Are We Different? (Boyxboy)

By Astrocat789

(The cover has been changed) Leo is an extraterrestrial who blew up Mars one to many times. Now he is sent to... More

Chapter 1- Mars Had It Coming
Chapter 2: New Purple Eyed, Scary Friend of Marissa's
Chapter 3: It's a U-F-Uh-Oh
Chapter 4: Flick, Flick Goes the New Kid
Chapter 5: The Alien Needs My Help?
Chapter 6: Friday
Chapter 7: New Recrute
Chapter 8: Alien Jokes
Chapter 9: Leo's House
Chapter 10: The Alien is Homesick
Chapter 11: The Government is Scary
Chapter 12: Freaking Tunnels
Chapter 13: Fightig the Government Might be a Bit Overwhelming
Chapter 14: Leo Has Warm Arms
Chapter 15: Cornered
Chapter 16: Mars Took a Left
Chapter 17: Name's Lyler
Chapter 18: The Martian Has a Plan
Chapter 19: One Down
Chapter 20: Breaking Out
Chapter 21: Getting Mark Back
Chapter 23: Finally
Chapter 24: Mars to the Rescue!
Chapter 25: Reunited
Chapter 26: Unexpected
Chapter 27: Even More Unexpected
Chapter 28: Mark Shut Up
Chapter 29: What Now?
Chapter 30: Isn't This Great
Chapter 31: Jinxed
Chapter 32: Not Today Wolves
Chapter 33: Humber Bumber
Chapter 34: Home Sweet Home, I guess
Epilogue

Chapter 22: Mark or Lyler?

2.6K 189 12
By Astrocat789

Mark's POV

   "We don't have time to kill him Marissa." Leo frowned. He really looked like he wanted to though. "They probably already knew we would come here. We can't linger here any longer."

   "Alright." My best friend groaned, "But we have to find Lyler first."

   "I-I didn't see him... in-in the cells." I coughed slightly and winced when it made pain shoot through my body. Leo gave me a worried look.

   "Mark, I know you probably can't walk but we need to move." I looked at him, then to Marissa, then to the door.

   "I can try." I said, "But i-it would help if I wasn't tied to a c-chair."

   "Oh yeah." Leo cut the ropes off of my wrist and helped me to a standing position. He put an arm around my waist and I put my arm around his shoulders. Marissa grabbed the taser from Dorian's unconscious body and followed after us.

   We stumbled out of the room and into the hallway. Just as we made it to the hallway there were some shouts from my left. My vision was a bit blurry but I didn't need to see to know it was more guards. Leo pulled me to the right and I tried my best to run or at least stay on my feet.

"Where do you think they are keeping Lyler?" Marissa panted from beside me.

"I don't know." Leo wasn't focused on that at the moment.

One of the guards caught up to us. He reaches out a hand and took ahold of my wrist and pulled, hard. I let out a yelp but pulled my arm out of his iron grasp. Mars took her chance to hit him upside the head with the side of the taser. He lost balance and went stumbling to the ground tripping another guy in the process.

"L-Leo." I attended to talk but I was pretty sure I had at least one broken rib and I knew I looked like a punching bag someone had let their anger out on, because I felt it too. "To the l-left."

Leo didn't waste any time. He opened the door and shut it so fast I thought he had left Marissa out in the hallway. He helped me to a wall and I leaned on it for support while he checked to make sure we had lost the guards. When he came back he was in his human form.

"Why did you c-change?" I asked as he kneeled down in front of me.

"Because they'll be expecting an alien, not a human." He explained as he examined the various cuts, bruises, and burns that ran along my body. He places a hand under my chin and lifted it up. His eyes ran up and down my body a couple of times. He let out a low growl which caught me off guard.

"Next time I see Dorian, I'm going to kill him." Leo's voice was low and angry.

"Why?" Marissa came and sat down beside him, "What's wrong?"

Leo didn't answer, instead he placed his hand on my chest and closed his eyes. I was about to ask what he was doing but before I could a warm tingling sensation made its way to my chest and made its way through my entire body. I felt the pain lesson some.

"I can't do much because of the lack of food and all the fighting. If we hadn't of made it sooner Dorian would have killed Mark." The words hit me and I struggled to breathe for a moment. I could have died.

Dorians voice rang in my ears. He doesn't love you back. The memory of me almost betraying Leo was clear as day in my mind and the guilt of it was eating away at me faster than Dorian could ever had hurt me. I had to tell him.

"Leo," my voice was barley a whisper, "I need to tell you something."

He gave me a concerned look. "What is it?"

"I-I", a lump formed in my throat but I swallowed it down. I had to tell him, "I almost t-told him."

"Almost told who, what?" He scrunched up his eyebrows.

I took a breathe and started again. "I almost told Dorian a-about you."

Leo was quite for a moment and I feared the worst. "But you didn't did you?"

"N-no but-"

"Well that's good." He smiled. It took me a moment to realize he wasn't mad at me.

"Your not mad?" I asked, just to make sure.

"No I'm not mad, he was beating you and you still didn't tell. I trust you with my life Mark."

   "I'm sorry," Was all I could manage to choke out.

    "We need to find Lyler." Marissa decided to speak. 

   "Where do you think he-" I attempted to get up put cut short when pain shot through my body. I slumped against the wall but Leo helped me stay on my feet.

   "Marissa, the only way to help Mark is to get him to my ship. If we don't he will die. You have to choose Mark or Lyler?"

~~~~~~~~~
   Chapter 22, here at last! Sorry for the wait. I didn't update on Saturday and forgot to on Sunday but here it is now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232 20 18
(Warning! I wrote this when I was fourteen/fifteen, it's shitty; missing details, a few typos, lack of logical sense... Sooo, you've been warned.) Le...
64 38 39
The criminal, the tiger, the genius, the viper. How will these ragged teens from the wrong side of justice save the world?
41 14 6
Two teenagers,best friends and classmates fell in love with each other's world.Both with destroyed families and much insecurities,they manage to find...
10.7K 299 19
Do you Believe in Aliens? Liam never did have big aspirations he was fresh out of high school and currently lived alone in an apartment gifted to hi...