv catching himself on the door frame. "Is there another spider?" I roll my eyes at his comment and he smiles playfully at me before coming and wrapping his arms around my waist. "Who's on the phone?" he mouths looking confused.

"It's Mama." I say and then turn my attention back to the phone call. "Are you in Jersey or Houston or are you going to see Mom? Where is she right now anyways? Is she in Seattle or North Carolina?"

"How do you know about North Carolina?" asks Mama suddenly more alert. I lean into Servando as I answer.

"I saw it on some website. It just popped up." Serv kisses my neck making me shudder before lightly slapping him on the leg. "Mama, where do I need to book my flight to?"

She sighs, "Seattle. I'm about to leave." I look at Serv to see if he heard. He nods and pecks my temple before going to purchase the tickets.

"We'll meet you there. I love you."

"I love you too Lexi. Be careful please. I'll see you in a few hours."

-A Few Hours Later-

Carli's POV

"Yeah Jer, I just landed." I huff as I pull my carry on from the overhead.  I yank it from the compartment and it smacks me in the face. I stumble backwards and fall into the seat across from me.

"Carli? Car, what happened?" he asks frantic sounding. I frown and rub my back. Damn that hurt.

"I just fell." I mumble. I slowly get back onto my feet and pick up my carry on. "Don't leave Julie with Hope. I'll take a cab. It's not a big deal."

"How about I send Jay to come get you? She knows how to get to the airport from here." he suggest. I sigh.

"That'll be fine. Tell her I'll be at the normal spot." I depart from my gate and head towards baggage claim. Julie will be at the west exit in probably about twenty minutes so I have time to grab something to snack on. I haven't eaten all day. I pick my suitcase up off of the conveyor belt before making my way down the corridor to the opposite exit. As I walk I spot a place with some fruit so I grab an apple and order a cup of coffee. When I hand the girl my credit card I notice single chocolate chip cookies in a display so I grab one and add it to my tab. JJ deserves a little treat. Once I pay and fix my coffee how I like I head to the doors. I get outside and sip my drink until I see the familiar black jeep pull up. Julie parks at the curb and unlocks the doors.

"Hey Mama!" she greets happily while I load my bag into the back seat. I shut that door and get in the passenger side.

"Hey cutie pie." I say leaning over to kiss her temple. "I got you something." I hold up the cookie to show her and then put it in my purse. "You can have it once we get home."

She smiles and nods, "Okay, thank you!" She carefully pulls off and starts to drive. "Is Mom going to get her job back?"

I sigh, "I hope so baby but I don't know." She nods quietly and keeps driving visibly not pleased with my response. "Hey, Lexi and Serv are coming later baby. That'll be fun." I tell her trying to cheer her up. "Maybe you guys can go see a movie or go skating at that cool place downtown! You can take my card and I'll even let you buy ice cream!"

Julie makes a face, "Mom's probably not getting her job back is she?" I look a little confused and she picks it up, "You bought me a cookie and are going to let me buy ice cream with your debit card. Something's wrong Mama."

I look down and put my hand on her thigh, "She's dug herself a pretty deep hole this time. I'm going to do everything I can though, okay? I'm not just going to give up." She nods and parks Jerr's car in his spot in the garage. "How exactly is Mom doing baby?"

She looks at me and sighs, "She's been really clingy to me and she won't stop worrying about everybody else and she's been on the phone and her laptop a bunch. She gets mad real easy too."

I nod, "Have you had lunch yet?" She shakes her head no. I smile and reach over and tickle her a little bit, "Let's go make some then! I know Mom has to have SOMETHING for her princess to eat!" She giggles and squirms in her seat. I get out and grab my suitcase before following her into the house. She starts looking around in the kitchen while I go set my bag down in the living room not sure where they want me to sleep. 

"Oh hey Car." greets Jerramy coming from down the hallway. "How was the ride? Julie found you okay?" 

"Yeah and it was fine." I look behind him, "How's...?"

He frowns, "She's in a mood. She just got off the phone with some lawyer and I guess it wasn't good news." 

I shake my head, "Okay I'll deal with it." I look up at him, "Jules is in that kitchen making some lunch if you'd like to go help." He smiles and walks around me. 

"Good luck with the beast back there." he teases. I roll my eyes. 

Hope's POV

I hear a knock on my door and I frown at it, "I said go away Jerramy!" The door opens anyways and I get ready to yell but stop myself as I see the familiar brown haired woman string back at me with a slightly annoyed look on her face. 

"There is no reason for you to be yelling." she scolds me while coming and crawling on the bed next to me. "I know you're upset but he's doing his best to help you." I sigh and lay my head on her shoulder. 

"Thank you for coming." I whisper cuddling up to her wanting comfort. "I need you." She hugs me back and lays her head on top of mine.

"I know." She shifts and look down at my laptop. "What are you doing?"

"Emailing my manager that I need a new lawyer." I see her frown through her reflection on the screen. She gently shuts it down and pushes it away. "Car-"

"Shh." she commands sitting me up enough so we're face to face. "You're not going to look at that stuff anymore. Your team and I will handle it." I feel myself pout and she smiles just a little bit. "I have a surprise for you later."

My eyes perk up and I look at her suspiciously, "What is it?"

She smirks and shakes her head, "Nope!" She gets up and takes my hand and pulls, "Let's go get some food. I have a feeling you haven't eaten either." I get up and let her drag me to the kitchen where JJ and Jerramy are sitting at the bar eating some leftovers. 

"Mommy, Papa put your plate in the microwave." smiles Julie sweetly. I grin back and hug her. 

"Thank you love." I kiss her forehead before letting her go and going to heat it up. "Car what would you like?" She stops her digging in my fridge and stares at me with her stupid "I got caught smile". I roll my eyes. "I can probably help you out loser." She takes out a tupperware container of spaghetti I made the other day and holds it up. "Yeah you can have that." I chuckle while taking my plate and sitting down next to Julie to eat. Once we all finish up Jerramy says he'll do the dishes so we can have some girl time. 

"Mommy can we do nails?!" asks Jules with a huge smile on her face. "Mama you too! I'll go get the stuff!" she yells and sprints to my bathroom to get all the polish. Carli and I collectively sigh but go to the living room to get ready for her. Julie comes bouncing down the hall and sits next to me and puts her feet in my lap. "I want the sparkly purple kind!" she tells me handing me the bottle. 

I smile softly at her, "Okay cutie. I've got to get this gross looking red off first!" I tickle her feet making her giggle and pull them back quickly. I grab her ankles and bring her toes back to me. "Be still silly goose!" I get the polish remover and start to wipe off the old stuff. 

"Mama I want to do your fingers while Mommy does my feet!" Carli sighs dramatically but holds out one of her hands to the super excited blonde. "I'm going to paint them pink!" she annonces taking out the pink nail polish. Carli looks at me unsure but I just smirk and keep working on Julie's toes. I finally finish one of her feet as she finishes both of Carli's hands. I look over Jay's now sparkly foot and see her typing on her phone. I ignore it and focus back on Julie. "Mama where are you going?" asks JJ suddenly. "I want us to have matching toes!" 

"I'll be back in a little bit bug." She leans down and kisses her forehead. "Be still for Mommy and when I get back I'll let you do mine, okay?" Jay pouts but nods. I look at Carli confused as she walks past me. "I'm going to borrow your car. I'll be right back I promise." 

I nod, "Alright. The keys are on the hook." She leaves and I look back at Julie. 

"Why'd Mama go?" she asks me frowning and playing with her hands. "I thought she was going to hang out with us." 

I smile softly and set her feet on the floor because I finished, "Mama's coming back baby girl. Don't worry." I pick up the pink polish. "Do you want me to do your fingers too?" She sighs but nods and lays her hands on my lap. I start to do her finger nails. "How about tonight you and Mama have a sleepover? Papa and I will make you guys popcorn and snacks while you two just cuddle." She nods while smiling a little bit. As I finish up her pinky finger the door opens and in walks Carli, Alex, and Serv. I smile big but they don't return the same happy faces. "What?" I ask nervously.

Carli takes a shaky breath and looks back at Alex who nods before facing me and Julie again, "Something's happened to Mal."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 720 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
25.5K 585 21
Hope solo has recently been divorced by her ex-husband Jeremy Stevens her teammates have been very supportive throughout this entire process but she...
155K 4.4K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...
Have Hope By H

Fanfiction

542K 12.2K 80
You've spent most of your life in foster care. Given up at a year old, you've been in and out of houses. With a year till you're 18 will you be able...